Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non-League 22/23 10:24 - Jul 2 with 38550 viewstoboboly

Thought we could have a season long non-league thread, I know a few people on here are keen on groundhopping.

After Hillingdon Borough cancelled last minute last week I am heading to Raynes Park Vale v QPR XI today. Not a new ground but always good to make a ground tick "hooped" by watching QPR there.

Anyone else heading to a game today?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Non-League 22/23 on 09:05 - Jul 3 with 11148 viewstoboboly

Not the greatest game yesterday but RPV have improved the set up since last i went, some great beers too.

Next up I think it is going to be Hitchin v Stevenage on Tuesday, new ground 👍

Non-League 22/23 on 10:10 - Jul 3 with 11099 viewsdistortR

Non-League 22/23 on 09:05 - Jul 3 by toboboly

Not the greatest game yesterday but RPV have improved the set up since last i went, some great beers too.

I won't be ground hopping, but I will be quite regularly at FC IOM games. Promotion via the play offs in their first season was huge, the vitriol a certain Vauxhaul Motors FC will be getting may surprise some of those around me!
Non-League 22/23 on 10:22 - Jul 3 with 11075 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Non-League 22/23 on 09:05 - Jul 3 by toboboly

Crimbo 2020 I was back in London and prior to boarding my flight I read a post on here from a certain Toboholy.

Covid lockdown was being lifted and he informed that he was going to see North Greenford United. Bearing in mind that it’s the nearest ground to where I grew up, I’d never been. So I met up with him and I’ve been back twice to Berkeley Fields on subsequent returns.

Can’t recommend it enough. Pop into the bar get a beer and sup as you watch and I’ve found it really enjoyable and without the BS that comes with the professional game.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Non-League 22/23 on 10:29 - Jul 3 with 11059 viewsDannyPaddox

The range of beers certainly was good yesterday at the otherwise modest RPV clubhouse. Mostly from a local brewery By The Horns who are based in Wimbledon and I’m told supply the taproom at the new Plough Lane. Shame we didn’t get the Dons in the Cup. Maybe next round.

In true non-League style The Raynes Park pitch has a wicked slope from corner to corner and behind one of the goals is a small covered black painted … to me it looked no bigger than a large up-ended tea crate. Anyway there were 3 old blokes sat in there all having a pint. Above them was painted the legend, The Bernie Ceefax Stand.

I always appreciate these non-League threads. As professional football travels further into the realms of Planet Lulu and unbridled avarice I feel the need for grassroots football more and more and love hearing about non-league teams and grounds I’ve yet to visit.

This London Football Guide is a great site if you’re going to or thinking of going to a game in the capital. And on top of that James the creator is an Rs fan,
friend of LFW, and generally a top bloke.

http://www.tlfg.uk/?m=1
Non-League 22/23 on 10:31 - Jul 3 with 11063 viewsloftboy

Will get to see Lowestoft Town FC a few times, this was my first season frequenting there, and yep they got relegated.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Non-League 22/23 on 10:51 - Jul 3 with 11037 viewstoboboly

Non-League 22/23 on 10:10 - Jul 3 by distortR

I won't be ground hopping, but I will be quite regularly at FC IOM games. Promotion via the play offs in their first season was huge, the vitriol a certain Vauxhaul Motors FC will be getting may surprise some of those around me!

Apologies - fat fingers for the downvote there.

Would love to head to an IoM game, you're getting some good crowds too 👍

Non-League 22/23 on 10:53 - Jul 3 with 11036 viewstoboboly

Non-League 22/23 on 10:29 - Jul 3 by DannyPaddox

The range of beers certainly was good yesterday at the otherwise modest RPV clubhouse. Mostly from a local brewery By The Horns who are based in Wimbledon and I’m told supply the taproom at the new Plough Lane. Shame we didn’t get the Dons in the Cup. Maybe next round.

