Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Deing 11:49 - Mar 4 with 8578 viewsdaveB

Deing is still out tomorrow so Marshall to play.
Dykes back in training

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-boss-gives-updates-on-dieng-and-dykes-ah
Deing on 12:17 - Mar 4 with 4734 viewseastside_r

Dykes ‘out on the grass yesterday’ makes him sound like prize livestock.
Deing on 12:21 - Mar 4 with 4699 viewsbosh67

Deing on 12:17 - Mar 4 by eastside_r

Dykes ‘out on the grass yesterday’ makes him sound like prize livestock.

Dykes ‘out on the grass yesterday’ - At least he'll be quite relaxed for tomorrow then!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Deing on 13:08 - Mar 4 with 4558 viewsRangersw12

Charlie or Gray up top then

I certainly don't want to see Field and Hendrick together in midfield in fact I would send Hendrick back and get Dozzell more involved
Deing on 13:45 - Mar 4 with 4458 viewsMyke

Deing on 13:08 - Mar 4 by Rangersw12

I certainly don't want to see Field and Hendrick together in midfield in fact I would send Hendrick back and get Dozzell more involved

I simply do not get the Hendrick hatred. He has been our best player in a dismal month. A tribute to his ability and professionalism that he has hit the ground running after playing so little football. I do agree however, that Dozzell has been unfortunate, but he has plenty of time to develop. Right now it is about getting the job done (making the play-offs, not necessarily promotion) and Hendrick gives us a better opportunity to do that, especially as Steph is still below par.
Deing on 14:12 - Mar 4 with 4363 viewsParkRoyalR

Deing on 13:08 - Mar 4 by Rangersw12

Dozzell is too stationary and if he is to develop into a consistent Championship level player passing the ball and moving with it is key to his improvement.

Hendrick out and Charlie or Gray up top - wowzer!
Deing on 14:28 - Mar 4 with 4321 viewsNorthernr

Deing on 13:45 - Mar 4 by Myke

I simply do not get the Hendrick hatred. He has been our best player in a dismal month. A tribute to his ability and professionalism that he has hit the ground running after playing so little football. I do agree however, that Dozzell has been unfortunate, but he has plenty of time to develop. Right now it is about getting the job done (making the play-offs, not necessarily promotion) and Hendrick gives us a better opportunity to do that, especially as Steph is still below par.

Hendrick plays well, obviously very good.

He has created a problem though in that the midfield is often now too many cooks. If we're playing him you have to bite the bullet and say he can play with one other, probably Field, but not two more. Watching him and Johansen holding hands and doing the same job last week was painful. It's Hendrick or Johansen, not both, for me.

Dozzell I agree with the above, plays a nice pass but then doesn't go and move for the return or run beyond the ball to pose a threat.
Deing on 14:37 - Mar 4 with 4272 viewsRangersDave

Deing on 14:28 - Mar 4 by Northernr

He has created a problem though in that the midfield is often now too many cooks. If we're playing him you have to bite the bullet and say he can play with one other, probably Field, but not two more. Watching him and Johansen holding hands and doing the same job last week was painful. It's Hendrick or Johansen, not both, for me.

Dozzell I agree with the above, plays a nice pass but then doesn't go and move for the return or run beyond the ball to pose a threat.

Hendrick plays well?

All along the watchtower wasnt too bad i suppose.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Deing on 14:38 - Mar 4 with 4273 viewsR_from_afar

Could we try 3-5-2 with Austin up top with Thomas? At least GT has some pace and enthusiasm. I'm not keen on starting with Gray and then having to watch him lollop around.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Login to get fewer ads

Deing on 14:44 - Mar 4 with 4261 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think Hendrick's been ok, Myke, but no more than that.

I certainly wouldn't have put him as the best player in February, not even my Top 3. I marked Johansen at 7.0 for the month on average and Hendrick as 6.5, Hendrick the more consistent until Blackburn.

Against Blackburn I thought his passing lacked courage - an old failing - too short, too lateral and too often backwards. Rarely put a foot on the ball and rarely looked to control the game. And the problem was that so much of our play was routed through him. He ended up killing a lot of our momentum before it got going at all.

