Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laird in 21:55 - Aug 13 with 28585 viewsWatfordR

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-signing-sealed-and-key-duo-set-to-return
Laird in on 10:52 - Aug 15 with 2982 viewsted_hendrix

Laird in on 10:31 - Aug 15 by Malintabuk

As I got to the end of the thread was going to.post the same..... our record with united is not the best...
But good luck to the lad and welcome

Our record with United is immaterial in my book, it's history is how I see It.

I'm delighted with this signing, more back up, more strength in depth, more options etc,etc.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Laird in on 11:41 - Aug 15 with 2716 viewsDavieQPR

Think he'll go straight in on Tuesday. Would have been Swansea's POS had he stayed there.
Laird in on 11:43 - Aug 15 with 2687 viewsMalintabuk

Laird in on 10:52 - Aug 15 by ted_hendrix

Our record with United is immaterial in my book, it's history is how I see It.

I'm delighted with this signing, more back up, more strength in depth, more options etc,etc.

Agree.... just hope history don't repeat itself because we have had a few bramers from them
As said wish the lad the best of luck as if just for a season he is one of ours
Laird in on 11:46 - Aug 15 with 2665 viewshubble

What's his song going to be, Kumbaya my Laird?

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Laird in on 11:53 - Aug 15 with 2635 viewsMrSheen

Laird in on 11:46 - Aug 15 by hubble

What's his song going to be, Kumbaya my Laird?

My Sweet Laird?
Laird in on 11:57 - Aug 15 with 2601 viewsWatfordR

Laird in on 11:53 - Aug 15 by MrSheen

My Sweet Laird?

Ethan Rifles?
Laird in on 12:06 - Aug 15 with 2543 viewsMyke

Laird in on 22:57 - Aug 14 by Northernr

I have told you all summer we'd end up with a loan at right back

Yes you did and probably (without knowing anything about the lad ) he will be an upgrade on Kakay. But neither of those things are the point are they? Beale's primary remit as I understood it, was to develop the younger players and increase their resale value. Create a clear 'pathway' (hate that term) to the first team and yet here we are with aa LOANED full back, who will almost certainly jettison one of our own out of the RB position. Will it improve the team? Almost certainly. Does it send a message to the other kids that there are opportunities here to break through to the first team? Clearly not. People will point to Sinclair and say Beale IS giving yoof a chance, but when you remove one your own for a lean, with no possibility of it becoming permanent , it's not exactly fulfilling his remit is it?
Laird in on 12:11 - Aug 15 with 2488 viewshubble

The chorus to the Kings of Leon Holy Roller Novocaine could work, particularly if he scores!

All the world is moanin'
And baby so am I
I'm just givin' you warning
And I'm telling you why

Laird's gonna get us back

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Login to get fewer ads

Laird in on 12:16 - Aug 15 with 2436 viewsWatfordR

Laird in on 12:06 - Aug 15 by Myke

Yes you did and probably (without knowing anything about the lad ) he will be an upgrade on Kakay. But neither of those things are the point are they? Beale's primary remit as I understood it, was to develop the younger players and increase their resale value. Create a clear 'pathway' (hate that term) to the first team and yet here we are with aa LOANED full back, who will almost certainly jettison one of our own out of the RB position. Will it improve the team? Almost certainly. Does it send a message to the other kids that there are opportunities here to break through to the first team? Clearly not. People will point to Sinclair and say Beale IS giving yoof a chance, but when you remove one your own for a lean, with no possibility of it becoming permanent , it's not exactly fulfilling his remit is it?

I understand the point, but as has been stated elsewhere, Kakay isn't a youngster anymore, he's 25.

It would be different if he was 18 or 19, but he's played under god knows how many managers here and never made the position his own, so regrettably (and I do regret saying, because I do like the lad, I think he's got a good attitude), the reality is that Ozzie Kakay is probably stopping someone like Aaron Drewe from having a chance to show whether he is good enough to progress into the first team over the next year or two.
Laird in on 12:18 - Aug 15 with 2430 viewsBazzeR

I would guess that Drewe going out on loan and coming back next season hopefully with more experience influenced a loan decision for Laird.
Laird in on 12:21 - Aug 15 with 2393 viewsRs_Holy

what's the catch? I've seen the video and heard him being interviewed.... why has he come to QPR?
Laird in on 12:21 - Aug 15 with 2384 viewswood_hoop

Laird in on 12:25 - Aug 15 with 2347 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Just turning this on its head what would you do if there is no suitable replacement at the club for Kakay when/if he gets injured?
It is a key position wouldn't you agree?
Laird in on 12:26 - Aug 15 with 2338 viewsSydneyRs

Laird in on 12:16 - Aug 15 by WatfordR

I understand the point, but as has been stated elsewhere, Kakay isn't a youngster anymore, he's 25.

