Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England 21:20 - Jun 7 with 4155 viewsdigswellhoop

watching this shower same old England no idea when it matters absolute garbage why wont win anything
England on 21:27 - Jun 7 with 3039 viewsKerryE

Substitutions.
Southgate does not get this concept that it might change a game.
England on 21:30 - Jun 7 with 3015 viewsdaveB

England on 21:27 - Jun 7 by KerryE

Substitutions.
Southgate does not get this concept that it might change a game.

to be fair England have been better since he made the changes
England on 21:39 - Jun 7 with 2972 viewseastside_r

One for Pinner, why not a red at the penalty. No discernible attempt to play the ball and DOGSO.
England on 21:41 - Jun 7 with 2957 viewsKerryE

England on 21:30 - Jun 7 by daveB

to be fair England have been better since he made the changes

Ok, it's my pet subject after the euros. Couldn't he make them earlier.
England on 21:46 - Jun 7 with 2919 viewsdaveB

England on 21:41 - Jun 7 by KerryE

Ok, it's my pet subject after the euros. Couldn't he make them earlier.

oh right see what you mean, thought you meant who he brought on was wrong

Yeah Grealish should have been on 10 mins earlier, would have changed to a more attacking right back last 15 mins as well but overall good result in the end.

Quite enjoyed the game. Bellingham was really good for England. Germany looked decent but England still had quite a few chances. Draw probably about right
England on 21:47 - Jun 7 with 2918 viewsSK_hoops

I don't get why he didn't start Bowen. Pretty much our best player against Hungary.
England on 21:53 - Jun 7 with 2873 viewsonlyrinmoray

England on 21:47 - Jun 7 by SK_hoops

I don't get why he didn't start Bowen. Pretty much our best player against Hungary.

I like Bowen he’s worked himself up from Hereford to Hull West Ham now England good on him
England on 22:06 - Jun 7 with 2823 viewsLblock

Yet again far too stifled.

Yes the Hun need respecting but starting Phillips and Mount deprives you of options going forward. The early injury to Phillips done is a right favour and Bellingham now looking more of a player everytime I see him having been a bit on the fence on him myself.
If Mount keeps Grealish AND Foden out of the starting line up then something is badly wrong.

Kane was immense tonight. All round game superb

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

England on 22:07 - Jun 7 with 2822 viewsbosh67

As good as Germany were when we brought on Grealish and Bowen and they linked with Bellingham the balance shifted.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

England on 22:20 - Jun 7 with 2762 viewsdaveB

England on 22:06 - Jun 7 by Lblock

Yes the Hun need respecting but starting Phillips and Mount deprives you of options going forward. The early injury to Phillips done is a right favour and Bellingham now looking more of a player everytime I see him having been a bit on the fence on him myself.
If Mount keeps Grealish AND Foden out of the starting line up then something is badly wrong.

yeah you'd hope/expect one of those 2 will replace Mount when it matters.
Bellingham and Rice look like they could be a good partnership, Bellingham gets better every time i see him play, looks like he is going to be a brilliant player, still only 18
England on 22:21 - Jun 7 with 2758 viewsLblock

England on 22:07 - Jun 7 by bosh67

As good as Germany were when we brought on Grealish and Bowen and they linked with Bellingham the balance shifted.

Bang on

10 mins earlier and ???????

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

England on 22:27 - Jun 7 with 2744 viewsed_83

England on 21:39 - Jun 7 by eastside_r

One for Pinner, why not a red at the penalty. No discernible attempt to play the ball and DOGSO.

Rules changed a few years back, now it’s only a yellow unless the tackle is dangerous.
England on 22:48 - Jun 7 with 2686 viewstoboboly

England on 21:46 - Jun 7 by daveB

Yeah Grealish should have been on 10 mins earlier, would have changed to a more attacking right back last 15 mins as well but overall good result in the end.

Quite enjoyed the game. Bellingham was really good for England. Germany looked decent but England still had quite a few chances. Draw probably about right

Really? Thought England were dross the first 60 overall. Not sure why Grealish, Bowen, Gallagher and many others aren't getting in over Phillips, Mount and Saka. Too pedestrian for me, looked like strangers at the back and opened up far too easily.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

England on 23:29 - Jun 7 with 2581 viewsbob566

England on 22:06 - Jun 7 by Lblock

Thought he was awful for the first 60. Rice was outstanding breaking up play with no help from the rest of the midfield.
England on 08:00 - Jun 8 with 2282 viewsPhilmyRs

Very different coming off the bench with 20 minutes to go against a Team that has been pressing with high-energy for 60+ minutes. Game was tailor made for Grealish/Bowen to come on and make a positive impact. That said, I'd certainly be starting Grealish ahead of Mount.

Whilst agree that Bellingham looks good, so many times the Germans were able to play through the lines - pinging balls into their front players feet and causing our backline serious problems. A conservative manager like Southgate, you can understand why he doesn't like this - he recognises the weaknesses of our defence and tries to protect them, often with a back 3 or 2 screeners in front. Rather than the impressive cameos from the bench, I think he'd be more alarmed by the defensive frailties of the Team last night.
England on 08:11 - Jun 8 with 2252 viewsTheChef

England on 08:00 - Jun 8 by PhilmyRs

Very different coming off the bench with 20 minutes to go against a Team that has been pressing with high-energy for 60+ minutes. Game was tailor made for Grealish/Bowen to come on and make a positive impact. That said, I'd certainly be starting Grealish ahead of Mount.

