Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done Ukraine in Eurovision 00:15 - May 15 with 5301 viewsbosh67

Deserved winners but well done UK and Sam Ryder for coming second. First UK song in 20 years to be in the top ten and it’s a great song, with a bit of a Freddie Mercury, Queen feel. Usually hate Eurovision but that was good fun, and the Spanish girl… blimey! She got my vote on so many levels!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Well done Ukraine in Eurovision on 00:18 - May 15 with 3855 viewsaston_hoop

Congratulations to them and to us for giving it a proper go.

Spain though, if I didn't live here I'd have voted for her...er for the song I mean

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Well done Ukraine in Eurovision on 00:20 - May 15 with 3840 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I am not sure deserved is right but nice symbolic gesture definitely.
Incredible turnaround for the UK from last years nil point though.
Well done Ukraine in Eurovision on 00:40 - May 15 with 3804 viewsQPsyR

Well done Ukraine in Eurovision on 00:20 - May 15 by CroydonCaptJack

I am not sure deserved is right but nice symbolic gesture definitely.
Incredible turnaround for the UK from last years nil point though.

well done ukraine i did 1 vote for them and 1 for germany lol

Lol the one night I stay in
not that bothered about listening to the songs but i love the scoring
especially now with the public vote and using probabilty theory to work out what they have left.........tho mashed

Oh dear I really should be discussing todays naughty rave party with the latest fiend ;-)
[Post edited 15 May 2022 0:41]

FKA AcidPixie

Well done Ukraine in Eurovision on 01:16 - May 15 with 3747 viewsnumptydumpty

Clearly a sympathy vote for the atrocities but if it wasn't for Putin we would have won.

Never thought UK Would ever be out of the bottom five anymore so nice to see us do well.

Tiktok 12.5 million followers for Sam Ryder before tonite.
The power of social media...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Well done Ukraine in Eurovision on 01:17 - May 15 with 3746 viewsnumptydumpty

Well done Ukraine in Eurovision on 01:16 - May 15 by numptydumpty

Clearly a sympathy vote for the atrocities but if it wasn't for Putin we would have won.

Never thought UK Would ever be out of the bottom five anymore so nice to see us do well.

Can loftforwords be considered as a social media outlet too !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Well done Ukraine in Eurovision on 01:38 - May 15 with 3718 viewsQPsyR

Well done Ukraine in Eurovision on 01:16 - May 15 by numptydumpty

they were good and in a normal year we may have won...but was a good nite for the uk

Who do you think you are kidding mr putin (CNT)

This is a tune tho iniit n its sayurday

FKA AcidPixie

Well done Ukraine in Eurovision on 01:57 - May 15 with 3692 viewsGaryT

Ukraine winning the tele vote was a forgone conclusion and with Russia being banned, you'd hope the drip drip drip of worldwide support for Ukraine will seep through to the Russian people who still believe what their state run media tells them.

My son was pissed that the UK song didn't win but the show of support from the European people to Ukraine is far more important than winning a song contest. So congrats to Ukraine, I hope they'll be able to host it next year but the song was just OK, I preferred their entry last year.
Well done Ukraine in Eurovision on 08:55 - May 15 with 3408 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Well done Ukraine in Eurovision on 01:57 - May 15 by GaryT

Ukraine winning the tele vote was a forgone conclusion and with Russia being banned, you'd hope the drip drip drip of worldwide support for Ukraine will seep through to the Russian people who still believe what their state run media tells them.

My son was pissed that the UK song didn't win but the show of support from the European people to Ukraine is far more important than winning a song contest. So congrats to Ukraine, I hope they'll be able to host it next year but the song was just OK, I preferred their entry last year.

The UK was robbed of victory by virtue signaling. Personally I thought the Ukraine song was great, unashamedly full on retro slavic imagery some of it even pagan and sung in their mother tongue with passion. Did it 'deserve' to win in a shambolic competition that's always had political undertones? Probably not, and if mad Vlad hadn't invaded Ukraine it wouldn't have won in a million years, but that's the telephone vote for you.
[Post edited 15 May 2022 8:56]
Login to get fewer ads

Well done Ukraine in Eurovision on 09:39 - May 15 with 3298 viewsSonofpugwash

Yeah like anybody is surprised.The only good thing about the whole bollox is that the bookies got a right kicking.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Well done Ukraine in Eurovision on 09:51 - May 15 with 3220 viewsThe_Beast1976

Well done Ukraine in Eurovision on 01:57 - May 15 by GaryT

"the Russian people who still believe what their state run media tells them". No different to the people in the 'West' who still believe what their privately run, propagandist media motivated by self-interest tells them, and who think and do as they are told? Just listen to the BBC this morning - its nonstop crowing about how this is brilliant for Ukraine and one in the eye for Russia. It's comical. How can anyone really believe this nonsense?

