Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Injuries from other teams 07:12 - Mar 17 with 2773 viewsnix

Is it just me that's really hacked off by two of our best players being taken out by our rival teams. Willock last night and Seny by Blackburn. Both injuries changed the game, as Willock looked really dangerous. It also meant both matches that we used an early sub which limited our options.

I know sh*t happens but it's really p*ssing me off. Particularly Willock as teams are targeting him and he's not getting the protection. I love Warbs' integrity but I really think he should be moaning in public and to refs about Willock being hacked down so much.
Injuries from other teams on 07:32 - Mar 17 with 2682 viewsHarbour

Yes agree Nix in both instances the offending player did not get a card. The foul on Willock looked like a yellow to me but Moss gives nothing then gives out yellows for minor infringement. Hopefully Willock not out for too long. Seny has been really missed Marshall did ok last night but the Blackburn Hull and Cardiff performances cost us at least 4 points.
Injuries from other teams on 07:33 - Mar 17 with 2668 viewsstevec

Once you start looking like a side that can get pushed around, you get pushed around.
Injuries from other teams on 07:56 - Mar 17 with 2595 viewsMungoJezza

Perhaps Warbs needs to channel his inner Nathan Jones and have a meltdown during an interview or on the touchline during a game! I think I'm write in saying that Gerry Francis often used to act as a 'minder' for Stan, and so would have a word whenever an opposition defender dared to dish out the treatment! Perhaps one of our current senior pros can take up the mantle - Johansen or Austin spring to mind.
Injuries from other teams on 08:11 - Mar 17 with 2527 viewsnix

Injuries from other teams on 07:56 - Mar 17 by MungoJezza

Perhaps Warbs needs to channel his inner Nathan Jones and have a meltdown during an interview or on the touchline during a game! I think I'm write in saying that Gerry Francis often used to act as a 'minder' for Stan, and so would have a word whenever an opposition defender dared to dish out the treatment! Perhaps one of our current senior pros can take up the mantle - Johansen or Austin spring to mind.

I honestly do think he needs to get angry about it in interviews. Was it Dean Smith who used to do this for Grealish in the Championship? And it worked because players would almost always get booked for fouling him.
Injuries from other teams on 08:23 - Mar 17 with 2486 viewsPerthRs

I totally agree with you Nix and I’m surprised that there’s been no comment on these injuries from the club and only a few mentions on this site, you could see that fcuking lump of a forward Gallagher couldn’t get to the ball and took out Seny and got away with it, No freekick No card pi sspoor refereeing yet again, to compound this that prick Gallagher did the same in there match against Fulham the following week and went through on the keeper but this time the Ref gave a free kick but again no card.

Chris Willock has taken a beating in every game this season and again last night yet again no complaints from the club not even a bloody booking for the Forest player and yet Moss was dishing them out like confetti to anyone in a hoop shirt (ok a couple of our booking were justified)

Does the club still get written apologises from the Refs when they have cocked up because? They must be getting them after every game.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2022 8:25]
Injuries from other teams on 08:35 - Mar 17 with 2432 viewsstowmarketrange

I thought Warburton should’ve been a little bit more sensible with his subs last night.With one already used in the 1st half for Willock,it seemed a bit reckless to me to use the last 2 with over 30 minutes to go on a heavy pitch sodden pitch against a youngish fit team.Especially as neither of the subs had much of an impact on the game.
Injuries from other teams on 08:55 - Mar 17 with 2381 viewsnix

Injuries from other teams on 08:35 - Mar 17 by stowmarketrange

I thought Warburton should’ve been a little bit more sensible with his subs last night.With one already used in the 1st half for Willock,it seemed a bit reckless to me to use the last 2 with over 30 minutes to go on a heavy pitch sodden pitch against a youngish fit team.Especially as neither of the subs had much of an impact on the game.

I thought taking off Dozzell made sense as he'd been booked and can be a bit reckless in the challenge and the Forest fans were screaming for bookings every time we fouled (and Moss obliged). But didn't understand taking Amos off.
Injuries from other teams on 08:59 - Mar 17 with 2352 viewsstevec

Injuries from other teams on 08:23 - Mar 17 by PerthRs

I totally agree with you Nix and I’m surprised that there’s been no comment on these injuries from the club and only a few mentions on this site, you could see that fcuking lump of a forward Gallagher couldn’t get to the ball and took out Seny and got away with it, No freekick No card pi sspoor refereeing yet again, to compound this that prick Gallagher did the same in there match against Fulham the following week and went through on the keeper but this time the Ref gave a free kick but again no card.

