Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Women's Euros 20:59 - Jul 6 with 34636 viewsQPRSteve

Anyone watching?

England 1-0 up against Austria at HT. Should be more, but I expect England to put Austria to the sword in the second half. Good standard of football being played.
Women's Euros on 21:24 - Jul 6 with 7601 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Knocker right now…

[Post edited 6 Jul 2022 21:24]
Women's Euros on 21:24 - Jul 6 with 7598 viewsDorse

Women's Euros on 21:24 - Jul 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

Knocker right now…

[Post edited 6 Jul 2022 21:24]

Baz's libido rears its ugly head...?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Women's Euros on 21:31 - Jul 6 with 7577 viewsMick_S

Women's Euros on 21:24 - Jul 6 by Dorse

Baz's libido rears its ugly head...?

Don’t worry, it’ll be light soon.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Women's Euros on 22:07 - Jul 6 with 7471 viewsDannyPaddox

One of the best opening ceremonies ever.
Women's Euros on 22:19 - Jul 6 with 7417 viewsDorse

Women's Euros on 22:07 - Jul 6 by DannyPaddox

One of the best opening ceremonies ever.

Well, I'm just off to bleach my eyes.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Women's Euros on 07:52 - Jul 7 with 7184 viewsstowmarketrange

It wasn’t the best game I’ve ever seen,but they got the win,although I wasn’t sure whether it was over the line or not.They will have to improve if they want to win the thing,but the home teams don’t always win their 1st game in a tournament but still go on to win the whole thing.

I certainly wasn’t over impressed with Old Trafford though,and it’s looking a bit dated now.We were up at level 8 in the Alex Ferguson stand and the queues for the toilets were a joke.We have more cubicles in the lower loft toilets than their 2 in the gents for 5000 fans in that part of the ground.You can’t see any big screen,so nobody around us knew what was happening with var checks.Certainly not a ground I’d want to visit very often in the future.
Women's Euros on 09:16 - Jul 7 with 7117 viewsPinnerPaul

VAR to check goal line technology, what was that all about????!!!!!

Possible/probable that the commentary team got that wrong and they were checking something else I guess?

Thought Austria looked decent and the main disappointment from the commentary team seemed to be based on their expectation that England are going to win this, despite Austria winning 6 out of their last 7 and with a team consisting of several WSL players!

Off to Spain v Finland tomorrow at MK Dons , will report back on the stadium etc.
Women's Euros on 09:25 - Jul 7 with 7096 viewsstowmarketrange

Women's Euros on 09:16 - Jul 7 by PinnerPaul

VAR to check goal line technology, what was that all about????!!!!!

Possible/probable that the commentary team got that wrong and they were checking something else I guess?

Thought Austria looked decent and the main disappointment from the commentary team seemed to be based on their expectation that England are going to win this, despite Austria winning 6 out of their last 7 and with a team consisting of several WSL players!

Off to Spain v Finland tomorrow at MK Dons , will report back on the stadium etc.

I thought that one of our players might be in an offside position when the ball first came across.I was so far away that it was difficult to see who it was,but maybe that was what they were checking for?
Login to get fewer ads

Women's Euros on 09:41 - Jul 7 with 7067 viewsQPRSteve

I enjoyed the match. So refreshing after all the crap that goes on in the men's game. So few injury stoppages and no one rolling around as if in their last death throws. No surrounding the ref and just two yellow cards.
Women's Euros on 09:43 - Jul 7 with 7045 viewsLblock

Were the kits nicely ironed and was it a peaceful game or any handbags?

I've watched a couple of womens games and it really hurt my eyes.
It's not for me.

Internationals no different....

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Women's Euros on 10:00 - Jul 7 with 7020 viewsEsox_Lucius

Women's Euros on 09:25 - Jul 7 by stowmarketrange

I thought that one of our players might be in an offside position when the ball first came across.I was so far away that it was difficult to see who it was,but maybe that was what they were checking for?

See if you can get the padded seats in the stand behind the dug outs. V. comfortable way to watch a game and the large room behind it at half time for drinks and nosebag.

The grass is always greener.

Women's Euros on 10:16 - Jul 7 with 7006 viewsrobith

Women's Euros on 09:41 - Jul 7 by QPRSteve

I enjoyed the match. So refreshing after all the crap that goes on in the men's game. So few injury stoppages and no one rolling around as if in their last death throws. No surrounding the ref and just two yellow cards.

