Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Iceland 10:09 - Feb 17 with 3593 viewsPhildo

Just back after 5 days there to celebrate a significant birthday for Mrs Phildo. Also means I was away for the gloom of two defeats. But blimey what a place. Saw the Northern lights and a load of other incredible sights. Strong recommend.
Iceland on 10:12 - Feb 17 with 3568 viewsslmrstid

We went in 2018 for eight days and absolutely loved the place. Had a car for five days to drive around ourselves, before three days in Reyjkavik.

We went in April and sadly never saw the Northern Lights, although did have the weirdness of sunrise at 3am in the morning.

Would love to go back and travel the whole country. I did intend to take my wife there for her 30th in 2020 but those plans got scuppered as soon as that Covid thing hit...

Thingvellir was the most amazing place on this planet I have ever seen. Absolutely fell in love with it.
Iceland on 11:12 - Feb 17 with 3452 viewsBoston

Mrs Boston went to Costco on her significant birthday.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Iceland on 11:27 - Feb 17 with 3403 viewsbosh67

Iceland on 11:12 - Feb 17 by Boston

Mrs Boston went to Costco on her significant birthday.

I took my girlfriend to Iceland for her 60th birthday. We bought peas, carrots and a jar of coffee.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Iceland on 11:40 - Feb 17 with 3367 viewsgobbles

Wonderful place. Needed a good chiropractor after a week of driving there, though.
Iceland on 13:11 - Feb 17 with 3223 viewsBklynRanger

Spent two weeks there in August 2020 - worked from Reykjavik for the first week - not a big town but really liked the atmosphere of the place.

Rented a camper van for the second week and did the whole ring road - stunning scenery and really well set up for that kind of thing. We had fantastic weather which broke the night before we were leaving.

We're intending to go back and focus a bit more of certain areas - would love to explore the interior.
Iceland on 13:24 - Feb 17 with 3188 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Very high on my list of places I'd like to visit.

Particularly The Laugavegur.

https://57hours.com/hiking-laugavegur-trail-iceland/?gclid=CjwKCAiAgbiQBhAHEiwAu

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Iceland on 13:37 - Feb 17 with 3132 viewsR_from_afar

I'd love to see the Northern Lights, that must be quite something.

Mind you, the night sky in the Galloway Dark Sky park in south west Scotland was utterly breathtaking, so many more stars to see than normal. We can clearly see Orion in the Berkshire night sky where we live, but in that park, there were so many other stars that it was hard to make it out. There were loads of stars really close to the horizon as well as overhead. You could make out the Milky Way too. An amazing experience and that was just stargazing with the naked eye.

https://forestryandland.gov.scot/visit/forest-parks/galloway-forest-park/dark-sk

Oh, and while I'm here...

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Iceland on 14:59 - Feb 17 with 3026 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Was due to go for my lads 21st present early Jan but have had to park it until November. Very excited about going. My mate is a photographer and is currently there on a trip where he takes other photographers. Check out his website for some stunning photos. This is Iceland section

https://www.leefrost.co.uk/portfolio/show/category/iceland
Login to get fewer ads

Iceland on 15:29 - Feb 17 with 2975 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Anyone stayed at Heider Helguson's BnB?
Iceland on 16:25 - Feb 17 with 2871 viewsBklynRanger

Iceland on 14:59 - Feb 17 by CroydonCaptJack

Was due to go for my lads 21st present early Jan but have had to park it until November. Very excited about going. My mate is a photographer and is currently there on a trip where he takes other photographers. Check out his website for some stunning photos. This is Iceland section

https://www.leefrost.co.uk/portfolio/show/category/iceland

Some lovely stuff there - respect that bio too about having mountains of unprocessed stuff piling up. The difference being I was in a lot of those same locations photographing but not quite to that level...
Iceland on 16:39 - Feb 17 with 2850 viewsPlanetHonneywood

When we drew Bjork's lot in the UEFA Cup back in '84, the lads I sat with and I entertained the idea of going for the away leg.

I went to a travel agent in Ealing and the woman behind the counter shook her head and asked: what's going on in Reykjavik, we've had loads of guys in inquiring about going midweek?

Cheapest option quoted was: train to Aberdeen, then a two-day boat trip as I recall. Upon arriving, it unloads, turns around in the harbour, reloads and sets off all in a day. We'd have seen the first half, but would have had to hot-foot it down to board and miss the second half or, wait a week.

Nahh, gave it a miss on the basis we'd get a peach of a tie in the next round.

What could go wrong?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Iceland on 17:21 - Feb 17 with 2789 viewsqpr_1968

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Iceland on 09:00 - Feb 18 with 2508 viewsRangersDave

Iceland on 17:21 - Feb 17 by qpr_1968

Was there the other week for a great time.

Visited 'death beach' if only to see what it was all about.
Christ, its deffo a killer.... the water every few waves comes so far up the beach then makes the black sand liquid (liquifaction) and takes you.

If you dont keep one eye on the surf you stand a fair chance of getting into trouble...... bearing in mind 'trouble' you cannot get out of....no life guards, 10 mins for a helicopter, no life rings, nothing....... a few years back i was there too, and a german family of 4 went out that morning and came back to my hotel in the evening as a 3! The mother was taken.

Signs saying the place is dangerous are ignored, the kids want their selfies etc.

Hell of a place.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Iceland on 09:35 - Feb 18 with 2458 viewswombat

Iceland on 16:39 - Feb 17 by PlanetHonneywood

When we drew Bjork's lot in the UEFA Cup back in '84, the lads I sat with and I entertained the idea of going for the away leg.

I went to a travel agent in Ealing and the woman behind the counter shook her head and asked: what's going on in Reykjavik, we've had loads of guys in inquiring about going midweek?

Cheapest option quoted was: train to Aberdeen, then a two-day boat trip as I recall. Upon arriving, it unloads, turns around in the harbour, reloads and sets off all in a day. We'd have seen the first half, but would have had to hot-foot it down to board and miss the second half or, wait a week.

Nahh, gave it a miss on the basis we'd get a peach of a tie in the next round.

What could go wrong?

went in 84 didnt see anything apart from the ground and a dodgy club after the game , oh and drank some balck death in said club , was due to go back 18 months ago and really see the place covid screwed that idea up , maybe next year

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Iceland on 10:13 - Feb 18 with 2386 viewsstevec

Wonderful place to visit, if you haven’t been then try and go.

Wrap up warm, they have proper winds over there.
Iceland on 10:52 - Feb 18 with 2331 viewsrrrspricey

Beautiful country, fúcking expensive, but beautiful
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024