Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wimbledon.. 19:54 - Jun 30 with 7225 viewshubble

..yeah? Meh?

I was a bit meh, until I started watching the Draper v De Minaur match. Draper one set up. It's already epic.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2022 19:57]

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Wimbledon.. on 16:29 - Jul 2 with 2038 viewsPaddyhoops

Some officials are going to have to stop that pathetic chant of " Lets go Andy( insert name) lets go!"
Or they'll be going home in a feckin ambulance!!
Wimbledon.. on 17:01 - Jul 2 with 1985 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Wimbledon.. on 16:29 - Jul 2 by Paddyhoops

Some officials are going to have to stop that pathetic chant of " Lets go Andy( insert name) lets go!"
Or they'll be going home in a feckin ambulance!!

True!

One of America’s two useless contributors to fan chanting, and arguably the more annoying one.

Noticeable that Australia’s only contribution - the dense ‘Aussie (insert name), Aussie, Aussie...Oi, Oi, Oi...’ has been heard.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Wimbledon.. on 18:34 - Jul 2 with 1929 viewsPaddyhoops

Wimbledon.. on 17:01 - Jul 2 by PlanetHonneywood

True!

One of America’s two useless contributors to fan chanting, and arguably the more annoying one.

Noticeable that Australia’s only contribution - the dense ‘Aussie (insert name), Aussie, Aussie...Oi, Oi, Oi...’ has been heard.

In fairness it would be funny if they struck up a chant of ,"Your shit and you know you are" directed at Katie Boulter and Liam Broady after poor performances today.
Wimbledon.. on 19:02 - Jul 2 with 1910 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Wimbledon.. on 18:34 - Jul 2 by Paddyhoops

In fairness it would be funny if they struck up a chant of ,"Your shit and you know you are" directed at Katie Boulter and Liam Broady after poor performances today.

Speaking of singing ‘deserved’ abuse, I’m watching the Bubble v Squeak Derby at the moment and that Nick Kyrigios is a total and utter plum.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2022 19:03]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!

Wimbledon.. on 19:50 - Jul 2 with 1865 viewskensalriser

Wimbledon.. on 19:02 - Jul 2 by PlanetHonneywood

Speaking of singing ‘deserved’ abuse, I’m watching the Bubble v Squeak Derby at the moment and that Nick Kyrigios is a total and utter plum.

Think there's some ADHD and possibly something else going on there. He definitely has issues.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Wimbledon.. on 20:01 - Jul 2 with 1852 viewsNed_Kennedys

Love how the BBC commentators are so anti Kyrgios: he pushes it to the limit but it’s no different to McEnroe and Connors back in the 80s. It’s great entertainment.
Wimbledon.. on 20:07 - Jul 2 with 1831 viewsPaddyhoops

Mind you. Kygirious and Tpsipas is a bit tasty now.
Wimbledon.. on 20:41 - Jul 2 with 1796 viewshoopstar67

Wimbledon.. on 20:01 - Jul 2 by Ned_Kennedys

Love how the BBC commentators are so anti Kyrgios: he pushes it to the limit but it’s no different to McEnroe and Connors back in the 80s. It’s great entertainment.

Sorry its not great entertainment. Kyrgios is a disgrace.
Worse than anyone. It's just constant abuse. McEnroe and Connors was not this constant abuse.
Login to get fewer ads

Wimbledon.. on 20:53 - Jul 2 with 1790 viewsLblock

Wimbledon.. on 05:58 - Jul 2 by PlanetHonneywood

I struggle to get really excited by any sport where the spectators are told to keep quiet.

Imagine the response and what football would be like if you couldn’t start until the ref had said: ‘Quiet please. Rangers lead by one goal to nil. Play’ or, we were reduced to ‘oohs’ and ‘aahs’. The game of tennis itself can be a brilliant to watch; I just think it would be more so if the fans could participate more.

However, having worked at Wimbledon for three years as a student in the 80s, I’m reminded annually of a comment made by someone: everything that’s wrong about Britain is on show for two weeks a year in SW19.

One view - all that’s wrong

Another view - all that’s right

Mine is the latter, I think the “upper” social summer scene in the summer is brilliant…. Ascot, Wimbledon, Henley etc, etc
Still never done Wimbers and hope to be able to one day

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Wimbledon.. on 21:01 - Jul 2 with 1766 viewsNed_Kennedys

Wimbledon.. on 20:41 - Jul 2 by hoopstar67

Sorry its not great entertainment. Kyrgios is a disgrace.
Worse than anyone. It's just constant abuse. McEnroe and Connors was not this constant abuse.

It’s regular abuse but it’s not constant.
Would much rather watch him than the robotic Djokovic or most of the play by numbers players nowadays.
Disappointed he was not playing when I was there on Wednesday.
Wimbledon.. on 21:15 - Jul 2 with 1746 viewsPaddyhoops

Wimbledon.. on 21:01 - Jul 2 by Ned_Kennedys

Would much rather watch him than the robotic Djokovic or most of the play by numbers players nowadays.

