Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Injuries 21:13 - Dec 7 with 2420 viewsderbyhoop

I'm not sure MW has much of a case for current injury crisis.
A squad of 22 for 46 games seems a big risk. OK we have 6 out, including all 4 WBs but maybe it's not enough players.
We also, by my reckoning, have 9 on loan
Shodipo a Sheff Wed
Masterson @ Cambridge. MW thinks its more important to get him playing than sitting on the bench
Bonne at Ipswich
Bettache at the car crash in Oldham, where he isn't getting regular games
Bansal- mcnulty at Crawley
Kelman can't play until Gills loan spell officialy ended
Gubbins, Domi, Mahorn and Armstrong in National League. Fair enough for Armstrong, who scored Torquay's winner. But the others may never be good enough.

Perhaps it's time to promote some of our own youngsters, at least to the bench. Even if he is reluctant to use them.
Drewe and Owens come to mind

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Injuries on 21:36 - Dec 7 with 2358 viewsdistortR

from your list, I would say from Kelman down they need to be getting proper game time at a lower level at this stage, while those above probably aren't of the standard and, tbh, wouldn't be playing for the first team anyway. A number of them aren't starting for their loan teams.
Owens is coming back from a long injury and in a position we have cover for, Drewe, well I did wonder if he would get moved up given what people who have seen him play say.
To lose 1 wingback is unfortunate, to lose 4 is just careless!
Injuries on 21:38 - Dec 7 with 2349 viewsozexile

Injuries on 21:36 - Dec 7 by distortR

from your list, I would say from Kelman down they need to be getting proper game time at a lower level at this stage, while those above probably aren't of the standard and, tbh, wouldn't be playing for the first team anyway. A number of them aren't starting for their loan teams.
Owens is coming back from a long injury and in a position we have cover for, Drewe, well I did wonder if he would get moved up given what people who have seen him play say.
To lose 1 wingback is unfortunate, to lose 4 is just careless!

I hope Owens can come back but 24 with not even a handful.of appearances doesn't bode well. That's getting into Robert Herrera territory.
Injuries on 10:05 - Dec 8 with 2085 viewsgolborne

Didn’t shodipo get his first appearances in the team as a full back due to injuries?
Injuries on 10:23 - Dec 8 with 2028 viewsgazza1

Without going into details.......all, bar none, are not good enough for first team action.

If we have 22 first team players, which is what the OP suggests, then I feel that is a good number for the budgets that we are operating under. This will increase in January for sure - 100%. We have been so, so unlucky to get injuries to our wide players and so we are finding it even more difficult.

No panic, we are moving forward nicely.
Injuries on 10:26 - Dec 8 with 2034 viewsNorthernr

We're unlucky they're all in the same position, and that position is key to how we play. That's the thing about it, not the amount of players out.
Injuries on 10:57 - Dec 8 with 1972 viewsLowerloftLad

Injuries on 10:26 - Dec 8 by Northernr

We're unlucky they're all in the same position, and that position is key to how we play. That's the thing about it, not the amount of players out.

I wrote on the Cambridge FC fourm and Marsterson is getting good reviews from there fans. I hope he gets a chance at QPR next season.

Armstrong- He is a very exciting prospect I think he will stay on loan until the end of the season with Torquay and will be into the double figures by the end of the season.

Bonne- he has gone right of the boil has now gone ten games without a goal. " My Charlton mate said he looked laughable last night and was constantly offside".
[Post edited 8 Dec 2021 11:07]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Injuries on 11:21 - Dec 8 with 1899 viewsTheChef

Injuries on 10:57 - Dec 8 by LowerloftLad

I wrote on the Cambridge FC fourm and Marsterson is getting good reviews from there fans. I hope he gets a chance at QPR next season.

Armstrong- He is a very exciting prospect I think he will stay on loan until the end of the season with Torquay and will be into the double figures by the end of the season.

Bonne- he has gone right of the boil has now gone ten games without a goal. " My Charlton mate said he looked laughable last night and was constantly offside".
[Post edited 8 Dec 2021 11:07]

Constantly offside??

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Injuries on 11:44 - Dec 8 with 1875 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I agree to a certain extent that all 4 wingbacks being injured at once is unlucky. However QPR have not helped themselves by gambling on senior and injury-prone players as well as recruiting the likes of Kane and Hamalainen.

As you say wing-backs are key to how Warburton wants QPR to play, so it's very important to recruit well in these positions..
Login to get fewer ads

Injuries on 13:26 - Dec 8 with 1754 viewsqprd

Unlucky that the injuries are in the same position, but not surprising:

-Wallace and Odubajo are perpetually injured.
-Adomah is 34

Warbs did the sports science bit quite well last season, but i think he's gotten it wrong this year:

-Adomah only made 5 appearances in our first 12 matches. Since 14 Oct (and excl the Stoke match that he missed, he started 8 straight matches (including 2 weekend-weekday-weekend strings of matches). In those 8 starts, he only came off as a sub for 14 cumulative minutes... our wingbacks are by far our most industrious players on the pitch and he more than anyone has been putting in the yards both going forward and backwards... when you put that kind of pressure on a 34 year old, its not that surprising when he gets injured

-Wallace also has arguably been mis-managed. why would he asked to play the full 90 minutes in his first match against Luton. We had a 2 goal lead for most of the second half and couldve easily brought off wallace...