It is a really interesting dynamic to woman's sport that they haven't been ground into the cynicism that is prevalent in men's sport (no doubt the consequence of years of professionalism and money at stake).

I went to see Ireland women play rugby and I was baffled as to why they kept trying to keep the ball alive and attack rather than endlessly hoof it down the middle of the pitch
Women's Euros on 10:24 - Jul 7 with 6987 viewsTheChef

Caught the highlights, seems we should have been home and hosed but for some poor finishing.

Still, always good to start with a win.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Women's Euros on 10:29 - Jul 7 with 6966 viewsstowmarketrange

Women's Euros on 10:00 - Jul 7 by Esox_Lucius

See if you can get the padded seats in the stand behind the dug outs. V. comfortable way to watch a game and the large room behind it at half time for drinks and nosebag.

I didn’t have any choice when I booked them,and I thought that stand was half decent,but I guess I was mistaken.
Women's Euros on 10:36 - Jul 7 with 6942 viewsstowmarketrange

It’s the same for most women’s games,especially in the lower leagues that my daughter plays in.They might dispute the odd decision,but I think a war might break out in mens Sunday football over some of the same instances that happen on the pitch during a game of football.Most of the time the women just carry on playing.
I hope being more professional doesn’t lead to the same downward spiral in behaviour that has happened at all levels of the mens game.
Women's Euros on 10:48 - Jul 7 with 6921 viewselnombre

Women's Euros on 10:29 - Jul 7 by stowmarketrange

I didn’t have any choice when I booked them,and I thought that stand was half decent,but I guess I was mistaken.

Right with you Stow, always feels to me like they've over-expanded capacity and the facilities haven't kept pace. We had a decent view from the Moore stand, but if you wanted a bite or a wee...
It's even worse in the away fan area - some concrete cave/bunker arrangement in a tiny space in the corner where Real Madrid stick the Ingles tourists (though never as bad as the away cage on level 89 at Milan).

Still, brilliant atmosphere, no drunken 'fans', no Diana Ross penalty at the opening ceremony...

Hope you got home safely.
Women's Euros on 11:14 - Jul 7 with 6890 viewsstowmarketrange

Women's Euros on 10:48 - Jul 7 by elnombre

Right with you Stow, always feels to me like they've over-expanded capacity and the facilities haven't kept pace. We had a decent view from the Moore stand, but if you wanted a bite or a wee...
It's even worse in the away fan area - some concrete cave/bunker arrangement in a tiny space in the corner where Real Madrid stick the Ingles tourists (though never as bad as the away cage on level 89 at Milan).

Still, brilliant atmosphere, no drunken 'fans', no Diana Ross penalty at the opening ceremony...

Hope you got home safely.

Not for another few hours mate.I booked a travelodge in Bradford and I’m now at Leeds waiting for the first of 2 trains to take me back home.
I think I only saw a couple of people buying beer inside the ground during the time I was there,but if the tea was anything to go by,I would’ve preferred a pint myself.
The queues for the ladies toilets were horrendous,even when we left 10-15 mins after the final whistle,and that is something for the organisers to try to sort out during the tournament.Maybe they could switch a few of the mens toilet blocks into women’s ones temporarily.Obviously that won’t make much difference,but any port in a storm as the saying goes.
Women's Euros on 11:43 - Jul 7 with 6834 viewsstanistheman

I was thinking the same thing. The men can learn a thing or two from them.
Women's Euros on 11:50 - Jul 7 with 6814 viewsAustrianHoop

My 13year old stepdaughter also plays and as she is a Goalkeeper she absolutly idolises Zinsberger who played well yesterday. So I get to see many Girls/Women games, I even coached a Ladies Team for one season. Nowadays I refuse to watch World Cups or Champions League or similar competitions because of who and what is involved - including the Players. So, the main attraction of Ladies Football is the honesty I think. I just hope it stays that way even if -as it looks-more money gets involved.
A pity that QPR haven`t got a decent Ladies Team as I would recommend my stepdaughter as one for the future, she will try to get into the main Girls Academy here in Austria next year, the talent is there. Actually if she was a boy she would have been scouted by one of the big Clubs in the area, this just doesn´t happen for girls. They say there is a boom,but her Team has to play in a Boys League here...
Women's Euros on 12:13 - Jul 7 with 6775 viewsstowmarketrange

