Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... 21:13 - Feb 10 with 36570 viewsqpr_1968

i know its early but i'm off up to barnsley first thing tomorrow.
i'm trying to keep up my run of away league win predictions.

so 2-0 win dykes both.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 18:34 - Feb 12 with 2698 viewsjoe90

Not the result we wanted, but IMO a loss was on the cards.

Thing that makes it frustrating is that we know how well we can play, but also know our limitations.
It’s not a season defining result. Still all to play for, keep the faith!
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 18:38 - Feb 12 with 2654 viewsRuislipHoop

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 18:01 - Feb 12 by BklynRanger

Didn't Chair put in the cross for Dykes at the end? I thought so but will stand corrected if not. He does hold on to it at times but if anything he's probably stopped us from looking more ordinary.

If I had to pick on one player, and I don't want to, it would be Stef. Most likely a lot going on behind the scenes that we're not aware of but he's just not on form recently.

Edit: Except for Reading where he ran around and harried like a greyhound. So how fickle am I?! Let's all calm down is what I'm taking from that moment of wine based clarity.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2022 18:05]

👍
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 18:55 - Feb 12 with 2563 viewsessextaxiboy

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 18:33 - Feb 12 by steveo04

I think moving forward MW got a dilemma, if you look at the Reading game( ok they was rubbish ) the midfield 3 of stef, Field and Amos really worked , I say stef best game , Field protected and Amos pace and box to box . But to do that you got to drop either chair or willock . Teams are hitting our midfield it 3 on 2 Middlesbrough took advantage with great affect . So I think to get the 3 he has to drop a creative player or a centre back and go with 4 .

or play with Willock as a false 9..
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 18:58 - Feb 12 with 2544 viewstraininvain

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 18:33 - Feb 12 by steveo04

I think moving forward MW got a dilemma, if you look at the Reading game( ok they was rubbish ) the midfield 3 of stef, Field and Amos really worked , I say stef best game , Field protected and Amos pace and box to box . But to do that you got to drop either chair or willock . Teams are hitting our midfield it 3 on 2 Middlesbrough took advantage with great affect . So I think to get the 3 he has to drop a creative player or a centre back and go with 4 .

Personally I’d start Willock and Chair with one upfront in most games but against the top team in the league I’d be minded to replace Chair with Amos to have a better chance of winning the midfield battle.
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 19:16 - Feb 12 with 2454 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 18:19 - Feb 12 by essextaxiboy

To be fair we dont know the reasons for his team selection. We may have players not 100% or capable of a full game .
For me he has enough credit in the bank to trust his choices

Good post. I think part of the problem is that they're vague about who's fit who's not. There's good reason for it but I think it leads to frustration amongst the fans. Not much anyone can do about it.

I think our last two performances just goes to show that we shouldn't take too much from the Reading game.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 19:23 - Feb 12 with 2413 viewsStreathamRanger

Seems I picked a good day to go to the pub for a couple of pints with only a quick glance at the scores. I've seen Clive on twitter is not happy and he's usually fairly level headed so it seems the performance was unacceptable. We've usually bounced back pretty well and they'll certainly need to do that against Millwall on Tuesday. At least they've got another opportunity quite quickly to put things right.

Overall I'm still happy with fourth, we weren't going to go unbeaten forever.
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 19:46 - Feb 12 with 2337 viewsBoston

What was Mykes take on Dykes at the Tykes?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 20:10 - Feb 12 with 2266 viewsNortholt_Rs

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:38 - Feb 12 by essextaxiboy

Its asking a lot to sign a striker permanently but one on loan would at least have given us more options .
We have two that are past their best and one that IMO is just not up to this level .
We rely on two talented midfielders and when they dont fire , neither do we

Spot on. What a s h i t day to round off a s h i t week.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Login to get fewer ads

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 20:24 - Feb 12 with 2201 viewsCamberleyR

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 20:10 - Feb 12 by Northolt_Rs

Spot on. What a s h i t day to round off a s h i t week.

And to put the tin hat on it, the filth have just won the World Club Cup so now they truly have won everything

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 20:41 - Feb 12 with 2138 viewsBklynRanger

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 20:24 - Feb 12 by CamberleyR

And to put the tin hat on it, the filth have just won the World Club Cup so now they truly have won everything

Tin pot nonsense competition really. Fcuk em.
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 20:45 - Feb 12 with 2125 viewsted_hendrix

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 20:24 - Feb 12 by CamberleyR

WTF hell is the Club World Cup??

He asked not actually giving a f uck.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 21:12 - Feb 12 with 2041 viewsMyke

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 19:46 - Feb 12 by Boston

What was Mykes take on Dykes at the Tykes?

Like them all he was a bit shyke today
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 21:56 - Feb 12 with 1957 viewsDorse

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 20:45 - Feb 12 by ted_hendrix

WTF hell is the Club World Cup??

He asked not actually giving a f uck.

It's like an award for being the most insufferable shower of bastards in football. Basically, the four most hated clubs in their own regions are given tickets to play somewhere no fcuker will have to watch them, to win the title 'Fcukingest Twa ts On Earth'.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 22:16 - Feb 12 with 1920 viewswombat

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 21:56 - Feb 12 by Dorse

It's like an award for being the most insufferable shower of bastards in football. Basically, the four most hated clubs in their own regions are given tickets to play somewhere no fcuker will have to watch them, to win the title 'Fcukingest Twa ts On Earth'.

