Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... 21:13 - Feb 10 with 36809 viewsqpr_1968

i know its early but i'm off up to barnsley first thing tomorrow.
i'm trying to keep up my run of away league win predictions.

so 2-0 win dykes both.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:14 - Feb 12 with 2295 viewsPinnerPaul

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:09 - Feb 12 by wortonranger

Whilst Lyndon missed a decent chance, it was about the only good opening we had after they scored. Very much a southern softees effort after that was horribly predictable in the wind and rain wasn’t it?

Nope, because most our team aren't southerners.
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:14 - Feb 12 with 2295 viewsPaddyhoops

I can take losing to a decent side but Barnsley have proved week after week they're not.
Very disappointing but we go again next week.
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:15 - Feb 12 with 2268 viewsdistortR

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:12 - Feb 12 by PinnerPaul

Well some have given up, reality check, that's automatic gone etc.

This was pretty extreme - 4th v 24th - but teams DO beat teams below them all the time every week, so its clearly NOT just a Rangers thing, that's just ridiculous, every team in every league has lost this season - even Man City and Fulham.

Grounds for concern obviously - need to stop this winless run getting any longer.

Hopefully with Willock back, we'll revert to one up front, although does feel a bit counter intuitive when we haven't scored in the last 3 games.

Do get the disappointment, obviously, and feel the pain like everyone else, just seems that the frustration is always more vociferous than the praise and that will always grate with me.

Any old road up, as my Dad used to say, on to the next one.

Have a good evening, if you can, all.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2022 15:06]

absolutely.

Why does Warbs do this and why does he do that?
Because he works with the players all week, see's them in training, knows who's carrying knocks and who isn't. Because he has to see the run of games, not just the game.
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:15 - Feb 12 with 2264 viewsPinnerPaul

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:07 - Feb 12 by ted_hendrix

Don't think anybody Is giving up, we've had a superb season so far.
What is frustrating is the performance and the system we played.
We should maybe give some respect to Barnsley who have beaten us fair and square and that includes their manager.
Out manouvered and out played.

"We'll be lucky to make the play offs" - sounds a bit like giving up to me,
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:15 - Feb 12 with 2264 viewsactonman

Bad management and again taking the opposition lightly.
Amos , dropped for a loan player alongside jo jo ?
Why not start Albert and go at them from the off , have we taken nothing from the past couple of games against them ? They have caused us all sorts of problems by getting it up us !
Can we sometimes adjust the way we play depending on the opposition rather than sticking to the same plan as we are easier to play against when the opposition isn't as good
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:21 - Feb 12 with 2141 viewsPinnerPaul

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:15 - Feb 12 by actonman

Why not start Albert and go at them from the off , have we taken nothing from the past couple of games against them ? They have caused us all sorts of problems by getting it up us !
Can we sometimes adjust the way we play depending on the opposition rather than sticking to the same plan as we are easier to play against when the opposition isn't as good

I do agree with that last bit and wonder is it because we're actually happier attacking on the counter?

Said that last week, when we have to force the issue, we erm,,,,,,don't!
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:23 - Feb 12 with 2102 viewsted_hendrix

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:15 - Feb 12 by PinnerPaul

"We'll be lucky to make the play offs" - sounds a bit like giving up to me,

"We'll be lucky to make the play offs"

Wasn't me that said that.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:24 - Feb 12 with 2072 viewsessextaxiboy

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:14 - Feb 12 by Paddyhoops

I can take losing to a decent side but Barnsley have proved week after week they're not.
Very disappointing but we go again next week.

As I posted previously they are 11 pros in the 2nd tier with personal proffessional pride. They wont just roll over . They have to be beaten
Login to get fewer ads

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:25 - Feb 12 with 2056 viewsCLAREMAN1995

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:13 - Feb 12 by PinnerPaul

That's the sort of thing I mean - he hasn't played a full 90' yet - jeez!

