Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blue and Yellow hoops? 19:37 - Mar 7 with 4044 viewsfrancisbowles

Haven't been on the Ukraine 23 page thread, so apologies if a Spackman but how about showing our support by wearing a special kit.
Blue and Yellow hoops? on 19:45 - Mar 7 with 3611 viewsWokingR

You could pretty much guarantee the league would not allow it for political reasons
Blue and Yellow hoops? on 19:48 - Mar 7 with 3584 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Permissions, production lines, supply chains and having taken on the full-force of China, are we ready for Russia?

Wear a blue/yellow armband.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Blue and Yellow hoops? on 19:59 - Mar 7 with 3551 viewsDannyPaddox

Before defeating China we also conquered Iran in 2005

3-0. Furlong, Wild-Thing, Santos. All headers.
Blue and Yellow hoops? on 20:07 - Mar 7 with 3520 viewspaulparker

I remember a time not so long ago when you went to work 5 days a week then at the weekend met your mates for a few beers and then off to football
You stood, sung, chanted, swore and above all had a good laugh
Oh and had some decent football thrown into the mix
Now you can’t hardly swear incase little Johnny gets upset , you told what to chant , you can’t stand and now everything is a political point scoring exercise
Kneeling, clapping, minutes silence, rainbow laces , and now it’s get behind Ukraine, flags, kits etc
Football never used to be like this, it isn’t fun anymore it should be an escapism from all the crap that pollutes your week
How about we get on with the game and let QPR play in blue and white hoops

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Blue and Yellow hoops? on 20:35 - Mar 7 with 3424 viewsRangersw12

Blue and Yellow hoops? on 20:07 - Mar 7 by paulparker

I remember a time not so long ago when you went to work 5 days a week then at the weekend met your mates for a few beers and then off to football
Now you can’t hardly swear incase little Johnny gets upset , you told what to chant , you can’t stand and now everything is a political point scoring exercise
Kneeling, clapping, minutes silence, rainbow laces , and now it’s get behind Ukraine, flags, kits etc
Football never used to be like this, it isn’t fun anymore it should be an escapism from all the crap that pollutes your week

It first started when clubs started to try out do each other every year for remembrance Sunday
Blue and Yellow hoops? on 20:45 - Mar 7 with 3401 viewsDannyPaddox

1912 Charity Shield
Blackburn Rovers v QPR
Proceeds to the Titanic Disaster Fund

“For the widows and orphans Queenie”
Blue and Yellow hoops? on 20:54 - Mar 7 with 3354 viewsaston_hoop

Colchester doing it

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Blue and Yellow hoops? on 21:35 - Mar 7 with 3225 viewstoboboly

It does seem to be getting a bit getting one over the Jones' atm

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Login to get fewer ads

Blue and Yellow hoops? on 21:44 - Mar 7 with 3174 viewsVancouverHoop

Blue and Yellow hoops? on 19:45 - Mar 7 by WokingR

You could pretty much guarantee the league would not allow it for political reasons

Wolfsburg replaced both the VW logo on their kit, and the centre circle on the pitch, with peace symbols last Saturday. The latter must have been done with the league's permission.
Blue and Yellow hoops? on 00:22 - Mar 8 with 2968 viewskensalriser

Blue and Yellow hoops? on 20:45 - Mar 7 by DannyPaddox

1912 Charity Shield
Blackburn Rovers v QPR
Proceeds to the Titanic Disaster Fund

“For the widows and orphans Queenie”

How much did we lose by?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Blue and Yellow hoops? on 00:35 - Mar 8 with 2945 viewsmakaveli1882

Blue and Yellow hoops? on 00:22 - Mar 8 by kensalriser

How much did we lose by?

Lost 2-1, attendance 7,111 at White Hart Lane.

Pretty similar 110 years later
Blue and Yellow hoops? on 08:44 - Mar 8 with 2773 viewsfrancisbowles

Blue and Yellow hoops? on 20:07 - Mar 7 by paulparker

Well whether you or I like it or not it's not 1972, it's 2022. We've moved on half a century and things have changed some for the better and some for the worse.

Oh and btw the suggestion has nothing to do with a political point scoring exercise. It's about showing that we as fans, as a club, as a country care and want to show solidarity with the people of Ukraine.

