Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
End of the road... 22:02 - Aug 9 with 9936 viewsbaz_qpr

Hamalainen, Shodipo, Thomas, Bonne

Last chance saloon: Dozzell

Front of the Queue and new first sub: Sinclair Armstrong

I hope that is what Beale learnt tonight
End of the road... on 20:52 - Aug 10 with 1106 viewsstanistheman

End of the road... on 10:55 - Aug 10 by Hunterhoop

Quite. He’s adequate. He’s not a top 6 full back, but he’s fine for this level. Certainly no worse than Todd Kane or Moses (better defensively, worse offensively), in my opinion.

Niko plays like a wet dish cloth though. No fight or energy. For his size he could/should be so much more physical.

Agree about both players.

Anyone defending him should read the West London paper player ratings for Ham...

"a timid display seemed reticent to go forward defend or make himself available for a pass"

I get the comments about these being squad players and some of them not too bad, but he is not even L1 level.

I know it will be difficult to shift some players, but a better left back cover is vital.

If Hoos & Ferdinand are telling Beale this is it unless some are sold then I think he might have been mislead because he was saying he was expecting to sign more players when they were in Germany ( not just Richards).
End of the road... on 20:58 - Aug 10 with 1065 viewsgolborne

End of the road... on 16:56 - Aug 10 by VancouverHoop

He's not great, but he's all we've got right now.

He was clearly asked to player higher up the field yesterday, which he did, and his crosses were no worse than anyone else's. At least until Roberts came on. His body language makes him look as if he's nervous or lazy, Dozzell gets the same rap, and – if you remember – so did Eze in his early games. If they ran around like a headless chickens kicking anything that moved all three of them would doubtless have more fans.

Niko did ok last night and he played well in some of his very early games. What he lacks more than anything is confidence and that has got worse and worse, and won’t be helped by the tension of fans almost wanting him to mess something up to prove how right they were. This is toxic all over the ground now, but he is what we have for now, so should get encouragement, rather than abuse.
Hopefully he’ll make a good account of himself on Saturday and silence the sheep.
End of the road... on 21:35 - Aug 10 with 1008 viewsw7r

End of the road... on 12:03 - Aug 10 by Wegerles_Stairs

Kakay was okay last night but still think we need an upgrade who can cross the ball consistently. We really were spoilt with the Bard and Clive Wilson, weren't we?

I felt sorry for Nico last night. That first half he looked like a competition winner who'd got the opportunity to play with his favourite team. You could steer an oil tanker through the space he was leaving to his man on their right-hand side.

Add Brevett to that list
End of the road... on 21:48 - Aug 10 with 981 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

End of the road... on 20:58 - Aug 10 by golborne

Niko did ok last night and he played well in some of his very early games. What he lacks more than anything is confidence and that has got worse and worse, and won’t be helped by the tension of fans almost wanting him to mess something up to prove how right they were. This is toxic all over the ground now, but he is what we have for now, so should get encouragement, rather than abuse.
Hopefully he’ll make a good account of himself on Saturday and silence the sheep.

You're being very generous.

What bothered me most about last night was Niko's lack of awareness about what is a dangerous situation and what isn't. A couple of occasions he was put in a bad position by Seny Dieng passes. Instead of letting them go for a throw-in or booting them clear, he gave them straight to the opposition needlessly. Kakay did the same on one occasion too.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

End of the road... on 16:25 - Aug 11 with 768 viewsfrancisbowles

End of the road... on 13:39 - Aug 10 by Ned_Kennedys

He’s currently got a 4.2 on the ratings on here.
Yesterday was his best opportunity to show everyone what he could do against a League One reserve team and he blew it (as did a few of his colleagues).
Finances wouldn’t have allowed it but I’d much rather have kept Lee Wallace for another season on some kind of pay if you play deal.

Having a player on a pay as you play deal is not without it's own problems. One, he is taking up a place in your squad and you never know when he will be fit to play or even train with the group. Two, he is using up the club's limited resources in the medical department and in individual fitness coaching.
End of the road... on 16:32 - Aug 11 with 743 viewsAntti_Heinola

End of the road... on 16:25 - Aug 11 by francisbowles

Having a player on a pay as you play deal is not without it's own problems. One, he is taking up a place in your squad and you never know when he will be fit to play or even train with the group. Two, he is using up the club's limited resources in the medical department and in individual fitness coaching.

yeah i don't want to dig anyone out, and it's just personal opinion, but the mythical 'pay as you play' deals are as rare as hen's teeth. I'm all for rewards in a contract, but I can't believe there are many players on earth who would sign a deal that says 'we'll only pay you if the managers fancies picking you.'

Bare bones.

End of the road... on 16:57 - Aug 11 with 658 viewsJamesB1979

End of the road... on 20:58 - Aug 10 by golborne

I don’t believe any QPR fan wants a player to do badly to prove them right. Yes they may get on their backs earlier than others but I can’t believe people actually go into the game wanting them to do badly. His lack of drive and determination is the issue. He’s flat footed and doesn’t seem to track runners and not great in the air. I’d be fine if he showed the same fight as Kakay. We should have sent him out on loan again or better permanently for free somewhere. He’s 25 not a kid anymore. Anyway, he’ll be starting Saturday. Let’s all hope he has a good game and get behind the team. We’re normally at our best with backs to the wall.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024