Chris Willock has taken a beating in every game this season and again last night yet again no complaints from the club not even a bloody booking for the Forest player and yet Moss was dishing them out like confetti to anyone in a hoop shirt (ok a couple of our booking were justified)

Does the club still get written apologises from the Refs when they have cocked up because? They must be getting them after every game.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2022 8:25]

Looks to me like refs are allowing physical battles on pitch, but if you’ve lost the physical battle and then get out if it by fouling you get a booking. Hence why we are getting a fair amount of bookings lately.

We seem to be transgressing to that 2020 side that loved having the ball but hated what was needed to hold onto it.

I’d leave Dunne, Dickie, Barbet and Field out of that but the rest of the side are getting roughed up too easily.
Login to get fewer ads

Injuries from other teams on 09:09 - Mar 17 with 2317 viewsQPR_Jim

Injuries from other teams on 08:55 - Mar 17 by nix

I thought taking off Dozzell made sense as he'd been booked and can be a bit reckless in the challenge and the Forest fans were screaming for bookings every time we fouled (and Moss obliged). But didn't understand taking Amos off.

He seems to be taking it very careful with Amos, it wouldn't surprise me if the conditions made it high risk for players coming back from knee injuries. His hand may have been forced a little.

I thought Wallace either needed assistance or switching with Albert so Moses could match Spence for pace.
Injuries from other teams on 09:09 - Mar 17 with 2317 viewsnix

Injuries from other teams on 08:59 - Mar 17 by stevec

Looks to me like refs are allowing physical battles on pitch, but if you’ve lost the physical battle and then get out if it by fouling you get a booking. Hence why we are getting a fair amount of bookings lately.

We seem to be transgressing to that 2020 side that loved having the ball but hated what was needed to hold onto it.

I’d leave Dunne, Dickie, Barbet and Field out of that but the rest of the side are getting roughed up too easily.

I disagree. What's happening to Willock isn't barging or shoulder charging. It's someone tripping him up, going through the back of him, kneeing him in the leg. Those are fouls, not hard physical play. They're just doing it off the ball, so the refs don't see it, hence no fouls/bookings.
Injuries from other teams on 09:16 - Mar 17 with 2288 viewsBAWHoops

We kicked Forest off the park last night, was the only way we could deal with their pace.

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Injuries from other teams on 09:17 - Mar 17 with 2287 viewsQPR_Jim

Injuries from other teams on 09:09 - Mar 17 by nix

I disagree. What's happening to Willock isn't barging or shoulder charging. It's someone tripping him up, going through the back of him, kneeing him in the leg. Those are fouls, not hard physical play. They're just doing it off the ball, so the refs don't see it, hence no fouls/bookings.

I've noticed that too, a lot of off the ball blocking, holding and tripping. If the player had the ball it would be a foul but as they don't the refs either don't see it or don't care. It really makes it hard to give options to the player with the ball.
Injuries from other teams on 09:45 - Mar 17 with 2178 viewsToast_R

Should have definitely been a yellow for the Willock foul. No attempt to play the ball.
Injuries from other teams on 10:08 - Mar 17 with 2086 viewsdaveB

The Willock injury killed us last night, he was playing so well and we needed him second half to just keep the ball for a bit in their half
Injuries from other teams on 10:17 - Mar 17 with 2054 viewsQPROslo

Injuries from other teams on 08:55 - Mar 17 by nix

I don't think Amos did anything much exept miss a
huge chance. But then he was playing out of his best position which is much further forward where his pressing of defenders and running into space is far more useful. I'd have had him off much earlier and put Johansen on.
Injuries from other teams on 11:06 - Mar 17 with 1965 viewsextratimeR

Yes, I think it's time for Warburton to speak out on what's happening to Willock, ( and the dreadful challenge on Senny).

Earlier in the season Referees were allowing Willock to have the shirt dragged off his back every week, ( don't bother asking about yellow card).

Now it's got more cynical, he is now being hacked down, ( it was the usual Forest bloke, can't remember his name) did he get a yellow?

It looked a really bad challenge, and he has taken our best outfield player out if the game.

Unlikely they will get away with stuff against Liverpool.
Injuries from other teams on 19:27 - Mar 17 with 1606 viewsdistortR

Injuries from other teams on 10:17 - Mar 17 by QPROslo

I don't think Amos did anything much exept miss a
huge chance. But then he was playing out of his best position which is much further forward where his pressing of defenders and running into space is far more useful. I'd have had him off much earlier and put Johansen on.

AnonAmos
Injuries from other teams on 19:48 - Mar 17 with 1545 viewsManinBlack

If you look at all the statistics throughout the season we seem to outscore all the teams we play for bookings. For some reason teams can stick the boot in on Willock and get away with it and then one of ours holds someone's shirt and out comes the yellow card.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024