I'm sure the Russian people will not take a blind bit of notice of a wholly contrived Eurovision Song Contest result. It's nothing but info wars to get the masses in the 'West' onside for its aggressive proxy war against Russia (if the 'West' just went to war with Russia there'd be outrage amongst the masses, so they've just used Ukraine to do it far more discreetly). Neither side (neither the 'West' nor Russia) is right, and we should all be rounding on our governments, not supporting their pursuit of self-interest (on both sides). Ukraine's people (but not Zelensky, who is an absolute tool and working for the West) are the poor ones caught in the middle of all this crap through no fault of their own and with nothing to gain and everything to lose from it all.

Money. It's all about money. Lending vast amounts of money ($$$$ trillions) in return for interest, gaining control of natural resources (worth $$$$$ trillions), and selling weapons (again, worth $$$$$ trillions). Nothing more, nothing less. But, sadly, it's always been this way throughout history I guess, with the proletariat being very easily led into thinking the establishment are acting in their interests (when, in fact, nothing could be further from the truth)
[Post edited 15 May 2022 11:33]
Well done Ukraine in Eurovision on 11:19 - May 15 with 3102 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

A nice gesture.

Would have been a interesting moral conundrum if Israel had qualified.
Well done Ukraine in Eurovision on 11:29 - May 15 with 3080 viewsHantsR

Russia won Eurovision! - I read it in Pravda
Well done Ukraine in Eurovision on 11:32 - May 15 with 3064 viewsDannyPaddox

I’ve always wondered why The Vatican never have an entry for the Eurovision Song Contest. (Maybe they do. I haven’t watched it for a long time) An apt band name would be D:Frocked.
Well done Ukraine in Eurovision on 11:33 - May 15 with 3057 viewsdistortR

Well done Ukraine in Eurovision on 11:19 - May 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

A nice gesture.

Would have been a interesting moral conundrum if Israel had qualified.

Paul Bearer and the Beaters?
Well done Ukraine in Eurovision on 11:50 - May 15 with 3007 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Well done Ukraine in Eurovision on 11:32 - May 15 by DannyPaddox

I’ve always wondered why The Vatican never have an entry for the Eurovision Song Contest. (Maybe they do. I haven’t watched it for a long time) An apt band name would be D:Frocked.

It would definitely be in D Minor.
Well done Ukraine in Eurovision on 12:04 - May 15 with 2994 viewsGaryT

"I'm sure the Russian people will not take a blind bit of notice of a wholly contrived Eurovision Song Contest result.

Why wouldn't they? They are being told they are the good guys on a humanitarian mission so surely the rest of Europe and the World is cheering them on, no? They have no independent media so the only thing they see is their state TV/press and radio where as we have many outlets to find out what's really going on. It's just a token gesture, a smoking gun but if it makes some of them ask "If we are the good guys, why is all of Europe supporting Ukraine?" then that's good enough for me.

The Swamp is all consuming and will never be drained (just look at the dark money Scheme to control the US Supreme court) so being angry at a public show of support for a country that's being attacked by a superpower is a waste of your energy. As for the US/EU proxy war against Russia, I don't see an inch of land being taken from the Russians so it doesn't look like it to me but that's just my opinion without doing a deep dive into it.
[Post edited 15 May 2022 12:14]
Well done Ukraine in Eurovision on 12:07 - May 15 with 2986 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

To be fair, whether you agree or not with it, the majority of the world population wise are either indifferent or cheering them on according to UN votes.

Sorry to deviate away from the topic.

