Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parcel Farce 12:16 - Jan 20 with 3211 viewsRangersDave

So i was in Iceland last week, and coming back i left my glasses in one of those security bins that go through the x ray machines.

Luckily the airport are very helpful, found my glasses and sent them onto me ( i paid shipping of course), and they were due to arrive between 11 and 12am this morning.

I cannot do much without them and they are my only pair so being eager, i have been sitting by the glass (fully see through) and built in letter box for that hour, plue 15 mins either side.

At 11.55am i get a ping, saying they had attempted delivery and there was no answer, so they have left a card.

Well bash my butt with a banjo, guess what? no one attempted anything, no card through my door and no way of easily getting my item now as it means more time off work for the glasses whenever i might be able to get a redelivery.

Oh and no one to ring to chew their ears off either.
WTF, lying barstewards

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Parcel Farce on 12:43 - Jan 20 with 3110 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sympathies.

It's not far off the stage here where they lob parcels from the vans as they hurtle past.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Parcel Farce on 12:50 - Jan 20 with 3084 viewsQPRSteve

Read the first sentence and wondered why you had to use a security bid whilst shopping at Iceland😮
Parcel Farce on 18:24 - Jan 20 with 2895 viewsRangersDave

lol

Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Parcel Farce on 18:29 - Jan 20 with 2883 viewsT_Block

By law they have to make two attempts to deliver it.So All you can do is wait for the next phone message and maybe use an old set of glasses?
Parcel Farce on 18:33 - Jan 20 with 2874 viewsenfieldargh

Fella in the row in front of me in SA stand is a posty do you want me to sort him out?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Parcel Farce on 18:40 - Jan 20 with 2848 viewsRangersDave

yes mate, give him a clip for me please ;-)

Parcel Farce on 19:41 - Jan 20 with 2760 viewskensalriser

Oldest trick in the book, drivers do this when they know they don't have enough time to make all the drops.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Parcel Farce on 20:34 - Jan 20 with 2678 viewsbollockchops

i remember when it was Bejam
Login to get fewer ads

Parcel Farce on 21:06 - Jan 20 with 2603 viewscollegeranger

I think a well worded email to

Parcelforce Worldwide

Ms Susan Howlett Customer Experience Director

Email susan.howlett@royalmail.com
Parcel Farce on 21:58 - Jan 20 with 2535 viewsDavieQPR

Round my way we haven't had a delivery since well before Xmas and we are not even on the list of problem sorting offices. Will be strange receiving Xmas cards in February.
Parcel Farce on 22:13 - Jan 20 with 2501 viewsBklynRanger

I actually never thought about putting my glasses in the plastic bin. I might be deemed a security risk if I did anyway, cannot see 8 feet without them would probably walk off in the wrong direction away from the metal detector.

Hopefully the driver has his kinks ironed out tomorrow.
Parcel Farce on 22:24 - Jan 20 with 2472 viewssupahoopsa

I had to return a small parcel last week. No problem I thought. I went onto the Royal mail website, chose my postage option, paid online and downloaded and printed my postage label.

Took the parcel to the post office, had to queue for 25 minutes as they only had one out of 5 desks open as their staff had gone for lunch.

Finally I get to the desk and then the lady tried to scan the postage label and then when she saw the label she announced that the post office cannot process Royal mail postage. She advised me that I had to take it to a Royal Mail office on the other side of town.

When I got to their office, they confirmed that the post office don't have the right scanners.

Less than impressed

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Parcel Farce on 23:07 - Jan 20 with 2398 viewsqueensparker

Parcel Farce on 22:24 - Jan 20 by supahoopsa

I had to return a small parcel last week. No problem I thought. I went onto the Royal mail website, chose my postage option, paid online and downloaded and printed my postage label.

Took the parcel to the post office, had to queue for 25 minutes as they only had one out of 5 desks open as their staff had gone for lunch.

Finally I get to the desk and then the lady tried to scan the postage label and then when she saw the label she announced that the post office cannot process Royal mail postage. She advised me that I had to take it to a Royal Mail office on the other side of town.

When I got to their office, they confirmed that the post office don't have the right scanners.

Less than impressed

Can’t beat privatisation eh. What a great idea that was
Parcel Farce on 00:01 - Jan 21 with 2346 viewsGaryT

If you want to look on the bright side, thanks to Bojo's incompetence in getting border checks working properly, I doubt you'll be paying a handling fee and import duty. Silver linings.
Parcel Farce on 00:19 - Jan 21 with 2321 viewsplasmahoop

If it is parcelforce to which we are referring, they are dreadful. I was a dustcart driver for years, but ended up working for parcelforce on a Xmas contract. You are trying to deliver 100 plus parcels a day, sometimes on countryside routes. Plus collections some days. Absolutely ridiculous workload, the management are all ignorant knuckledraggers. But basically you start cheating and leaving stuff or saying you've tried to deliver it when you haven't just to save time or try to fend off another confrontation when you get back to the depot. Utter rubbish
Parcel Farce on 01:20 - Jan 21 with 2288 viewsjohncharles

Old joke.
When I was a kid we used to knock on people’s doors and run away. We called it “Knock Door Run”
Now it’s called Parcel Force.

Strong and stable my arse.

Parcel Farce on 01:36 - Jan 21 with 2277 viewsBoston

Parcel Farce on 22:13 - Jan 20 by BklynRanger

I actually never thought about putting my glasses in the plastic bin. I might be deemed a security risk if I did anyway, cannot see 8 feet without them would probably walk off in the wrong direction away from the metal detector.

Hopefully the driver has his kinks ironed out tomorrow.

Have you ever considered taking up refereeing?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Parcel Farce on 09:17 - Jan 21 with 2096 viewsPlanetHonneywood

About 30 years ago I was on holiday in the US and between houses back in the UK. Accordingly, I had all my kit at my mum’s.

Alas a week in, my prosthetic limb broke; luckily I could just about hobble on it but it was painful. So I called my mum, a mate and a courier company to send my spare out to me to pick up in Vegas. My mum’s roll: pick the spare out of my stuff and my mate would take it to the courier firm to send as a medical emergency. They had four days to get it to the RV point.

Assured it would; that it had arrived on US soil; and would be in Vegas soon, it all started to unravel when it wasn’t. I’ll spare the details but after four days in Vegas, I now needed it returned to London. My calls with the company saw me rip them a second one; my mate in London similarly having a go.

I returned to London two weeks later and now in some pain, gave both barrels over the phone to the couriers upon walking in the door of my mum’s place. ‘Sir we’ve returned the item to your home and with our unreserved apology, a compensatory sum’.

I go upstairs open the parcel and discover…my mum had somehow managed to send the wrong spare! She had found something in a wardrobe and sent that. Thing is, it was from when I was a lot younger and would only fit me if I were 15! I opened the accompanying letter, saw the amount in the cheque and err, umm, decided oh well I’ll pay that in and we’ll leave it there then!

Moral of the story: when you haven’t got a leg to stand on, most times neither have they!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Parcel Farce on 16:50 - Jan 21 with 1922 viewsstonebridgers

Perhaps they did turn up but without your glasses how would you have seen them?

Stonebridgers

Parcel Farce on 17:02 - Jan 21 with 1905 viewsdezzar

Parcel Farce on 23:07 - Jan 20 by queensparker

Can’t beat privatisation eh. What a great idea that was

Is there any industry that has improved after privitisation? I cant think of one
Parcel Farce on 17:14 - Jan 21 with 1862 viewsR_from_afar

That must be very distressing. I hope your glasses arrive soon, and not like this:

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024