Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
End of the road... 22:02 - Aug 9 with 9932 viewsbaz_qpr

Hamalainen, Shodipo, Thomas, Bonne

Last chance saloon: Dozzell

Front of the Queue and new first sub: Sinclair Armstrong

I hope that is what Beale learnt tonight
End of the road... on 13:45 - Aug 10 with 1736 viewsterryb

End of the road... on 13:39 - Aug 10 by Ned_Kennedys

He’s currently got a 4.2 on the ratings on here.
Yesterday was his best opportunity to show everyone what he could do against a League One reserve team and he blew it (as did a few of his colleagues).
Finances wouldn’t have allowed it but I’d much rather have kept Lee Wallace for another season on some kind of pay if you play deal.

Yes, but those ratings have both Chair & Adomah higher! They were the worst two players on the pitch.

Niko is not a good enough player for the Championship IMO, but he isn't the reason for the result & performance.
End of the road... on 13:48 - Aug 10 with 1716 viewssprocket

Niko is so out of his league it's embarrassing. Ozzie is fine and can also cover CB but IF we have plans to be competitive at the top end we need a decent full back's.
End of the road... on 13:57 - Aug 10 with 1673 viewsParkRoyalR

End of the road... on 09:53 - Aug 10 by Northernr

When you talk about 'trust', something I've noticed a couple of times before, and was very apparent from our position down by the left corner flag last night - a few of our players, Chair the worst offender, won't pass to the 'lesser' players they don't trust. Kakay and Nico were on a few times last night, and they shape to pass to them, see the ball, see who it is, and check back and go try find somebody else. They do it to Dykes a bit as well.

Northern,

I really don't agree with this and believe it has become an excuse for why Chair holds the ball too long.

This argument could equally apply to Austin and Gray last season who very rarely received an early ball from Chair, with Gray in particular rightly showing his frustration.

Why would you not play an early cross into the box for Austin? Why would you not play an early forward pass on the ground to Gray? Likewise, Nico, for all his defensive faults, can actually deliver a decent cross.

Eze never gave up passing to Hughill despite the likelihood of the ball clearing the Loft Stand because he knew his job was to create chances for others, and that is Chair's primary role as a 10, and much as I rate the lad, he has to get his head up and play the ball earlier, otherwise Beale may continue subbing him off which we don't want, as us fans who have watched him for years know (like we know Dunne's value as a Championship CB), that Chair will run for the team for the full 90.
End of the road... on 14:05 - Aug 10 with 1648 viewsdaveB

End of the road... on 13:39 - Aug 10 by Ned_Kennedys

He’s currently got a 4.2 on the ratings on here.
Yesterday was his best opportunity to show everyone what he could do against a League One reserve team and he blew it (as did a few of his colleagues).
Finances wouldn’t have allowed it but I’d much rather have kept Lee Wallace for another season on some kind of pay if you play deal.

I think sticking with Lee Wallace for 3 seasons is part of the problem, meant we never got a long term solution in that area and were back to sqaure one this summer, same at right back
End of the road... on 14:32 - Aug 10 with 1598 viewsbosh67

Niko getting dog's abuse but I thought he did okay last night. He's not the best player in the world and he is limited but he played fine as a left back last night.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

End of the road... on 14:35 - Aug 10 with 1576 viewsJamesB1979

End of the road... on 14:05 - Aug 10 by daveB

I think sticking with Lee Wallace for 3 seasons is part of the problem, meant we never got a long term solution in that area and were back to sqaure one this summer, same at right back

I would think a player like Wallace would be perfect for a younger understudy to learn from. The issue is that we went with a loan option as cover last season because clearly Warbs didn’t rate Niko. Some people at club clearly do rate Niko as he was given a 4 year deal and, he’s back in the 1st team squad now that Warbs has left.
End of the road... on 14:40 - Aug 10 with 1540 viewsPhilmyRs

End of the road... on 14:35 - Aug 10 by JamesB1979

I would think a player like Wallace would be perfect for a younger understudy to learn from. The issue is that we went with a loan option as cover last season because clearly Warbs didn’t rate Niko. Some people at club clearly do rate Niko as he was given a 4 year deal and, he’s back in the 1st team squad now that Warbs has left.