Cracking match . Kyrgios crosses the line when he abuses the ball boys which he has done between breaks.
Great entertainment but he's a twenty four carat bellend!!
Wimbledon.. on 21:21 - Jul 2 with 1738 viewshoopstar67

Wimbledon.. on 21:01 - Jul 2 by Ned_Kennedys

Regular, constant, splitting hairs. Everytime he loses a point he constantly loses the plot. Undoubtedly a genius of a player and if he concerntrated on his tennis he could have achieved so much more. As someone else said he is just a bellend
Wimbledon.. on 21:29 - Jul 2 with 1725 viewsNed_Kennedys

Wimbledon.. on 21:21 - Jul 2 by hoopstar67

Regular, constant, splitting hairs. Everytime he loses a point he constantly loses the plot. Undoubtedly a genius of a player and if he concerntrated on his tennis he could have achieved so much more. As someone else said he is just a bellend

Great match , Kyrgios played really well.
Hope he gets the chance to take Djokovic or Nadal down.
Wimbledon.. on 21:42 - Jul 2 with 1701 viewsthame_hoops

I noticed this too, I thought the BBC commentator, whoever he was, was a disgrace. Tsistipas should really have been disqualified for smacking that ball. Although it didn’t hit somebody, hit the wall, and properly hit him them in the back.
Wimbledon.. on 22:35 - Jul 2 with 1648 viewshubble

Wimbledon.. on 19:02 - Jul 2 by PlanetHonneywood

"I struggle to get really excited by any sport where the spectators are told to keep quiet. "

Not exactly quiet, that match, was it John!

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Wimbledon.. on 06:00 - Jul 3 with 1551 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Wimbledon.. on 22:35 - Jul 2 by hubble

"I struggle to get really excited by any sport where the spectators are told to keep quiet. "

Not exactly quiet, that match, was it John!

Of course, if you’d cut and pasted the sentence below from my original post, I’d suggest it underpins my thoughts entirely:

“...The game of tennis itself can be brilliant to watch; I just think it would be more so if the fans could participate more...”

Wimbledon.. on 07:50 - Jul 3 with 1493 viewsMick_S

Wimbledon.. on 06:00 - Jul 3 by PlanetHonneywood

Of course, if you’d cut and pasted the sentence below from my original post, I’d suggest it underpins my thoughts entirely:

“...The game of tennis itself can be brilliant to watch; I just think it would be more so if the fans could participate more...”

Ahem!

My toes.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Wimbledon.. on 09:58 - Jul 3 with 1417 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Wimbledon.. on 07:50 - Jul 3 by Mick_S

Ahem!

My toes.

😂

There’s always an exception to the rule, but as I said earlier: Wimbledon also displays the worst of things and a Cliff Richard impromptu sing-song would be an example!
[Post edited 3 Jul 2022 10:23]

Wimbledon.. on 12:01 - Jul 3 with 1386 viewsPaddyhoops

Wimbledon.. on 09:58 - Jul 3 by PlanetHonneywood

😂

There’s always an exception to the rule, but as I said earlier: Wimbledon also displays the worst of things and a Cliff Richard impromptu sing-song would be an example!
[Post edited 3 Jul 2022 10:23]

Cliff, one of the last great mysteries!!
Micky Flanagans words, not mine!!
Wimbledon.. on 12:05 - Jul 3 with 1376 viewsSydneyRs

Those two actually won stuff though.

I try to like Kyrgios but he doesn't help himself.
Wimbledon.. on 13:09 - Jul 3 with 1317 viewsbosh67

Kyrgios is no doubt an excellent player but he obviously has some kind of behavioural issues that seem beyond Mcenroe level of petulance. It's like he has some kind of behavioural disorder, because he is able to jump into a rage and then click out of it very quickly, which doesn't go with someone who just has temper issues. He behaves like a total bell end but I wonder if there is something there that he either can't control or that hasn't been diagnosed. There are elements of autism that manifest like this and as I know numerous people with autism there certainly seem to be a few traits that he demonstrates that I recognise, but his traits are far more dominant, if he actually is some how on the spectrum.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wimbledon.. on 14:00 - Jul 3 with 1286 viewsLythamR

Wimbledon.. on 13:09 - Jul 3 by bosh67

Kyrgios is no doubt an excellent player but he obviously has some kind of behavioural issues that seem beyond Mcenroe level of petulance. It's like he has some kind of behavioural disorder, because he is able to jump into a rage and then click out of it very quickly, which doesn't go with someone who just has temper issues. He behaves like a total bell end but I wonder if there is something there that he either can't control or that hasn't been diagnosed. There are elements of autism that manifest like this and as I know numerous people with autism there certainly seem to be a few traits that he demonstrates that I recognise, but his traits are far more dominant, if he actually is some how on the spectrum.

I suppose its possible that he has an undiagnosed condition, that makes him act like an utter cxnt, i think its at least as likely that he simply is an utter cxnt
Wimbledon.. on 14:18 - Jul 3 with 1278 viewsthame_hoops

This was funny

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/tennis/62028352
Wimbledon.. on 14:38 - Jul 3 with 1258 viewsbakerloo8

Kyrigos is box office. Best game I've seen in ages last night. Pure entertainment.
Obviously the bloke crosses the line and tries to wind up the opposition, but who are yu going to watch next round, Djoko or Kyrigos? I know who ill be watching 👌
Wimbledon.. on 21:57 - Jul 3 with 1102 viewsDorse

Wimbledon.. on 14:38 - Jul 3 by bakerloo8

Kyrigos is box office. Best game I've seen in ages last night. Pure entertainment.
Obviously the bloke crosses the line and tries to wind up the opposition, but who are yu going to watch next round, Djoko or Kyrigos? I know who ill be watching 👌

England v India Day 4?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024