Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jubilee 13:50 - Jun 2 with 11025 viewsSonofpugwash

Anybody going to bother?

Wasn't me guv,honest.

https://www.cambrian-news.co.uk/news/council-removes-distasteful-tribute-to-quee

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Jubilee on 11:58 - Jun 3 with 1424 viewskropotkin41

Jubilee on 11:48 - Jun 3 by Rangersw12

There are far bigger problems in this country than the Royal Family

The cost of the Royal Family is nothing compared to the money given to the Government's "mates" in contracts and alleged back handers

You're not wrong. However, this thread is about reactions to the Jubilee. So far I haven't gate crashed and ruined a single street party.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Jubilee on 12:00 - Jun 3 with 1408 viewsGloryHunter

" . . . the cost [to the taxpayer] of maintaining the Royal Family have been rising in recent years, with dramatic increases recorded in 2019 and 2021. The latest accounts show that the monarchy cost £87.5 million in 2021"

https://www.statista.com/chart/18569/total-cost-of-the-uks-royal-family-by-year/
Jubilee on 12:02 - Jun 3 with 1395 viewsLadbrokeR

Jubilee on 07:22 - Jun 3 by Lblock

Great to see lots more houses decked out in UJ’s etc this morning

Praying to the sun Gods now for even a half decent weekend of weather

This is satire surely
Jubilee on 12:09 - Jun 3 with 1366 viewsjoe90

Jubilee on 10:33 - Jun 3 by Ranger_Things

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/harry-and-meghan-the-union-of-tw

“Having a monarchy next door is a little like having a neighbour who’s really into clowns and has daubed their house with clown murals, displays clown dolls in each window and has an insatiable desire to hear about and discuss clown-related news stories. More specifically, for the Irish, it’s like having a neighbour who’s really into clowns and, also, your grandfather was murdered by a clown…”

I’d love read the equivalent version on having the Vatican ‘next door’. The Irish are known for their good humour.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2022 13:32]
Jubilee on 12:11 - Jun 3 with 1361 viewshubble

Such a shame Andrew has been unable to join in with the celebrations.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Jubilee on 12:14 - Jun 3 with 1345 viewsLadbrokeR

Jubilee on 12:11 - Jun 3 by hubble

Its all about the optics
Jubilee on 12:18 - Jun 3 with 1339 viewsngbqpr

Jubilee on 10:29 - Jun 3 by paulparker

Spot on
The Union Jack imo is one of the greatest flags on earth great to see so many
To all those “republicans” and miserable sods perhaps you should of gone to work
I had a great day yesterday and it was refreshing to see so many people embracing the day also
GSTQ!!!

I'm a republican (no " " needed).

I'm not a miserable sod, but like anyone, some things p*ss me off more than others. The ongoing existence of hereditary power being one; money lavished on 'celebrating' said power that could be put to so much better use elsewhere being another.

I did go to work, and am at work today as well.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Jubilee on 12:22 - Jun 3 with 1320 viewsRanger_Things

Jubilee on 12:11 - Jun 3 by hubble

Yep, the Queen's favourite son tested positive for paedophilia.
Login to get fewer ads

Jubilee on 12:26 - Jun 3 with 1308 viewsGloryHunter

Jubilee on 12:22 - Jun 3 by Ranger_Things

Yep, the Queen's favourite son tested positive for paedophilia.

Jubilee on 12:57 - Jun 3 with 1234 viewsLblock

As noted on page one of this thread….. no surprises here at all.

Standard approach.
Usual people.
Repetitive agenda.

I’ve been invited to a neighbouring street party just now and as the old walking not too bad I’m really happy to be popping along. Be nice to meet some new neighbours, have a chat, raise a glass to good old Madge and avoid the fun vacuums and embittered political posturing tvvats who’ll be a million miles from such a celebration (one would hope)

Happy and Glorious

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Jubilee on 13:13 - Jun 3 with 1187 viewspaulparker

Jubilee on 10:33 - Jun 3 by Ranger_Things

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/harry-and-meghan-the-union-of-tw

“Having a monarchy next door is a little like having a neighbour who’s really into clowns and has daubed their house with clown murals, displays clown dolls in each window and has an insatiable desire to hear about and discuss clown-related news stories. More specifically, for the Irish, it’s like having a neighbour who’s really into clowns and, also, your grandfather was murdered by a clown…”

How witty

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Jubilee on 13:29 - Jun 3 with 1148 viewspaulparker

Jubilee on 12:57 - Jun 3 by Lblock

As noted on page one of this thread….. no surprises here at all.

Standard approach.
Usual people.
Repetitive agenda.

I’ve been invited to a neighbouring street party just now and as the old walking not too bad I’m really happy to be popping along. Be nice to meet some new neighbours, have a chat, raise a glass to good old Madge and avoid the fun vacuums and embittered political posturing tvvats who’ll be a million miles from such a celebration (one would hope)

Happy and Glorious

Going to a friends street party later , should be good as he has asked me to be in charge of the music , il educate them on the best tunes ever made

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Jubilee on 14:01 - Jun 3 with 1067 viewskropotkin41

There's been quite a lot of nastiness on this thread, pretty much mostly directed at those of us not joining in the celebration. This is a bit of a shame, and I guess we can draw our own conclusions.
Here's the thing though, as previously noted: this is a thread about reactions to the Jubilee. If what you want is everyone saying the same thing and agreeing with whatever position you're comfortable with then may I respectfully suggest you don't come to this site for it.
We know that this is a diverse site, and there's always an interesting exchange of views. Shame it turns out to be the royalists who can't help metaphorically sticking two fingers up at people who dare to disagree with them.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Jubilee on 14:11 - Jun 3 with 1036 viewsLblock

