Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... 21:13 - Feb 10 with 36798 viewsqpr_1968

i know its early but i'm off up to barnsley first thing tomorrow.
i'm trying to keep up my run of away league win predictions.

so 2-0 win dykes both.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:00 - Feb 12 with 1966 viewskensalriser

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 16:54 - Feb 12 by BklynRanger

Well this sort of performance and result says not automatically that's for sure. If we can get a grip we can certainly consolidate a playoff position but there is cause for concern today, even against a bogey team it has been poor. Selection and performance wise I'd say.

Playoffs, probably, but we just don't have it. I blame myself for starting to believe something I would have derided in August.

Despite Clive's effusive midweek match report I saw a lot I didn't like in that game and it clearly wasn't just Boro playing well.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:01 - Feb 12 with 1968 viewsPinnerPaul

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 16:57 - Feb 12 by Toast_R

Reality check ✔️

Well the reality is we're 4th.
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:01 - Feb 12 with 1956 viewsQPR_Pro_Max

Hendrick and Odubajo strarted, 2 strikers upfront = formation of loss
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:02 - Feb 12 with 1908 viewsessextaxiboy

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 16:57 - Feb 12 by QPunkR

The fk did Dykes manage to miss that??

...because he aint got it .

If we dont go up our failure to get a striker in on loan in Jan will be a big part of it ...IMO
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:03 - Feb 12 with 1842 viewsTHEBUSH

We were awful, how we can play so bad, I"ve no idea ?
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:04 - Feb 12 with 1790 viewsaston_hoop

I didn't get Austin for Gray at all, Gray was mostly a passenger as we were not getting the ball to him. Who on earth thought that would change by putting Austin in his place? Thought we were crying out for someone who could come deeper and carry the ball, I'd have been half tempted to bring Adomah on it an attacking position at that point. Or Amos, or Thomas

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:04 - Feb 12 with 1777 viewsThe_Beast1976

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 16:59 - Feb 12 by PinnerPaul

So we're 4th, 6pts from 2nd and 5 from 7th, we've had better days, but no need to give up just yet!

Don't think anyone is giving up, more just wondering why it's always us that does this kind of thing (and why the Premiershite loanee is getting selected ahead of Amos, who was playing well. These sort of loans often disrupt a team. Hendrick should merely be 'back up' in case of injuries, no more than that (and certainly not playing ahead of OUR player Amos)
[Post edited 12 Feb 2022 17:05]
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:05 - Feb 12 with 1749 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Miserable 7 days hope this is the kick in the ass we need .Top teams find a way late to pull a goal and get something out of nothing we almost did that .Its not all doom and gloom.
Lets enjoy the Super Bowl and start fresh Monday
Login to get fewer ads

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:06 - Feb 12 with 1718 viewsStainrod

We got what we deserved and if Barnsley had been even half way competent they could have won by more.

Predictable passes along the backline, midfield content to play it back to the defence even with a few mins to go, Field dreadful, Wallace playing like a 90-year-old, anonymous up front (tho in fairness terrible service), really hard to think of any positives. Maybe Odubajo looking good in patches. Two up front doesn't work for us - our midfield isn't good enough, it needs more support. Thought that game was made for Amos who likes to run forward with the ball.
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:07 - Feb 12 with 1677 viewsQPR_Pro_Max

We played 3 games with Hendrick and without a win
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:07 - Feb 12 with 1645 viewsted_hendrix

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 16:59 - Feb 12 by PinnerPaul

So we're 4th, 6pts from 2nd and 5 from 7th, we've had better days, but no need to give up just yet!

Don't think anybody Is giving up, we've had a superb season so far.
What is frustrating is the performance and the system we played.
We should maybe give some respect to Barnsley who have beaten us fair and square and that includes their manager.
Out manouvered and out played.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:07 - Feb 12 with 1619 viewsBklynRanger

The only positive to take from that is it's still light outside. That's literally it.
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:08 - Feb 12 with 1592 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

It’s what we do.
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:08 - Feb 12 with 1577 viewsandrew1302

Definitely the worst performance of the season capped by a total howler at the end by Dykes. Teams are stepping up and we are stepping back. Dreadful against Pboro, lucky against Mboro and simply without description today today. Maybe it has all gone to their heads. Barnsley had the worst record in the entire football league and to be fair played us off the park. We must of made 250 passes backwards. No flair, no speed frankly didn't look like a lot of desire. Couple of people had complete shockers . Odebayo, Wallace, Gray were really poor and Field and Dykes were no better. Somebody needs to read a bit of a riot act .
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:09 - Feb 12 with 1556 viewswortonranger

