Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lumley 10:13 - Jun 12 with 5561 viewsdannyblue

I hadn't really been following his career since he left, but this little round up of his season at Boro doesn't make good watching. What a shame.

Lumley on 11:10 - Jun 12 with 5326 viewscpgerber

On the subject of ex QPR keepers, Alex Smithies released by Cardiff.
Lumley on 11:26 - Jun 12 with 5247 viewsdmm

Goodness me. He wasn't that bad when he was with us was he? He's definitely got worse.
Lumley on 11:39 - Jun 12 with 5198 viewsstowmarketrange

I think boro might’ve made the playoffs if they’d had a better keeper than Lumley.Even Wilder has noticed that in his time at the club and dropped him towards the end of the season.A real shame for Joe is that mistakes seem to keep happening for him more than a lot of other championship level keepers.
Lumley on 11:46 - Jun 12 with 5171 viewsLee_Gib

Lumley on 11:26 - Jun 12 by dmm

Goodness me. He wasn't that bad when he was with us was he? He's definitely got worse.

He has certainly been good to us since leaving.
Lumley on 11:47 - Jun 12 with 5167 viewsMedwayR

Lumley on 11:26 - Jun 12 by dmm

Yes he was that bad for us, not sure why people chose to be blind to it. Top lad but terrible GK at this level.

Poll: Who’s better?

Lumley on 11:51 - Jun 12 with 5136 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Have never seen such a turnaround in form and confidence from any player in my lifetime.

Yet I completely wish him well and consider him one of our own, and hope someone can sort his head out because that Bristol Rovers and early form for us doesn’t just disappear for good.

The right manager and right psychologist will get him back to where he was.
Lumley on 11:54 - Jun 12 with 5126 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lumley on 11:47 - Jun 12 by MedwayR

Yes he was that bad for us, not sure why people chose to be blind to it. Top lad but terrible GK at this level.

Only speaking for myself, but I was defensive about him because I didn’t like he level the of nastiness directed at him which was over and above rational criticism.

It became the kicking of a man while he was down and I’m sure if he became aware of it it pushed his form in the wrong direction.
Lumley on 12:05 - Jun 12 with 5081 viewsRangersw12

Was never the same keeper after he got kicked in the head at Villa
Login to get fewer ads

Lumley on 12:06 - Jun 12 with 5075 viewsMedwayR

Lumley on 11:54 - Jun 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

Only speaking for myself, but I was defensive about him because I didn’t like he level the of nastiness directed at him which was over and above rational criticism.

It became the kicking of a man while he was down and I’m sure if he became aware of it it pushed his form in the wrong direction.

I thought our fans (my view might be skewed by LFW here) were very defensive of him and he barely got any criticism at all, unlike Ingram and Kelly who were certainly no worse but got a lot more stick.

Poll: Who’s better?

Lumley on 12:15 - Jun 12 with 5035 viewsLblock

Lumley on 11:51 - Jun 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

Have never seen such a turnaround in form and confidence from any player in my lifetime.

Yet I completely wish him well and consider him one of our own, and hope someone can sort his head out because that Bristol Rovers and early form for us doesn’t just disappear for good.

The right manager and right psychologist will get him back to where he was.

I agree and can’t work out how that kick in the face up at Aston Villa seemed to flip his form
upside down.

He had to go as clearly he’d demonstrated he lacks the temperament to excel at this level and his feet turn into anvils with the ball at them. That combined with his Weetabix hands at key times was the end.

I wish him well in his future career and also that he plays the same against us in the future so we bag points

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Lumley on 14:41 - Jun 12 with 4701 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lumley on 12:06 - Jun 12 by MedwayR

I thought our fans (my view might be skewed by LFW here) were very defensive of him and he barely got any criticism at all, unlike Ingram and Kelly who were certainly no worse but got a lot more stick.

It was mostly Twitter to be fair, to the point he had to delete his account but some here indulged too.