Whilst agree that Bellingham looks good, so many times the Germans were able to play through the lines - pinging balls into their front players feet and causing our backline serious problems. A conservative manager like Southgate, you can understand why he doesn't like this - he recognises the weaknesses of our defence and tries to protect them, often with a back 3 or 2 screeners in front. Rather than the impressive cameos from the bench, I think he'd be more alarmed by the defensive frailties of the Team last night.

Yeah I still don't understand why Mount keeps starting.

Equally I'm not quite sure how Kalvin Phillips has made it to be an England regular?

Oh well, all that attacking talent available, but as long as we keep on grinding out those 1-0 wins maybe eventually that will earn us a trophy!

I'm still happy for Southgate to stay in the job, just a shame we can't play more exciting football when you look at the players we have available.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

England on 08:25 - Jun 8 with 2227 viewsNed_Kennedys

England on 08:11 - Jun 8 by TheChef

Yeah I still don't understand why Mount keeps starting.

Equally I'm not quite sure how Kalvin Phillips has made it to be an England regular?

Oh well, all that attacking talent available, but as long as we keep on grinding out those 1-0 wins maybe eventually that will earn us a trophy!

I'm still happy for Southgate to stay in the job, just a shame we can't play more exciting football when you look at the players we have available.

This is the problem with Southgate’s teams and tactics: he grinds out dull performances and low scoring wins and then fails close to winning something against the better teams when he gets even more safety first. Expect him to be there a long time yet though as he’s the perfect front man for the FA.
England on 08:30 - Jun 8 with 2212 viewsTheChef

England on 08:25 - Jun 8 by Ned_Kennedys

This is the problem with Southgate’s teams and tactics: he grinds out dull performances and low scoring wins and then fails close to winning something against the better teams when he gets even more safety first. Expect him to be there a long time yet though as he’s the perfect front man for the FA.

Really hope I'm wrong but I think going 1-0 up in the Euros final is as close as he's going to get to winning a trophy for England.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

England on 08:43 - Jun 8 with 2162 viewsdaveB

England on 08:30 - Jun 8 by TheChef

Really hope I'm wrong but I think going 1-0 up in the Euros final is as close as he's going to get to winning a trophy for England.

I thought that about the last world Cup but we went again, I think we have a decent chance in this one but need a lot of luck
England on 08:44 - Jun 8 with 2159 viewsBlackCrowe

England have played such a tedious style of football for so many years (with a couple outlier games as exceptions) and Southgate seems determined to continue with this.

We've got the most exciting to watch national league and probably the most tedious to watch national team.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

England on 09:18 - Jun 8 with 2077 viewsSonofpugwash

Backwards,ever backwards,back to the keeper for a lump upfield....where have we seen this before recently?
You can take the man out of the Eighties but you can't take the Eighties out of the man.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

England on 09:41 - Jun 8 with 2045 viewskernowhoop

England on 21:46 - Jun 7 by daveB

Agreed. It was an enjoyable game to watch. Much more open than one might have expected. Bellingham excellent. Grealish too. But, the Germans must have loved it when, under pressure, the England defenders cleared the ball - they could be pretty sure that it would come to them gift-wrapped. The biggest offender was Jordan Pickford, who made a few good saves, but whose distribution would not be good enough to get him into the QPR team.
England on 10:19 - Jun 8 with 1962 viewsderbyhoop

England on 09:41 - Jun 8 by kernowhoop

Agreed. It was an enjoyable game to watch. Much more open than one might have expected. Bellingham excellent. Grealish too. But, the Germans must have loved it when, under pressure, the England defenders cleared the ball - they could be pretty sure that it would come to them gift-wrapped. The biggest offender was Jordan Pickford, who made a few good saves, but whose distribution would not be good enough to get him into the QPR team.

Unusual for Pickford to be so loose with his distribution.

Germany were far the better side. England hardly had any possession until the last 20 minutes and carried very little threat.
I think they've gone backwards since the Euros.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

England on 10:43 - Jun 8 with 1890 viewsToast_R

England on 10:19 - Jun 8 by derbyhoop

Unusual for Pickford to be so loose with his distribution.

Germany were far the better side. England hardly had any possession until the last 20 minutes and carried very little threat.
I think they've gone backwards since the Euros.

Difficult to tell, end of a long season, mere friendly matches and they probably want to go on holiday and avoid injury really.
England on 14:10 - Jun 8 with 1653 viewsdenhamhoop2

Thought Musiala looked a class act for Germany will never ever like a team that picks a right back at left back and then throw in the Ever Insipid Mount 2 holding midfielders to start and it will always be stodge football wise. Kind of get the thinking keep it tight and nick a goal at a set piece, the fact is Southgate and co have as good a chance of winning the World Cup this year as they will ever have more because there is not currently a truly outstanding national team. There is no Brazil circa 70 82 Holland 74 or Spain 2010
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024