Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jubilee 13:50 - Jun 2 with 11027 viewsSonofpugwash

Anybody going to bother?

Wasn't me guv,honest.

https://www.cambrian-news.co.uk/news/council-removes-distasteful-tribute-to-quee

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Jubilee on 19:34 - Jun 2 with 1566 viewsQPR_John

Jubilee on 15:53 - Jun 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

No one has said this.

OK
Jubilee on 19:44 - Jun 2 with 1542 viewsToast_R

Oh have a day off will ya?

I've made a cake, got some bunting and bought a load of real ale. An excuse to spend time with the family and close friends for one day and celebrate something quite unique. You miserable lot can wallow if you like.
Jubilee on 20:10 - Jun 2 with 1480 viewsSonofpugwash

The food banks were closed today.
How perfectly patriotic of them,how we all cheered.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Jubilee on 20:10 - Jun 2 with 1481 viewsjoe90

No problem with the Queen. Would rather have her than a president.

That said, I believe we will eventually become a republic. I really can’t see how the Royal Family can survive after Lizzy dies. Charles and William just do not carry the same respect. Whether or not you like the Royal Family, the fact is the Queen is respected around the world, in a way her family and the wider institution isn’t. Once she goes, that’s it.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2022 22:49]
Jubilee on 20:25 - Jun 2 with 1447 viewsLblock

Jubilee on 18:54 - Jun 2 by stevec

God save the Queen.

In 1977 I was more interested in the sex pistols but 45 years on I fully appreciate our Monarchy.

Why? Because we can all guess the alternative. Some on here would love it but do you really think we need a President Blair, Johnson or Khan, because that’s what we’d get in it’s place, another layer of bloody politics.

Anyway, got to get away, the son in law has set up the beer tent for the street party and I’m going to get pissed.

Enjoy fella

God Save the Queen and all her Park Rangers

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Jubilee on 21:01 - Jun 2 with 1374 viewsizlingtonhoop

Jubilee on 20:25 - Jun 2 by Lblock

Enjoy fella

God Save the Queen and all her Park Rangers

And that's the irony, for all we republicans
Jubilee on 21:25 - Jun 2 with 1323 viewsCiderwithRsie

Here's a thought everybody:

If you can't stand the royal family, fine, do something else.

If you want to cover your house with bunting, also fine.
Jubilee on 21:35 - Jun 2 with 1301 viewsdigswellhoop

you are a compkete tw8t they bring in more money than you can imagine WE DO POMP AND CEROMANY THAN ANYOTHER COUNTRY
Login to get fewer ads

Jubilee on 21:37 - Jun 2 with 1291 viewsRanger_Things

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/jubilee-prince-andre
Jubilee on 21:39 - Jun 2 with 1288 viewsdigswellhoop

i have an autistic son awife whos had 2 brain haemorrhages two cancer scares if had 2 life changing episodes
they keep me going
Jubilee on 21:50 - Jun 2 with 1276 viewsMetallica_Hoop

The fly past was fantastic.

I'm a monachist with a small m.

Which means I love the history and the gravitas that goes with it.

What would you replace it with? President Blair? President.....

I'll stick with what we have.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Jubilee on 21:51 - Jun 2 with 1271 viewsdmm

Jubilee on 21:35 - Jun 2 by digswellhoop

you are a compkete tw8t they bring in more money than you can imagine WE DO POMP AND CEROMANY THAN ANYOTHER COUNTRY

The often used justification that the Royals earn the country money is highly dubious and actually without proper evidence. It's almost certain they cost us money such as the £28 million the government is forking out for the Jubilee celebrations.

With tourism, the attractions people come to see belong to the nation and would still exist if the monarchy was abolished.
Jubilee on 21:56 - Jun 2 with 1258 viewsSuffolk

I can only see losers in this subject.I would be surprised if anyone is getting any great sense of satisfaction from their post.
Jubilee on 21:57 - Jun 2 with 1253 viewsLblock

Beacon just lit in the park very close to us…. Lovely to hear the cheering and happy people going by our house.
Gutted couldn’t get to that in person.

