Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jubilee 13:50 - Jun 2 with 11028 viewsSonofpugwash

Anybody going to bother?

Wasn't me guv,honest.

https://www.cambrian-news.co.uk/news/council-removes-distasteful-tribute-to-quee

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Jubilee on 23:10 - Jun 2 with 1611 viewsdigswellhoop

if you dont agree go to work
Jubilee on 01:32 - Jun 3 with 1455 viewsSharpy36

Jubilee on 21:51 - Jun 2 by dmm

The often used justification that the Royals earn the country money is highly dubious and actually without proper evidence. It's almost certain they cost us money such as the £28 million the government is forking out for the Jubilee celebrations.

With tourism, the attractions people come to see belong to the nation and would still exist if the monarchy was abolished.

So no Royal family, there would be no, Buckingham palace, Kensington palace, Windsor castle, Hever castle, Leeds castle, Tower of London etc etc. Where would these tourists flock to that bring in an estimated 16 billion a year ?

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Jubilee on 01:35 - Jun 3 with 1451 viewsSharpy36

Jubilee on 14:25 - Jun 2 by kropotkin41

Nope. Fill in your own rant here. I just deleted mine.

4.5m kids in poverty in these countries of ours. 2.5m people using foodbanks. Old ladies riding buses to save on heating. I call this nationalist party shameless, and I wouldn't cross the street to p*ss on a member of the Royal Family if they were on fire.

Enjoy the long weekend, all.

Stop talking sh1te.

So 1 in 3(less) kids in the UK is in poverty ?.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Jubilee on 04:25 - Jun 3 with 1403 viewsderbyhoop

Travelling back from Aus today but friends in France have organised something for 2moro.

Can't say I'm fussed. Great achievement for QEII but I'm indifferent to monarchy. Extremely wealthy people I'm never likely to meet.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Jubilee on 07:22 - Jun 3 with 1334 viewsLblock

Great to see lots more houses decked out in UJ’s etc this morning

Praying to the sun Gods now for even a half decent weekend of weather

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Jubilee on 07:24 - Jun 3 with 1327 viewsSydneyRs

Nothing against it, but not particularly interested.
Jubilee on 07:25 - Jun 3 with 1318 viewsdmm

Jubilee on 01:32 - Jun 3 by Sharpy36

So no Royal family, there would be no, Buckingham palace, Kensington palace, Windsor castle, Hever castle, Leeds castle, Tower of London etc etc. Where would these tourists flock to that bring in an estimated 16 billion a year ?

Where would tourists go, you ask? They'd continue to visit the top tourist attractions of which those you mention are not a part.
Jubilee on 07:43 - Jun 3 with 1298 viewsSydneyRs

You hear this a lot, which is why nobody visits the Palace of Versailles any more and people can't be bothered with the Coliseum because there's no actual ancient Romans or Emperors about etc.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2022 7:45]
Login to get fewer ads

Jubilee on 08:25 - Jun 3 with 1216 viewsQPR_Jim

Jubilee on 07:24 - Jun 3 by SydneyRs

Nothing against it, but not particularly interested.

This about sums it up, I think QE2 has done her country proud, think she's been a great representative of the country. But I'm not bothered about trooping of the colour, fly pasts, bell ringing or photos of her and her family watching all of this. I'm also not bothered about putting up flags, bunting or attending any local events, nothing against those that do and fair play to those that put the effort in to organise the events.
Jubilee on 08:33 - Jun 3 with 1202 viewsSK_hoops

Jubilee on 08:25 - Jun 3 by QPR_Jim

This about sums it up, I think QE2 has done her country proud, think she's been a great representative of the country. But I'm not bothered about trooping of the colour, fly pasts, bell ringing or photos of her and her family watching all of this. I'm also not bothered about putting up flags, bunting or attending any local events, nothing against those that do and fair play to those that put the effort in to organise the events.

Even a staunch anti - monarchist would have to admit deep down that the fly past was brilliant. I had pretty much front row seats and enjoyed every second of it.
Jubilee on 08:37 - Jun 3 with 1191 viewskropotkin41

Jubilee on 01:35 - Jun 3 by Sharpy36

Stop talking sh1te.

So 1 in 3(less) kids in the UK is in poverty ?.

https://www.jrf.org.uk/data/overall-uk-poverty-rates

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Jubilee on 09:11 - Jun 3 with 1141 viewscolinallcars

Jubilee on 08:37 - Jun 3 by kropotkin41

https://www.jrf.org.uk/data/overall-uk-poverty-rates

We need a fundamentally more accurate definition of the word poverty.
Jubilee on 09:22 - Jun 3 with 1121 viewsdmm

Jubilee on 09:11 - Jun 3 by colinallcars

Why? The data we have tells us all we need to know to shame the UK into doing a great deal more to address poverty. The United Nations certainly thinks so: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/un-report-uk-poverty-austerity-g
Jubilee on 09:51 - Jun 3 with 1072 viewskropotkin41

Jubilee on 09:11 - Jun 3 by colinallcars

We might indeed define poverty more expansively. All that's going to do though is show more general impoverishment beyond the realm of income. You could of course choose to define people out of poverty to make yourself feel better, that would fit with the modus operandi of the UK PM anyway. "What's that, skipping meals so your kids can eat? You're not in poverty, you're in an opportunity for life improvement demographic."

