Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh well, that’s that then. 16:57 - Apr 23 with 2823 viewsSnipper

Championship football next season.

What a disappointing outcome to an otherwise great season.
Oh well, that’s that then. on 17:03 - Apr 23 with 2745 viewsRangersDave

Ran out of fit players, ran out of fit 'thinking' players, ran out of fit attacking players, ran out of a progressive manager, manager ran out of ideas, manager turned down a striker, manager did his not very good it seems 'best'.

He ran out of ideas, luck, plans, players, and possibly (if he sent players out to play like that) , the dressing room too.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Oh well, that’s that then. on 17:08 - Apr 23 with 2696 viewsted_hendrix

I'm not exactly happy but I'm kind of okay with It, when we were riding high It was great and I always said If It goes wrong then that's our fault and It Is/was.
Bridge too far for our squad and the more I think about It our signings In January were bloody odd.
Desperate for the season to end now, I'm just gonna hang on to the good times we had this season although again If I'm honest a few of our good results earlier we actually 'burgled'
There's a huge amount of work to do behind the scenes at Rangers in the coming three Months.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Oh well, that’s that then. on 17:10 - Apr 23 with 2632 viewsDamo1962

Oh well, that’s that then. on 17:08 - Apr 23 by ted_hendrix

I'm not exactly happy but I'm kind of okay with It, when we were riding high It was great and I always said If It goes wrong then that's our fault and It Is/was.
Bridge too far for our squad and the more I think about It our signings In January were bloody odd.
Desperate for the season to end now, I'm just gonna hang on to the good times we had this season although again If I'm honest a few of our good results earlier we actually 'burgled'
There's a huge amount of work to do behind the scenes at Rangers in the coming three Months.

Agree Ted. Can't blame anyone but ourselves TBH. At least Middlesex beat Glamorgan today. Time to focus on my other sport now. Less stressful than following Rangers as well 😎
[Post edited 23 Apr 2022 18:16]
Oh well, that’s that then. on 18:32 - Apr 23 with 2410 viewsstrikerace

I really can't figure out what happened to our attack. For a good year we were scoring a lot of goals, and from a lot of different positions (not just striker). Then it all just stopped. Its like someone took away our midfield
Oh well, that’s that then. on 18:44 - Apr 23 with 2339 viewsDamo1962

A combination of mis-firing strikers all season. The mid- field got us into a great position by scoring the goals, along with goals from the defence, but when Willock was injured, and the middle stopped scoring...the writing should have been on the wall for us all to see. Lessons will have been learned hopefully. The injury situation has been frankly ridiculous too, but that is out of our hands.
Oh well, that’s that then. on 20:12 - Apr 23 with 2180 viewsngbqpr

When the dust settles, we’ll remember 21-22 for exciting football, loads of late goals, packed away ends…the ‘great collapse’ will be a footnote.

Right now tho…crushing disappointment.

I’m still stick personally.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Oh well, that’s that then. on 20:16 - Apr 23 with 2143 viewsDamo1962

I like the Championship. There...I've said it 😱😎
Oh well, that’s that then. on 20:20 - Apr 23 with 2153 viewsbaz_qpr

Oh well, that’s that then. on 18:32 - Apr 23 by strikerace

I really can't figure out what happened to our attack. For a good year we were scoring a lot of goals, and from a lot of different positions (not just striker). Then it all just stopped. Its like someone took away our midfield

Yeah but we were conceding them as well. We then "tightened up" and took a lot of one nils.

All seemed to come apart when we finally went a game without scoring.

Also I dont think we can underplay what a loss Dieng has been, Marshall cost us points throwing a few in but Dieng's distribution, communication etc meant the whole team played higher up the pitch
Login to get fewer ads

Oh well, that’s that then. on 20:36 - Apr 23 with 2069 viewscolinallcars

Oh well, that’s that then. on 20:16 - Apr 23 by Damo1962

I quite like it too. As has often been said anyone can beat anyone. If Everton come down to interest bloody Sky that would be great.
All that's needed if the EFL to do something about the reffing standards and eliminate the so called dark arts.
Oh well, that’s that then. on 20:39 - Apr 23 with 2053 viewsJuzzie

This time last year we finished pretty much same points & position and everyone was ecstatic about it.
Oh well, that’s that then. on 20:40 - Apr 23 with 2052 viewsRed_Ranger

Great thread agree with all of the above.

21/22 was a brilliant ride -there were some magic moments. For me, winning at Luton was the highlight .

I love the Championship
Oh well, that’s that then. on 21:12 - Apr 23 with 1942 viewsozranger

Oh well, that’s that then. on 20:40 - Apr 23 by Red_Ranger

Great thread agree with all of the above.

21/22 was a brilliant ride -there were some magic moments. For me, winning at Luton was the highlight .

I love the Championship

Just arrived home a short while ago, though should have been earlier if there was no emergency at Euston to close the underground - and some thought all those police were arriving owing to the QPR fans also making it in from Stoke.

