Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Queen 13:08 - Sep 8 with 57760 viewsSuperhoops2808

As if we didnt need more rubbish news, now the Queen appears to be very poorly
The Queen on 22:00 - Sep 14 with 1991 viewsDamo1962

The Queen on 21:49 - Sep 14 by Toast_R

Whoops, wrong thread

Go to the "naughty step"😉
The Queen on 08:41 - Sep 15 with 1751 viewstraininvain

https://mobile.twitter.com/MrMichaelSpicer/status/1570034199754571776?s=20&t=R93
The Queen on 10:46 - Sep 15 with 1623 viewsloftboy

Celtic fans displayed anti royal banners last night including one that said “sorry for you loss Michael Fagan”

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

The Queen on 20:46 - Sep 15 with 1423 viewsSonofpugwash

New York Times having a pop at the "cost to the taxpayer" over the funeral.
Here's some comparisons...
Annual figures of costs to taxpayers:
Monarchy: £102.4 million
White House operations: £1.2 billion
Royal travel: £3.2 million
Air Force One: £425 millio

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

The Queen on 21:38 - Sep 15 with 1359 viewsstowmarketrange

Is anyone planning on joining the queues to see her coffin?I was going to go down there tonight but my Mrs had to work instead.I might go tomorrow night and go straight on to the Rangers on Saturday,but I can think of other ways to spend the night of my birthday than queueing up for 8 hours.I think them announcing that the queue might close on Saturday has panicked some people into heading straight there.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2022 21:50]
The Queen on 21:48 - Sep 15 with 1328 views222gers

The Queen on 21:38 - Sep 15 by stowmarketrange

Is anyone planning on joining the queues to see her coffin?I was going to go down there tonight but my Mrs had to work instead.I might go tomorrow night and go straight on to the Rangers on Saturday,but I can think of other ways to spend the night of my birthday than queueing up for 8 hours.I think them announcing that the queue might close on Saturday has panicked some people into heading straight there.

You've shown a remarkable lack of respect in that post Stow - it should be a capital R for Rangers…🥴
The Queen on 21:49 - Sep 15 with 1324 viewsstowmarketrange

The Queen on 21:48 - Sep 15 by 222gers

You've shown a remarkable lack of respect in that post Stow - it should be a capital R for Rangers…🥴

Sorry.
The Queen on 22:06 - Sep 15 with 1282 viewsBklynRanger

The Queen on 21:38 - Sep 15 by stowmarketrange

It does at least seem to be moving at a decent pace, for a 4.9 mile queue. If I can't sleep again tonight I might wake the wife and go, fcuk it. Unlikely but not impossible.
Login to get fewer ads

The Queen on 22:11 - Sep 15 with 1278 viewsBlackCrowe

I might just give it a crack tomorrow night.

Spoke to a lady today (c.65) who'd just got back from a 10 (ten) hour queue starting at London Bridge....knackered but didn't regret a second of it. Whatever your leanings, proper history.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

The Queen on 22:31 - Sep 15 with 1207 viewsWatford_Ranger

The Queen on 10:46 - Sep 15 by loftboy

Celtic fans displayed anti royal banners last night including one that said “sorry for you loss Michael Fagan”

Good craic
The Queen on 22:51 - Sep 15 with 1164 viewsDamo1962

The Queen on 22:31 - Sep 15 by Watford_Ranger

Good craic

Hilarious 🙄 Can't stand that club or most of it's supporters.
The Queen on 02:15 - Sep 16 with 1076 viewsSydneyRs

The Queen on 22:51 - Sep 15 by Damo1962

Hilarious 🙄 Can't stand that club or most of it's supporters.

They are as bad as each other in term of that section of their respective supports. Rangers fans sing about killing catholics every week yet are getting held up as some sort of shining example because they made a big union jack display and sung the anthem quite loudly. Something they also do every week.
The Queen on 02:20 - Sep 16 with 1075 viewsSydneyRs

The Queen on 17:09 - Sep 13 by Phildo

I think two slightly different things have happened. The Queen has died and she was held in such high regard that people are rightly mournful and or respectful depending on your views.

The second has been a very public process of saying Charles is the new King and showing how the union is expected to bend the knee etc. He has good and not so good qualities so it is maybe a bit much to expect everyone to bow down to that. Time will tell.

I feel the second part has been a bit much to be honest and some of that could have waited a bit. Its not like the old days when some brother or cousin would try and nick the crown by gathering an army on horseback.

Like anyone good and not so good qualities.

If you go back two or three decades the Queen herself used to get plenty of criticism. As she moved into old age she has obviously been viewed more fondly by most and her passing brought a very long era to an end.

Only the coldest hearts wouldn't feel something in relation to it, even if like me you don't really see the point of a monarchy. That said, do I think it should be ablolished? No, not really. A lot of upheaval for no real gain.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2022 2:25]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024