Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just leaving 05:03 - Feb 26 with 2644 viewsstowmarketrange

Instead of the normal just back posts,I thought I’d do a just leaving one instead.One more quick cuppa while I’m waiting for the car to defrost,and then a 20 min drive to the station for the 06.12 train to Peterborough and the connection to Leeds and then Blackburn.If all goes well I’ll be there by about 11.20.
Who knows whether it’ll be worth the 10 hour return train journey,but that’s the joy of being a football fan.
The only thing left to say is Come on you R’sssssssssss.
Just leaving on 05:21 - Feb 26 with 2619 viewsozranger

Hope the trip is not bad. On the 7:30 out of Euston and so a 6:26 from here to get there and then to Preston before making the way to Mill Hill or Blackburn. What a ridiculous time to play.
Just leaving on 05:48 - Feb 26 with 2598 viewsNorthernr

Fck Sky man, this is brutal.
Just leaving on 06:29 - Feb 26 with 2536 viewsAddinall

Well done all of you.
Just leaving on 07:06 - Feb 26 with 2477 viewseastside_r

Yeah. Massive respect to all our travelling support today.

I woke up 1/2 hour ago and consider this not sleeping properly but 5am jeez. I still consider that yesterday.
Just leaving on 07:14 - Feb 26 with 2450 viewsdmm

Godspeed you guys. Huge respect.
Just leaving on 08:07 - Feb 26 with 2305 viewsextratimeR

Well done lads, massive effort.
Just leaving on 08:08 - Feb 26 with 2303 viewsHarbour

Yes good luck to all travelling Rs hope you have a good safe and successful day and b@ll#cys to Sky.
Just leaving on 08:28 - Feb 26 with 2254 viewsnix

I hope all of you travelling have a fantastic day. Really appreciate all of your support. It makes such a difference to our enjoyment of the game as the singing is magnificent on the stream.
Login to get fewer ads

Just leaving on 08:40 - Feb 26 with 2218 viewslondonscottish

Well done to everyone making the effort.

I'm only just out of bed myself.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Just leaving on 09:46 - Feb 26 with 2071 viewsDorse

Fair play to you. I'm only a hour away and I'm having to (fcuking) stay in to (fcuking) tile the (fcuking) kitchen.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Just leaving on 09:57 - Feb 26 with 2043 viewsLongsufferingR

What a great idea. All the excitement of the day ahead without the post mortems and letdowns of the actual match.
Just leaving on 09:58 - Feb 26 with 2042 viewsPinnerPaul

Well done to all.

I'm following the 1st half on the BBC then off to referee at my favourite private school, before returning to hopefully wallow in our glorious victory on here!
Just leaving on 10:20 - Feb 26 with 1980 viewsterryb

Safe journey Stowmarket & a big thank you for representing all of us Suffolk R's.

Hopefully, every one of our magnificent travalling fans will have a great day!
Just leaving on 10:31 - Feb 26 with 1953 viewsflynnbo

Great effort, Stow. and the other fellow hoops Hoping the lads do it for us and for you guys!! COYRs!
[Post edited 26 Feb 2022 11:54]
Just leaving on 10:46 - Feb 26 with 1903 viewsBoston

Just woke up..,need to go to the Jim..

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Just leaving on 11:53 - Feb 26 with 1765 viewsdenhamhoop2

Thought I was the earliest leaving home at 5 40 for the train into London but am a mere amateur in comparison journey was actually quite easy via Train to Manchester and Replacement Bus to Bolton and Number 1 here
Just leaving on 11:54 - Feb 26 with 1764 viewsShotKneesHoop

Watch out for delays at the Liz Truss Memorial Junction at Ely North, Still a pinchpoint after 15 years of inaction from Miss Cheese. That is a god awful railway line until you get to Peterborough. The best of luck in making kick off.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Just leaving on 16:07 - Feb 26 with 1514 viewsstowmarketrange

Just leaving on 11:54 - Feb 26 by ShotKneesHoop

Watch out for delays at the Liz Truss Memorial Junction at Ely North, Still a pinchpoint after 15 years of inaction from Miss Cheese. That is a god awful railway line until you get to Peterborough. The best of luck in making kick off.

