Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fridays Game 09:28 - Apr 26 with 4131 viewsRs_Holy

Just looked on the tickets page and there's still many available for Friday... Also I'm wondering if a number of season ticket holders will not bother ... I'd imagine the atmosphere will be as flat as a pancake. Imagine how different it could have been with one more victory earlier in the season :(
Fridays Game on 09:34 - Apr 26 with 2958 viewsJuzzie

Earlier in the season was great, that wasn't the problem. It was February onwards where it fell off a cliff. Just a win against Peterborough & Cardiff would have done.
Fridays Game on 09:40 - Apr 26 with 2935 viewsTheChef

Yeah it's a shame, but Sky only have themselves to blame for moving this at such short notice. Not that they give a shit.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Fridays Game on 10:19 - Apr 26 with 2831 viewsHarbour

Last home game of the season should not be held on a Friday night it should always be 3pm on a Saturday. Even the season ending games they have moved to 12.30 which is rubbish. EFL have sold their soul to kin Sky. Given our form falling off a cliff and a Friday night game would not be surprised if a low turnout.
Fridays Game on 10:23 - Apr 26 with 2790 viewsstainrods_elbow

I feel the fans, those who turn up, need to give Warburton and the team the bird, tbh. That Stoke showing and Warburton's limp-wristed response to it (it's all part of our 'learning', apparently) are fully deserving. That's if they can hear us from whichever beach they're on. In all honesty, post-Potteries, why should we supporters bother?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Fridays Game on 10:23 - Apr 26 with 2817 viewsdaveB

group I go with very few of them can make it friday as booked to go Horse Racing on Friday so they could do QPR on the Saturday which has now been ruined.

Atmosphere wise, the place has been absolutely dead for months bar the second half against Blackpool
Fridays Game on 10:27 - Apr 26 with 2803 viewsSK_hoops

Well, I was going to go, but I bought a gig ticket months ago thinking the date was free.
Fridays Game on 10:31 - Apr 26 with 2796 viewsToast_R

Hardly surprising this is it?

It's on bloody Sky again, its on a Friday night where our record of wins is useless and its an absolutely pointless exercise from QPR's point of view. The team have let us down badly over the past couple of months so a lot of us are just bloody sick of it now tbh. Season and dreams ended on Saturday.

And as for Rovers fans thinking QPR will do them a favour.... they should think again.
Waiting for that Sheffield United corner routine to be executed to a tee with Rangers players stuck in another dimension as Westwood waves it into his net again.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2022 11:01]
Fridays Game on 11:02 - Apr 26 with 2656 viewsrobith

Fridays Game on 10:27 - Apr 26 by SK_hoops

Well, I was going to go, but I bought a gig ticket months ago thinking the date was free.

Same
Login to get fewer ads

Fridays Game on 11:08 - Apr 26 with 2631 viewsPunteR

Four of us going. Disappointed we didn't make the playoffs but life goes on.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Fridays Game on 11:17 - Apr 26 with 2606 viewsNorthernr

Usual group in attendance, though I suspect a good half wouldn't be there if it wasn't the last match. Making a day of it, going out for lunch etc.

Absolutely gutted tbh. Even a week ago I thought we'd win at Stoke and set this up for a moderately big night, good atmosphere etc.

Suspect now it will be half full and dead. Sheff Utd, remember, will in the main have booked their trains already for th Saturday date because they only got 3 weeks notice of the move and EMR are absolute pigs about changing them. They're not in great touch, and have the world's worst play-off record anyway. The oppo interview just landed and he says "can't wait for the season to end" so not sure how many they;ll be bringing either.
Fridays Game on 11:58 - Apr 26 with 2458 viewsEastR

Was really looking forward to this in it’s original time slot — last home game, group meet up before and after and, play offs aside, end of season farewells until the first game after the summer
The possibility of a win at SU and still maybe being in with a shout made the Fri night slot bearable. But now that’s gone out the window, and a few people have fallen by the wayside, its turning into a chore.
Best knock off work early and get the beers in to numb the pain

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Fridays Game on 12:07 - Apr 26 with 2418 viewsRangersw12

Not bothering, Stoke on Saturday was the final straw for me

Probably won't even watch it on TV tbh
Fridays Game on 12:13 - Apr 26 with 2391 viewsngbqpr

I actually am (was) really keen to go. For all the recent disappointments, as per another recent thread, I really like this squad - and still wanted to give them a bit of a send off, especially those we may well not see again (eg Barbet, Wallace).

I have a Friday night commitment which simply can't be changed, so that's that. I'd have bust a gut to make the ridiculous Swansea ko time if something had been riding on it...I'd have gone regardless for a 3pm...but the combo of 12.30 / nothing riding on it means I'm not bothering.