Great footage of the fly past and that was really nice to catch some of the approaches live as they flew to the back of our house in the distance

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Jubilee on 22:05 - Jun 2 with 1226 viewsdigswellhoop

NUMPTY
Jubilee on 22:14 - Jun 2 with 1206 viewseasthertsr

Jubilee on 18:54 - Jun 2 by stevec

God save the Queen.

In 1977 I was more interested in the sex pistols but 45 years on I fully appreciate our Monarchy.

Why? Because we can all guess the alternative. Some on here would love it but do you really think we need a President Blair, Johnson or Khan, because that’s what we’d get in it’s place, another layer of bloody politics.

Anyway, got to get away, the son in law has set up the beer tent for the street party and I’m going to get pissed.

A terrible president can be voted out, a terrible monarch you are stuck with until they die a republic is where the head of state is elected it's called a democracy!
[Post edited 2 Jun 2022 22:18]
Jubilee on 22:19 - Jun 2 with 1187 viewsstowmarketrange

Jubilee on 22:14 - Jun 2 by easthertsr

A terrible president can be voted out, a terrible monarch you are stuck with until they die a republic is where the head of state is elected it's called a democracy!
[Post edited 2 Jun 2022 22:18]

Tell that to the Russian people.
Jubilee on 22:20 - Jun 2 with 1183 viewsMalintabuk

Jubilee on 20:10 - Jun 2 by joe90

No problem with the Queen. Would rather have her than a president.

That said, I believe we will eventually become a republic. I really can’t see how the Royal Family can survive after Lizzy dies. Charles and William just do not carry the same respect. Whether or not you like the Royal Family, the fact is the Queen is respected around the world, in a way her family and the wider institution isn’t. Once she goes, that’s it.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2022 22:49]

Totally agree. Lulu just remarked that she as been Queen for 70 years and in all that time she as never let this country down.
I honestly believe there is not another country in this world who would not want her as their head of State..... well perhaps the French but they don't count
Will the monarchy die with her... not sure but all I know is that she is irreplaceable and the respect this country gets is from her.... scant though that respect is
So I will be celebrating 70 amazing years this woman as gave us.... and thank all the gods I can that with luck I will never see a President Johnson
Jubilee on 22:38 - Jun 2 with 1105 viewsizlingtonhoop

Jubilee on 21:35 - Jun 2 by digswellhoop

Rubbish
Jubilee on 22:41 - Jun 2 with 1090 viewsizlingtonhoop

Jubilee on 21:56 - Jun 2 by Suffolk

I can only see losers in this subject.I would be surprised if anyone is getting any great sense of satisfaction from their post.

Meaningless rubbish
Jubilee on 22:47 - Jun 2 with 1058 viewsMrSheen

Jubilee on 21:56 - Jun 2 by Suffolk

Dialogue for the deaf! Who ordered the dialogue for the deaf?
Jubilee on 22:50 - Jun 2 with 1047 viewscolinallcars

I was on the tube a while back and there was some disruption. The announcer said “ passengers for Waterlee, please change on to the Jubiloo line ”
Jubilee on 22:56 - Jun 2 with 1022 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Jubilee on 22:19 - Jun 2 by stowmarketrange

They blew their royal families head’s off in a cellar and the Russian opposition is the Communist party.

I don’t think they’ll have the monarchy back anytime soon!
Jubilee on 22:57 - Jun 2 with 1021 viewseasthertsr

Jubilee on 22:19 - Jun 2 by stowmarketrange

I'd love to, but Putin is not elected democratically is he? He is a figurehead of an appalling regime. His title is there because the power of an oppressive state deems it so. Duly elected presidents represent the will of the people.
Jubilee on 23:04 - Jun 2 with 999 viewsCiderwithRsie

Jubilee on 22:20 - Jun 2 by Malintabuk

Totally agree. Lulu just remarked that she as been Queen for 70 years and in all that time she as never let this country down.
I honestly believe there is not another country in this world who would not want her as their head of State..... well perhaps the French but they don't count
Will the monarchy die with her... not sure but all I know is that she is irreplaceable and the respect this country gets is from her.... scant though that respect is
So I will be celebrating 70 amazing years this woman as gave us.... and thank all the gods I can that with luck I will never see a President Johnson

Lulu has been Queen for 70 years?

Why did no-one tell me?

This sort of thing makes me want to shout.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024