[Post edited 15 May 2022 12:25]
Well done Ukraine in Eurovision on 12:16 - May 15 with 2942 viewsPunteR

Please make it stop. What an absolute farce.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Well done Ukraine in Eurovision on 12:38 - May 15 with 2903 viewsGaryT

Well done Ukraine in Eurovision on 12:07 - May 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

To be fair, whether you agree or not with it, the majority of the world population wise are either indifferent or cheering them on according to UN votes.

Sorry to deviate away from the topic.

[Post edited 15 May 2022 12:25]

I think if there was a definition of disingenuous it would link to this post. Firstly, India and China account for over a third of the worlds population so any grouping with those two in it will be heavily swayed. Secondly, the people and the people's governments are very different things. Very hard to poll the entire worlds population but I doubt the majority of the people in China and India support Russians war whereas, for whatever reasons, their leaders do. Anyway, I'm sure Clive would prefer if we stuck to discussing Chel*ea and our next manager so I'll sign off from this thread.
Well done Ukraine in Eurovision on 12:49 - May 15 with 2883 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Well done Ukraine in Eurovision on 12:38 - May 15 by GaryT

I think if there was a definition of disingenuous it would link to this post. Firstly, India and China account for over a third of the worlds population so any grouping with those two in it will be heavily swayed. Secondly, the people and the people's governments are very different things. Very hard to poll the entire worlds population but I doubt the majority of the people in China and India support Russians war whereas, for whatever reasons, their leaders do. Anyway, I'm sure Clive would prefer if we stuck to discussing Chel*ea and our next manager so I'll sign off from this thread.

Really wasn’t being disingenuous. Sorry you feel that way. I am not defending Russia.

I was just pointing out there is a world outside the West that have different political influences and priorities and it would be wise of us to consider that, whether right or wrong.

Not appropriate for LfW granted.
Well done Ukraine in Eurovision on 13:20 - May 15 with 2823 viewsbosh67

Well done Ukraine in Eurovision on 12:49 - May 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

Really wasn’t being disingenuous. Sorry you feel that way. I am not defending Russia.

I was just pointing out there is a world outside the West that have different political influences and priorities and it would be wise of us to consider that, whether right or wrong.

Not appropriate for LfW granted.

Wasn't Disin Genuous on loan with us a few seasons ago?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Well done Ukraine in Eurovision on 14:00 - May 15 with 2769 viewsThe_Beast1976

Well done Ukraine in Eurovision on 12:04 - May 15 by GaryT

"I'm sure the Russian people will not take a blind bit of notice of a wholly contrived Eurovision Song Contest result.

Why wouldn't they? They are being told they are the good guys on a humanitarian mission so surely the rest of Europe and the World is cheering them on, no? They have no independent media so the only thing they see is their state TV/press and radio where as we have many outlets to find out what's really going on. It's just a token gesture, a smoking gun but if it makes some of them ask "If we are the good guys, why is all of Europe supporting Ukraine?" then that's good enough for me.

The Swamp is all consuming and will never be drained (just look at the dark money Scheme to control the US Supreme court) so being angry at a public show of support for a country that's being attacked by a superpower is a waste of your energy. As for the US/EU proxy war against Russia, I don't see an inch of land being taken from the Russians so it doesn't look like it to me but that's just my opinion without doing a deep dive into it.
[Post edited 15 May 2022 12:14]

Good post, albeit that I respectfully disagree with some of it.

As for "I don't see an inch of land being taken from the Russians", we'll see if that remains true in due course I guess. However, "The Swamp is all consuming and will never be drained (just look at the dark money Scheme to control the US Supreme court)" is undoubtedly true
Well done Ukraine in Eurovision on 14:05 - May 15 with 2762 viewsPaddyhoops

Well done Ukraine in Eurovision on 11:33 - May 15 by distortR

Paul Bearer and the Beaters?

The government of Israel staying classy.
Well done Ukraine in Eurovision on 14:09 - May 15 with 2754 viewsNorthernr

So, Spain's entry...
Well done Ukraine in Eurovision on 14:18 - May 15 with 2741 viewsSonofpugwash

It's all like a revamped Top Of The Pops,poseurs thrashing about miming and flailing guitars that aren't even fckin' plugged in.A background waterfall effect that made me want to go for a slash every five minutes.
That's four hours of my life I'll never get back again.
As an antidote there appeared later on Jools Holland some proppa geetar work in the shape of Joe Bonamassa.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024