Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ali retires and promises to return to Rangers. 19:07 - Feb 20 with 3184 viewsKodika

In my opinion (apart from Gerry Francis before his injury) the best midfielder I have seen play at Rangers. After the legends Stan Bowles and Rodney Marsh, I can’t think of any former player who was more popular and loved than Ali. What a player and a great human being.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/alejandro-faurlin-sends-message-to-qpr-
Ali retires and promises to return to Rangers. on 19:21 - Feb 20 with 3090 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Well I don't think the most ardent critics of ForeverR's will complain about him being added to that list.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2022 19:21]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Ali retires and promises to return to Rangers. on 20:04 - Feb 20 with 2945 viewsWokingR

Ali retires and promises to return to Rangers. on 19:21 - Feb 20 by CliveWilsonSaid

Well I don't think the most ardent critics of ForeverR's will complain about him being added to that list.

Someone will
Ali retires and promises to return to Rangers. on 20:06 - Feb 20 with 2933 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Ali retires and promises to return to Rangers. on 20:04 - Feb 20 by WokingR

Someone will

Not enough ACL's or something

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Ali retires and promises to return to Rangers. on 20:08 - Feb 20 with 2894 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Ali retires and promises to return to Rangers. on 19:21 - Feb 20 by CliveWilsonSaid

I certainly won't.
Ali retires and promises to return to Rangers. on 20:10 - Feb 20 with 2902 viewsNorthernr

If you're in the mood, our deep dive with Ale is here, or you can listen on the Patreon for a couple of quid...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/52269/the-ale-faur

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/52270/the-ale-faur
Ali retires and promises to return to Rangers. on 23:01 - Feb 20 with 2560 viewsQPRSteve

Wonder if he wants a coaching role?

BTW, that article is riddled with mistakes.
Ali retires and promises to return to Rangers. on 23:02 - Feb 20 with 2557 viewsLoftgirl

I thought Ali died years ago.
Ali retires and promises to return to Rangers. on 23:39 - Feb 20 with 2493 viewsAntti_Heinola

One of my all time faves. Don't think I've ever been as upset as that third ACL. Heartbreaking. Also hit the post about 20 times for us. Never known anyone hit the post more.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Ali retires and promises to return to Rangers. on 05:33 - Feb 21 with 2346 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Ali retires and promises to return to Rangers. on 23:39 - Feb 20 by Antti_Heinola

One of my all time faves. Don't think I've ever been as upset as that third ACL. Heartbreaking. Also hit the post about 20 times for us. Never known anyone hit the post more.

Stephen Caulker.

Oh no hang on, that was the bar not the post.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Ali retires and promises to return to Rangers. on 08:52 - Feb 21 with 2207 viewsslmrstid

Absolutely loved Ale Faurlin, a wonderful, wonderful player.

But that article, as pointed out already, is appallingly written and researched. You'd be able to glean something more accurate from his Wikipedia profile.
Ali retires and promises to return to Rangers. on 09:35 - Feb 21 with 2145 viewsnadera78

One of my all-time favourites. Absolutely loved the way he played the game: two-touch football, always moving into space to give others an option, receiving the ball on the turn, looking for a positive pass, looking for a goal. And an aggressive tackler with it, determined to win the ball and the game. During lockdown I put together my best QPR XI and he was in it. Loved the guy. Everything you'd want in a midfielder.
Ali retires and promises to return to Rangers. on 10:36 - Feb 21 with 2079 viewsHastings_Hoops

Not sure I agree with the original post… Ray Wilkins?
Ali retires and promises to return to Rangers. on 11:23 - Feb 21 with 2027 viewsQPR_Jim

Ali retires and promises to return to Rangers. on 09:35 - Feb 21 by nadera78

One of my all-time favourites. Absolutely loved the way he played the game: two-touch football, always moving into space to give others an option, receiving the ball on the turn, looking for a positive pass, looking for a goal. And an aggressive tackler with it, determined to win the ball and the game. During lockdown I put together my best QPR XI and he was in it. Loved the guy. Everything you'd want in a midfielder.

Fully agree, it was his hard tackling and winning headers which were strange for such a skillful player but made him the complete package. Good personality to have around the place too.
Ali retires and promises to return to Rangers. on 11:31 - Feb 21 with 2008 viewsdannyblue

I also love Ale. He just langorously caressed the ball around, always knew the couple steps to take to make the angle to receive a pass, and his ability to be in the right place to win tackles and headers was supernatural. His number of assist assists (ie the pass before the assist) must have been huge - he got the ball up the pitch.
Ali retires and promises to return to Rangers. on 12:43 - Feb 21 with 1863 viewslightwaterhoop

If the OP loved Ale so much can he at least get his first name correct!
[Post edited 21 Feb 2022 12:50]
Ali retires and promises to return to Rangers. on 12:45 - Feb 21 with 1857 viewswestberksr

fantastic player and a real football tragedy that he didn't really get to grace the premiership due to the knee injuries.

One of the few players you could say had everything; from skill, aggression, personality, vision and attitude. Always loved watching him and never wanted a player to come back from injury and succeed as much as him since Gallen did his knee.
Ali retires and promises to return to Rangers. on 12:59 - Feb 21 with 1807 viewsterryb

I won't be going downstairs at half time when Ale is back in town!

He's not the best player I've seen at Rangers since my first game in 1967, but he is my favourite player in that time!

Enjoy your retirement Ale & I look forward to welcoming you back to The Bush.
Ali retires and promises to return to Rangers. on 13:04 - Feb 21 with 1795 viewskensalriser

Glass knees, no pace, didn't score enough goals.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Ali retires and promises to return to Rangers. on 13:22 - Feb 21 with 1735 viewsngbqpr

That first time pass by Kane for Spurs' first goal at City on Sat - I remember seeing Ale do that in one of his first games, away at Chelsea in the League Cup, and thinking 'hang on a minute...'

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Ali retires and promises to return to Rangers. on 13:32 - Feb 21 with 1714 viewsW7Ranger

Signed from Palermo...

for £3.5M...

by Neil wrnock!

Christ who puts these articles together?!
Ali retires and promises to return to Rangers. on 13:38 - Feb 21 with 1695 viewsbosh67

An amazing player for us. Probably the most elegant midfielder we've had in recent times, apart from Buzsáky. A wand of a left foot and always linked play so beautifully. Unbelievable resolve to beat 2 x career threatening injuries and arguably his best season was his last for us. A modern day legend for sure.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024