Excellent post Paul, Hendricks is trying to fit into a new team, system and find his game all in 7 days there should be no finger pointed at him IMO.
Too many regular contributors just played like crap and like the bad old days we fell behind and crumbled .Even if Dykes pulled out a point it would not cover up our poor play this week ( boro not withstanding ).
Everybody is lashing out but JH is a quality player and was brought here to push us over the line so give the man a chance
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:25 - Feb 12 with 2048 viewsE17hoop

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:04 - Feb 12 by aston_hoop

I didn't get Austin for Gray at all, Gray was mostly a passenger as we were not getting the ball to him. Who on earth thought that would change by putting Austin in his place? Thought we were crying out for someone who could come deeper and carry the ball, I'd have been half tempted to bring Adomah on it an attacking position at that point. Or Amos, or Thomas

Gray was a passenger because he didn't want to put a shift in. Chair was up and down, across the pitch trying to find space and Gray stick next to his CB. He swapped CB with Dykes but didn't pull wide or drop to create space. It'd be unsurprising to see him getting the odd 4 in the player ratings.

Woeful.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: How has this season been?

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:27 - Feb 12 with 2016 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Just shows the club's lack of ambition. Sign a decent attacking player with some pace in the window and he's able to slot in today. But no - we sign a has-been.

Second place is gone. Wouldn't be surprised if we drop out of the play-off places now.
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:28 - Feb 12 with 1997 viewsessextaxiboy

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:04 - Feb 12 by aston_hoop

I didn't get Austin for Gray at all, Gray was mostly a passenger as we were not getting the ball to him. Who on earth thought that would change by putting Austin in his place? Thought we were crying out for someone who could come deeper and carry the ball, I'd have been half tempted to bring Adomah on it an attacking position at that point. Or Amos, or Thomas

Maybe the thinking was that if a half chance came Charlie was the one who would take it.

Over the hill he may be but IMO he would have buried the Dykes chance (and the one against Swansea )
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:33 - Feb 12 with 1923 viewsThe_Beast1976

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:27 - Feb 12 by Wegerles_Stairs

Just shows the club's lack of ambition. Sign a decent attacking player with some pace in the window and he's able to slot in today. But no - we sign a has-been.

Second place is gone. Wouldn't be surprised if we drop out of the play-off places now.

I would be very surprised if we didn't make the play-offs. Ove the course of the season so far, we have proven ourselves to be good enough for top 6. If we go on an amazing run we could sneak into 2nd spot, but finishing 3rd to 6th is far more realistic (and always has been - in fact it's above most of our early season expectations). We've just had a bad week (Peterborough, Middlesboro and Barnsley) I guess. Hopefully we'll bounce back against Millwall and Hull.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2022 17:34]
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:38 - Feb 12 with 1854 viewsessextaxiboy

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:27 - Feb 12 by Wegerles_Stairs

Its asking a lot to sign a striker permanently but one on loan would at least have given us more options .
We have two that are past their best and one that IMO is just not up to this level .
We rely on two talented midfielders and when they dont fire , neither do we
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:40 - Feb 12 with 1828 viewsPlanetHonneywood

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:33 - Feb 12 by The_Beast1976

I would be very surprised if we didn't make the play-offs. Ove the course of the season so far, we have proven ourselves to be good enough for top 6. If we go on an amazing run we could sneak into 2nd spot, but finishing 3rd to 6th is far more realistic (and always has been - in fact it's above most of our early season expectations). We've just had a bad week (Peterborough, Middlesboro and Barnsley) I guess. Hopefully we'll bounce back against Millwall and Hull.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2022 17:34]

The table is like Shakira’s hips: it doesn’t lie!

If we’re fourth, then we’re the fourth best team to this point in time. But given the concerns about CA, AG and LD, an attacking addition might be our downfall.

Anyway, onwards and upwards.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:40 - Feb 12 with 1823 viewsRuislipHoop

This may upset a few people on here but the one thing that has changed in the last couple of weeks is the re introduction of Chair.We played with a lot more freedom when he was away.Also put a few more crosses in,one thing that Chair seems incapable of doing.Sometimes I see the bad side of Taraabt in him.IMO.
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:56 - Feb 12 with 1680 viewsbillericaydicky

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:15 - Feb 12 by actonman

I hear you Acton and agree with much of that. However, when I listened to MW interview on Thursday he was adamant that we wouldn't take them lightly and how keen he is to put the Barnsley hoodoo to bed. So, did he not get that message across or did the players not listen? Talk is cheap.

I'm getting a little tired of MW with the same old comments about why we weren't 'on the front foot' and why we almost seem to have to go a goal or two down before we start playing.