In true non-League style The Raynes Park pitch has a wicked slope from corner to corner and behind one of the goals is a small covered black painted … to me it looked no bigger than a large up-ended tea crate. Anyway there were 3 old blokes sat in there all having a pint. Above them was painted the legend, The Bernie Ceefax Stand.

I always appreciate these non-League threads. As professional football travels further into the realms of Planet Lulu and unbridled avarice I feel the need for grassroots football more and more and love hearing about non-league teams and grounds I’ve yet to visit.

This London Football Guide is a great site if you’re going to or thinking of going to a game in the capital. And on top of that James the creator is an Rs fan,
friend of LFW, and generally a top bloke.

http://www.tlfg.uk/?m=1

TLFG was there yesterday. That Hopadelic was bloody lovely 😍

Non-League 22/23 on 08:53 - Jul 4 with 10850 viewsTheChef

Still waiting on the Isthmian League fixtures, it seems.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Non-League 22/23 on 09:08 - Jul 4 with 10807 viewsstevec

Where does non league start these days, I assume National League still qualifies?

If so, I’ll be getting down to Dorking Wanderers occasionally when the R’s break the North/South divide (aka Luton). Incredible rise, just hope they don’t go all Dover at that level.
Non-League 22/23 on 09:26 - Jul 4 with 10792 viewsterryb

Non-League 22/23 on 09:08 - Jul 4 by stevec

Where does non league start these days, I assume National League still qualifies?

If so, I’ll be getting down to Dorking Wanderers occasionally when the R’s break the North/South divide (aka Luton). Incredible rise, just hope they don’t go all Dover at that level.

The Southerrn League starts on August 6th & I will be surprised if the Isthmian isn't the same. The National League definitely isn't starting in July.

That is also the date for the FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round. Just get through 13 rounds & you've reached the final!

The National League definitely isn't starting in July.
Non-League 22/23 on 09:37 - Jul 4 with 10778 viewstoboboly

Non-League 22/23 on 09:26 - Jul 4 by terryb

The Southerrn League starts on August 6th & I will be surprised if the Isthmian isn't the same. The National League definitely isn't starting in July.

That is also the date for the FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round. Just get through 13 rounds & you've reached the final!

The National League definitely isn't starting in July.

Yep - Isthmian start then - they should have their fixtures released around mid-July give or take. The National League release theirs this week and it is normally a week/fortnight after.

@Steve - Rather than Dorking Wanderers go and see Leatherhead, Redhill, South Park, Merstham, AFC Whyteleafe. Teams that would be far more thankful of your support and whom let you drink whilst watching the game rather than huddled away in a back bar.

Non-League 22/23 on 10:47 - Jul 4 with 10724 viewsstevec

Non-League 22/23 on 09:37 - Jul 4 by toboboly

Yep - Isthmian start then - they should have their fixtures released around mid-July give or take. The National League release theirs this week and it is normally a week/fortnight after.

@Steve - Rather than Dorking Wanderers go and see Leatherhead, Redhill, South Park, Merstham, AFC Whyteleafe. Teams that would be far more thankful of your support and whom let you drink whilst watching the game rather than huddled away in a back bar.

Actually the natives are already getting restless about National League status as fighting broke out in Dorking High street with Ebbsfleet fans after the NLS play off final.

Bloody riff raff
Non-League 22/23 on 10:58 - Jul 4 with 10721 viewstonyQPR

Non-League 22/23 on 09:08 - Jul 4 by stevec

Same kinda situation here at Peterborough sports fc this season. Just secured there 8th promotion in 10 yrs to the national league north,with the same and still current manager Jimmy dean. Will be playing teams like York city,Darlington,and Chester. It’s an incredible rise/story.
Non-League 22/23 on 11:53 - Jul 4 with 10672 viewsozranger

Glad some have finally opened up on this thread and happy that it keeps going, being a groundhopper. While I am adding new grounds here in Oz just at the moment (in Adelaide, Melbourne and currently in Sydney, even if the weather is a tad moist at present) I hope to add some more during the upcoming season.