Cant expect older players to play 90 mins nearly every match
Injuries on 13:41 - Dec 8 with 1731 viewsNorthernr

Injuries on 11:44 - Dec 8 by Benny_the_Ball

I agree to a certain extent that all 4 wingbacks being injured at once is unlucky. However QPR have not helped themselves by gambling on senior and injury-prone players as well as recruiting the likes of Kane and Hamalainen.

As you say wing-backs are key to how Warburton wants QPR to play, so it's very important to recruit well in these positions..

Same answer as always though isn't it? Wing backs are massive in the modern game, even the majority of the Championship now plays with a back three. If a wing back is fit, good, under 30... he's in high demand and probably out of our budget. If they're signing here, there's something wrong with them somewhere - too old, too young, injury prone, unproven.

Sam McCallum is good age, good pedigree, good fitness record... out long term.
Injuries on 14:31 - Dec 8 with 1659 viewsPinnerPaul

Yep think you're right.

Holloway said once that you have to work on the premise that you will have 20% of your squad unavailable at any one time - not sure how scientific that figure was though!
Injuries on 14:36 - Dec 8 with 1650 viewsHAYESBOY

IMO we need a left wing back in.

Looks like a loan will be the option, but I am unsure our priority is a centre back.
I see its reported that Warbs would rather leave Masterson out on loan but i think it would be the better option to recall him if we are that worried about a centre back.
With McCallum out until at least Feb 22 and Wallace constantly out injured, its a left wing back that we need.

Don't think we can go back in for George Cox.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Injuries on 14:51 - Dec 8 with 1626 viewsPinnerPaul

On the 'youngsters' - MW has said there is a massive difference between League 1 and Championship and two QPR legends - Furlong and Ainsworth have both said that the gap between Under 23s and League 1/2 is massive - most don't make it, remember - so its a bit naive/optimistic to expect even our 'best' U23s to be of any use to MW without much experience of 'proper' football.
Injuries on 15:49 - Dec 8 with 1555 viewsLazyFan

If Warbs wants a Cenral Defender, then maybe Barbet is off after all and we are lining up the replacement early.

zzzzzzzzzz

Injuries on 17:08 - Dec 8 with 1452 viewsderbyhoop

One of the clickbait sites, the72.co.uk, suggested 3 possible centre backs. I guess all would be loans.

Joe Rodon, who Spurs signed from Swansea for a big fee but have hardly used him
Haydon Roberts, a 19 year old from Brighton who can play CB, LB or DCM
Nathaniel Phillips, who had a few games for Liverpool when VVD and others were injured

All seem plausible

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Injuries on 17:09 - Dec 8 with 1439 viewsNorthernr

Injuries on 14:36 - Dec 8 by HAYESBOY

IMO we need a left wing back in.

Looks like a loan will be the option, but I am unsure our priority is a centre back.
I see its reported that Warbs would rather leave Masterson out on loan but i think it would be the better option to recall him if we are that worried about a centre back.
With McCallum out until at least Feb 22 and Wallace constantly out injured, its a left wing back that we need.

Don't think we can go back in for George Cox.

Annoying we didn't get that one over the line in the summer.
Injuries on 17:18 - Dec 8 with 1408 viewsdistortR

Injuries on 17:09 - Dec 8 by Northernr

if he had crossed that line, you know for sure he would have immediately tripped over and broken his leg.
Injuries on 18:37 - Dec 8 with 1313 viewsHAYESBOY

Injuries on 17:09 - Dec 8 by Northernr

Wasn't there mention in the piece on him that he had a heart condition identified early in his career? I can't find the piece on him.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Injuries on 21:32 - Dec 8 with 1187 viewseghamranger

Injuries on 17:08 - Dec 8 by derbyhoop

One of the clickbait sites, the72.co.uk, suggested 3 possible centre backs. I guess all would be loans.

Nathaniel Phillips, who had a few games for Liverpool when VVD and others were injured

All seem plausible

We’ve seen it in the past like with Luke Amos, players want games and we are playing decent football and with MW we are a decent option these days
Injuries on 21:57 - Dec 8 with 1137 viewsMyke

Thinking about Clive's comment some weeks ago about 'staying in touch'. So far we have been doing that and then some, but it's a fine line. Victory over Stoke would have opened up a 7 point gap on 7th and afforded us some breathing space results wise until reinforcements (which going by the interview with the recruitment guy, have already been identified) arrive in January. Defeat unfortunately dragged us right back into the pack, but still fulfilling our remit of 'keeping in touch'. If we can continue to pick up enough points to do that over the remainder of the month, then hopefully a couple of defenders can arrive to bolster the squad. And they will probably be players not on our (the fans) radar at all. Sweetman and the old Brighton guy were our seemingly nailed on targets last January and look what happened ?
While obviously the wing backs are a big loss, I also think Dykes is a big loss. His physicality and desire to put himself about have been sorely missed - especially against Stoke where he would have unsettled their man mountains in the middle of their defence a bit more than Charlie was able to.
Injuries on 22:17 - Dec 8 with 1081 viewsFrankRightguard

Injuries on 17:08 - Dec 8 by derbyhoop

All seem plausible

Phillips played against AC Milan last night and was pretty decent so I think you can strike through that one
Injuries on 22:32 - Dec 8 with 1064 viewsbosh67

I just wonder if we can get Bettache back whether he and Duke-McKenna could do a job as a wingback? Shodipo did start his first game in that position as well.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Injuries on 22:35 - Dec 8 with 1060 viewsozexile

Getting Niko back surely has to better than playing a CDM there?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024