That's me done for 2021-22. Cheers Sky.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Fridays Game on 12:26 - Apr 26 with 2350 viewsdaveB

it is amazing how quick we've gone from being desperate to see any sort of live football a year ago to sacking off a game because we've been crap lately. I'm just as guilty of it as everyone else so not meant as a dig
Fridays Game on 12:36 - Apr 26 with 2295 viewsSK_hoops

Fridays Game on 11:02 - Apr 26 by robith

Same

Ride?
Fridays Game on 12:36 - Apr 26 with 2295 viewsNorthernr

Have just knocked out £100 for four Swansea tickets though
Fridays Game on 12:41 - Apr 26 with 2263 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Fridays Game on 10:23 - Apr 26 by stainrods_elbow

I feel the fans, those who turn up, need to give Warburton and the team the bird, tbh. That Stoke showing and Warburton's limp-wristed response to it (it's all part of our 'learning', apparently) are fully deserving. That's if they can hear us from whichever beach they're on. In all honesty, post-Potteries, why should we supporters bother?

Aren't we still in with a chance if we beat them 4-0?

So that'll be one up front from the start, four holding midfielders and passing between the backs for 85 minutes.
Fridays Game on 12:42 - Apr 26 with 2258 viewsstowmarketrange

I’m still on the lookout for a spare adult ticket for the lower loft in exchange for a few beer vouchers if anyone is interested?
Fridays Game on 12:58 - Apr 26 with 2169 viewsR_from_afar

Fridays Game on 10:31 - Apr 26 by Toast_R

Hardly surprising this is it?

It's on bloody Sky again, its on a Friday night where our record of wins is useless and its an absolutely pointless exercise from QPR's point of view. The team have let us down badly over the past couple of months so a lot of us are just bloody sick of it now tbh. Season and dreams ended on Saturday.

And as for Rovers fans thinking QPR will do them a favour.... they should think again.
Waiting for that Sheffield United corner routine to be executed to a tee with Rangers players stuck in another dimension as Westwood waves it into his net again.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2022 11:01]

After the way our hopes built up through the season, only for the wheels to come off in the last few months, I can well understand the mood on here. It's a crushing disappointment.

I want to - respectfully - pick you up on the Sheffield Utd goal from a corner. Whilst the corner routine caught us cold, which is very frustrating, Westwood shouldn't take any of the blame. The shot was fired into a sea of players and took a deflection.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Fridays Game on 12:59 - Apr 26 with 2166 viewslosethedrum

I will be taking the six hour round trip to be there for this ridiculous fixture move.
Having worked weekends for the vast majority of my life i was looking forwards to saturdays 3pm down the Rangers since retirement but we all know how that has played out .
One good thing is that our season didnt die until 23rd April so for the vast majority of time we have had something to play for , lets hope that Dieng , Willock etc are all back fit for next season & that Amos can keep his goal scoring form from this year going .
We have a lot to look forwards to next season , the support home & away in the ground has been very positive in that the fans have rarely got on the players/managers back .
The manager needs to be more attacking & maybe ditch his no shooting from over 22 yards advice as we continue to see many deflected goals elsewhere as a result of these long range efforts .
Fridays Game on 13:09 - Apr 26 with 2119 viewsR_from_afar

Fridays Game on 11:17 - Apr 26 by Northernr

Usual group in attendance, though I suspect a good half wouldn't be there if it wasn't the last match. Making a day of it, going out for lunch etc.

Absolutely gutted tbh. Even a week ago I thought we'd win at Stoke and set this up for a moderately big night, good atmosphere etc.

Suspect now it will be half full and dead. Sheff Utd, remember, will in the main have booked their trains already for th Saturday date because they only got 3 weeks notice of the move and EMR are absolute pigs about changing them. They're not in great touch, and have the world's worst play-off record anyway. The oppo interview just landed and he says "can't wait for the season to end" so not sure how many they;ll be bringing either.

"They're not in great touch, and have the world's worst play-off record anyway. The oppo interview just landed and he says "can't wait for the season to end" so not sure how many they;ll be bringing either".

Wow, just wow! I'd gladly swap places with them. The Blades are in the play-offs, with a three point cushion, and their form in the last five games is the joint best of the teams which can still catch them. OK, they may be poor in the play-offs, but at least they have a chance and hoodoos can be broken, see also Rangers at the City Ground.

I say again: Wow!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Fridays Game on 14:28 - Apr 26 with 1868 viewspaulhoop2

Will this be the 1st year no one invades the pitch ?! Lol

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Fridays Game on 14:58 - Apr 26 with 1777 viewsHayesender

Since I walked out of Stoke, I've been muttering to myself I'm not fcking bothering with Friday.

I'll probably mutter that to myself up until Friday afternoon and go anyway

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Fridays Game on 14:59 - Apr 26 with 1774 viewsPinnerPaul

As I posted previously, even though there is still a slim mathematical chance of us reaching the top 6, I won't be going a few personal/family reasons, but those not withstanding, after the season we've had:- a meaningless game, in all but name, just doesn't do it for me.

I will of course be renewing my ST and not just because its my first 'senior' one!
Fridays Game on 15:02 - Apr 26 with 1754 viewsPinnerPaul

Fridays Game on 12:26 - Apr 26 by daveB

it is amazing how quick we've gone from being desperate to see any sort of live football a year ago to sacking off a game because we've been crap lately. I'm just as guilty of it as everyone else so not meant as a dig

Fair point Dave, amazing how we take normal for granted again so quickly.

I'm as 'Guilty' as you - as above I won't be going.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024