Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No new strikers 22:50 - Jun 30 with 6626 viewsT_Block

Rest of the team is good and can only get better.So why no new wingers or a striker?
Its July tomorrow.
Is it all hush-hush last minute brinkmanship to avoid over-paying?
More likely no plans in place.
No new strikers on 23:02 - Jun 30 with 5076 viewsLogman

I agree. We do need 2 or preferably three more attacking players that can go past defenders. But I believe that those additions could well be loans and we have to wait for the Premier teams to announce their squads before we know who is available. I'm confident that we have got some good loan targets on the radar and that we will land two or three good ones.
No new strikers on 00:32 - Jul 1 with 4899 viewsDavieQPR

Player contracts go up to 30th June so expect to see the famous A Trialist start playing a few games.
No new strikers on 00:49 - Jul 1 with 4871 viewskensalriser

Time to fire off another tweet to Lee and Les reminding them what time it is.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

No new strikers on 05:15 - Jul 1 with 4779 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Given that it’s a piece of cake to pick up cheap, lightening quick and free-scoring striking talent for a few shekels, it worries me that it’s taking so long to get this done!

After all, we’ve got plenty cash in the bank and it’s not as if anyone else is in the market either. Even if we’re a little short of funds currently, it also seems to be taking QPR an inordinate amount of time to realise huge profits on Bonne and Dykes.

And don’t even start me on the right back situation!

Seriously, what the fcuk are they doing down there that it’s taking these clowns so long to sort this out? Honestly, shelling peas would be harder.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

No new strikers on 06:48 - Jul 1 with 4662 viewsNorthernr

They spent and lost a lot of money last season.
We’ll be right back on the FFP cusp as a result.
Strikers are the most expensive players to buy.
Suspect it’ll largely be loans for the rest of the summer unless we sell somebody.
No new strikers on 07:13 - Jul 1 with 4610 viewsnix

No new strikers on 06:48 - Jul 1 by Northernr

They spent and lost a lot of money last season.
We’ll be right back on the FFP cusp as a result.
Strikers are the most expensive players to buy.
Suspect it’ll largely be loans for the rest of the summer unless we sell somebody.

Loans have paid off in the past with Nahki and Jordan. I think we had to wait until the last minute with them, so it's not panic stations yet.

I'm sure we have several targets in mind. I also like the fact we're refusing to be held to ransom any more. Okay we missed out on getting someone in in January but we've started to show we're no longer a soft touch who will invariably pay over the odds, which will hopefully benefit us in the longer term.

It would be nice if we could avoid the peak moaning until the season has actually started.
No new strikers on 07:55 - Jul 1 with 4506 viewsMyke

I believe we will try to buy a right back. Beale has stated in the past that the success of his system hinges on the full backs, so unless it is someone he has worked with before, I don't think he will risk a loan in this position. I believe he will work very hard with Dykes to get him to whee he wants him to be over the next 6 weeks, but will probably have a loan or two in mind also. Quite happy with the business we have done, has clearly addressed 'problem' areas
No new strikers on 07:59 - Jul 1 with 4502 viewsdmm

I can imagine there's a tug of war over between us and PNE for a Cameron Archer loan. He'd clearly be good for us. From what I gather, Gerrard wants to keep him, and other potential loanees, for a while to see if Villa should retain any. So if Archer comes to us we wouldn't see him until later in August.

I'd like to see cover for Willock brought in.
Login to get fewer ads

No new strikers on 09:39 - Jul 1 with 4253 viewsrobith

Given Beale's general philosophy, a RB and back up to Chair/Willock is far more pressing than a striker imo
No new strikers on 09:46 - Jul 1 with 4212 viewsDannytheR

No new strikers on 09:39 - Jul 1 by robith

Given Beale's general philosophy, a RB and back up to Chair/Willock is far more pressing than a striker imo

Wonder if the plan with back up for Chair and Willock is to bring those two kids Flaherty and Peder into the first team squad sooner rather than later.

Both number 10s or thereabouts, both with good cvs, and you assume both came to the club having been given the kind of assurances about pathways to the first team that Warburton was then not actually offering.

And for all that I call them kids, they're also both 20 already so very much at the point they need to be getting into the first team picture.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2022 9:58]
No new strikers on 09:46 - Jul 1 with 4210 viewscolinallcars

No new strikers on 05:15 - Jul 1 by PlanetHonneywood

Given that it’s a piece of cake to pick up cheap, lightening quick and free-scoring striking talent for a few shekels, it worries me that it’s taking so long to get this done!

After all, we’ve got plenty cash in the bank and it’s not as if anyone else is in the market either. Even if we’re a little short of funds currently, it also seems to be taking QPR an inordinate amount of time to realise huge profits on Bonne and Dykes.

And don’t even start me on the right back situation!

Seriously, what the fcuk are they doing down there that it’s taking these clowns so long to sort this out? Honestly, shelling peas would be harder.

I always thought Irony was one of the Channel Islands !
No new strikers on 09:47 - Jul 1 with 4207 viewsEastR

No need for panic. Waiting for PL squads to return and settle on final options for the season, freeing up loan options. RB, cover Lw, RW and striker all incoming but maybe only finalised a week or two after our season kicks off

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

No new strikers on 09:54 - Jul 1 with 4171 viewsRBlock

No new strikers on 09:46 - Jul 1 by DannytheR

Wonder if the plan with back up for Chair and Willock is to bring those two kids Flaherty and Peder into the first team squad sooner rather than later.

