Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Rumours 09:06 - Jun 6 with 380365 viewsWestbourneR

Desperate for some of these. Can people post all the links etc they come across? I'd take clickbait, I don't care, I just want some excitement to go with Ian's arrival.

More blood.

Thanks.

[Post edited 6 Jun 2022 9:08]

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Transfer Rumours on 09:06 - Sep 2 with 3661 viewsPhildo

I see Southampton have taken a few players from city - on closer inspection they are actually glorified loans with buyback clauses. So the lower half of the prem are now turning into feeder clubs.
Transfer Rumours (n/t) on 10:14 - Sep 2 with 3433 viewsSonofpugwash

[Post edited 2 Sep 2022 10:16]

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Transfer Rumours on 11:23 - Sep 2 with 3250 viewsaston_hoop

West Brom tried to sign a couple of much needed central midfielders yesterday and I think are on appeals today after they fell through due to a dodgy fax machine*

Why the hell did they ever sell Sam Field to us? Still maintain thats some of the best business we've done in a long time.

*probably not actually a dodgy fax machine, just didn't do the paperwork on time.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Transfer Rumours on 12:14 - Sep 2 with 3110 viewsDoudou87

Shame we weren’t in for Styles odd move this, signs a contract then goes out on loan.

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2022/september/styles-millwall/

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Transfer Rumours on 20:24 - Sep 2 with 2739 viewsQPRMendoza

Transfer Rumours on 22:17 - Sep 1 by davman

Of course and we all know that we need a squad here. I am just picking on the quotes literally. If he says he is only signing starters then that means that Tim I will be a starter, which means one of Field, Dozzell or JoJo misses out. Two of the three of them are OUR development prospects and they need to be playing.

Let's see where we go with this; as with all things, time will tell...

I read it that he said that he would only sign people on loan if it improved the first 11. Surely greater competition is good for everyone meaning players have to perform? As I understand it all the people we have loaned we have the right to buy after this season apart from the Aston Villa lad and Laird. Personally I can't see all the fuss about Balogun. For me he is potentially another Ryan Nelsen who can help improve our other defenders.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2022 20:30]
Transfer Rumours on 23:24 - Sep 2 with 2526 viewskensalriser

Someone's going to have to explain that one!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Transfer Rumours on 07:44 - Sep 3 with 2341 viewsnix

Transfer Rumours on 20:24 - Sep 2 by QPRMendoza

I read it that he said that he would only sign people on loan if it improved the first 11. Surely greater competition is good for everyone meaning players have to perform? As I understand it all the people we have loaned we have the right to buy after this season apart from the Aston Villa lad and Laird. Personally I can't see all the fuss about Balogun. For me he is potentially another Ryan Nelsen who can help improve our other defenders.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2022 20:30]

Basically he's said without actually saying it that the junior players (Masterson and Gubbins) are not good enough (yet?). He wants to be able to play three at the back at times but it's not even worth doing that with only three centre backs: Dunne, Clarke-Salter and Dickie, as you're likely to have at least one of them injured or unavailable. We definitely some kind of back up at CB. Especially as Clarke-Salter is also our back up left back.
Transfer Rumours on 08:09 - Sep 3 with 2279 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Transfer Rumours on 07:44 - Sep 3 by nix

Basically he's said without actually saying it that the junior players (Masterson and Gubbins) are not good enough (yet?). He wants to be able to play three at the back at times but it's not even worth doing that with only three centre backs: Dunne, Clarke-Salter and Dickie, as you're likely to have at least one of them injured or unavailable. We definitely some kind of back up at CB. Especially as Clarke-Salter is also our back up left back.

Nix,

An interview with WLS (maybe another interview?) that I saw had him stating that he would only bring in players (not specifying loan or otherwise) if they would improve the First XI and that the bench would also get stronger as someone would have to drop out of the First XI to accomodate the new signing thus also strengthening the bench. Two or three days later we signed a centre-back.

Now, I think it's important that I don't, or we all don't treat every word spoken as Gospel, but the above would indicate that Balogun is very much regarded by Beale as a first team player with all the knock-on development effects on the saleable assets he replaces.

Most likely Balogun will be injured, will be rested, will lose form just like every other player and that he will share time with the other centre-backs.

But the interview I paraphrased above happened and it shows the flip-side of the otherwise welcome nature of having a Manager who communicates freely. People remember your words forty-eight hours later.

Edit: Sorry Nix, that wasn't meant to disagree with your post, just to add to it.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2022 8:16]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Rumours on 08:54 - Sep 3 with 2174 viewsdistortR

Transfer Rumours on 08:09 - Sep 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Nix,

An interview with WLS (maybe another interview?) that I saw had him stating that he would only bring in players (not specifying loan or otherwise) if they would improve the First XI and that the bench would also get stronger as someone would have to drop out of the First XI to accomodate the new signing thus also strengthening the bench. Two or three days later we signed a centre-back.