Said it on another thread, but I would have retained Moses as back-up. Having Niko as first choice back-up is a real worry for me. Hope I'm proved wrong but although he had his limitations, Moses was not a bad reserve and could cover both sides, so an added bonus.
End of the road... on 14:58 - Aug 10 with 1495 viewscharmr

They say players make decisions early before they receive the ball.

Too many of ours and for many a season decided in the dressing room to pass it back to the person who gave them the ball. That’s what MB keeps going on about in the training videos, not playing so square to the goals. Also the hit and hope crosses into the penalty area. It’s pub football stuff.

Keep doing it and you’ll get found out by our new boss.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 15:02]
Login to get fewer ads

End of the road... on 15:18 - Aug 10 with 1441 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Nico is what 32, 33, and we're still asking the same questions about him today as we did back in 2008. He's been loaned out to several holiday destinations, nothing beyond better access to Vitamin D and improving his abilities to surf have transpired, and with several years left on his contract, I don't blame him for this calamity, I blame QPR.

Given the caliber of player MB has worked with, no doubt he'd not choose NH or, would love him gone, but is required to try make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. I certainly hope that he is choosing him voluntarily and not as a result of 'pressure from within' by those in desperate to justify their wages.

Thomas for me remains such an odd one. I get that he tries and works his socks off, but whenever I have seen him I find that while I cannot fault the effort, I just don't see anything that he brings to the party.

Maybe a goal would help him get over the hump, Lord knows he deserves it for all his running. Not sure when he's contract is up, but surely we move him on baring a miracle.

Another one I am not clear on, is Charlie Owens. Obviously sad that he's had so many injury issues, but what the hell are we doing with him. Sure it shows loyalty but so many players have moved on since he walked through the door, I hardly expect they remember their time at QPR as one where Owens' situation proved an example to them.

He didn't make the bench last night and, I think, on another one year deal. Surely if he's not done anything by the end of this season it will be time to say au revoir and wish him the best. His like that girlfriend you just can't bring yourself to say...'we need to talk' before giving her the Spanish Archer. Finally for both yours and her benefit.

1-3 at Sunderland (Thomas 2, Nico) by the way!!!!
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 15:21]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

End of the road... on 15:27 - Aug 10 with 1392 viewsdaveB

End of the road... on 14:35 - Aug 10 by JamesB1979

The 4 year thing is a bit of a smoklescreen and a stick to beat him with. At the time we were about to lose Manning and bright for nothing and we had 3 players the club thought might break through in Kakay, Dieng and Niko so they all got long deals before any of them had really broken into the team to avoid a repeat of Manning/Bright. Niko obviously hasn't worked out but it was an understandable move at the time as the Euros was coming up, he was in the squad and a lot of fans at the time were screaming for him to play as Wallace was old and crap. If you are bored look on twitter at the contract announcement and all the positive commenrts from fans and wanting him in the team. No many of them will admit that now they've seen him play
End of the road... on 15:29 - Aug 10 with 1384 viewsdaveB

End of the road... on 14:40 - Aug 10 by PhilmyRs

Said it on another thread, but I would have retained Moses as back-up. Having Niko as first choice back-up is a real worry for me. Hope I'm proved wrong but although he had his limitations, Moses was not a bad reserve and could cover both sides, so an added bonus.

it's about money though, a seasned player likse moses will coswt more then Niko and do you want an expensive player as your back up left back or use the money elsewhere. It's the same with the likes of Thomas and Shodipo as well.
End of the road... on 15:51 - Aug 10 with 1299 viewstoboboly

End of the road... on 14:32 - Aug 10 by bosh67

Niko getting dog's abuse but I thought he did okay last night. He's not the best player in the world and he is limited but he played fine as a left back last night.