I wish I’d been stuck on a train for a few hours rather than watching that for 90+ mins.
I’m now sitting in a pub in Halifax having a couple of pints of the black stuff.

I reckon that’s me done with away games for me this season after 6 losses in my 8 away matches,including the last 3 defeats.
Just leaving on 17:05 - Feb 26 with 1367 viewsMalintabuk

Just leaving on 16:07 - Feb 26 by stowmarketrange

I wish I’d been stuck on a train for a few hours rather than watching that for 90+ mins.
I’m now sitting in a pub in Halifax having a couple of pints of the black stuff.

I reckon that’s me done with away games for me this season after 6 losses in my 8 away matches,including the last 3 defeats.

Stayed at my brothers in Windsor last night and a 6am start to get up there.... so not only deprived of sleep.... money.... and result but an abject day.
Was reading the thread on the drive back and it is strange how things must look on the TV to actually being there.
Seems quite a few felt we played badly.... but in fact I thought we did very well with a team that in all honesty were far better than us. From the off they never gave us a minute, guess that is one advantage of having a youthful team
Rightly we sing the praise of our young talent but Dolan and Khadra literally ran us ragged and luckily youth also brings mistakes and their final pass was often wayward.... but they are pretty good players
Thought our defence was superb today and Dunne and Barbet were really on it
Felt so sorry for Marshall.... that was an horrendous mistake for the goal.... but for that he would have been the best player we had in the 2nd half
A lot of the thread was about our poor ball retention but really I don't think we could have done anymore with the ball. As soon as we had possession they were all over us like a rash. Also really impressed with their Van Hecke... but he wasn't up against much so difficult to really tell.
So still 4th. I'm starting to really feel that therecare 5 or 6 teams that are basically just better than us. But it's been a good season and hopefully build on
On to the next
[Post edited 26 Feb 2022 17:06]
Just leaving on 17:15 - Feb 26 with 1319 viewsDamo1962

Just leaving on 17:05 - Feb 26 by Malintabuk

Stayed at my brothers in Windsor last night and a 6am start to get up there.... so not only deprived of sleep.... money.... and result but an abject day.
Was reading the thread on the drive back and it is strange how things must look on the TV to actually being there.
Seems quite a few felt we played badly.... but in fact I thought we did very well with a team that in all honesty were far better than us. From the off they never gave us a minute, guess that is one advantage of having a youthful team
Rightly we sing the praise of our young talent but Dolan and Khadra literally ran us ragged and luckily youth also brings mistakes and their final pass was often wayward.... but they are pretty good players
Thought our defence was superb today and Dunne and Barbet were really on it
Felt so sorry for Marshall.... that was an horrendous mistake for the goal.... but for that he would have been the best player we had in the 2nd half
A lot of the thread was about our poor ball retention but really I don't think we could have done anymore with the ball. As soon as we had possession they were all over us like a rash. Also really impressed with their Van Hecke... but he wasn't up against much so difficult to really tell.
So still 4th. I'm starting to really feel that therecare 5 or 6 teams that are basically just better than us. But it's been a good season and hopefully build on
On to the next
[Post edited 26 Feb 2022 17:06]

Thanks fella. Good to hear from someone at the game. I agree that they were far better than us and fully deserved the win - but they aren't as good as we made them look. That's the reality. We are so ponderous in our decision making that we allow teams to overwhelm us. Not having any fit/decent strikers is a massive failure by the club and MW. Agree about defence...they stopped a rout.
Just leaving on 19:33 - Feb 26 with 1142 viewsstowmarketrange

Just to add to the misery,my train to Peterborough is running late because of a fatality on an earlier train.It means I’ll have an extra 2 hour wait at Peterborough as I’ve missed my connection.It’s turned a 5 hour journey home into more like 8 hours.
Just been updated that the person survived.Some good news anyway.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2022 19:42]
Just leaving on 20:07 - Feb 26 with 1036 viewsBoston

Just leaving on 16:07 - Feb 26 by stowmarketrange

There are times one feels quite nostalgic for the 'old country', then you go and ruin it with Blackburn's and Halifax's.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024