A draw is all we have to show from 4 games v Barnsley and Posh which tells me a lot about our attitude. If we don't get a reaction on Tuesday night, then I will start worrying about our play off credentials.
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 18:01 - Feb 12 with 1625 viewsBklynRanger

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:40 - Feb 12 by RuislipHoop

This may upset a few people on here but the one thing that has changed in the last couple of weeks is the re introduction of Chair.We played with a lot more freedom when he was away.Also put a few more crosses in,one thing that Chair seems incapable of doing.Sometimes I see the bad side of Taraabt in him.IMO.

Didn't Chair put in the cross for Dykes at the end? I thought so but will stand corrected if not. He does hold on to it at times but if anything he's probably stopped us from looking more ordinary.

If I had to pick on one player, and I don't want to, it would be Stef. Most likely a lot going on behind the scenes that we're not aware of but he's just not on form recently.

Edit: Except for Reading where he ran around and harried like a greyhound. So how fickle am I?! Let's all calm down is what I'm taking from that moment of wine based clarity.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2022 18:05]
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 18:07 - Feb 12 with 1555 viewsEmpireStateRanger

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 18:01 - Feb 12 by BklynRanger

Didn't Chair put in the cross for Dykes at the end? I thought so but will stand corrected if not. He does hold on to it at times but if anything he's probably stopped us from looking more ordinary.

If I had to pick on one player, and I don't want to, it would be Stef. Most likely a lot going on behind the scenes that we're not aware of but he's just not on form recently.

Edit: Except for Reading where he ran around and harried like a greyhound. So how fickle am I?! Let's all calm down is what I'm taking from that moment of wine based clarity.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2022 18:05]

Pretty sure it was Barbet with the last-minute cross:
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 18:09 - Feb 12 with 1540 viewsBklynRanger

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 18:07 - Feb 12 by EmpireStateRanger

Pretty sure it was Barbet with the last-minute cross:

Was it? Fair enough.
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 18:11 - Feb 12 with 1521 viewshertshoops

Today appeared to be rangers of a few seasons back pre-Warburton - no real desire to outwork or out think the opposition

Barnsley took confidence from our lack of desire, worked harder and deservedly won

For me on Wednesday and today Grey was a passenger - Amos should be gutted to not be starting ahead of him or Austin

Bring on the Wall
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 18:19 - Feb 12 with 1468 viewsessextaxiboy

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 18:11 - Feb 12 by hertshoops

Today appeared to be rangers of a few seasons back pre-Warburton - no real desire to outwork or out think the opposition

Barnsley took confidence from our lack of desire, worked harder and deservedly won

For me on Wednesday and today Grey was a passenger - Amos should be gutted to not be starting ahead of him or Austin

Bring on the Wall

To be fair we dont know the reasons for his team selection. We may have players not 100% or capable of a full game .
For me he has enough credit in the bank to trust his choices
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 18:26 - Feb 12 with 1431 viewstraininvain

All too predictable. Starting Hendrick (who’s barely kicked a ball all season) ahead of Amos and two strikers again when it rarely works. Alarm bells were ringing before kick off.

Let’s hope Willock is back soon and Warburton, for all the good he’s done, really needs to quickly realise that we’re a much better team with an extra attacking midfielder instead of two strikers. Bit worrying that Warburton hasn’t already worked out the last part.

It’s going to be a real battle to stay in the playoff mix. Other teams breathing down our neck and WBA have shown that a few bad results can see you rapidly drop out the playoffs.

Oh well a nice easy away game at Millwall up next. Yelp.
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 18:27 - Feb 12 with 1427 viewsnix

Absolutely haven't given up. Absolutely behind the team. Think we've got lots of talent. Think the manager has worked miracles.

And still think he had a stinker today in tactics and team selection. And some of the team are definitely not at their best at the moment, Wallace and Barbet are usually so reliable, for instance, but weren't great today. But the formation and subs were the worst this season, IMO, and that really didn't help.

And I'm usually a happy clapper but I think he got it wrong today. It's true though that we can't win every game and there's plenty left to play for and I'm sure it'll better over the next few matches.
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 18:33 - Feb 12 with 1375 viewssteveo04

I think moving forward MW got a dilemma, if you look at the Reading game( ok they was rubbish ) the midfield 3 of stef, Field and Amos really worked , I say stef best game , Field protected and Amos pace and box to box . But to do that you got to drop either chair or willock . Teams are hitting our midfield it 3 on 2 Middlesbrough took advantage with great affect . So I think to get the 3 he has to drop a creative player or a centre back and go with 4 .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024