Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 Subs next season 13:23 - Jun 10 with 7032 viewsaston_hoop

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

5 Subs next season on 13:34 - Jun 10 with 5100 viewsBklynRanger

Could help with injuries and aging (Norwegian) players I suppose.

Will add to the time wasting of course - players shuffling off like they've shat themselves.
5 Subs next season on 13:46 - Jun 10 with 5033 viewsloftboy

Change the rules that subs are made whilst game is in progress, would cut out the time wasting instantly.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

5 Subs next season on 13:52 - Jun 10 with 4998 viewsstowmarketrange

5 Subs next season on 13:46 - Jun 10 by loftboy

Change the rules that subs are made whilst game is in progress, would cut out the time wasting instantly.

It would be a bit of a nightmare to enforce though.I can see that being exploited every game.As soon as a new law is made,there are cheats who will find a way to exploit it.
5 Subs next season on 13:56 - Jun 10 with 4983 viewsMyke

Widens the gap further between clubs with bigger squads and the rest
5 Subs next season on 14:03 - Jun 10 with 4948 viewsdaveB

5 Subs next season on 13:56 - Jun 10 by Myke

Widens the gap further between clubs with bigger squads and the rest

It does but also gives potentially more opportunities to young players. You can guarantee though that this will be used to slow the game down and waste time.
5 Subs next season on 14:08 - Jun 10 with 4938 viewsMyke

Ah for the good old days of one sub, who only came on if one of the starting 11 was paralysed or dead
[Post edited 10 Jun 2022 17:23]
5 Subs next season on 14:10 - Jun 10 with 4921 viewsHAYESBOY

Guessing this would be 5 subs but at only 3 periods in the game?

Smells like a trout farm in here

5 Subs next season on 14:17 - Jun 10 with 4882 viewsLblock

What a load of shite

This’ll mean lots of “in the mixer” football on crack (think Barnsley two seasons ago)

Why do they keep fackin about with the game I used to love?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

5 Subs next season on 16:38 - Jun 10 with 4689 viewsstanistheman

5 Subs next season on 13:52 - Jun 10 by stowmarketrange

It would be a bit of a nightmare to enforce though.I can see that being exploited every game.As soon as a new law is made,there are cheats who will find a way to exploit it.

yes, like the concussion rule as abused by Peterborough
5 Subs next season on 16:46 - Jun 10 with 4667 viewsJigsore

5 Subs next season on 14:10 - Jun 10 by HAYESBOY

Guessing this would be 5 subs but at only 3 periods in the game?

Hope so, as it'll quash time-wasting concerns

I was of the opinion it would only benefit richer clubsa with deeper squads - and maybe it still will. But the biggest beneficiary of it in the initial season was Barnsley and that did the opposite, allowing them to do more with less. Definitely multiple factors behind them absolutely crashing the next season but going back down to 3 subs was a big one.

If anything this makes more energetic teams with intense pressing more viable than previously and I don't think that is a bad thing.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2022 16:48]

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

5 Subs next season on 16:57 - Jun 10 with 4625 viewsSK_hoops

There were times last season where we could only just about get 5 subs on the bench.
5 Subs next season on 16:59 - Jun 10 with 4617 viewsderbyhoop

Let's pray we can field a bench with more than 5 subs, without having 2 keepers

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

5 Subs next season on 17:22 - Jun 10 with 4539 viewsterryb

5 Subs next season on 14:08 - Jun 10 by Myke

Ah for the good old days of one sub, who only came on if one of the starting 11 was paralysed or dead
[Post edited 10 Jun 2022 17:23]

That didn't last long, three seasons at most!

And why did it change? Because players were told to go down "injured" so that they could be replaced. This was virtually from day one!

The father of an ex Rangers player being the first substitute in English football - Keith Peacock.
5 Subs next season on 19:00 - Jun 10 with 4408 viewsPinnerPaul

5 Subs next season on 13:52 - Jun 10 by stowmarketrange

Don't see why. Happens in Hockey. Why would a team want to play with effectively 10 men by the players leaving and joining doing so slowly, if the game was going on around them?