Agree about Ingram and Kelly. They didn’t deserve it either.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2022 14:42]
Lumley on 14:47 - Jun 12 with 4685 viewscolinallcars

As my old dad would say “ 'oo'd be a goalkeeper “
Lumley on 17:04 - Jun 12 with 4429 viewsstevec

Worse keeper I’ve ever seen as a regular first teamer at LR, nothing to do with Villa away, it was Villa at home where his major deficiency became obvious.
Lumley on 17:20 - Jun 12 with 4379 viewsEsox_Lucius

Lumley on 17:04 - Jun 12 by stevec

Worse keeper I’ve ever seen as a regular first teamer at LR, nothing to do with Villa away, it was Villa at home where his major deficiency became obvious.

Tony Roberts and Derek Richards thank you for your opinion.

The grass is always greener.

Lumley on 17:39 - Jun 12 with 4309 viewsdistortR

Lumley on 14:41 - Jun 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

It was mostly Twitter to be fair, to the point he had to delete his account but some here indulged too.

Agree about Ingram and Kelly. They didn’t deserve it either.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2022 14:42]

I thought when he started with us, he was a lucky keeper - was it his debut where he handled outside the area and the ref didn't notice? He seemed to get away with a fair bit.
Since then his luck has turned, and now he gets punished for every mistake, and he does seem to make a fair few - more then when he started.
As others said, seems like a top bloke, hope it goes well with him.
Lumley on 18:48 - Jun 12 with 4153 viewsstevec

Lumley on 17:20 - Jun 12 by Esox_Lucius

Ha, well definitely one of those three!
Lumley on 19:10 - Jun 12 with 4078 viewsswisscottage

Lumley on 17:20 - Jun 12 by Esox_Lucius

Richardson even.
Lumley on 19:29 - Jun 12 with 4003 viewsOakR

Lumley on 17:39 - Jun 12 by distortR

I thought when he started with us, he was a lucky keeper - was it his debut where he handled outside the area and the ref didn't notice? He seemed to get away with a fair bit.
Since then his luck has turned, and now he gets punished for every mistake, and he does seem to make a fair few - more then when he started.
As others said, seems like a top bloke, hope it goes well with him.

I agree. I was the same when he started, was he good, or lucky. In fairness a bit of both but he did get away with a few, and now he is not getting away with them that has to hurt.

I will say this though - keepers always get blamed, and outfield players can get away with a lot more mistakes, inc strikers missing clear chances which generally is never brought up as much.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Lumley on 20:43 - Jun 12 with 3766 viewsmcqpr10

I felt Lumley got a free pass with many of us because he came through the youth team and we are all so eager for the youth to do well. Has made so many big mistakes over the last three years.
When we played Boro at home- and they equalised he was going mad and egging on the Boro fans. I said to my brother he would gift us a goal and he did when setting up willock perfectly. He lacks concentration.
Lumley on 21:12 - Jun 12 with 3674 viewsB_Wad

Not going to disagree with the eye test but he tends to rank fairly high on some statistics sites, apparently mainly due to clean sheets.

https://www.besoccer.com/competition/rankings/championship/2022/best-goalkeepers
Lumley on 21:56 - Jun 12 with 3507 viewsLazyFan

Smithies or Lums which one would you choose? Exactly!

We all know Smithies is way better and he's on a free and just down the road from Reading in Cardiff.

Reading looks doomed this season, let's hope so!

zzzzzzzzzz

Lumley on 22:00 - Jun 12 with 3505 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The goal he conceded on 38 seconds is comedy gold. I think he's a top bloke though and I'd love to see him succeed. In lots of ways he has. If he could somehow reduce the brain farts he'd be a really good keeper.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2022 22:01]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Lumley on 08:20 - Jun 13 with 3115 viewsTheChef

Lumley on 21:56 - Jun 12 by LazyFan

Smithies or Lums which one would you choose? Exactly!

We all know Smithies is way better and he's on a free and just down the road from Reading in Cardiff.

Reading looks doomed this season, let's hope so!

I still can't believe Smithies hasn't been picked up by a Prem team, when you look at some of the shoite keepers playing there.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Lumley on 09:45 - Jun 13 with 2979 viewsterryb

Lumley on 08:20 - Jun 13 by TheChef

I still can't believe Smithies hasn't been picked up by a Prem team, when you look at some of the shoite keepers playing there.

I don't think that you would get many Huddersfield or Cardiff fans sharing that view.

He was brilliant for us, but he was nowhere near that level in Wales.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024