Now, I think it's important that I don't, or we all don't treat every word spoken as Gospel, but the above would indicate that Balogun is very much regarded by Beale as a first team player with all the knock-on development effects on the saleable assets he replaces.

Most likely Balogun will be injured, will be rested, will lose form just like every other player and that he will share time with the other centre-backs.

But the interview I paraphrased above happened and it shows the flip-side of the otherwise welcome nature of having a Manager who communicates freely. People remember your words forty-eight hours later.

Edit: Sorry Nix, that wasn't meant to disagree with your post, just to add to it.

it's worse then that,mate.
What he actually said was, "Read my lips - no aged centre backs".

probably, I was listening to something else at the same time, to be honest.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2022 8:54]
Transfer Rumours on 09:07 - Sep 3 with 2131 viewsnix

Transfer Rumours on 08:09 - Sep 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Nix,

That's fair enough Brian. I don't always take in all the info, so thanks for the clarification. And we don't always have to agree, although I usually do!

I suppose I'm just remembering last season when we had all four fullbacks injured at one point, and Dickie was out for a while as well. I might be completely wrong but I think he's looked at what happened last season (and maybe even talked to Warbs) and maybe tried to counter it happening again this season.

It will be interesting how it pans out. If he plays Balogun regularly above Dunne in a back four then I agree with you; if he plays him in a back five or the odd game in rotation, then it might seem like a smart move.
Transfer Rumours on 09:21 - Sep 3 with 2099 viewskernowhoop

Transfer Rumours on 23:07 - Sep 1 by rrrspricey

Odemwingie? Anyone confirm or deny he's outside the ground knocking on the door?

He is still waiting in South Africa Road, grateful that the fish and chips shop is handily placed.
Transfer Rumours on 10:22 - Sep 3 with 1975 viewsbosh67

Transfer Rumours on 09:07 - Sep 3 by nix

That's fair enough Brian. I don't always take in all the info, so thanks for the clarification. And we don't always have to agree, although I usually do!

I suppose I'm just remembering last season when we had all four fullbacks injured at one point, and Dickie was out for a while as well. I might be completely wrong but I think he's looked at what happened last season (and maybe even talked to Warbs) and maybe tried to counter it happening again this season.

It will be interesting how it pans out. If he plays Balogun regularly above Dunne in a back four then I agree with you; if he plays him in a back five or the odd game in rotation, then it might seem like a smart move.

I think Balogun has been brought in to impart experience and knowledge off the pitch with a role to be played as and when needed on it.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Transfer Rumours on 11:04 - Sep 3 with 1859 viewsDavieQPR

Balogun has one thing the other haven't. Pace.
Transfer Rumours on 11:42 - Sep 3 with 1772 viewsdavman

Transfer Rumours on 11:04 - Sep 3 by DavieQPR

... And, combined with the frighteningly high line we have implemented in the last couple of games, that's kind of important to us!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Transfer Rumours on 11:45 - Sep 3 with 1765 viewsconnell10

Transfer Rumours on 11:42 - Sep 3 by davman

... And, combined with the frighteningly high line we have implemented in the last couple of games, that's kind of important to us!

Yes but it's ever so exciting...isn't it ?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Transfer Rumours on 12:37 - Sep 3 with 1608 viewsDavieQPR

Transfer Rumours on 11:45 - Sep 3 by connell10

Yes but it's ever so exciting...isn't it ?

Unless your the one doing the laundry afterwards.
Transfer Rumours on 13:38 - Sep 3 with 1490 viewskensalriser

Transfer Rumours on 07:44 - Sep 3 by nix

If Masterson isn't good enough yet, when will he be? He's 23 and he's been with us three years. He made 12 appearances in his first season, 4 in his second. Then two loans, and one cameo this season. None of that makes a case he'll ever be a regular player for us.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Transfer Rumours on 14:31 - Sep 3 with 1383 viewsnix

Transfer Rumours on 13:38 - Sep 3 by kensalriser

If Masterson isn't good enough yet, when will he be? He's 23 and he's been with us three years. He made 12 appearances in his first season, 4 in his second. Then two loans, and one cameo this season. None of that makes a case he'll ever be a regular player for us.

Unfortunately I think you're right. He just hasn't pushed on the way we all hoped. He looks like he'll end up as more of a Max Ehmer than a Rob Dickie.
Transfer Rumours on 14:49 - Sep 3 with 1323 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Transfer Rumours on 09:07 - Sep 3 by nix

That's a fine summary, Nix. We're back in agreement!

Now, onto today!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Transfer Rumours on 14:59 - Sep 3 with 1298 viewsBoston

Transfer Rumours on 11:04 - Sep 3 by DavieQPR

Up up and away in my beautiful, my beautiful Balaguuuuun.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024