Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 22:08 - Jan 11 with 8128 viewsenfieldargh

THey were so full of hope signing all those veterans

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 14:57 - Jan 12 with 1418 viewsstantheman10

Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 13:08 - Jan 12 by enfieldargh

Dont forget to add 3points to posh's total as they do the double over us

And 3 points for Barnsley as we're live on telly against them!
Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 15:08 - Jan 12 with 1357 viewskensalriser

Haven't we won a number of live televised games this season?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 15:16 - Jan 12 with 1323 viewsPinnerPaul

Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 15:08 - Jan 12 by kensalriser

Haven't we won a number of live televised games this season?

Yep - its a bit of a myth tbf. that we always lose 'on TV'

The fact is ALL games are 'televised' - blimey even at my ripe old age I find that word a bit 20th century!
Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 15:34 - Jan 12 with 1307 viewsStainrod

Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 08:41 - Jan 12 by Rangersw12

https://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=188990&start=480

Club is imploding

Talk of alleged racism in the squad

Interesting. Much as I don't have any time for anti-vax players you would sadly have a thin squad if you only signed vaxed ones and I notice the claim that Ejara is the alleged victim of racism that apparently wasn't dealt with properly by the club when he complained. If it has now gone to the police hard to see how he can remain at the club?

Now, if we are looking for a number 10, I have always really liked this player and his whole style of play (including the fact that he can be frustratingly cr*p and lazy on occasion) just screams to me "potential Rs legend...".

Thoughts?
Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 15:46 - Jan 12 with 1287 viewscollegeranger

Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 09:40 - Jan 12 by enfieldargh

Karanka available and great fit for them

Listened to Undr Cosh think it was Matt Mills episode which was a surprisingly good listen.

Spoke about Karanka just splashing out on players for the sake of it without even looking into them

Talking of Matt Mills .... it reminds me of the story of an old wormate of mine who's daughter was seeing a Reading keeper while Mills was there and the said goalkeeper really enjoyed corner practice as he could rush out and try and punch the ball but unfortunately miss the ball but properly punch Mills in the face!!
Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 16:07 - Jan 12 with 1215 viewsNorthernr

Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 15:16 - Jan 12 by PinnerPaul

Yep - its a bit of a myth tbf. that we always lose 'on TV'

The fact is ALL games are 'televised' - blimey even at my ripe old age I find that word a bit 20th century!

Difficult to crunch the numbers now because as you say so many are televised/red button but I did the full record a few years back and at that point we won one in 2.98 non-televised games but only one in 4.32 televised ones.

The curse is real — Preview 28th Sep 2017 20:41
Ahead of QPR’s first televised game of the season at home to Fulham on Friday night, LFW publishes the club’s complete Sky record since football began in 1992 (we think). 5

Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 16:16 - Jan 12 with 1188 viewsstowmarketrange

Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 16:07 - Jan 12 by Northernr

Difficult to crunch the numbers now because as you say so many are televised/red button but I did the full record a few years back and at that point we won one in 2.98 non-televised games but only one in 4.32 televised ones.

Ahead of QPR’s first televised game of the season at home to Fulham on Friday night, LFW publishes the club’s complete Sky record since football began in 1992 (we think). 5

Can we sue them for robbing us of our place in the champions league every season?
Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 16:17 - Jan 12 with 1175 viewsPinnerPaul

Yes I remember that article.

As you pointed out, if I remember correctly, that disparity could be partly explained by the fact that we were often picked as the live game in the PL when we played the top 6.

Not sure that argument holds water now we are regularly on against the mighty Reading and Barnsley!

"No disrespect intended" Copyright MW
Login to get fewer ads

Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 16:21 - Jan 12 with 1159 viewsdaveB

This season if you go by the non red button games it's won 2, Drawn 3 and lost 5.
I'm not sure of Cardiff was on Sky or not so didn't include that

I don't believe in any curse but across the whole season we've only lost 2 non televised games (Peterbrough & Bristol City)
Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 16:26 - Jan 12 with 1143 viewsstantheman10

Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 16:17 - Jan 12 by PinnerPaul

Yes I remember that article.

As you pointed out, if I remember correctly, that disparity could be partly explained by the fact that we were often picked as the live game in the PL when we played the top 6.

Not sure that argument holds water now we are regularly on against the mighty Reading and Barnsley!

"No disrespect intended" Copyright MW

Mate you obviously like to be right about everything. Do you seriously think we are going to go to Barnsley in the middle of winter and romp the game? They already played us off the park in the home game so I think you have disrespected Barnsley.
Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 16:33 - Jan 12 with 1131 viewsMrSheen

Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 16:26 - Jan 12 by stantheman10

Mate you obviously like to be right about everything. Do you seriously think we are going to go to Barnsley in the middle of winter and romp the game? They already played us off the park in the home game so I think you have disrespected Barnsley.

I still don't understand why the Barnsley side that could have been 4-0 up at ours by half time have only won twice out of 24 in the league.
Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 16:33 - Jan 12 with 1130 viewsSK_hoops

Barnsley have done the double on us last two seasons too.
Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 16:35 - Jan 12 with 1127 viewsjoe90

Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 15:34 - Jan 12 by Stainrod

Interesting. Much as I don't have any time for anti-vax players you would sadly have a thin squad if you only signed vaxed ones and I notice the claim that Ejara is the alleged victim of racism that apparently wasn't dealt with properly by the club when he complained. If it has now gone to the police hard to see how he can remain at the club?