Football must be the only sport where the substitution process involves so many people - its ridiculous.
5 Subs next season on 19:16 - Jun 10 with 4366 viewsbosh67

Do we have 5 subs? Maybe it should be compulsory that we are used so we can have 3 goalkeepers on if needed.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

5 Subs next season on 11:07 - Jun 11 with 4060 viewsLazyFan

PNE must have completely thwapped their wang off by now with the amount of time-wasting they can do with this.

I bet the PNE data team (one man with a stopwatch) has worked out they can waste a full half with these new rules.

To be fair it's not 5 subs that's the problem, it's the way PNE abuse the rules. Really they should be held accountable for it. But that is a different issue.

As long as we use the extra subs for Yoof, I am all for it.

zzzzzzzzzz

5 Subs next season on 21:56 - Jun 11 with 3850 viewsGloryHunter

This is the beginning of the end for football. Next thing, we will have rotating "offense" and "defense" teams during the course of the match. The Americanisation of our national sport will have been achieved.
5 Subs next season on 22:26 - Jun 11 with 3817 viewsqpr_1968

5 Subs next season on 21:56 - Jun 11 by GloryHunter

This is the beginning of the end for football. Next thing, we will have rotating "offense" and "defense" teams during the course of the match. The Americanisation of our national sport will have been achieved.

plus the sin bin.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

5 Subs next season on 22:32 - Jun 11 with 3815 viewscolinallcars

I don't think it's the beginning of the end, we're halfway through. It'll end with DJs playing “ music “ whenever play stops which these days is very often.
I note the Saudi backed golf tournament will have bands playing and I gather the same in limited overs cricket.
I imagine VAR will rear its ugly head in the Championship in a season or two as well.
It's hard to view the future of football - or soccer as it'll soon be known, with any great enthusiasm.
I'm a happy soul tonight aren't I ?
5 Subs next season on 22:37 - Jun 11 with 3805 viewsqpr_1968

its down to the fans to save whats left of our lovely game, but how?

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

5 Subs next season on 23:03 - Jun 11 with 3753 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

5 Subs next season on 22:32 - Jun 11 by colinallcars

I don't think it's the beginning of the end, we're halfway through. It'll end with DJs playing “ music “ whenever play stops which these days is very often.
I note the Saudi backed golf tournament will have bands playing and I gather the same in limited overs cricket.
I imagine VAR will rear its ugly head in the Championship in a season or two as well.
It's hard to view the future of football - or soccer as it'll soon be known, with any great enthusiasm.
I'm a happy soul tonight aren't I ?

I'll be honest. I've so many things to worry about at the moment.
I think the world has changed so much in the last few months. It would be a brave man with lots of money who brings VAR into the championship.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

5 Subs next season on 10:07 - Jun 13 with 3476 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

They’re now talking about temporary concussion subs so that players can be replaced while being assessed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61777414
[Post edited 13 Jun 2022 10:10]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

5 Subs next season on 10:30 - Jun 13 with 3422 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Who remembers when it was just one Sub?
And usually Mick Leach.
5 Subs next season on 10:32 - Jun 13 with 3419 viewsGloryHunter

5 Subs next season on 10:07 - Jun 13 by CliveWilsonSaid

They’re now talking about temporary concussion subs so that players can be replaced while being assessed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61777414
[Post edited 13 Jun 2022 10:10]

Here we go. Player from Peterborough or Preston fancies a rest, goes down holding his head, and gets twenty minutes "treatment" in the dressing room, before coming back on refreshed to score the winning goal.
5 Subs next season on 10:42 - Jun 13 with 3402 viewsLythamR

5 Subs next season on 10:30 - Jun 13 by CroydonCaptJack

Who remembers when it was just one Sub?
And usually Mick Leach.

Prior to that

Your number Twelve, John Delve
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024