Jubilee on 14:01 - Jun 3 by kropotkin41

There's been quite a lot of nastiness on this thread, pretty much mostly directed at those of us not joining in the celebration. This is a bit of a shame, and I guess we can draw our own conclusions.
Here's the thing though, as previously noted: this is a thread about reactions to the Jubilee. If what you want is everyone saying the same thing and agreeing with whatever position you're comfortable with then may I respectfully suggest you don't come to this site for it.
We know that this is a diverse site, and there's always an interesting exchange of views. Shame it turns out to be the royalists who can't help metaphorically sticking two fingers up at people who dare to disagree with them.

Have you actually re-read this thread?

If you have / do and still think the position of this post you’ve just made is correct (unless made with sarcasm) then you’re either deranged, have a persecution complex or have finally eaten yourself.
The only digging out or nasty barbed comments here come from the ever conspicuous virtue signallers who populate this board. Like a pack they gather at the slightest wolf cry and constantly try to impose their views and spin a bit of politics into anything and everything.

As stated - it really was no surprise and the cast list no change.
I’m leaving it there as I promised myself on returning here I’d not engage in spat’s again - I was terribly guilty of this before.

I’d recommend some self awareness

GSTQ

Jubilee on 14:25 - Jun 3 with 999 viewsSonofpugwash

Jubilee on 14:54 - Jun 3 with 932 viewsngbqpr

Jubilee on 14:11 - Jun 3 by Lblock

Have you actually re-read this thread?

If you have / do and still think the position of this post you’ve just made is correct (unless made with sarcasm) then you’re either deranged, have a persecution complex or have finally eaten yourself.
The only digging out or nasty barbed comments here come from the ever conspicuous virtue signallers who populate this board. Like a pack they gather at the slightest wolf cry and constantly try to impose their views and spin a bit of politics into anything and everything.

As stated - it really was no surprise and the cast list no change.
I’m leaving it there as I promised myself on returning here I’d not engage in spat’s again - I was terribly guilty of this before.

I’d recommend some self awareness

GSTQ

Oh come on, you've enjoyed stirring the hornet's nest.

In what parallel universe is "avoid the fun vacuums and embittered political posturing tvvats" not digging out those who don't share your views on the jubilee?

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Jubilee on 14:55 - Jun 3 with 931 viewsQPR_John

Jubilee on 22:14 - Jun 2 by easthertsr

A terrible president can be voted out, a terrible monarch you are stuck with until they die a republic is where the head of state is elected it's called a democracy!
[Post edited 2 Jun 2022 22:18]

Do those who advocate a democratically elected head of state actually think about what it means rather than simply I don’t want an hereditary head of state
Jubilee on 15:02 - Jun 3 with 892 viewsQPR_John

Jubilee on 09:22 - Jun 3 by dmm

Why? The data we have tells us all we need to know to shame the UK into doing a great deal more to address poverty. The United Nations certainly thinks so: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/un-report-uk-poverty-austerity-g

Yes the UN who seem able to talk a good talk but when it comes to as an example one state invading another are pretty useless
Jubilee on 15:05 - Jun 3 with 883 viewsLblock

Jubilee on 14:54 - Jun 3 by ngbqpr

Oh come on, you've enjoyed stirring the hornet's nest.

In what parallel universe is "avoid the fun vacuums and embittered political posturing tvvats" not digging out those who don't share your views on the jubilee?

Count ‘em out and count ‘em in Nick

That’s on page 4 BTW after three pages of??????

All the best X

Jubilee on 15:07 - Jun 3 with 877 viewsngbqpr

Jubilee on 13:29 - Jun 3 by paulparker

Going to a friends street party later , should be good as he has asked me to be in charge of the music , il educate them on the best tunes ever made

I'll take you down, deep down where nonce lives

Jubilee on 15:08 - Jun 3 with 874 viewsngbqpr

Jubilee on 15:05 - Jun 3 by Lblock

Count ‘em out and count ‘em in Nick

That’s on page 4 BTW after three pages of??????

All the best X

Still at work atm mate ;)

Jubilee on 15:12 - Jun 3 with 848 viewsSonofpugwash

I knew it....

https://scontent.fbrs4-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/285902499_5604564762920207_

Jubilee on 15:16 - Jun 3 with 836 viewsRangersw12

Jubilee on 11:58 - Jun 3 by kropotkin41

You're not wrong. However, this thread is about reactions to the Jubilee. So far I haven't gate crashed and ruined a single street party.

I think the reaction around the country has been fantastic

Lots of street parties round my way and good to see massive crowds in the centre of London
Jubilee on 15:21 - Jun 3 with 823 viewsMick_S

If you are easily offended, don’t click on this:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0fLtLtBUrk78P5yO4cd3f7EOw

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Jubilee on 15:23 - Jun 3 with 814 viewsdmm

Jubilee on 15:02 - Jun 3 by QPR_John

Yes the UN who seem able to talk a good talk but when it comes to as an example one state invading another are pretty useless

I wouldn't disagree with you on that issue, John. But the report I linked to must be unique for a '1st world' country. What an embarrassment. And, of course, things have only got worse since.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024