So far, along with the injury to Dykes and the moving forward of Chair and Willock, his introduction into the side has upset our rhythm. It's not a move that has worked, imho. So far.

But it may well yet. It has allowed us to rest Johansen for two matches, though and that may be very valuable in the run-in. Plus, Hendrick will get more used to our preferred way of playing. Not easy coming in with so little football under his belt, as you quite rightly say.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Deing on 15:01 - Mar 4 with 4197 viewsdenhamhoop2

Well I have to admit to not being a Hendrick fan as for me he is a safety first footballer rarely does anything bad but by the same account rarely anything good. Throw in Field and Johansson and that's 3 centre midfielders who rarely get up to support the attack and do not help with numbers in the box. As always the best 11 players rarely make the best team
Deing on 15:02 - Mar 4 with 4191 viewsNorthernr

All our midfielders could do with joining in the attack more, and playing high up the field. Only Amos has done that, and scored, recently. A big part of us playing well at the end of last season was Johansen, and Field a time or two, getting in the box late to score. They're way too far back down the field now, and they don't gamble and get in the box. When Hendrick finally did at Blackburn, in the last couple of minutes, he nearly scored twice.
Deing on 15:02 - Mar 4 with 4191 viewsParkRoyalR

Deing on 14:44 - Mar 4 by BrianMcCarthy

I certainly wouldn't have put him as the best player in February, not even my Top 3. I marked Johansen at 7.0 for the month on average and Hendrick as 6.5, Hendrick the more consistent until Blackburn.

Against Blackburn I thought his passing lacked courage - an old failing - too short, too lateral and too often backwards. Rarely put a foot on the ball and rarely looked to control the game. And the problem was that so much of our play was routed through him. He ended up killing a lot of our momentum before it got going at all.

So far, along with the injury to Dykes and the moving forward of Chair and Willock, his introduction into the side has upset our rhythm. It's not a move that has worked, imho. So far.

But it may well yet. It has allowed us to rest Johansen for two matches, though and that may be very valuable in the run-in. Plus, Hendrick will get more used to our preferred way of playing. Not easy coming in with so little football under his belt, as you quite rightly say.

Top 3 in February for me being 1) Field 2) Dunne 3) Hendrick which says it all about how creative we were and how many goals we did'nt score in February.

Dunne is a proper unit by the way, had a brief chat with him outside the ground recently, having stood beside him I now understand how he can man-handle forwards so much more effectively than Dickie and Barbet!
Deing on 15:42 - Mar 4 with 4090 viewsStanisgod

The strange thing is we were much better without Chair than we have been since he came back, but Hendrick gets all the stick.
Touch of Elliot Ness there I think.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Deing on 15:45 - Mar 4 with 4076 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Deing on 15:42 - Mar 4 by Stanisgod

The strange thing is we were much better without Chair than we have been since he came back, but Hendrick gets all the stick.
Touch of Elliot Ness there I think.

Is Hendrick getting a lot of stick?

Presume it's on Twitter and FB?

Deing on 15:49 - Mar 4 with 4054 viewsNorthernr

Deing on 15:45 - Mar 4 by BrianMcCarthy

Is Hendrick getting a lot of stick?

Presume it's on Twitter and FB?

No Johansen is public enemy number one in those parts.

Lots and lots of the same accounts that hammered the club all summer to sign him at all costs, give him everything he wants, club needs to pull its finger out, don't let him go to Sheff Utd, show some ambition, money no object etc etc etc etc etc.
Deing on 15:53 - Mar 4 with 4023 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Deing on 15:49 - Mar 4 by Northernr

No Johansen is public enemy number one in those parts.

Lots and lots of the same accounts that hammered the club all summer to sign him at all costs, give him everything he wants, club needs to pull its finger out, don't let him go to Sheff Utd, show some ambition, money no object etc etc etc etc etc.

Quite right too. Or something.

Deing on 16:01 - Mar 4 with 4001 viewsGeorgeKulscar

Johansen shouldn't get as much stick as he does, and he's a very intelligent player, with a great eye for a pass. But his loss of form is affecting us badly, especially when it comes to doing the simple things and making silly mistakes. It's thing like not making five yard passes and giving the ball away cheaply that have been costing us, and especially did last weekend against Blackburn when they were pressing and dominating us.