I have missed only five games all season from the beginning of the pre-season (three away and two home). It has been fun. There have many ups and many downs which is what one has when they follow a real football team, not the plastic clubs you see at the top of the PL where it becomes a question of how many goals can they win by and who has spent the most money. Yes, there have been some horrible matches, including today, but to follow this team is something I am proud to be doing and, as I and others have said, it has been quite a fun ride.
Oh well, that’s that then. on 21:16 - Apr 23 with 1926 viewsQPR_John

Oh well, that’s that then. on 20:39 - Apr 23 by Juzzie

This time last year we finished pretty much same points & position and everyone was ecstatic about it.

But then we were on an upwards trend it’s very different now. It’s not where the team is in the league at any given time but the form that got it there
Oh well, that’s that then. on 21:58 - Apr 23 with 1842 viewsCamberleyR

Oh well, that’s that then. on 20:20 - Apr 23 by baz_qpr

Yeah but we were conceding them as well. We then "tightened up" and took a lot of one nils.

All seemed to come apart when we finally went a game without scoring.

Also I dont think we can underplay what a loss Dieng has been, Marshall cost us points throwing a few in but Dieng's distribution, communication etc meant the whole team played higher up the pitch

Agree. I posted ages ago that we'll look back at that dog Gallagher's disgusting late challenge (that he never even got booked for remember) as a pivotal moment in our season.

Seny stays on, we don't lose that game as he surely saves that free kick that Marshall didn't and we get at least a point. He'd just got back into the side after AFCON and we'd picked up four points from the previous two games he'd played. Who knows what sort of run we may have gone on.

People seriously underestimate the effect of what losing a top quality keeper does to a team.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Oh well, that’s that then. on 22:16 - Apr 23 with 1787 viewsLongsufferingR

No VAR, no 6-0 drubbings, no £900 season tickets, and we can be competitive again next year. There are some positives even though we've not lasted the pace.
Oh well, that’s that then. on 22:16 - Apr 23 with 1783 viewsthame_hoops

Playing in the championship and semi-competing, or getting promoted to the Premier League and getting beaten every week like Norwich. I know what I would prefer.
Oh well, that’s that then. on 22:41 - Apr 23 with 1688 viewsozexile

Yeah I don't mind it but the club's accountant doesn't and I'm not sure how long the owners will keep propping us up tbh.
Oh well, that’s that then. on 23:05 - Apr 23 with 1603 viewsNorthantsHoop

As some previous contributors have said, I like the Championship as well. We don't yet have that extra bit of quality and consistency required to make a challenge for promotion and probably in our heart of heart's we knew that. It is not really our away form that has been the trouble it is our home form. Warburton has given us I think a much better consistent win ratio away from home in his time with the club, but we have since coming back down in 2015 been throwing games away at home. Even this season look at results let go at home, Barnsley, Millwall, Bristol City, Forest Stoke, Bournemouth, Swansea, Middlesborough, Hull, Cardiff, Peterborough and Fulham, half our home matches. Take out better teams, Forest, Bournemouth, Fulham and Boro results that is 8 winnable games where we only got 4 points.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2022 23:08]
Oh well, that’s that then. on 23:28 - Apr 23 with 1524 viewsHunterhoop

There are also 4 more home games to meet up with mates and have a drink, and 4 more interesting away games.

My mind drifts to who comes up now. Hopefully Plymouth via the play offs and Rotherham hang onto 2nd; it’s a good seat day. Really don’t want Sunderland to go up.
Oh well, that’s that then. on 23:47 - Apr 23 with 1471 viewsRangersw12

Oh well, that’s that then. on 23:28 - Apr 23 by Hunterhoop

There are also 4 more home games to meet up with mates and have a drink, and 4 more interesting away games.

My mind drifts to who comes up now. Hopefully Plymouth via the play offs and Rotherham hang onto 2nd; it’s a good seat day. Really don’t want Sunderland to go up.

Really hoping Plymouth go up

For once it would be nice get Blackpool away at a decent time of the year
Oh well, that’s that then. on 00:20 - Apr 24 with 1373 viewsRs_Holy

It’s the Championship,.. whats not to like 👍
Oh well, that’s that then. on 01:23 - Apr 24 with 1303 viewsDamo1962

Oh well, that’s that then. on 22:16 - Apr 23 by thame_hoops

Playing in the championship and semi-competing, or getting promoted to the Premier League and getting beaten every week like Norwich. I know what I would prefer.

As long as we don't start getting beat every week in the Championship 😉
Oh well, that’s that then. on 01:26 - Apr 24 with 1297 viewsDamo1962

Oh well, that’s that then. on 23:05 - Apr 23 by NorthantsHoop

As some previous contributors have said, I like the Championship as well. We don't yet have that extra bit of quality and consistency required to make a challenge for promotion and probably in our heart of heart's we knew that. It is not really our away form that has been the trouble it is our home form. Warburton has given us I think a much better consistent win ratio away from home in his time with the club, but we have since coming back down in 2015 been throwing games away at home. Even this season look at results let go at home, Barnsley, Millwall, Bristol City, Forest Stoke, Bournemouth, Swansea, Middlesborough, Hull, Cardiff, Peterborough and Fulham, half our home matches. Take out better teams, Forest, Bournemouth, Fulham and Boro results that is 8 winnable games where we only got 4 points.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2022 23:08]

Agree. Our home form has not been that good under Warburton, and that may be the clincher when it comes to renewing his contract. You should be winning more than half your home fixtures, to be really competitive in this division.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024