Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
African Cup of Nations thread 22:07 - Jan 9 with 30700 viewsqueensparker

Watching the Cameroon Burkina Faso game and it reminds me of how the World Cup used to be, you might know one or two players but the rest are a mystery. Some real good players on show you’ve never heard of plus proper fouls. Burkina Faso look decent. And Technicolor kits.

Looking forward to watching it - seeing Chair and Taarabt ripping it up for Morocco would be a great QPR moment, plus looks like Seny might get a game for Senegal. No idea who might win though
[Post edited 9 Jan 2022 23:30]
African Cup of Nations thread on 17:30 - Jan 30 with 2297 viewsPeterHucker

African Cup of Nations thread on 17:22 - Jan 30 by TGRRRSSS

Has Chair come on? Just turned onto the game.

He could be back in W12 very soon as it stands...

he's not on yet (112 mins) & Morocco have used 5 subs which I think is all they are allowed.
African Cup of Nations thread on 17:39 - Jan 30 with 2201 viewsCiderwithRsie

African Cup of Nations thread on 17:29 - Jan 30 by enfieldargh

He's coming home he's coming home Illy's coming home.......please!!!!!

Sorry he's not played much part, hopefully he's fresh and ready to kick on and Willy got his Illy back

It's funny one because normally I like to see our players playing and doing well in internationals, (e.g. Dykes for Scotland) I like to think it helps them grow as players. So if Chair was getting game time then Morocco would definitely be my team in the AFCON.

But since he's not in the side I want them knocked out ASAP.
African Cup of Nations thread on 17:42 - Jan 30 with 2172 viewsDieByYourSide

That's that. Morocco out. Shame it's not gone the way Ilias would've wanted but won't be his last AFCON

Poll: And it's hi ho

African Cup of Nations thread on 17:46 - Jan 30 with 2112 viewsNorthernr

African Cup of Nations thread on 17:39 - Jan 30 by CiderwithRsie

It's funny one because normally I like to see our players playing and doing well in internationals, (e.g. Dykes for Scotland) I like to think it helps them grow as players. So if Chair was getting game time then Morocco would definitely be my team in the AFCON.

Exactly where I am. Very proud to see him and seny out there, but if he's just going to sit on the bench then fck them.
African Cup of Nations thread on 17:47 - Jan 30 with 2083 viewskernowhoop

African Cup of Nations thread on 17:46 - Jan 30 by Northernr

Exactly where I am. Very proud to see him and seny out there, but if he's just going to sit on the bench then fck them.

When can Ilias come home?
African Cup of Nations thread on 17:48 - Jan 30 with 2070 viewsOldPedro

African Cup of Nations thread on 17:39 - Jan 30 by CiderwithRsie

My thoughts exactly - really wanted Chair to get to play in a few matches. Must be disappointing for him to only get 30 mins or so, but could be good for us that he has had a bit of a mid-season rest. Hope he gets home quickly and doesn't take long to get back up to match fitness

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

African Cup of Nations thread on 17:52 - Jan 30 with 2044 viewsStainrod

African Cup of Nations thread on 17:46 - Jan 30 by Northernr

Exactly. Some were trying to argue the other day that we should all be supporting Morocco. If Chair is only developing cramp on the bench am absolutely delighted they are out and he adds to our attacking options and potentially (for example) enables us to rest Willock against Peterborough.
African Cup of Nations thread on 18:00 - Jan 30 with 2004 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I wonder how his head will be on his return to Rangers duty. He could be anything from elated to completely disillusioned.

Gary Lineker once mentioned on his podcast with Danny Baker how seasons following International tournaments were impacted by how well or otherwise he played, but also how well or otherwise he was treated. And he had holidays in between those tournaments and returning to his club. Chair's expected to play straight away. And to be unaffected by the biggest tournament of his life going slightly off-plan.

I hope he's ok and able to re-adjust , and I trust the Management to help him.

