Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred 13:39 - Apr 5 with 32513 viewsozranger

About to get 2pm train. We're going to go fighting in this one. Two attackers and our old team back.

2-0 win
Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 21:47 - Apr 5 with 1918 viewsstainrods_elbow

Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 21:41 - Apr 5 by ted_hendrix

Shameful performance.

It wasn't (entirely) shameful - there was huff and puff, but that side couldn't blow down a paper aeroplane. Gray and Dykes anonymous. Albert looks half-finished, like he's forgotten how to cross a ball or beat a man. Chair tried, was busy, but mostly unroductively. Collectively, staff and players appear to have lost the plot.

We talk about spine, but I'm not even sure where it is right now - or if it is.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 21:48 - Apr 5 with 1930 viewsSK_hoops

New drinking game. Do a shot every time QPR have a shot on target. AKA dry April.
Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 21:48 - Apr 5 with 1925 viewsted_hendrix

Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 21:46 - Apr 5 by distortR

ha ha, edited before I saw your reply...............

IOM Fc in play-offs on saturday...................

Your to quick for me

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 21:49 - Apr 5 with 1899 viewsHunterhoop

Appalling.

There looks to be no team spirit. None of the players look energetic. No one is shouting at each other to up the tempo. No one demanding standards. No one complaining at the officials. We look meek. They look like they know the season is done. They also look like they don’t really like each other.

Chair is real problem, IMO. He is so slow in possession. His desire to give himself time and space on it, but turning back almost every time he receives it just allows the oppo to get set again. He cannot see and early pass. There was a moment early in the 2nd half where Gray made a great run peeling off the centre half to the back post in a 2 vs 2 attack and Chair completely failed to see it or cross it early to the back stick. Instead he slowed it down, cut inside and shot wide. He just doesn’t get his head up early enough.

Dykes looked half arsed too. Hendricks was off the pace. Adomah was out of sorts.

Only Field and Barbet come out of that with any credit, IMO. Interesting the two that got back into the box for Utd’s last break away chance; the two still running…
Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 21:49 - Apr 5 with 1879 viewsNed_Kennedys

Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 21:45 - Apr 5 by Rs_Holy

Yep clear out required… it’s a damned shame we have zero players coming through the U23s … a couple of home grown players would have made life a lot easier

The U23s haven’t had a look in under Warbs so who knows if they can step up or not?
Duke-McKenna has at least shown us he has energy compared to the plodders Warbs prefers.

Absolutely abject going forward tonight: could’ve played another few hours without getting a shot in, let alone a goal.
Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 21:50 - Apr 5 with 1831 viewsGreenbay

Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 21:47 - Apr 5 by paulparker

Are you just cutting and pasting from every defeat Mark ?

Not quite but its getting that way Paul.
And by the way don't know where you got Mark from?
I'm not a Mark - even though it's a nice name.
Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 21:51 - Apr 5 with 1774 viewsstainrods_elbow

Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 21:47 - Apr 5 by paulparker

Are you just cutting and pasting from every defeat Mark ?

Basic thesis - how can fans know anything? What does 'punching above your weight' even mean? We were playing well for months, scoring goals, and entertaining. We weren't over-acheiving - we were . . . achieving. Now we're embarrassing ourselves.

Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 21:52 - Apr 5 with 1735 viewsRangersw12

Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 21:49 - Apr 5 by Hunterhoop

Appalling.

There looks to be no team spirit. None of the players look energetic. No one is shouting at each other to up the tempo. No one demanding standards. No one complaining at the officials. We look meek. They look like they know the season is done. They also look like they don’t really like each other.

Chair is real problem, IMO. He is so slow in possession. His desire to give himself time and space on it, but turning back almost every time he receives it just allows the oppo to get set again. He cannot see and early pass. There was a moment early in the 2nd half where Gray made a great run peeling off the centre half to the back post in a 2 vs 2 attack and Chair completely failed to see it or cross it early to the back stick. Instead he slowed it down, cut inside and shot wide. He just doesn’t get his head up early enough.

Dykes looked half arsed too. Hendricks was off the pace. Adomah was out of sorts.

Only Field and Barbet come out of that with any credit, IMO. Interesting the two that got back into the box for Utd’s last break away chance; the two still running…

Thought Chair was the only player who was going to create anything
Login to get fewer ads

Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 21:53 - Apr 5 with 1710 viewsdistortR

Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 21:48 - Apr 5 by ted_hendrix

Your to quick for me

I'm more Austin then Mbappe, mate
Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 21:53 - Apr 5 with 1699 viewssandsofporto

Tonught was shit as was last Saturday, but the questions need to be asked as to why we lose to opposition like Peterborough Barnsley and Cardiff. That is not good enough, Tonight was bad but it is not the reason we are in this predicament. The manger is to blame. one bad loss every now and again ok but those three games we need to question why???
Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 21:54 - Apr 5 with 1672 viewsessextaxiboy

Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 21:45 - Apr 5 by Rs_Holy

Yep clear out required… it’s a damned shame we have zero players coming through the U23s … a couple of home grown players would have made life a lot easier

We have Bettache ,Armstrong Duke Mckenna , Walsh ...They need to get a chance now if fit ..IMO
Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 21:54 - Apr 5 with 1671 viewsMatch82

Quality of the crossing from us in that game was absolutely shocking
Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 21:55 - Apr 5 with 1643 viewsRs_Holy

Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 21:49 - Apr 5 by Ned_Kennedys

The U23s haven’t had a look in under Warbs so who knows if they can step up or not?
Duke-McKenna has at least shown us he has energy compared to the plodders Warbs prefers.