He didn't

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

End of the road... on 15:56 - Aug 10 with 1285 viewsted_hendrix

Is he getting dogs abuse though?

Bosh It seems to me that he's been here forever, I've never rated him but that's beside the point, unless I've missed something he's never put in the sort of performance whereby you could say--brilliant, he just seems to have stagnated and IMO hasn't improved one bit.
I also thought that Wallace used to blow hot and cold over a few games too.

We haven't had a good strong LB for what seems like an eternity, the sort of player that when you looked at the team sheet before kick off you felt pleased/comfortable an example would be Clive Wilson.

Hämäläinen isn't good enough, he hasn't been good enough for a long time, It's easy to talk but this LB issue has been with us for a long time unnecessarily in my view.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

End of the road... on 16:34 - Aug 10 with 1199 viewsPhilmyRs

End of the road... on 15:29 - Aug 10 by daveB

it's about money though, a seasned player likse moses will coswt more then Niko and do you want an expensive player as your back up left back or use the money elsewhere. It's the same with the likes of Thomas and Shodipo as well.

You think Moses is that expensive? A player with a history of injuries. Not sure where he ended up, quick google and seems to be some Greek club? but I certainly wouldn't class him in the expensive camp, like say an Austin, where I would fully agree, we couldn't afford to keep someone like that as a bench warmer. But surely we're not in a position (yet) where our first choice left back gets injured and we're forced to play someone that isn't good enough at this level just because we have no money or resources to get someone else. surely, we should have better options than this.
End of the road... on 16:52 - Aug 10 with 1165 viewsdmm

"Nico is what 32, 33, and we're still asking the same questions about him today as we did back in 2008."

You surely jest Mr Honney? The Nico we're on about here is Niko Hamalainen who is 24 and joined QPR in 2014. If you were thinking of Niko Kranjcar, he first joined us in 2013, is 37 and retired.

Anyway, don't mind me. Carry on sir.
End of the road... on 16:55 - Aug 10 with 1153 viewsBenny_the_Ball

End of the road... on 00:25 - Aug 10 by baz_qpr

I think the case for the defence with Chair is that he did not train all last week and has a week old baby and that is going to impact both physically and mentally.

I would have thought becoming a dad would have put him on cloud 9 and given him extra impetus.
End of the road... on 16:56 - Aug 10 with 1148 viewsVancouverHoop

He's not great, but he's all we've got right now.

He was clearly asked to player higher up the field yesterday, which he did, and his crosses were no worse than anyone else's. At least until Roberts came on. His body language makes him look as if he's nervous or lazy, Dozzell gets the same rap, and – if you remember – so did Eze in his early games. If they ran around like a headless chickens kicking anything that moved all three of them would doubtless have more fans.
End of the road... on 17:13 - Aug 10 with 1119 viewsPlanetHonneywood

End of the road... on 16:52 - Aug 10 by dmm

"Nico is what 32, 33, and we're still asking the same questions about him today as we did back in 2008."

You surely jest Mr Honney? The Nico we're on about here is Niko Hamalainen who is 24 and joined QPR in 2014. If you were thinking of Niko Kranjcar, he first joined us in 2013, is 37 and retired.

Anyway, don't mind me. Carry on sir.

Of course I wasn't confusing mixed race Niko Hamalainen with ageing and clearly not mixed race Nico Kranjcar of yesteryear rather, milking the point.

However, now you raise the matter: you never see either of them in the same room at the same time. So who knows!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!