Whilst Lyndon missed a decent chance, it was about the only good opening we had after they scored. Very much a southern softees effort after that was horribly predictable in the wind and rain wasn’t it?
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:09 - Feb 12 with 1554 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Be lucky to make play offs playing like that

Without Willock we are mediocre

Forest, Boro and Sheff Utd all buzzing
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:10 - Feb 12 with 1512 viewssuperhoopdownunder

He’s not very good
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:10 - Feb 12 with 1503 viewsBoston

It isn’t easy, following the Rangers.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:11 - Feb 12 with 1482 viewsQPunkR

Suggested match report title: QPR doing QPR things

QPR - "shit but local"

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:11 - Feb 12 with 1466 viewsGreenbay

FT REPORT
Barnsley 1 QPR 0
This Championship defeat — our first away since October — was always coming.
Our run of four successive away victories in the league has ended.
Let’s be honest — apart from hammering Reading last month — we have not clicked in our recent performances — that’s despite picking up points because our close-knit team has been punching above its weight.
Yes we missed the creative flair of injured Willock but our attack against Barnsley was to say at best - sporadic.
There was a lack of fluidity and smoothness which we showed during our brilliant 2021.
But like a key ingredient in a cake - something pivotal is missing.
Some examples - poor passing, players off the ball not moving into useful positions and our usual lack of speed up front.
And for some odd reason Warbs (and I do respect him enormously for what he has done) wanting two in attack — our weakest area — instead of playing an extra midfield player (Amos for example as many have said on this thread).
And all this was against — let’s be frank — a bottom of the table side — a team that was very poor.
Of course the opposition tried — after so many defeats. This was only their third Championship victory. They are professionals getting a good wage. But we made them look so much better than they really are.
And it was all summed up in the last minute — a clear headed chance for Dykes — and he missed the ball completely.
For all those 1700 Rangers fans that travelled and spent so much money and their time — I have total empathy. It’s not what they deserved.
Barnsley are definitely our bogey team. Warbs - since he became manager - has played them six times and we haven’t won any.
It’s the first time in almost a year that we haven’t scored in the Championship away from home.
So where are we now?
Somehow we remain fourth and still in a good position.
We’re 6 points behind second placed Bournemouth who snatched two late goals to win at Blackpool, one point behind third placed Blackburn with a game in hand and five points clear of 7th placed Nottingham Forest with Middlesbrough closing rapidly in 6th — 3 points behind us.
Next match at Millwall on Tuesday night.
We have to improve, we must improve, otherwise all our hopes could just drift away.
Disappointed — absolutely.
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:11 - Feb 12 with 1464 viewssexton

It's hard to understand why Gray got the nod after his cameo on Wednesday. And what's Amos done wrong?
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:12 - Feb 12 with 1453 viewssuperhoopdownunder

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:07 - Feb 12 by QPR_Pro_Max

Yes he’s not much good

Moses is poor too
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:12 - Feb 12 with 1439 viewsPinnerPaul

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:04 - Feb 12 by The_Beast1976

Don't think anyone is giving up, more just wondering why it's always us that does this kind of thing (and why the Premiershite loanee is getting selected ahead of Amos, who was playing well. These sort of loans often disrupt a team. Hendrick should merely be 'back up' in case of injuries, no more than that (and certainly not playing ahead of OUR player Amos)
[Post edited 12 Feb 2022 17:05]

Well some have given up, reality check, that's automatic gone etc.

This was pretty extreme - 4th v 24th - but teams DO beat teams below them all the time every week, so its clearly NOT just a Rangers thing, that's just ridiculous, every team in every league has lost this season - even Man City and Fulham.

Grounds for concern obviously - need to stop this winless run getting any longer.

Hopefully with Willock back, we'll revert to one up front, although does feel a bit counter intuitive when we haven't scored in the last 3 games.

Do get the disappointment, obviously, and feel the pain like everyone else, just seems that the frustration is always more vociferous than the praise and that will always grate with me.

Any old road up, as my Dad used to say, on to the next one.

Have a good evening, if you can, all.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2022 15:06]
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:12 - Feb 12 with 1437 viewsShotKneesHoop

Like Swansea on a bad day

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:13 - Feb 12 with 1410 viewsPinnerPaul

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:07 - Feb 12 by QPR_Pro_Max

That's the sort of thing I mean - he hasn't played a full 90' yet - jeez!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024