Both number 10s or thereabouts, both with good cvs, and you assume both came to the club having been given the kind of assurances about pathways to the first team that Warburton was then not actually offering.

And for all that I call them kids, they're also both 20 already so very much at the point they need to be getting into the first team picture.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2022 9:58]

They like Ajose as well, pacy tricky winger who could also offer something different in one of those roles. He's 21 now, so either needs to be breaking into the first team or moving on in search of regular football.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2022 9:54]
No new strikers on 10:10 - Jul 1 with 4096 viewsdaveB

It's the same very year though especially with loans, if you are paying a set fee each month for a loan why would you pay for July when we don't have any games that matter for 4 weeks, manager would want him obviously but financially makes no sense on a tight budget

Beale spoke recently saying that Premier League clubs will be takings kids on tours as international players are having a longer rest which means they won't be back in the country until after our season starts so expect loan deals to be done quite late. Also Under 19 tournament on at the moment meaning lots of players are away

We'll sign players, we always do and even if the season kick off tomorrow we have Dykes, Bonne, Kellman and Armstrong for up front
No new strikers on 10:57 - Jul 1 with 3988 viewsBklynRanger

No new strikers on 07:55 - Jul 1 by Myke

I believe we will try to buy a right back. Beale has stated in the past that the success of his system hinges on the full backs, so unless it is someone he has worked with before, I don't think he will risk a loan in this position. I believe he will work very hard with Dykes to get him to whee he wants him to be over the next 6 weeks, but will probably have a loan or two in mind also. Quite happy with the business we have done, has clearly addressed 'problem' areas

Think so too - he'll be quite eager to incorporate a starting right back quite soon, though Kakay coming back helps a lot. That and possibly some kind of deal for a 10/winger project.

For the striker, as Dave says he's already mentioned the even longer lag this year for a loanee up front, which we're bound to get at least one of I'd have thought.

Up front the quality we could potentially borrow vs the quality we could afford to buy are miles apart. (I say 'potentially' because, well, Tomer Hemed for a start).
No new strikers on 11:24 - Jul 1 with 3875 viewsMaggsinho

Looking to sign two strikers according to WLS

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-qpr-fc-bristol-city-nahki-wells-010
No new strikers on 11:30 - Jul 1 with 3849 viewsderbyhoop

I suspect that we will bring in a striker on loan.
Archer is the one everybody raves about, but Villa want to assess him in pre season, so wouldn't be available that early.

WLS mentioning Nakhi but Brizzle want a fee. Can't see us paying for a 32 yo with zero sell on value.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

No new strikers on 11:31 - Jul 1 with 3843 viewsJuzzie

Player contracts expired yesterday so plenty will be coming onto the market and the window closes in two months time.

OMG... PANICCCCCCC!!!!!!!!!
No new strikers on 12:19 - Jul 1 with 3652 viewsNorthernr

One of the issues we're going to have if I am right and we are relying on loans without a sale, particularly in attack, is those tend to happen towards the end of the transfer window, and with the early start to the season I think we're eight league games and a cup match at Charlton deep before it shuts this time. That's a lot.

Remember when McClaren dug his sorry ars out of the sht with four loans on the deadline we'd only played four games.
No new strikers on 12:33 - Jul 1 with 3579 viewsdmm

I wonder if Dykes' quad injury he sustained a month ago might be a factor? If he's not fit to start the season, the prospect of Bonne, Kelman or Armstrong up front doesn't fill me with deepest joy.
No new strikers on 12:33 - Jul 1 with 3579 viewsPlanetHonneywood

No new strikers on 09:46 - Jul 1 by colinallcars

I always thought Irony was one of the Channel Islands !

It’s in the Scilly Isles!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

No new strikers on 12:47 - Jul 1 with 3490 viewshantssi

No new strikers on 11:31 - Jul 1 by Juzzie

Player contracts expired yesterday so plenty will be coming onto the market and the window closes in two months time.

OMG... PANICCCCCCC!!!!!!!!!

Don’t you mean SLAMS SHUT Juzzie?!
No new strikers on 12:53 - Jul 1 with 3453 viewskensalriser

No new strikers on 12:33 - Jul 1 by dmm

I wonder if Dykes' quad injury he sustained a month ago might be a factor? If he's not fit to start the season, the prospect of Bonne, Kelman or Armstrong up front doesn't fill me with deepest joy.

Let's face it, even if fully fit our entire set of forwards is capable of striking fear only into our own fans.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

No new strikers on 12:24 - Jul 4 with 2760 viewsdenhamhoop2

No new strikers on 12:33 - Jul 1 by dmm

I remember a season where we started with Czerkas up front opening day still makes me shudder
No new strikers on 13:08 - Jul 4 with 2604 viewsterryb

No new strikers on 12:24 - Jul 4 by denhamhoop2

I remember a season where we started with Czerkas up front opening day still makes me shudder

What is even worse, is that he was one of our better players in our opening day defeat at Burnley that season!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024