Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hatters Match Thread 23:18 - Mar 12 with 39146 viewscolinallcars

Says in John le Mesurier voice “would you chaps mind awfully if I start a matchthread for the first time ? “
2-0 to us.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2022 23:26]
Hatters Match Thread on 16:53 - Mar 13 with 2402 viewsMick_S

Hatters Match Thread on 16:44 - Mar 13 by PinnerPaul

(Almost) spot on Mick!

I’ll take that, mate.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Hatters Match Thread on 16:56 - Mar 13 with 2361 viewsNortholt_Rs

Hatters Match Thread on 15:32 - Mar 13 by Snipper

It’s not the interview by Sky, but their own lot.

Fantastic. I could watch that all day. COYRsssssss!!!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Hatters Match Thread on 16:59 - Mar 13 with 2333 viewsQPR_Jim

Hatters Match Thread on 14:21 - Mar 13 by QPRSteve

Jones. What a moaning prat.

It did sound like he called the linesman the c word after he gave the offside. Not sure if that's allowed/tolerated.

I also noticed that he was covering his mouth with his scarf before he said that. If you're going to say something at least have the balls to stand by it rather than trying to mask it so you can weasel out of it later.
Hatters Match Thread on 17:01 - Mar 13 with 2314 viewsDamo1962

Hatters Match Thread on 16:59 - Mar 13 by QPR_Jim

It did sound like he called the linesman the c word after he gave the offside. Not sure if that's allowed/tolerated.

I also noticed that he was covering his mouth with his scarf before he said that. If you're going to say something at least have the balls to stand by it rather than trying to mask it so you can weasel out of it later.

What a snidey individual this bloke is. Glad we have a gentleman in our dug-out.
Hatters Match Thread on 17:21 - Mar 13 with 2177 viewsloftboy

Just on my break at work , watched the game on my iPhone, blatant handball fro their goal, Chad was lucky not to see red, he has a bit of Adele petulance about him, noticed it at Cardiff last week, lots of moaning and arm waving, Grey bought his penalty, knew exactly what he was doing.
Charlie looked keen and how many times has Clive said “just need a goal to go in off thei arse”
Which is almost exactly what Dickie did.
Anyone see the pikeys giving Dunne some grief after he was literally stamped on. God I’m glad we beat them.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2022 10:10]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Hatters Match Thread on 17:32 - Mar 13 with 2089 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hatters Match Thread on 16:56 - Mar 13 by Northolt_Rs

Fantastic. I could watch that all day. COYRsssssss!!!

You have to love managers being so one-eyed. Their goal was about a clear-a handball as you can ever or will ever see, but all the decisions went against luton apparently.

Bare bones.

Hatters Match Thread on 17:35 - Mar 13 with 2063 viewsPinnerPaul

Hatters Match Thread on 17:32 - Mar 13 by Antti_Heinola

You have to love managers being so one-eyed. Their goal was about a clear-a handball as you can ever or will ever see, but all the decisions went against luton apparently.

They are all the same - objective critique of a referee's performance isn't what they are there for tbf.
Hatters Match Thread on 18:39 - Mar 13 with 1884 viewsthemodfather

they lost and that is that, their goal had a handball in the build up and our winner was dodgy , they did not score a second when on top and we kept at it and took our, few , chances. if their manager blows a gasket, lovely! we are 4th, they are not. simples.
Login to get fewer ads

Hatters Match Thread on 19:31 - Mar 13 with 1729 viewsOldPedro

Hatters Match Thread on 18:39 - Mar 13 by themodfather

they lost and that is that, their goal had a handball in the build up and our winner was dodgy , they did not score a second when on top and we kept at it and took our, few , chances. if their manager blows a gasket, lovely! we are 4th, they are not. simples.

It was Cardiff in reverse - both Cardiff goals had contentious decisions in the build up that could have gone either way

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Hatters Match Thread on 20:59 - Mar 13 with 1545 viewsTomS

From my vantage point, on my couch, we were second best everywhere on the pitch.

Their pressing was incessant. Often one of our players on the ball was pressed by a swarm of Luton players. At one point I saw the stat that we had a 55% pass completion rate, down about 20% on normal. That wasn't down to our poor passing, it was down to the workrate of our opponents. It also resulted in the ball being spotted on the radar in Luton airport on a regular basis as many balls were simply hoofed upfield under pressure.