It would be different if he was 18 or 19, but he's played under god knows how many managers here and never made the position his own, so regrettably (and I do regret saying, because I do like the lad, I think he's got a good attitude), the reality is that Ozzie Kakay is probably stopping someone like Aaron Drewe from having a chance to show whether he is good enough to progress into the first team over the next year or two.

Agreed. Kakay has had plenty of opportunities. If he was good enough we wouldn't need to look elsewhere. That said he can still do a job for us as part of the squad.
Laird in on 12:49 - Aug 15 with 2194 viewskensalriser

Laird in on 11:43 - Aug 15 by Malintabuk

Agree.... just hope history don't repeat itself because we have had a few bramers from them
As said wish the lad the best of luck as if just for a season he is one of ours

What's a bramer?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Laird in on 12:50 - Aug 15 with 2194 viewsdm97

Few people alluding to this throughout but it’s worth repeating - the only ‘young player’ in our squad is Armstrong. Drew’s and gubbins are 21 (I think), Kakay and Travelman are 24/5. Beale’s remit is not to prioritise below average squad players at the expense of the rest of the team. We don’t have enough cash for a good perm: get a good loan in for one season, sell a cash cow (hopefully), go and buy a good 22/23 year old next summer.

Ted talk over
Laird in on 12:58 - Aug 15 with 2150 viewskensalriser

Is the club anywhere on record stating Beale's remit?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Laird in on 13:20 - Aug 15 with 2033 viewsBillericayR

Sorry to be negative but how long before he is injured or fatigued?
Laird in on 13:27 - Aug 15 with 1974 viewsMalintabuk

Laird in on 12:49 - Aug 15 by kensalriser

What's a bramer?

Sorry auto spell... A real Brahma down the pit meant the opposite of who Brahma was which was something good or excellent.... sorry sometimes I slip into slang
Laird in on 13:52 - Aug 15 with 1902 viewsstanistheman

I get what you are saying, but Kakay is a very limited full back and has played more than enough 1st team games to show what he is capable of. In my view, he has already done this and is nothing more than a squad player.

Beale may have been tasked with developing and improving our young players, but let's be honest here, most of them are lower Championship, L1 or L2 standard.

I have no issue with Laird starting in place of Kakay and would even start with him tomorrow. Kakay has done reasonably well as a stopgap, but he was caught out twice for Stewart's goal. 1st by not being close enough to get a tackle or prevent the cross, then by playing him onside and then raising his arm for the flag.

QPR need full backs who can defend but also attack and create scoring opportunities and Laird looks more capable of doing this.

If a Premiership club were willing to loan us a decent young striker (previous loans to this league include Andy Cole, Tammy Abraham, Harry Wilson, etc Simms is on loan to Sunderland from Everton) would you prefer to start with Dykes and Bonne because they are our own?
Laird in on 13:54 - Aug 15 with 1893 viewsheadhoops

Laird in on 10:31 - Aug 15 by Malintabuk

As I got to the end of the thread was going to.post the same..... our record with united is not the best...
But good luck to the lad and welcome

Ji Sung park on a paid, Rio on a free and both Fabio and Will Keane on loans.
Hoping this lad will balance the scales.
Love Kakays attitude but he's a squad back up at best. Saying that I would still start him ahead of hammerclangerdingdong at LB.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Laird in on 13:57 - Aug 15 with 1852 viewsLanhoop

Laird in on 13:54 - Aug 15 by headhoops

Ji Sung park on a paid, Rio on a free and both Fabio and Will Keane on loans.
Hoping this lad will balance the scales.
Love Kakays attitude but he's a squad back up at best. Saying that I would still start him ahead of hammerclangerdingdong at LB.

Somehow you managed to forget Sean Goss ;-)

But blimey, the boy Laird's interview on the club site has to be the most confident in history!
Laird in on 13:59 - Aug 15 with 1844 viewsQPR_Hibs

Laird in on 11:41 - Aug 15 by DavieQPR

Think he'll go straight in on Tuesday. Would have been Swansea's POS had he stayed there.

Yes. Thought it was strange of Man Utd to recall him from Swansea where he played 20 times to send him to Bournemouth where he played 6.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Laird in on 14:07 - Aug 15 with 1798 viewsDWQPR

Laird in on 13:57 - Aug 15 by Lanhoop

Somehow you managed to forget Sean Goss ;-)

But blimey, the boy Laird's interview on the club site has to be the most confident in history!

That's because hasn't played for the ManUre first team.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Laird in on 14:11 - Aug 15 with 1764 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Laird in on 12:11 - Aug 15 by hubble

The chorus to the Kings of Leon Holy Roller Novocaine could work, particularly if he scores!

All the world is moanin'
And baby so am I
I'm just givin' you warning
And I'm telling you why

Laird, Laird, Laird.

Laird, Laird, Laird.

Laird is all you need

All you need is Laird…..