Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton on Cov - "We Got Away With One" 18:51 - Jan 22 with 3091 viewsBrianMcCarthy

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/mark-warburton-on-coventry-win-220122/

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warburton on Cov - "We Got Away With One" on 18:57 - Jan 22 with 2995 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Very fair assessment.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warburton on Cov - "We Got Away With One" on 19:07 - Jan 22 with 2926 viewseastside_r

Well I was watching on a dodgy stream with no comms and I thought that Cov dominated us for large parts of the game so I also agree with MW 's assessment.
Warburton on Cov - "We Got Away With One" on 19:08 - Jan 22 with 2911 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Seriously, the club needs to improve the quality of the sound on these interviews. It's not the first time it's been crackly. It's like listening to AM/LW radio.
Warburton on Cov - "We Got Away With One" on 19:16 - Jan 22 with 2813 viewsSharpy36

Warburton on Cov - "We Got Away With One" on 19:08 - Jan 22 by Benny_the_Ball

Seriously, the club needs to improve the quality of the sound on these interviews. It's not the first time it's been crackly. It's like listening to AM/LW radio.

I thought the club had retained Steve McClaren and his brolly

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Warburton on Cov - "We Got Away With One" on 19:22 - Jan 22 with 2756 viewsdmm

I'd say that's a tad over critical by Warburton. Not at our best certainly but we're showing we can win matches in different ways. Today we ceded possession and territory but for most of the game provided an effective defence while taking our chances at the other end. Game won.
Warburton on Cov - "We Got Away With One" on 19:25 - Jan 22 with 2730 viewsNorthantsHoop

I thought we handled Coventry pretty well, never thought we would lose, once in front. We just had that bit of quality with our chances. The enforced break due to the steward injury I think after their goal probably helped us rather than them. Marshall and Field today both excellent.
Warburton on Cov - "We Got Away With One" on 19:35 - Jan 22 with 2632 viewsstainrods_elbow

I found Warburton's assessment surprisingly dour. Coventry had their moments, for sure, but we were wonderfully resilient, played a bit of football when we could, and, most importantly, scored two very well-executed goals - all without SJ and Chair. A much more satisfying performance for me than the win at Brum, against a better side if hardly in the great form he suggested after successive home defeats. He might be trying to keep the team's feet on the ground, I'm guessing, but I'd be impressing on them (and reminding the fans) that we could go second next week and should be aiming as high as we can.

Nick London could ask him why, while our away record is indeed outstanding, he thinks we've found goals at HQ harder to come by - only 17 is mediocre in terms of the GF table; we've actually managed 4 more on our travels and from a game fewer, I think. Dykes laboured again today, and I agree that, if we had a quick, skilled striker like Lawrence, we could have a real tilt at the top two.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Warburton on Cov - "We Got Away With One" on 20:15 - Jan 22 with 2464 viewsNorthantsHoop

Warburton on Cov - "We Got Away With One" on 19:35 - Jan 22 by stainrods_elbow

I found Warburton's assessment surprisingly dour. Coventry had their moments, for sure, but we were wonderfully resilient, played a bit of football when we could, and, most importantly, scored two very well-executed goals - all without SJ and Chair. A much more satisfying performance for me than the win at Brum, against a better side if hardly in the great form he suggested after successive home defeats. He might be trying to keep the team's feet on the ground, I'm guessing, but I'd be impressing on them (and reminding the fans) that we could go second next week and should be aiming as high as we can.

Nick London could ask him why, while our away record is indeed outstanding, he thinks we've found goals at HQ harder to come by - only 17 is mediocre in terms of the GF table; we've actually managed 4 more on our travels and from a game fewer, I think. Dykes laboured again today, and I agree that, if we had a quick, skilled striker like Lawrence, we could have a real tilt at the top two.

Just a point of view but I find we seem to play better on slightly bigger/wider pitch and think this is a key to our away success and suits how we are set up.
Loftus Road as we know is a tight small pitch and requires the ball to be moved quickly or you get closed off.
Login to get fewer ads

Warburton on Cov - "We Got Away With One" on 20:22 - Jan 22 with 2408 viewsHoopsie

It is saying something when fans disagree a manager negative review of his team, even when they won. Usually a manager is defensive after a poor performance.

Poll: Welcome to QPR Cifuentes! Are we happy?

Warburton on Cov - "We Got Away With One" on 23:55 - Jan 22 with 2116 viewskarlski

I think it was a fair assessment. Credit to the players for finding a way to win, and for defending stoutly, but there’s no question in my mind Coventry were the better side. If we’d played like that and come away with nothing we’d be very disappointed (bit like Bristol City at home).