Missus and I have bought a new place in Bexleyheath that is within a five minute walk of both VCD Athletic and Phoenix Sports as well as being a single bus trip to either Dartford or Welling, at least. Strangely, VCD and Phoenix were both in the same division last season, but VCD got promoted to Isthmian Premier and Phoenix relegated to SCEFL. Am also awaiting the fixtures.

Most interesting ground I went to last season was Brockenhurst, in the New Forest. Very easy to get to being only six stops from Waterloo. The ground is not more than a few 100 metres from the station and yet you need to cross a cattle grate to get there, on the main street into town. The game was actually the manager's 400th in charge as well.
Non-League 22/23 on 11:58 - Jul 4 with 10663 viewstoboboly

Non-League 22/23 on 11:53 - Jul 4 by ozranger

Glad some have finally opened up on this thread and happy that it keeps going, being a groundhopper. While I am adding new grounds here in Oz just at the moment (in Adelaide, Melbourne and currently in Sydney, even if the weather is a tad moist at present) I hope to add some more during the upcoming season.

Missus and I have bought a new place in Bexleyheath that is within a five minute walk of both VCD Athletic and Phoenix Sports as well as being a single bus trip to either Dartford or Welling, at least. Strangely, VCD and Phoenix were both in the same division last season, but VCD got promoted to Isthmian Premier and Phoenix relegated to SCEFL. Am also awaiting the fixtures.

Most interesting ground I went to last season was Brockenhurst, in the New Forest. Very easy to get to being only six stops from Waterloo. The ground is not more than a few 100 metres from the station and yet you need to cross a cattle grate to get there, on the main street into town. The game was actually the manager's 400th in charge as well.

VCD aren't in the Isthmian Prem - https://www.kingstonian.com/news/ks-in-the-isthmian-league-premier-for-2022-23/3

Looks like they are the one below, South East. You also have a fair few SCEFL clubs nearby in Charlton, Erith, Chislehurst

Non-League 22/23 on 12:14 - Jul 4 with 10651 viewsozranger

Non-League 22/23 on 11:58 - Jul 4 by toboboly

VCD aren't in the Isthmian Prem - https://www.kingstonian.com/news/ks-in-the-isthmian-league-premier-for-2022-23/3

Looks like they are the one below, South East. You also have a fair few SCEFL clubs nearby in Charlton, Erith, Chislehurst

Strange, I was under the false impression they were promoted. Not to mind as they will still have midweek games to get to as with Phoenix. Of the two, I prefer the more family atmosphere of Phoenix. The Charlton Women also use VCD as their home ground.

There are too many clubs, probably like elsewhere, in the SE and Kent regions. Been to most already, furthest south along the coast being Whitstable. Hope to get to Deal Town at some stage this season. Done most of the NE London grounds, with only a few lest - need to get to Wembley FC.
Non-League 22/23 on 12:49 - Jul 4 with 10613 viewstoboboly

Non-League 22/23 on 12:14 - Jul 4 by ozranger

Strange, I was under the false impression they were promoted. Not to mind as they will still have midweek games to get to as with Phoenix. Of the two, I prefer the more family atmosphere of Phoenix. The Charlton Women also use VCD as their home ground.

There are too many clubs, probably like elsewhere, in the SE and Kent regions. Been to most already, furthest south along the coast being Whitstable. Hope to get to Deal Town at some stage this season. Done most of the NE London grounds, with only a few lest - need to get to Wembley FC.

Can confirm that Deal was a good ground and they played great football when I saw them last season, they have a open top double decker bus behind one end if you fancy a weird place to watch a game from.

Non-League 22/23 on 13:13 - Jul 4 with 10596 viewsLowerloftLad

Two local non league sides have gone bust.

Walton casuals folded a few weeks back.

Staines town is Apprently being folded up today.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Non-League 22/23 on 13:27 - Jul 4 with 10574 viewsloftboy

Non-League 22/23 on 13:13 - Jul 4 by LowerloftLad

Two local non league sides have gone bust.