We need to stick by him tho - that pass to Gray that should have resulted in at least a shot on goal shows what he can do.
Deing on 16:04 - Mar 4 with 3977 viewsWatford_Ranger

I’m getting quickly sick of Johansen abdicating responsibility when the chips are down. Seems to spend a lot of time fannying about on the right wing when things aren’t going well. Lovely player when we’re winning.

Personally I’d go with Field and Amos. Think that’s our best chance of holding some ground in midfield while still allowing Chair, Willock and whichever striker to try and impact the game.
Deing on 16:08 - Mar 4 with 3965 viewsNorthernr

Deing on 16:04 - Mar 4 by Watford_Ranger

I’m getting quickly sick of Johansen abdicating responsibility when the chips are down. Seems to spend a lot of time fannying about on the right wing when things aren’t going well. Lovely player when we’re winning.

Personally I’d go with Field and Amos. Think that’s our best chance of holding some ground in midfield while still allowing Chair, Willock and whichever striker to try and impact the game.

I just want to see him further forward, getting in the box, posing a goal threat. That was one of the best things about him when he first got here.
Deing on 16:14 - Mar 4 with 3935 viewsMyke

Deing on 14:44 - Mar 4 by BrianMcCarthy

Can't agree at all with you on this one Brian. Hendrick has played more forward passes in the short time he is with us than the other midfielders put together - and he does so QUICKLY. Possibly too quickly for our (non-striking) strikers who are caught on the back foot. He should have at least two assists already if the chances hadn't been spurned. In my view, he is having exactly the same effect has Steph had this time last year - the only difference is the team collectively are out of form (instead of coming into form) and Steph had hot strikers to supply (Austin and Dykes), whereas Hendrick has out of form/disinterested players in front of him. I do agree with Clive though, we can't play both together.
Deing on 16:15 - Mar 4 with 3928 viewstoboboly

Deing on 14:28 - Mar 4 by Northernr

Totally understand where you are coming from but isn't this the same issue as Dieng/Marshall?

Shouldn't we be playing Dozzell? He is ours and we want to develop and sell him off. Hendrick can't be cheap but he isn't ours.

I feel the Hendrick signing is a short term option that has backfired.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Deing on 16:15 - Mar 4 with 3930 viewsGeorgeKulscar

Difficulty with that is the all of sudden we have him Willock Chair and whichever 'striker' is available all trying to get forward. Then when we lose the ball they are through our midfield and running at our defense. That was part of how we played in the first half of the season and were trying to outscore other teams.

Warburton has a difficult job in balancing this team, not convinced that he knows his best 11, and a real key issue at this stage of the season is that whichever striker we seem to play does not make enough of an impact on the game, especially with Austin and Gray. Getting that loan signing wrong (not the fault of the club at all) may cost us this season, just to think we could have had a signing as effective as Wells or Hugill instead of Gray. One of those in this team this season would have made a great difference
Deing on 16:15 - Mar 4 with 3927 viewsRangersw12

I don't hate him I just don't think he adds anything we don't already have and he's now blocking development of one of our own players
Deing on 16:16 - Mar 4 with 3915 viewsNorthernr

Deing on 16:15 - Mar 4 by toboboly

Totally understand where you are coming from but isn't this the same issue as Dieng/Marshall?

Shouldn't we be playing Dozzell? He is ours and we want to develop and sell him off. Hendrick can't be cheap but he isn't ours.

I feel the Hendrick signing is a short term option that has backfired.

Don't disagree.
Deing on 16:19 - Mar 4 with 3900 viewsRangersw12

Deing on 14:12 - Mar 4 by ParkRoyalR

Dozzell is too stationary and if he is to develop into a consistent Championship level player passing the ball and moving with it is key to his improvement.

Hendrick out and Charlie or Gray up top - wowzer!

With Dykes out I fail to see who else we have who can play up front

I would start Amos & Field as the two

2 out of Willock, Johanson or Chair in the AM, with Gray or Austin upfront
[Post edited 4 Mar 2022 16:20]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024