Now, if we are looking for a number 10, I have always really liked this player and his whole style of play (including the fact that he can be frustratingly cr*p and lazy on occasion) just screams to me "potential Rs legend...".

Thoughts?

I think it was back in 2019 we played Reading mid-week? I remember thinking Ejara was a quality player. He had an excellent game that night.

If he has the right attitude he would thrive in our current squad, plus he currently plays in blue and white hoops so it wouldn't be too much of a big change for him : )
[Post edited 12 Jan 2022 16:36]
Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 16:35 - Jan 12 with 1126 viewsNorthernr

Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 16:33 - Jan 12 by SK_hoops

Barnsley have done the double on us last two seasons too.

Yeh there are some teams we seem to really like playing under Warbs, and some we really don't - and Barnsley we really don't!
Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 16:56 - Jan 12 with 1065 viewskensalriser

They played us off the park and yet didn't win the game.

Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 17:00 - Jan 12 with 1041 viewsNorthernr

Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 16:56 - Jan 12 by kensalriser

They played us off the park and yet didn't win the game.

I often wonder if that manager has big regrets about that. They absolutely destroyed us, we had to make two subs in the first half, could have been 4-0 down at half time.

And yet, because it's the Championship, the plan A, B and C for the second half was shut up shop, everybody behind the ball, goalkeeper timewasting, run the clock, see it out at 2-0. If they'd got a third we were done. If they'd kept attacking us we were screwed. And yet they invited us back in, and I don't think he won another game before getting the sack.
Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 17:13 - Jan 12 with 988 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Didn't we go about 20 games where we didn't win on a Friday? Most of those would have been on TV.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 17:14 - Jan 12 with 980 viewsNorthernr

Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 17:13 - Jan 12 by CliveWilsonSaid

Didn't we go about 20 games where we didn't win on a Friday? Most of those would have been on TV.

Yes, Luton I think was the first win in 22/23? 20 defeats and a couple of draws.
Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 17:16 - Jan 12 with 961 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 17:14 - Jan 12 by Northernr

Yes, Luton I think was the first win in 22/23? 20 defeats and a couple of draws.

It's real alright!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 17:18 - Jan 12 with 953 viewsPinnerPaul

It WAS a joke and referenced Clive's original article!

Obviously if we are on TV and most of the games are against Liverpool, Man Utd/City etc then its pretty obvious we were going to lose more than we win - which was the case if you include the PL live games.

As we are 5th in the league and winning more than we lose then if its the other way round on Live TV then that proves the point.

Blimey this board has become hard work the last few days!
Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 17:19 - Jan 12 with 945 viewsNorthernr

Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 17:18 - Jan 12 by PinnerPaul

Obviously if we are on TV and most of the games are against Liverpool, Man Utd/City etc then its pretty obvious we were going to lose more than we win - which was the case if you include the PL live games.

As we are 5th in the league and winning more than we lose then if its the other way round on Live TV then that proves the point.

We desperately need a fcking game of football
Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 17:19 - Jan 12 with 943 viewsPinnerPaul

Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 17:18 - Jan 12 by PinnerPaul

" You obviously like to be right about everything" the old ignore button beckons.
Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 17:25 - Jan 12 with 911 viewsPinnerPaul

Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 17:19 - Jan 12 by Northernr

We desperately need a fcking game of football

Sooooooooooooooo true.

Yep the fact we have 10 cameras instead of two and a great big SkyBet carpet on the pitch before the game makes all the difference.

Make a joke about it and not only do people jump on it telling me that Barnsley should be spelt B A R C E L O N A, I get accused of 'wanting to be right all the time' ......about what exactly?????????????????

As I said 'hard work', if I wanted that I would go and do a bit of freelance work, not waste my time typing nonsense/ 'humour' on here!
Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 19:32 - Jan 12 with 788 viewsAntti_Heinola

Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 17:25 - Jan 12 by PinnerPaul

Sooooooooooooooo true.

Yep the fact we have 10 cameras instead of two and a great big SkyBet carpet on the pitch before the game makes all the difference.

Make a joke about it and not only do people jump on it telling me that Barnsley should be spelt B A R C E L O N A, I get accused of 'wanting to be right all the time' ......about what exactly?????????????????

As I said 'hard work', if I wanted that I would go and do a bit of freelance work, not waste my time typing nonsense/ 'humour' on here!

Humour is stretching it Pinner

Bare bones.

Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 19:41 - Jan 12 with 769 viewskensalriser

Fakes 0 Ruperts 7 on 17:00 - Jan 12 by Northernr

I often wonder if that manager has big regrets about that. They absolutely destroyed us, we had to make two subs in the first half, could have been 4-0 down at half time.

And yet, because it's the Championship, the plan A, B and C for the second half was shut up shop, everybody behind the ball, goalkeeper timewasting, run the clock, see it out at 2-0. If they'd got a third we were done. If they'd kept attacking us we were screwed. And yet they invited us back in, and I don't think he won another game before getting the sack.

All true, but I don't think the continuing narrative on that game is entirely accurate. We were much better after making the subs and scored two deserved goals to level it. It wasn't a lucky point by any stretch.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024