Edit - spell-check.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2022 18:01]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

African Cup of Nations thread on 18:07 - Jan 30 with 1960 viewsTGRRRSSS

Exactly where I am with it Brian, that being said it might help getting straight into the cut and thrust again, and the fact we're going well on top might help him, as opposed to being thrown into a relegation battle where we'd be desperately relying on him to come back and do the biz.

However the overall disappointment can affect anyone to some degree.

ON the other hand he might be relieved to get away from there?

And he's had a change of scene and a decent mid season break in reality.
African Cup of Nations thread on 18:27 - Jan 30 with 1874 viewsJamesB1979

African Cup of Nations thread on 18:00 - Jan 30 by BrianMcCarthy

I wonder how his head will be on his return to Rangers duty. He could be anything from elated to completely disillusioned.

Gary Lineker once mentioned on his podcast with Danny Baker how seasons following International tournaments were impacted by how well or otherwise he played, but also how well or otherwise he was treated. And he had holidays in between those tournaments and returning to his club. Chair's expected to play straight away. And to be unaffected by the biggest tournament of his life going slightly off-plan.

I hope he's ok and able to re-adjust , and I trust the Management to help him.

Edit - spell-check.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2022 18:01]

He’s got to play in the cup game. He’s barely played for a couple of weeks (maybe longer?). Got to use the cup game to get his match fitness back. Our squad is looking really strong at just the right time.
African Cup of Nations thread on 18:39 - Jan 30 with 1825 viewstheQPRking

I wouldn't have thought it to be a complete waste of time for him.. Training with a higher standard of player, the experience of actually being part of an international squad, he also might have gone there knowing he wasn't going to play a major part (if at all), and the manager wanted him there to gain valuable experience in prep for the next one.. Bit like England do with players like bellingham now and wallcott in the past etc.. Some of the players he would have mixed with day in day out are at some top top clubs..
African Cup of Nations thread on 18:55 - Jan 30 with 1773 viewsstevec

Bit of training, a months holiday, sun on his back.

If you ask me, that all went rather well.
African Cup of Nations thread on 20:56 - Jan 30 with 1663 viewskensalriser

Just watched my first football of this tournament, Senegal v E Guinea. Strange standard - some odd flashes of PL/upper champ level quality amongst a general standard of all levels down to Conference.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

African Cup of Nations thread on 19:19 - Jan 31 with 1452 viewsGloryHunter

Eswatini is the new name for Swaziland. The King changed the name because he got fed up of it being mistaken for Switzerland when he travelled overseas.

I just heard that on The Unbelievable Truth.
African Cup of Nations thread on 10:31 - Feb 1 with 1255 viewsDaBurgh

African Cup of Nations thread on 19:19 - Jan 31 by GloryHunter

Eswatini is the new name for Swaziland. The King changed the name because he got fed up of it being mistaken for Switzerland when he travelled overseas.

I just heard that on The Unbelievable Truth.

I can believe it! I'm sure him being confused for the king of Switzerland happened countless times per day on his travels abroad.
African Cup of Nations thread on 19:50 - Feb 3 with 1081 viewsAirtomoreira

Cameroon V Egypt: Serious contender for worst game of football even shown live on TV?
African Cup of Nations thread on 20:56 - Feb 3 with 968 viewsNoDiddley

Circus
African Cup of Nations thread on 20:59 - Feb 3 with 959 viewsQPRSteve

African Cup of Nations thread on 19:50 - Feb 3 by Airtomoreira

Cameroon V Egypt: Serious contender for worst game of football even shown live on TV?

So good I nodded off in the second half.
African Cup of Nations thread on 21:49 - Feb 3 with 892 viewsdaveB

every Egypt game has been awful so far
African Cup of Nations thread on 22:09 - Feb 3 with 854 viewsdannyblue

Really was shocking.
African Cup of Nations thread on 22:19 - Feb 3 with 823 viewshook_hoops

African Cup of Nations thread on 19:50 - Feb 3 by Airtomoreira

...not featuring West Brom.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024