End of the road... on 17:25 - Aug 10 with 1091 viewsdaveB

End of the road... on 16:34 - Aug 10 by PhilmyRs

You think Moses is that expensive? A player with a history of injuries. Not sure where he ended up, quick google and seems to be some Greek club? but I certainly wouldn't class him in the expensive camp, like say an Austin, where I would fully agree, we couldn't afford to keep someone like that as a bench warmer. But surely we're not in a position (yet) where our first choice left back gets injured and we're forced to play someone that isn't good enough at this level just because we have no money or resources to get someone else. surely, we should have better options than this.

well more expensive than Niko I'd imagine but less than Adomah, it is all relative really

This is an issue which has been there a few years for both full backs, if Kakay gets injured we're pretty knackered on the right as well and it's not as if he is a world beater
End of the road... on 17:44 - Aug 10 with 1026 viewsPhilmyRs

End of the road... on 17:25 - Aug 10 by daveB

well more expensive than Niko I'd imagine but less than Adomah, it is all relative really

This is an issue which has been there a few years for both full backs, if Kakay gets injured we're pretty knackered on the right as well and it's not as if he is a world beater

Well Moses would have been cover for both Kakay and the new lad.

Agree we've been light in both full back positions for a while but last season we did at least have Wallace and the Norwich boy and Moses and Kakay on the right-side although with the 3 at the back we were able to get away with Albert doing a job there.

I have no problem with a club with our budget struggling to get a decent player in at full back if we have a couple of injuries to that position but just feels like when your first choice left back gets a knock, our first reserve should be better than Niko. Would love nothing more than to be proved wrong, the Manager after all did say he's been training well so you never know.
End of the road... on 17:46 - Aug 10 with 1015 viewsdmm

End of the road... on 17:13 - Aug 10 by PlanetHonneywood

Of course I wasn't confusing mixed race Niko Hamalainen with ageing and clearly not mixed race Nico Kranjcar of yesteryear rather, milking the point.

However, now you raise the matter: you never see either of them in the same room at the same time. So who knows!

Fair enough you rascal, and point taken about the Nikos. Now you mention it, I've never seen you and the Honey Monster in the same room either.
End of the road... on 17:53 - Aug 10 with 1004 viewsdaveB

End of the road... on 17:44 - Aug 10 by PhilmyRs

Well Moses would have been cover for both Kakay and the new lad.

Agree we've been light in both full back positions for a while but last season we did at least have Wallace and the Norwich boy and Moses and Kakay on the right-side although with the 3 at the back we were able to get away with Albert doing a job there.

I have no problem with a club with our budget struggling to get a decent player in at full back if we have a couple of injuries to that position but just feels like when your first choice left back gets a knock, our first reserve should be better than Niko. Would love nothing more than to be proved wrong, the Manager after all did say he's been training well so you never know.

wasn't trying to knock Moses, I liked him but wages wise I guess that was more than they wanted to pay for a back up, pure speculation on my part,

We've had 4/5 years now to try and get in a young prospect at full back to develop and bring in, fact we still have to rely on loans is not very good on the clubs part to say the least.
End of the road... on 18:46 - Aug 10 with 940 viewsPlanetHonneywood

End of the road... on 17:46 - Aug 10 by dmm

Fair enough you rascal, and point taken about the Nikos. Now you mention it, I've never seen you and the Honey Monster in the same room either.

Well if you want to go down that road Dennis the Menace...

End of the road... on 19:28 - Aug 10 with 899 viewsDannyPaddox

End of the road... on 15:56 - Aug 10 by ted_hendrix

Is he getting dogs abuse though?

Bosh It seems to me that he's been here forever, I've never rated him but that's beside the point, unless I've missed something he's never put in the sort of performance whereby you could say--brilliant, he just seems to have stagnated and IMO hasn't improved one bit.
I also thought that Wallace used to blow hot and cold over a few games too.

We haven't had a good strong LB for what seems like an eternity, the sort of player that when you looked at the team sheet before kick off you felt pleased/comfortable an example would be Clive Wilson.

Hämäläinen isn't good enough, he hasn't been good enough for a long time, It's easy to talk but this LB issue has been with us for a long time unnecessarily in my view.

The last left-back we had who impressed me enough to go “wow quality” was Dusty Toxic - I may have the name wrong there. Early Warnock loanee who only stayed for a few weeks. I was very upset when he didn’t sign permanent the following season - a season I thought we’d struggle. A season we ended up as Champions.
End of the road... on 20:28 - Aug 10 with 800 viewsdmm

Impressive left back you say? Don't forget this signor,

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024