Do you?
Blue and Yellow hoops? on 13:16 - Mar 8 with 2565 viewspaulparker

Blue and Yellow hoops? on 08:44 - Mar 8 by francisbowles

Well whether you or I like it or not it's not 1972, it's 2022. We've moved on half a century and things have changed some for the better and some for the worse.

Oh and btw the suggestion has nothing to do with a political point scoring exercise. It's about showing that we as fans, as a club, as a country care and want to show solidarity with the people of Ukraine.

Do you?

If you want to show solidarity for the Ukraine go to the embassy in your blue & yellow hoops
If you care about Ukraine hand over your cash to the people there
After a hard week at work I go to football to be with my mates and follow the team
I don’t want to think about rising energy bills, wars and other such misery the world has to offer
The club does enough for the community and I’m chuffed they do
The club shouldn’t be taking sides in a conflict and nor should football as a whole
And if you like it or not it is political point scoring , every club has to out do each other when it comes to this type of thing, flags, arm bands, clapping etc

And whatever sympathies I have have got absolutely nothing to do with you

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Blue and Yellow hoops? on 15:13 - Mar 8 with 2425 viewsfrancisbowles

Its fairly predictable that you reply to threads and find the negativity in most things. It's very rare that you have anything positive to post.

I'm not forcing my views on anyone simply making a suggestion and I'll choose to show my solidarity in my own way. I happen to believe that the club can show their support for the people of Ukraine as they did for Grenfell tower community. Or was that political point scoring too?
Blue and Yellow hoops? on 15:22 - Mar 8 with 2406 viewspaulparker

Blue and Yellow hoops? on 15:13 - Mar 8 by francisbowles

Its fairly predictable that you reply to threads and find the negativity in most things. It's very rare that you have anything positive to post.

I'm not forcing my views on anyone simply making a suggestion and I'll choose to show my solidarity in my own way. I happen to believe that the club can show their support for the people of Ukraine as they did for Grenfell tower community. Or was that political point scoring too?

Grenfall was different they don’t compare at all that’s a community thing how is that political point scoring, do you actually read back what you post
Your talking about a war here and the club playing in blue & yellow hoops
So the next time Israel and Palestinian kick off what colours should we wear ?
Who does QPR back then ?
Football is a game let’s keep it at that

Blue and Yellow hoops? on 15:47 - Mar 8 with 2340 viewsfrancisbowles

Blue and Yellow hoops? on 15:22 - Mar 8 by paulparker

Grenfall was different they don’t compare at all that’s a community thing how is that political point scoring, do you actually read back what you post
Your talking about a war here and the club playing in blue & yellow hoops
So the next time Israel and Palestinian kick off what colours should we wear ?
Who does QPR back then ?
Football is a game let’s keep it at that

Exactly it's not political point scoring.

With Ukraine it's not about the war!

It's about the people!
Blue and Yellow hoops? on 16:36 - Mar 8 with 2274 viewslightwaterhoop

Blue and Yellow hoops? on 15:47 - Mar 8 by francisbowles

It's about the people!

OK then just give yourself a big 'pat on the back' and leave those of us who just want to watch a game of football out of it.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2022 17:00]
Blue and Yellow hoops? on 16:41 - Mar 8 with 2249 viewspaulparker

Blue and Yellow hoops? on 15:47 - Mar 8 by francisbowles

It's about the people!

So what about the people of Syria, North Korea, Palestine , ?
Why does football need to clap for little Arthur but not little star
Footballers wear rainbow laces but nothing about abused kids
It’s all political
If football wants to be a moral guardian why do we have arm dealers and regimes owning football clubs , why are the poor sods working all hours on the stadiums for this sham of a World Cup not being highlighted or the kids in sweat shops on a pound a day making Chelsea shirts
Football shouldn’t pick and choose what cause it wants to get behind

Blue and Yellow hoops? on 20:10 - Mar 8 with 2064 viewsfrancisbowles

Blue and Yellow hoops? on 16:41 - Mar 8 by paulparker

So what about the people of Syria, North Korea, Palestine , ?
Why does football need to clap for little Arthur but not little star
Footballers wear rainbow laces but nothing about abused kids
It’s all political
If football wants to be a moral guardian why do we have arm dealers and regimes owning football clubs , why are the poor sods working all hours on the stadiums for this sham of a World Cup not being highlighted or the kids in sweat shops on a pound a day making Chelsea shirts
Football shouldn’t pick and choose what cause it wants to get behind

'If football wants to be a moral guardian why do we have arm dealers and regimes owning football clubs , why are the poor sods working all hours on the stadiums for this sham of a World Cup not being highlighted or the kids in sweat shops on a pound a day making Chelsea shirts'

Well I'd agree that all that is wrong and football should be doing more as it is something they could directly control.