Walton casuals folded a few weeks back.

Staines town is Apprently being folded up today.

Surprised about Walton casuals, Staines has been on the cards for a while, they used to be very good and a big loss to the area.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Non-League 22/23 on 13:32 - Jul 4 with 10550 viewsTheChef

Non-League 22/23 on 13:27 - Jul 4 by loftboy

Surprised about Walton casuals, Staines has been on the cards for a while, they used to be very good and a big loss to the area.

Yeah quite amazed about Staines - I assume poorly managed financially.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Non-League 22/23 on 13:41 - Jul 4 with 10528 viewsozranger

Non-League 22/23 on 13:32 - Jul 4 by TheChef

To say the Staines story is weird and wild is an under statement. The owners, chairman and new owners of their ground have been at each other's throats for quite some time. Accusations have been forthcoming like the rain here in Sydney about mismanagement and illegalities. Feel sorry for their fans, a good friend of mine being one.
Non-League 22/23 on 13:42 - Jul 4 with 10520 viewsDannyPaddox

Non-League 22/23 on 11:58 - Jul 4 by toboboly

Also in the neighbourhood, Cray Valley Paper Mills FC, and …

Non-League 22/23 on 00:01 - Jul 5 with 10398 viewsozranger

Non-League 22/23 on 13:32 - Jul 4 by TheChef

This, from the Staines (sorry ex-Staines) hierarchy. They have amalgamated.

There has been much said on the Massive Messageboard over the last 4 days about whether it was the right decision for the Supporters Club and some of the ex officials of Staines Town FC to link up with Staines Lammas FC and for Staines Lammas FC to be renamed Staines & Lammas Middlesex FC.

I would like to say that the Steering Group, set up to try and find ways in which football could continue in Staines, looked at a number of options including Joe Dixons farcical offers to sell the club to the Supporters Club.

It was decided that the option we settled upon was the right one at the present time and would enable us to help build one strong community football club for the people of Staines and Laleham.

I appreciate that some of you might not support the decision that was made, but hope that the majority of you will support this decision and come and support Staines & Lammas Middlesex FC.

The history and the memory's of Staines Town FC will never be forgotten and it is hoped that one day (hopefully soon) football will once again be played at Wheatsheaf Park by a well supported stronger community club.
Non-League 22/23 on 07:47 - Jul 5 with 10349 viewsdmm

I go along to Hayes Lane to see Bromley a few times a season. They're going well in the National league since promotion in 2015 and won the FA Trophy at Wembley last season.

They've big aspirations to make it into League 2 but it's a very tough call to gain promotion from the National league. They'd have to re-lay their pitch if they ever do make it as they use a 3g pitch which is allowed in lower leagues.

Some may have seen the film, The Bromley Boys, about supporter Dave Roberts' shenanigans as a lad following Bromley, but the book is much better and reminds me a bit of my own early experience following QPR.
Non-League 22/23 on 10:08 - Jul 5 with 10260 viewsQPR_Nippon

Non-League 22/23 on 07:47 - Jul 5 by dmm

I go along to Hayes Lane to see Bromley a few times a season. They're going well in the National league since promotion in 2015 and won the FA Trophy at Wembley last season.

They've big aspirations to make it into League 2 but it's a very tough call to gain promotion from the National league. They'd have to re-lay their pitch if they ever do make it as they use a 3g pitch which is allowed in lower leagues.

Some may have seen the film, The Bromley Boys, about supporter Dave Roberts' shenanigans as a lad following Bromley, but the book is much better and reminds me a bit of my own early experience following QPR.

I’m also a fairly regular visitor to Hayes Lane as they’re pretty local. Nice place to watch football and always easy to park - and not your typical location for a football stadium, being largely surrounded by fields. Watched them in both of their recent FA Trophy finals and think of them as my 2nd team now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024