Women's Euros on 11:50 - Jul 7 by AustrianHoop

My 13year old stepdaughter also plays and as she is a Goalkeeper she absolutly idolises Zinsberger who played well yesterday. So I get to see many Girls/Women games, I even coached a Ladies Team for one season. Nowadays I refuse to watch World Cups or Champions League or similar competitions because of who and what is involved - including the Players. So, the main attraction of Ladies Football is the honesty I think. I just hope it stays that way even if -as it looks-more money gets involved.
A pity that QPR haven`t got a decent Ladies Team as I would recommend my stepdaughter as one for the future, she will try to get into the main Girls Academy here in Austria next year, the talent is there. Actually if she was a boy she would have been scouted by one of the big Clubs in the area, this just doesn´t happen for girls. They say there is a boom,but her Team has to play in a Boys League here...

My daughter is a goalkeeper too,although she hated it when I played her in goal when I was their manager.But as she got older she realised that she was good at it and started to enjoy it more and more.She is now in the adult leagues and the standards are definitely improving.
I thought your team were a little unlucky last night as they played some good football at times,but seemed to lack the killer instinct at times.
Good luck to your team,and also your daughter in her future footballing career.I guess it’s tough playing against boys teams,but it will improve her team in the long run as they have to compete even harder in their games.We have mixed leagues here which means girls can play in boys teams until the U18 stage.It does make them better players but it weakens girls football if they only play mixed instead of both games.
Women's Euros on 12:24 - Jul 7 with 6743 viewsaston_hoop

Enjoyed it and there is a real hope in this England team it seems. Looking forward to catching Northern Ireland too although I believe its likely they'll not manage even a point. I was at the Barcelona v Real Madrid Womens Champions League game a few months back, nearly 92,000 fans in attendance, its growing and thats a brilliant thing.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Women's Euros on 13:29 - Jul 7 with 6659 viewsdenhamhoop2

There was a certain naivety to much of the play but for me overall the quality was just not there. The raving over Lauren Hemp a one footed footballer who basically tried to kick and run her way past the full back left me flabbergasted . Lucy Bronze is a wonderful athlete but her reading of the game is frankly Sunday morning standard
Women's Euros on 13:35 - Jul 7 with 6651 viewsAustrianHoop

Women's Euros on 12:13 - Jul 7 by stowmarketrange

My daughter is a goalkeeper too,although she hated it when I played her in goal when I was their manager.But as she got older she realised that she was good at it and started to enjoy it more and more.She is now in the adult leagues and the standards are definitely improving.
I thought your team were a little unlucky last night as they played some good football at times,but seemed to lack the killer instinct at times.
Good luck to your team,and also your daughter in her future footballing career.I guess it’s tough playing against boys teams,but it will improve her team in the long run as they have to compete even harder in their games.We have mixed leagues here which means girls can play in boys teams until the U18 stage.It does make them better players but it weakens girls football if they only play mixed instead of both games.

Thanks, thats very kind, of course all the best to your daughter too . My stepdaughter played in a mixed team before, but she went to the only girls team in the area because she knew quite a few of the players from the district team . You are right as far as competitiveness is concerned, but it is ridiculous that we can´t get a League together not even from the surrounding districts Burgenland (where I live), Lower Austria and Vienna.
As for yesterday`s game, I agree we played well and made England sweat at times, but still it was a deseved win, no doubt.
Women's Euros on 13:47 - Jul 7 with 6632 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sorry to distract from the main point of the thread but we are in a position where the England Senior Men‘s Team are Euro finalists, the England U19 Men are Euro winners, and England Women are favourites for the Women‘s Euros.

We would have laughed at the prospect of this ten years ago.
Women's Euros on 13:54 - Jul 7 with 6615 viewsstowmarketrange

Women's Euros on 13:47 - Jul 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Sorry to distract from the main point of the thread but we are in a position where the England Senior Men‘s Team are Euro finalists, the England U19 Men are Euro winners, and England Women are favourites for the Women‘s Euros.

We would have laughed at the prospect of this ten years ago.

And we’ll probably cry in 10 years time as those U19 players are booed off after WR’s England lose to Gibraltar and can’t qualify for the North Korean World Cup in 2034.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024