They created the better chances and it should have been game over by halftime. But it wasn't, and this is the lottery that is the Championship, and they somehow lost the match. I can sympathise with their response to some of the refereeing decisions, the ref certainly wasn't a "homer"", and his unwillingness to blow the whistle on occasion led to a very robust and physically contested match.

It wasn't pretty to watch, but as everyone says it was a win and at the end of the day that's all that matters. We got lucky, and we know it.

Luton are a good side. They'll bounce back from this and if they continue playing like this, they'll be promotion contenders.
Hatters Match Thread on 21:23 - Mar 13 with 1462 viewsjoe90

Had to let that sink in.

Very pleased with the result but think we had a bit of luck on our side.

Another tough game coming up, hopefully this is the start of a good run and not another false dawn.
Hatters Match Thread on 22:04 - Mar 13 with 1325 viewswombat

Hatters Match Thread on 21:23 - Mar 13 by joe90

Had to let that sink in.

Very pleased with the result but think we had a bit of luck on our side.

Another tough game coming up, hopefully this is the start of a good run and not another false dawn.

I’d guess half of the misplaced passes were from Hendricks not down to being closed down just poor passing , not wanting to single anyone out but he brings nothing to the table , and funnily enough soon as he went off we moved up a. Gear , shut them down and was higher up the pitch steff also played well without Hendricks behind him , field as always MOM closely followed by dunne .
Also grey put a full shift in today prob his first since he joined us .

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Hatters Match Thread on 22:18 - Mar 13 with 1280 viewsjoe90

Hatters Match Thread on 22:04 - Mar 13 by wombat

I’d guess half of the misplaced passes were from Hendricks not down to being closed down just poor passing , not wanting to single anyone out but he brings nothing to the table , and funnily enough soon as he went off we moved up a. Gear , shut them down and was higher up the pitch steff also played well without Hendricks behind him , field as always MOM closely followed by dunne .
Also grey put a full shift in today prob his first since he joined us .

I think Moses had a really good game. Every time he plays he’s fully involved in the action, plus he gets himself all over the pitch. He’s a really useful player for us and doesn’t get enough credit IMO.

Field is very consistent, can’t fault him. Agree about Gray. Of our three strikers he is the best finisher.

Hendricks is a strange one. No obvious need for him, especially when Jojo and Field are playing. It limits us going forward and forces us to pass sideways and backwards more often than any of us care to see.
Hatters Match Thread on 22:31 - Mar 13 with 1196 viewsRangersw12

Today is why I go to football

Proper day out with proper people

Come on you R'sss
Hatters Match Thread on 22:33 - Mar 13 with 1188 viewsnix

Hatters Match Thread on 22:18 - Mar 13 by joe90

I think Moses had a really good game. Every time he plays he’s fully involved in the action, plus he gets himself all over the pitch. He’s a really useful player for us and doesn’t get enough credit IMO.

Field is very consistent, can’t fault him. Agree about Gray. Of our three strikers he is the best finisher.

Hendricks is a strange one. No obvious need for him, especially when Jojo and Field are playing. It limits us going forward and forces us to pass sideways and backwards more often than any of us care to see.

Gray is definitely a finisher. According to SofaScore he's scored a goal every 135 minutes for us. He averages 11 touches per game (but sometimes only plays for ten minutes at the end). He has only 1.2 shots per game but manages to get 0.7 of them on target. It looks like we should try and get more opportunities for him as he does well when he actually has a chance.
Hatters Match Thread on 22:45 - Mar 13 with 1135 viewsjoe90

Hatters Match Thread on 22:33 - Mar 13 by nix

Gray is definitely a finisher. According to SofaScore he's scored a goal every 135 minutes for us. He averages 11 touches per game (but sometimes only plays for ten minutes at the end). He has only 1.2 shots per game but manages to get 0.7 of them on target. It looks like we should try and get more opportunities for him as he does well when he actually has a chance.

Good stats Nix, thanks for sharing.

Agree, makes sense to get the man as much service as possible!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024