Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next weekend matches doubtful 10:18 - Sep 11 with 10217 viewsPikey

With the largest gathering of world leaders in London ever seen next weekend the police are unlikely to have resources to police public events such as footie. Could all be off again next weekend
Next weekend matches doubtful on 11:13 - Sep 11 with 5434 viewsHayesender

There's talk about them trying to reverse fixtures, so anyone at home in London plays away.

Can't really see any chance of that happening

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Next weekend matches doubtful on 11:18 - Sep 11 with 5397 viewsdaveB

funeral is not till Monday so games should go ahead
Next weekend matches doubtful on 11:19 - Sep 11 with 5379 viewstoboboly

Next weekend matches doubtful on 11:18 - Sep 11 by daveB

Which is why this weekend should have gone ahead and next week be cancelled.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Next weekend matches doubtful on 11:22 - Sep 11 with 5377 viewstraininvain

I know it’s an unprecedented situation in most of our life time but it doesn’t reflect well on the football league and Premiership that they seemingly didn’t have a plan in place for the death of a 96 year old monarch. It’s not exactly an unforeseeable event.

They’ve got it completely wrong so far and probably best to assume no football (excluding European competitions) until after the funeral.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2022 11:24]
Next weekend matches doubtful on 11:57 - Sep 11 with 5274 viewsthame_hoops

I picked up last minute tickets at the Oval yesterday, and it was a fantastic sporting experience and very respectful. I read an article on the train, the Telegraph I think, that said the football Association were worried about Liverpool fans not behaving during any minutes silence
Next weekend matches doubtful on 12:01 - Sep 11 with 5261 viewsNorthernr

It's a policing and security thing. I'd think it unlikely we'll be on.
Premier League currently discussing reversing its London games, so if EFL follow suit it'll be Stoke away at less than a week's notice, which would be quite the pistake.
Next weekend matches doubtful on 12:04 - Sep 11 with 5240 viewsbosh67

Next weekend matches doubtful on 12:01 - Sep 11 by Northernr

Premier League currently discussing reversing its London games, so if EFL follow suit it'll be Stoke away at less than a week's notice, which would be quite the pistake.

I can see this happening and us having a pile up of home fixtures. Really stupid.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Next weekend matches doubtful on 12:38 - Sep 11 with 5139 viewsstowmarketrange

I’m not sure the police would be overly happy to have Stoke and Port Vale at home on the same day.
Login to get fewer ads

Next weekend matches doubtful on 12:52 - Sep 11 with 5088 viewsStanisgod

Next weekend matches doubtful on 11:19 - Sep 11 by toboboly

Exactly.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Next weekend matches doubtful on 12:53 - Sep 11 with 5083 viewsStanisgod

Next weekend matches doubtful on 11:57 - Sep 11 by thame_hoops

I picked up last minute tickets at the Oval yesterday, and it was a fantastic sporting experience and very respectful. I read an article on the train, the Telegraph I think, that said the football Association were worried about Liverpool fans not behaving during any minutes silence

Just cancel their game then. Simple. F#ck em.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Next weekend matches doubtful on 12:58 - Sep 11 with 5055 viewsdaveB

Next weekend matches doubtful on 11:19 - Sep 11 by toboboly

That would have made more sense
Next weekend matches doubtful on 13:18 - Sep 11 with 4976 viewsJames_Paddocks

Surely the easiest solution is just no away fans? You don't need a huge police presence for a home only crowd.
Next weekend matches doubtful on 13:22 - Sep 11 with 4955 viewsstowmarketrange

Next weekend matches doubtful on 13:18 - Sep 11 by James_Paddocks

Surely the easiest solution is just no away fans? You don't need a huge police presence for a home only crowd.

What happens if away fans manage to get tickets in the home ends though?
Next weekend matches doubtful on 13:22 - Sep 11 with 4947 viewsloftboy

There will probably be rehearsals
[Post edited 11 Sep 2022 13:23]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Next weekend matches doubtful on 13:34 - Sep 11 with 4887 viewsJames_Paddocks

Not sure hundreds of QPR fans will suddenly be able to purchase Millwall tickets, or even want to?
Next weekend matches doubtful on 13:43 - Sep 11 with 4842 viewsstowmarketrange

Next weekend matches doubtful on 13:34 - Sep 11 by James_Paddocks

Not sure hundreds of QPR fans will suddenly be able to purchase Millwall tickets, or even want to?