Absolutely abject going forward tonight: could’ve played another few hours without getting a shot in, let alone a goal.

I hear what you are saying but our best youth players constantly go on loan to Lower League teams and fail to impress… I know they are young but if they can’t make an impact in League One (or lower) what chance do they have in the Championship?
Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 21:56 - Apr 5 with 1627 viewsstainrods_elbow

Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 21:49 - Apr 5 by Ned_Kennedys

Another big criticism of his management that gets even bigger the more I think about it. Just keeps playing the same players, tweaking the shape, and hoping it'll come right. Which it hasn't for getting on for three months.

Surely to Jesus, we must have someone - anyone - at the club who can do better than the amteurish Dykes and that non entity Gray in our next game? Seriously, the more we fail to hit the target, how much worse could they be?

Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 21:56 - Apr 5 with 1633 viewssandsofporto

By thee way fair play to the fans who went today, Big round of applause
Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 21:56 - Apr 5 with 1606 viewsqprxtc

One day we’ll look back at this game wistfully, with a wry smile and chuckle. Turn towards the setting sun, descending slowly beyond the wide open vista, pick up our sack and slowly move onto without looking back.

This page in our Odyssey is over.
Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 21:57 - Apr 5 with 1597 viewsstainrods_elbow

Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 21:54 - Apr 5 by essextaxiboy

We have Bettache ,Armstrong Duke Mckenna , Walsh ...They need to get a chance now if fit ..IMO

Seconded. (And thirded - if that's allowed.)

Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 21:57 - Apr 5 with 1587 viewsBklynRanger

Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 21:52 - Apr 5 by Rangersw12

Me too. And nobody will be clamouring to get a MOTM thread going but Field was out on his own in terms of visibly working his bollocks off. Kept talking too - great effort from him, hope we keep him.
Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 21:59 - Apr 5 with 1533 viewssandsofporto

Hendricks SPOM
Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 22:10 - Apr 5 with 1333 viewsTacticalR

Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 21:21 - Apr 5 by jtuck

You can hear Nick London losing faith as he commentates on QPR +. Getting more and more depressed. Even little Andy Sinton sounding frustrated.

Nick London got frustrated with the way we kept passing backwards.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2022 22:11]

Air hostess clique

Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 22:11 - Apr 5 with 1329 viewsHunterhoop

Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 21:52 - Apr 5 by Rangersw12

Well we gave him the ball every time we were in their half, let him take the corners and free kicks, and did he?

I’m not saying he wasn’t trying, but vision, decision making, and execution??
[Post edited 5 Apr 2022 22:13]
Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 22:15 - Apr 5 with 1262 viewswortonranger

Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 21:54 - Apr 5 by essextaxiboy

For starters Walsh is injured. I’ve watched a couple of U23 games recently and trust me, none of the players you name are anywhere near the answer. The better ones are on loan.
There is the basis of a side here, but someone needs to move on, probably Seni as he at least isn’t part of the current shambles . Two new decent prospects in plus 2/3 promising loans and we may have another chance.
Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 22:15 - Apr 5 with 1261 viewsMyke

The game had 0-0 written all over if bar one silly switch off. Neither team laid a glove on each other 2nd half. Difficult to see us scoring again, never mind winning. We will of course, but I have no idea by who
Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 22:23 - Apr 5 with 1175 viewsRangersw12

Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 22:11 - Apr 5 by Hunterhoop

Well we gave him the ball every time we were in their half, let him take the corners and free kicks, and did he?

I’m not saying he wasn’t trying, but vision, decision making, and execution??
[Post edited 5 Apr 2022 22:13]

I agree about the head up thing and something he certainly needs to work on if he's gonna go up another level

Who was he supposed to pass to though, Gray and Dykes were very static and didn't really give him an option. Wallace rarely bombed forward like he did earlier on the season as it seems his legs have finally gone and the midfield 2 just sit.

Not saying Chair was amazing but he was the best of attacking players IMO which isn't a massive compliment tbh
Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 22:26 - Apr 5 with 1132 viewsdavman

Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 21:49 - Apr 5 by Hunterhoop

Appalling.

Tom, utter bollox on Chair. He is giving energy, determination effort, but when he looks up, he has Dykes and Gray to aim for and they are never in space, or in Dykes' case, no point passing to him 'cos he can' t control the ball.

He is NOT the problem here, but you are always digging him out.

Absolutely the least of our problems.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024