Let's look at it this way, if when I was a kid someone had suggested to my parents that within a few decades millions of people would be using food banks, they'd have been incredulous, and ashamed. We should all be ashamed that we've let it reach this state, and I'm sorry, but the thought of bunting, jelly and ice cream, and books about the Queen for the kids (£12m on that btw), makes me feel physically sick.

Jubilee on 10:00 - Jun 3 with 1046 viewsNed_Kennedys

Jubilee on 09:51 - Jun 3 by kropotkin41

We might indeed define poverty more expansively. All that's going to do though is show more general impoverishment beyond the realm of income. You could of course choose to define people out of poverty to make yourself feel better, that would fit with the modus operandi of the UK PM anyway. "What's that, skipping meals so your kids can eat? You're not in poverty, you're in an opportunity for life improvement demographic."

Let's look at it this way, if when I was a kid someone had suggested to my parents that within a few decades millions of people would be using food banks, they'd have been incredulous, and ashamed. We should all be ashamed that we've let it reach this state, and I'm sorry, but the thought of bunting, jelly and ice cream, and books about the Queen for the kids (£12m on that btw), makes me feel physically sick.

I bet you are fun at parties.
Jubilee on 10:10 - Jun 3 with 1008 viewskropotkin41

Jubilee on 10:00 - Jun 3 by Ned_Kennedys

I bet you are fun at parties.

No-one has ever accused me of treating life as if it were a popularity contest. I don't get invited to many parties, especially not street parties with Butcher's Apron bunting.

Jubilee on 10:29 - Jun 3 with 960 viewspaulparker

Jubilee on 07:22 - Jun 3 by Lblock

Great to see lots more houses decked out in UJ’s etc this morning

Praying to the sun Gods now for even a half decent weekend of weather

Spot on
The Union Jack imo is one of the greatest flags on earth great to see so many
To all those “republicans” and miserable sods perhaps you should of gone to work
I had a great day yesterday and it was refreshing to see so many people embracing the day also
GSTQ!!!

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Jubilee on 10:33 - Jun 3 with 945 viewsRanger_Things

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/harry-and-meghan-the-union-of-tw

“Having a monarchy next door is a little like having a neighbour who’s really into clowns and has daubed their house with clown murals, displays clown dolls in each window and has an insatiable desire to hear about and discuss clown-related news stories. More specifically, for the Irish, it’s like having a neighbour who’s really into clowns and, also, your grandfather was murdered by a clown…”
Jubilee on 10:37 - Jun 3 with 937 viewsWokingR

After the last couple of years this is an opportunity to celebrate a fantastic achievement, whether you like the monarchy or not, and to feel a real sense of pride in our country.
If you want to moan, criticise or drag politics into it, at the expense of others enjoyment like those idiots lying in the road in front of the soldiers, then that probably says more about you.
Jubilee on 10:39 - Jun 3 with 931 viewscolinallcars

Relative Deprivation may be a more apt term than Poverty.
Jubilee on 10:43 - Jun 3 with 925 viewsfrancisbowles

I made a mistake there, upvoted when I meant to down vote.

Hitler, Mugabe, Amin, Hussein, Franco, Mussolini, Ceausescu, Salazer, The Greek colonels just a small selection of 20th century heads of state.

I'd rather we have what we have and I don't want to support President's Park Rangers with or without the apostrophe.
Jubilee on 11:05 - Jun 3 with 891 viewsLandshark

This is exactly it. I am no royalist but the Royal Family is so popular outside of the UK, people have a fascination with them which I can't fully comprehend. I live in outside of the UK now in another European country and the British Royal Family are front page news in the generic magazines all the time, it's bonkers. The Royal Family bring in more positives than negatives for me.
Jubilee on 11:16 - Jun 3 with 861 viewskensalriser

Totally vile and ostentatious celebration of inherited wealth, privilege and institutionalised theft.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Jubilee on 11:33 - Jun 3 with 817 viewsLblock

Jubilee on 10:37 - Jun 3 by WokingR

After the last couple of years this is an opportunity to celebrate a fantastic achievement, whether you like the monarchy or not, and to feel a real sense of pride in our country.
If you want to moan, criticise or drag politics into it, at the expense of others enjoyment like those idiots lying in the road in front of the soldiers, then that probably says more about you.

Spot on.

Any cuddly toy from the top shelf for that man

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Jubilee on 11:48 - Jun 3 with 782 viewsRangersw12

There are far bigger problems in this country than the Royal Family

The cost of the Royal Family is nothing compared to the money given to the Government's "mates" in contracts and alleged back handers
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024