Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The table 22:39 - Aug 30 with 5065 viewsLblock

Preposterous as it is that a table should even be printed…. Didn’t it used to be 9 games before they even complied one??…..but..

After seven games are we looking at the rest of us simply playing for 5th & 6th whilst the parachute payment club sort an order out amongst themselves?
You talk about integrity of a competition, FFP, P&S or whatever sporting chance bollox the EFL / Prem want to spout but it’s placings as per the balance sheet / bank account size now isn’t it?

Such a shame that even “the most competitive league in Europe” going this way as well it seems

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The table on 22:45 - Aug 30 with 4156 viewsHastings_Hoops

I agree with the sentiment, but the fact that there’s more than three parachute-payment clubs above us shows that there’s been some rotation of promoted/relegated teams, so there’s still opportunity to go up if a club plays their hand right.
The table on 22:53 - Aug 30 with 4065 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

There is a parachute club second from bottom too though!
The table on 22:54 - Aug 30 with 4042 viewsBenny_the_Ball

As far as I can remember tables were always compiled from the off but there was common understanding that it would only really take shape after about 10 games.
The table on 22:55 - Aug 30 with 4018 viewsBoston

The table on 22:53 - Aug 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Sometimes parachutes fail to open.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The table on 22:55 - Aug 30 with 4033 viewsManinBlack

The top 4 is what I was expecting but just a bit earlier than I hoped. Having said that Norwich and Watford both got stoppage time winners so the extra two points gained put them up there.

Strange comment by the Sky man reporting on Watford's win by adding that they were very unlucky to lose on Saturday. Oh really? Why bring that up at the end of tonight's match?
The table on 22:59 - Aug 30 with 3992 viewsDavieQPR

The Prem and the EFL are in discussions to change the P&S /FFP rules already. The suggestion at the moment is less parachute payments and more for the rest.
The table on 23:14 - Aug 30 with 3913 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The table on 22:54 - Aug 30 by Benny_the_Ball

As far as I can remember tables were always compiled from the off but there was common understanding that it would only really take shape after about 10 games.

I always remember that it was after three games, but I'm only 12.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The table on 23:15 - Aug 30 with 3900 viewsDWQPR

The table on 23:14 - Aug 30 by BrianMcCarthy

Correct Brian.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Login to get fewer ads

The table on 23:26 - Aug 30 with 3815 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I recall in my youth getting annoyed if they'd print the table before a ball had been kicked because alphabetical order would invariably place us near the bottom of the table.

[Post edited 30 Aug 2022 23:29]
The table on 23:41 - Aug 30 with 3739 viewsBoston

Do you mean tree?

The table on 23:45 - Aug 30 with 3719 viewsBoston

...and yes, it was, to the best of my recollection, not compiled or printed in the paper until three games were played by the majority of the clubs. This was only a week into the season though as we'd play on the Saturday, then a mid-week then again the next Saturday.

The table on 00:34 - Aug 31 with 3618 viewsstevec

Used to compile the tables for all four divisions from week one on my Shoot League Ladder.

Computers have spoiled everything.
The table on 01:00 - Aug 31 with 3560 viewsBoston

The table on 00:34 - Aug 31 by stevec

Used to compile the tables for all four divisions from week one on my Shoot League Ladder.

Never forgot the pink of Aldershot propping up the fourth.

The table on 07:32 - Aug 31 with 3295 viewsderbyhoop

Are the tables that meaningful so early in the season? Doubtful. Although the fact that 3 relegated sides are in top 4 shows how much money has distorted the competition

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The table on 07:41 - Aug 31 with 3261 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The table on 23:41 - Aug 30 by Boston

Do you mean tree?

Sorry?

The table on 08:11 - Aug 31 with 3171 viewsPunteR

My Grandad used to come over our house every Sunday and brought with him the Daily Mail and all the Sunday supplements.
The highlight was looking at the league tables at the back of the paper all leagues laid out.
Div 1,2,3,4. How it should be. Premier league my arse.
QPR always stood out from the rest as it was in bold capital letters in all its glory. Division 1. About 5th from bottom usually.!

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The table on 08:18 - Aug 31 with 3137 viewsstevec

The table on 08:11 - Aug 31 by PunteR

My Grandad used to come over our house every Sunday and brought with him the Daily Mail and all the Sunday supplements.
The highlight was looking at the league tables at the back of the paper all leagues laid out.
QPR always stood out from the rest as it was in bold capital letters in all its glory. Division 1. About 5th from bottom usually.!

That’s very true. Big caps meant you could scan newspapers page after page in seconds looking for QPR, saving hours reading through dross.
The table on 08:28 - Aug 31 with 3079 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The table on 00:34 - Aug 31 by stevec

I loved League Ladders!

But I always moved Rangers up a few spots. It was the right thing to do.

The table on 09:01 - Aug 31 with 2938 viewsCamberleyR

The table on 22:53 - Aug 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

I don't think Huddersfield are in receipt of parachute payments this season. They were relegated in 2018/19 and I believe would have got them for three seasons. You get them for only two if you go up and come straight down.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

The table on 09:03 - Aug 31 with 2928 viewsstevec

The table on 08:28 - Aug 31 by BrianMcCarthy

I loved League Ladders!

Nothing wrong with that. I’d ‘amend’ the table for a day or so as if we hadn’t conceded that last minute goal or suffered a dreadful refereeing decision.

Incidentally, the table could be improved immeasurably by moving Aldershot into Division One and replacing them with Chelsea at the bottom of Division 4. Most satisfying.
The table on 09:13 - Aug 31 with 2870 viewsDWQPR

The table on 08:28 - Aug 31 by BrianMcCarthy

I loved League Ladders!

Brian, just for you......

https://leagueladders.club/collections/2022-23/products/retro-1960s-style-englan

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

The table on 09:16 - Aug 31 with 2859 viewspaulparker

The table on 08:11 - Aug 31 by PunteR

I miss the days when you would find out if someone was bought or sold by buying a newspaper
Own up , how many times back in the day would you be on holiday that would you buy a copy of the sun( a day old btw) to check the scores or if we actually signed someone
It took me 3 days to find out we drew with Forest on the opening of the 90/91 season when I was in Magaluf

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The table on 09:33 - Aug 31 with 2790 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The table on 09:16 - Aug 31 by paulparker

I miss the days when you would find out if someone was bought or sold by buying a newspaper
Own up , how many times back in the day would you be on holiday that would you buy a copy of the sun( a day old btw) to check the scores or if we actually signed someone
It took me 3 days to find out we drew with Forest on the opening of the 90/91 season when I was in Magaluf

I remember a gang of us getting on a ferry at Dover and someone had the Standard.

"QPR to sign Baggio!"

The table on 09:35 - Aug 31 with 2769 viewsCiderwithRsie

The table on 22:54 - Aug 30 by Benny_the_Ball

Three games is what I remember but like you say taken with huge doses of salt until about 10 games, which is about a quarter of a season. Another hard look about Christmas and again at Easter.
The table on 11:36 - Aug 31 with 2566 viewsterryb

The tables were definitely printed after one game by the clubs that were top of their divisions!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024