I was thinking more Stoke fans next Saturday.
Next weekend matches doubtful on 13:55 - Sep 11 with 4785 viewsClive_Anderson

Next weekend matches doubtful on 11:57 - Sep 11 by thame_hoops

Yes football missed a trick not allowing people to show their respects at the games on Saturday.

Also I would have quite enjoyed hating Liverpool fans more than I do already.
Next weekend matches doubtful on 14:03 - Sep 11 with 4749 viewsdenhamhoop2

That would be real fun had a quick look the train prices aren't too bad currently not sure how quick home clubs would be able to arrange stewarding and policing
Next weekend matches doubtful on 14:35 - Sep 11 with 4663 viewsderbyhoop

National League games to go ahead from Monday.

But stories about police availability in London ahead of funeral. Suspect Wed will go ahead, but Sat in doubt.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Next weekend matches doubtful on 15:16 - Sep 11 with 4548 viewstraininvain

Next weekend matches doubtful on 14:35 - Sep 11 by derbyhoop

National League games to go ahead from Monday.

But stories about police availability in London ahead of funeral. Suspect Wed will go ahead, but Sat in doubt.

Looks like games will be decided on a case by case basis: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62869041

I see that Glasgow Rangers game vs Napoli has been moved 24 hours to Wednesday night with away fans not allowed to attend which perhaps provides an insight into what to expect: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62869447
Next weekend matches doubtful on 17:00 - Sep 11 with 4368 viewsbollockchops

it dosnt make sense why postpone all games and not just the Liverpool game if that is the real reason ?
Next weekend matches doubtful on 17:05 - Sep 11 with 4343 viewsNorthernr

Next weekend matches doubtful on 17:00 - Sep 11 by bollockchops

it dosnt make sense why postpone all games and not just the Liverpool game if that is the real reason ?

Well the reason for us next week is basically half the world leaders are going to be in a five square mile bit of space in the middle of town, which takes some policing, I guess. You don't want to be dealing with 1,500 Stoke fans at the same time.

I can't see us being on at all. If it's not, I hope they announce it in good time, and just rearrange it for later. Notions that we could switch it to Stoke, play it without away fans etc, just absolute bullsht.
Next weekend matches doubtful on 18:45 - Sep 11 with 4095 viewsRamseyR

Next weekend matches doubtful on 17:05 - Sep 11 by Northernr

Well the reason for us next week is basically half the world leaders are going to be in a five square mile bit of space in the middle of town, which takes some policing, I guess. You don't want to be dealing with 1,500 Stoke fans at the same time.

I can't see us being on at all. If it's not, I hope they announce it in good time, and just rearrange it for later. Notions that we could switch it to Stoke, play it without away fans etc, just absolute bullsht.

World leaders will be arriving into all London airports, staying at stately homes/plush addresses across the home counties for a day or two beforehand. All those locations need to be kept secure. The SAS may well be required to dig in several days beforehand at some of these locations. The armed forces will be deploying ground to air missile defence sysytems in strategic locations, a big chunk of central London has to be security sweeped and then kept secure. All the planning operations and delivery for London to accommodate a huge increase in daily visitors every day, with possibly 2m(?) extra people on Monday itself. Think what is was like when just Trump came to stay. It's that x 50 . All the more reason why this weekend should have gone ahead, as next weekend it far too much of a stretch. Millwall's the tricky one, as it does take a lot of resource
Next weekend matches doubtful on 18:50 - Sep 11 with 4083 viewsconnell10

Next weekend matches doubtful on 17:05 - Sep 11 by Northernr

If we do reverse fixtures and play away I'd expect the league to stream the match live FOC.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Next weekend matches doubtful on 18:52 - Sep 11 with 4076 viewsfrancisbowles

Next weekend matches doubtful on 18:50 - Sep 11 by connell10

If we do reverse fixtures and play away I'd expect the league to stream the match live FOC.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024