Was talking about likely formations etc on the way up today think we all called grey playing and we all predicted the final score, sorry but today a lot of the blame goes with our manager barnsley first. half we’re poor , not much confidence and a slightly more attacking line up might have produced something having two up front and Hendricks and field sitting deep wasn’t going to ever achieve that , game was crying out for Amos in the middle supporting chair and giving us something going forward , we had nothing no outlet nothing . The constant changing of who plays up front each week is unsettling and injuries allowing we should keep to dykes up front with anyone from chair willock Amos in support , High press works well for us today was terrible , I’m guessing with the striker rotation it wilbe Charlie up front with willock if fit and chair behind him but even with the amount of games we are playing we need to keep it more settled formation wise , first time in ages I’ve come home thinking that was bloody awful with no positives to come from it at all

Poll: which is your favouite foot

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 22:22 - Feb 12 with 1907 viewsBoston

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 21:12 - Feb 12 by Myke

Like them all he was a bit shyke today

On yer trike.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 22:33 - Feb 12 with 1885 viewsted_hendrix

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 22:16 - Feb 12 by wombat

Was talking about likely formations etc on the way up today think we all called grey playing and we all predicted the final score, sorry but today a lot of the blame goes with our manager barnsley first. half we’re poor , not much confidence and a slightly more attacking line up might have produced something having two up front and Hendricks and field sitting deep wasn’t going to ever achieve that , game was crying out for Amos in the middle supporting chair and giving us something going forward , we had nothing no outlet nothing . The constant changing of who plays up front each week is unsettling and injuries allowing we should keep to dykes up front with anyone from chair willock Amos in support , High press works well for us today was terrible , I’m guessing with the striker rotation it wilbe Charlie up front with willock if fit and chair behind him but even with the amount of games we are playing we need to keep it more settled formation wise , first time in ages I’ve come home thinking that was bloody awful with no positives to come from it at all

Thanks Will, (not normally like you to be so critical).

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 19:00 - Feb 13 with 1609 viewsR_from_afar

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 22:22 - Feb 12 by Boston

On yer trike.

Yikes, a lack of Dykes strikes meant we lost to the Tykes. Console yourselves with some shrikes

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 21:54 - Feb 13 with 1474 viewswombat

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 22:33 - Feb 12 by ted_hendrix

Thanks Will, (not normally like you to be so critical).

Just trying to be as honest as possible Ted, not missed a game so far this season and we all know we are punching above our rightful place , love warburton and what he’s done with the squad and how he’s got us playing but he does have his faults , to much rotation is one and setting us up not to concede is his other esp again the so called weaker sides Barnsley are a poor side but we didn’t at any stage get at them , to deep in midfield with dykes basically on his own up front , service wa awful barbet being pretty awful by his standards , I’m not jumping on any bandwagon but with the squad we have esp the strength in midfield we have we should have done way more yesterday .

Poll: which is your favouite foot

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 22:21 - Feb 13 with 1428 viewsdistortR

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 19:00 - Feb 13 by R_from_afar

Yikes, a lack of Dykes strikes meant we lost to the Tykes. Console yourselves with some shrikes

Yikes!
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 10:21 - Feb 14 with 1299 viewsQPROslo

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 18:01 - Feb 12 by BklynRanger

Didn't Chair put in the cross for Dykes at the end? I thought so but will stand corrected if not. He does hold on to it at times but if anything he's probably stopped us from looking more ordinary.

If I had to pick on one player, and I don't want to, it would be Stef. Most likely a lot going on behind the scenes that we're not aware of but he's just not on form recently.

Edit: Except for Reading where he ran around and harried like a greyhound. So how fickle am I?! Let's all calm down is what I'm taking from that moment of wine based clarity.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2022 18:05]

Barbet put in the cross for Dykes at the end, after good work down the right by Moses and Albert, the
cross was recycled to Barbet by Chair I think.
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 15:08 - Feb 14 with 1189 viewsPinnerPaul

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 17:23 - Feb 12 by ted_hendrix

"We'll be lucky to make the play offs"

Wasn't me that said that.

I know - but you did say I don't think anybody is giving up, maybe giving up might be a bit strong, but quite a few heading for the lifeboats a tad early I think!
TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 15:49 - Feb 14 with 1144 viewskensalriser

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 19:00 - Feb 13 by R_from_afar

Are they fast on the wing?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 18:23 - Feb 14 with 1064 viewsR_from_afar

TYKES V DYKES match thread.... on 15:49 - Feb 14 by kensalriser

Are they fast on the wing?

Probably! They take live prey and have a particularly gruesome way of dealing with it, see below for how the British Trust for Ornithology describes them. Sadly, none are native to the UK any more.

The alternative name of 'butcher-birds' is an appropriate one for this small family of birds. The shrikes are a group of robust, starling-sized birds, with stout, hooked bills, and strong feet. They are all predatory, taking a range of large insects and small birds, mammals and lizards. Several species will impale their prey on on large thorns either to hold the prey while they dismember it, or to store it for later consumption.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024