I’m a tiny bit concerned to hear MW say (I’m paraphrasing) ‘tactics shmactics it’s all about intensity and duels and the players didn’t win them’ because I fear that might open a rift by blaming the players for a less than stellar performance when it looked like tactically we might have been better off with one more midfielder and one less striker (impossible to know for sure obviously, but it did seem we were outnumbered in midfield). But I always seem to think we’re better with only 1 striker, however we’ve had plenty of good wins with 2 up top. I didnt think the players lacked intensity in their defensive efforts.
Warburton on Cov - "We Got Away With One" on 00:17 - Jan 23 with 2033 viewsAntti_Heinola

Warburton on Cov - "We Got Away With One" on 19:35 - Jan 22 by stainrods_elbow

I reckon he knows what he's doing and how to handle this group. As ever, what he says to Nick or the press and what he says behind closed doors might be two totally different things.

Bare bones.

Warburton on Cov - "We Got Away With One" on 00:36 - Jan 23 with 1996 viewskensalriser

Warbs can give his post match interviews in morse code or in the style of Colonel Kurtz for all I care, as long as we keep winning.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Warburton on Cov - "We Got Away With One" on 00:41 - Jan 23 with 1991 viewsStainrod

Nick London a lot better at commentating than interviewing - Woodward and Bernstein he isn't, think Hello magazine probably ask tougher questions. Agree with the comment about being over-run in midfield and we were slow to address it.

That said am pleased Warbs isn't complacent and recognises it was a poor performance. Hopefully he will instil into the team we need to play better to beat Swansea.
Warburton on Cov - "We Got Away With One" on 15:49 - Jan 23 with 1474 viewsfrancisbowles

Warburton on Cov - "We Got Away With One" on 00:41 - Jan 23 by Stainrod

Nick London a lot better at commentating than interviewing - Woodward and Bernstein he isn't, think Hello magazine probably ask tougher questions. Agree with the comment about being over-run in midfield and we were slow to address it.

That said am pleased Warbs isn't complacent and recognises it was a poor performance. Hopefully he will instil into the team we need to play better to beat Swansea.

It's internal coms not Newsnight!
Warburton on Cov - "We Got Away With One" on 18:50 - Jan 23 with 1246 viewsBklynRanger

I think I agree with both of you.
Warburton on Cov - "We Got Away With One" on 21:21 - Jan 23 with 1122 viewsstainrods_elbow

Warburton on Cov - "We Got Away With One" on 23:55 - Jan 22 by karlski

I think it was a fair assessment. Credit to the players for finding a way to win, and for defending stoutly, but there’s no question in my mind Coventry were the better side. If we’d played like that and come away with nothing we’d be very disappointed (bit like Bristol City at home).

I’m a tiny bit concerned to hear MW say (I’m paraphrasing) ‘tactics shmactics it’s all about intensity and duels and the players didn’t win them’ because I fear that might open a rift by blaming the players for a less than stellar performance when it looked like tactically we might have been better off with one more midfielder and one less striker (impossible to know for sure obviously, but it did seem we were outnumbered in midfield). But I always seem to think we’re better with only 1 striker, however we’ve had plenty of good wins with 2 up top. I didnt think the players lacked intensity in their defensive efforts.

I tend to agree and might go further - Warburton arguably got it wrong tactically, leaving us overrun in midfield (I know it wasn't his fault SJ was missing) by persisting with his Dykes-Gray dream team up top, which never works and who play 'together' like strangers, so his over-critical attitude is conceivably a bit of a smokescreen.

As to the performances, I thought Dozzell was OK, but no more than OK. However, the fact that Marshall, Field, Barbet, Dickie, Uncle and WIllock all had really good 90 minute games, plus Thomas when he came on, gave us enough in the end, plus - whether Robins likes it or not - our defence/defensive mid was better than their attack as it turned out, and, crucially, we took our chances with two quality goals and could have scored at least a couple more ourselves. So, in that respect, I think we deserved the three points as the away side, but, whether we did or not, we got them - wahwahwahwahwahwah!

PS We dominated Brizzel far more than Cov did us, and still lost, so this result is strictly only a partial karmic return. Not to mention Bournemouth at their place, and copping it in the cup.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Warburton on Cov - "We Got Away With One" on 21:32 - Jan 23 with 1087 viewsCiderwithRsie

Warburton on Cov - "We Got Away With One" on 00:36 - Jan 23 by kensalriser

Warbs can give his post match interviews in morse code or in the style of Colonel Kurtz for all I care, as long as we keep winning.

I quite like the idea of him channeling Col Kurtz. We've got Milwall away coming up soon: "The horror, the horror..."
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024