Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Queen 13:08 - Sep 8 with 59078 viewsSuperhoops2808

As if we didnt need more rubbish news, now the Queen appears to be very poorly
The Queen on 13:30 - Sep 13 with 3298 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Posting as an interesting statistic

The Queen on 14:03 - Sep 13 with 3170 viewsBoston

The Queen on 12:16 - Sep 13 by slmrstid

Peter Odemwingie came racing down to London in his car because his agent told him he'd be offered a Duchy, all he needed to do was turn up.

Was it passed from the left hand side?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Queen on 14:07 - Sep 13 with 3156 viewsstowmarketrange

The Queen on 13:30 - Sep 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

It might be the fact that he was always in the background as Prince of wales.Now people are seeing him cope quite well with the loss of his mother and the fact that he has finally got the chance to become what he was born to be.
He really has big shoes to fill to replace his mother and hopefully he will grow into it with the same compassion and style that she showed.He has started very well in my opinion.
The Queen on 14:13 - Sep 13 with 3077 viewsSonofpugwash

The Queen on 14:07 - Sep 13 by stowmarketrange

It might be the fact that he was always in the background as Prince of wales.Now people are seeing him cope quite well with the loss of his mother and the fact that he has finally got the chance to become what he was born to be.
He really has big shoes to fill to replace his mother and hopefully he will grow into it with the same compassion and style that she showed.He has started very well in my opinion.

Not just shoes...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FcduzsyWYAIen3F?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

The Queen on 14:44 - Sep 13 with 2969 viewsted_hendrix

I got no mourn left, I think It started to disappear last Friday afternoon when I was stuck in a traffic jam In Kilburn.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Queen on 14:54 - Sep 13 with 2929 viewsBoston

The Queen on 14:44 - Sep 13 by ted_hendrix

I got no mourn left, I think It started to disappear last Friday afternoon when I was stuck in a traffic jam In Kilburn.

Should have stopped for a hair cut, would have cheered you right up.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Queen on 16:48 - Sep 13 with 2722 viewsfrancisbowles

Maybe people realising or learning much more of what the Queen did and how she did it, as well as, believing that Charles will have many of the same qualities.
The Queen on 16:54 - Sep 13 with 2683 viewsJuzzie

Euphoria and hope/excitement etc as to what Charles will/can do. Lets see again in a 6-12 months time. Hopefully it will still be good.
Login to get fewer ads

The Queen on 17:08 - Sep 13 with 2610 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Just a heads up. Apparently the Queen will be driven from RAF Northolt to Buckingham Palace so they’ll be closing off a load of roads in the area according to someone I just spoke with. Hanger lane and A406 was mentioned but I’m not sure of the full route. Bit more about it here. Roads might be a bit busy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-62887168

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The Queen on 17:09 - Sep 13 with 2606 viewsPhildo

I think two slightly different things have happened. The Queen has died and she was held in such high regard that people are rightly mournful and or respectful depending on your views.

The second has been a very public process of saying Charles is the new King and showing how the union is expected to bend the knee etc. He has good and not so good qualities so it is maybe a bit much to expect everyone to bow down to that. Time will tell.

I feel the second part has been a bit much to be honest and some of that could have waited a bit. Its not like the old days when some brother or cousin would try and nick the crown by gathering an army on horseback.
The Queen on 17:23 - Sep 13 with 2512 viewsDWQPR

The Queen on 17:09 - Sep 13 by Phildo

I think two slightly different things have happened. The Queen has died and she was held in such high regard that people are rightly mournful and or respectful depending on your views.

The second has been a very public process of saying Charles is the new King and showing how the union is expected to bend the knee etc. He has good and not so good qualities so it is maybe a bit much to expect everyone to bow down to that. Time will tell.

I feel the second part has been a bit much to be honest and some of that could have waited a bit. Its not like the old days when some brother or cousin would try and nick the crown by gathering an army on horseback.

I’m sure that the King is no different to the rest of us in having good and not so good attributes. And as far as the passing of the crown is concerned it is a process of the constitution to ensure a continuation. Much of it would have gone unnoticed in the past as it would not have been televised. But with 24/7 TV, the uniqueness of the event and the interest of watching history happen in front of us then we will be witness to every part of the process.

Tonight’s route for the Queen will be straight along the A40 and then dropping down off the A40 spur to Bayswater Road. I suspect that delays will be minimal with outriders just clearing a path for the hearse.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

The Queen on 17:34 - Sep 13 with 2463 viewsMick_S

The Queen on 17:23 - Sep 13 by DWQPR

I’m sure that the King is no different to the rest of us in having good and not so good attributes. And as far as the passing of the crown is concerned it is a process of the constitution to ensure a continuation. Much of it would have gone unnoticed in the past as it would not have been televised. But with 24/7 TV, the uniqueness of the event and the interest of watching history happen in front of us then we will be witness to every part of the process.