As for the rest it is very difficult, if not impossible to support every deserving cause. Choices have to be made in the same way that I can't donate to every deserving charity.

We, the club, have already decided that we support the people of Ukraine with it's message on Saturday. I just thought this might be a better and more demonstrative way of doing it. Just to have a special kit for a game or two.
Blue and Yellow hoops? on 20:12 - Mar 8 with 2055 viewsfrancisbowles

Blue and Yellow hoops? on 16:36 - Mar 8 by lightwaterhoop

OK then just give yourself a big 'pat on the back' and leave those of us who just want to watch a game of football out of it.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2022 17:00]

Don't want a 'pat on the back' or anything else.

It was simply a suggestion to build on what the club have already done. If you don't like it that's fine.
Blue and Yellow hoops? on 22:57 - Mar 8 with 1899 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Personally, I wouldn't be in favour of it, with all due respect fb.

If we start that, where does it stop?
I love the work we do in the Community and with inclusivity, but this feels somehow different. PP makes a valid point about Palestine and Israel: I personally find that situation unbelievably tragic but wouldn't want us changing our shirts on account of it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Blue and Yellow hoops? on 23:12 - Mar 8 with 1874 viewsDamo1962

Blue and Yellow hoops? on 15:13 - Mar 8 by francisbowles

I'm sure we all have sympathy with the people in Ukraine - and the Russian people who are suffering under this gobshite as well. It's this constant need to be seen to be doing and saying the right thing, that leaves some of us a bit jaded. It's not up to QPR to show the world how you feel. Like others have said, a lot of folks just want a few hours a week to put human turmoils to the back of their minds. Football isn't important...but it is a relief to many. And this QPR we are talking about
[Post edited 8 Mar 2022 23:47]
Blue and Yellow hoops? on 10:10 - Mar 9 with 1711 viewsfrancisbowles

Blue and Yellow hoops? on 22:57 - Mar 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Personally, I wouldn't be in favour of it, with all due respect fb.

If we start that, where does it stop?
I love the work we do in the Community and with inclusivity, but this feels somehow different. PP makes a valid point about Palestine and Israel: I personally find that situation unbelievably tragic but wouldn't want us changing our shirts on account of it.

Thanks Brian, respect your honesty. The Palestinian/Israel, Arab/Jew situation has been going on way back to 1919 and before that and I don't think changing our colours for a day would help at all. (trying to say that in a friendly manner). This, to me, is in some ways new and different, although there is a history to it as well.

Lets leave it there, as we don't need another political thread and that was definitely not my intention.
Blue and Yellow hoops? on 10:13 - Mar 9 with 1701 viewsfrancisbowles

Blue and Yellow hoops? on 23:12 - Mar 8 by Damo1962

I'm sure we all have sympathy with the people in Ukraine - and the Russian people who are suffering under this gobshite as well. It's this constant need to be seen to be doing and saying the right thing, that leaves some of us a bit jaded. It's not up to QPR to show the world how you feel. Like others have said, a lot of folks just want a few hours a week to put human turmoils to the back of their minds. Football isn't important...but it is a relief to many. And this QPR we are talking about
[Post edited 8 Mar 2022 23:47]

Yes, I get that Damo.

See above.
Blue and Yellow hoops? on 11:27 - Mar 9 with 1648 viewspaulparker

Blue and Yellow hoops? on 10:10 - Mar 9 by francisbowles

Thanks Brian, respect your honesty. The Palestinian/Israel, Arab/Jew situation has been going on way back to 1919 and before that and I don't think changing our colours for a day would help at all. (trying to say that in a friendly manner). This, to me, is in some ways new and different, although there is a history to it as well.

Lets leave it there, as we don't need another political thread and that was definitely not my intention.

well.

Nice back tracking as you bought up Grenfell and where I stood on the Ukraine situation among other things ,
No definitely not your intention at all

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024