Tonight’s route for the Queen will be straight along the A40 and then dropping down off the A40 spur to Bayswater Road. I suspect that delays will be minimal with outriders just clearing a path for the hearse.

The A40 was being coned off in both directions by Northolt Airport at 2:30 this afternoon.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

The Queen on 17:39 - Sep 13 with 2446 viewsMaggsinho

The Queen on 16:54 - Sep 13 by Juzzie

Euphoria and hope/excitement etc as to what Charles will/can do. Lets see again in a 6-12 months time. Hopefully it will still be good.

Need to give him a couple of transfer windows before we can judge him.
The Queen on 19:05 - Sep 13 with 2238 viewsSonofpugwash

The Queen on 19:36 - Sep 13 with 2161 viewstraininvain

The Queen on 17:39 - Sep 13 by Maggsinho

Need to give him a couple of transfer windows before we can judge him.

Not a good start https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/sep/13/king-charles-staff-given-redunda
The Queen on 20:02 - Sep 13 with 2070 viewsQPR_Jim

The Queen on 09:32 - Sep 13 by daveB

There is choice though. BBC2 & Channel 4 switched to normal programming on friday night. ITV evening schedule has been normal programming even BBC have been showing dramas at 9pm the last 2 nights.
You also have 100's of othert channels carryng on as normal as well as various streaming services.

The public service broadcasters though do have to show these ceremonies which are on in the day, it's history being made in front of our eyes, would be a bit mad if they sacked it off to show Dickinsons Real Deal.

I think you're right, personally I've not watched a lot of the coverage since the initial news, by Saturday when they were swearing in Charles or whatever I wasn't particularly interested tbh and there were plenty of other options.

But the footage tonight of the queen's coffin travelling to Buckingham palace is really impressive and I'm grateful that it's being covered so that I can watch it.
The Queen on 20:09 - Sep 13 with 2016 viewsSonofpugwash

The Queen on 19:36 - Sep 13 by traininvain

Not a good start https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/sep/13/king-charles-staff-given-redunda

Yes,and his rather petulant treatment of his staff last couple of days have earned him the nickname of King Meldrew II.

The Queen on 20:24 - Sep 13 with 1961 viewsCamberleyR

The Queen on 16:54 - Sep 13 by Juzzie

New monarch bounce.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

The Queen on 21:23 - Sep 13 with 1786 viewshubble

This is classy https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/sep/13/king-charles-staff-given-redunda

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

The Queen on 21:33 - Sep 13 with 1748 viewstraininvain

The Queen on 21:23 - Sep 13 by hubble

This is classy https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/sep/13/king-charles-staff-given-redunda

At least he’s not petulant https://mobile.twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1569725148432834561?ref_src=twsrc%5Ego
The Queen on 21:42 - Sep 13 with 1699 viewsToast_R

The Queen on 21:23 - Sep 13 by hubble

When the gig's over it's over I guess. Does say they will be supported in finding employment in other Royal households.
The Queen on 21:43 - Sep 13 with 1691 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The Queen on 21:33 - Sep 13 by traininvain

At least he’s not petulant https://mobile.twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1569725148432834561?ref_src=twsrc%5Ego

Like father, like son.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The Queen on 21:48 - Sep 13 with 1656 viewstraininvain

The Queen on 21:42 - Sep 13 by Toast_R

When the gig's over it's over I guess. Does say they will be supported in finding employment in other Royal households.

Seems a bit insensitive while many of the staff will be grieving and not in keeping with the narrative that people shouldn’t criticise the monarchy during the period of mourning.
The Queen on 21:53 - Sep 13 with 1637 viewsCiderwithRsie

The Queen on 16:48 - Sep 13 by francisbowles

Maybe people realising or learning much more of what the Queen did and how she did it, as well as, believing that Charles will have many of the same qualities.

I think it's just that he is the king now and overall people still like the monarchy, more than ever when it's just had a massive dose of PR on all channels. (Not making a criticism, I'm mildly pro-monarchy, but it's a fact that there's been wall-to-wall pro-royal coverage; a few people are sick of it but more are positive and that just rubs off on him.)

Plus things like getting grumpy over pens would have got him stick just a few weeks back, now everyone says "the poor sod's just lost his mum, cut him some slack"
The Queen on 22:08 - Sep 13 with 1552 viewsToast_R

The Queen on 21:48 - Sep 13 by traininvain

Seems a bit insensitive while many of the staff will be grieving and not in keeping with the narrative that people shouldn’t criticise the monarchy during the period of mourning.

I'd imagine there are a fair few staff working directly for the late Queen that are now without an active role as well. What can you do?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024