Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brizzle reflections 17:45 - Oct 1 with 8838 viewsdmm

Is this the first time under Beale we've played in the break? I think so and we did it well.

Brizzle were nowhere near as good as I thought they'd be.

JCS was very good and I hope he's not crocked again. Balogun was equally as good.

Ireogbuman showed his inexperience on numerous occasions but is a very good player. I'd put Amos ahead of him though.

Are we a first half team this season?
Brizzle reflections on 22:15 - Oct 1 with 2783 viewsnix

Sorry to hear about your dad Paddy. May he RIP.
Brizzle reflections on 23:03 - Oct 1 with 2608 viewsHayesender

Firstly, condolences to you and yours Paddy, I'm sure you gave your Dad the send off he deserved.

Secondly, I thought our first half performance was nothing short of exceptional, and we really should have been out of sight at half time.

And finally, did I imagine it, or did Mick Beale video the away end after the game?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Brizzle reflections on 23:11 - Oct 1 with 2588 viewsParkRoyalR

Brizzle reflections on 21:49 - Oct 1 by Harbour

Condolences paddy to you and your family may your dad RIP.

Condolences Paddyhoops.
Brizzle reflections on 23:21 - Oct 1 with 2572 viewsqueensparker

Just back from Bristol - another amazing away support and a great day out.

Ashton Gate is such a great ground to visit, only tarnished by having to bloody drive there and back thanks to the strike!

Thought Johansen was excellent again today, having him back firing is like a new signing. New Big Bad Willock has added strength to his game now and their defence couldn’t handle him. Some of the balls he won and retained up front were superb, can see him developing into a proper target man centre forward. For the second half of the first half we were absolutely flying, some magnificent football going forward.
Brizzle reflections on 23:40 - Oct 1 with 2508 viewsqprd

Brizzle reflections on 18:24 - Oct 1 by traininvain

It’s very tight but I’ll take 11 games in and 5th. Next two games will be interesting but it’s such a long season and i suspect any promotion challenge will depend upon keeping key players fit which didn’t happen last season.

Beale seems to have the players going all out to kill games in the first half. Can’t be a coincidence as it’s happened too often. But if you go 2/3 up early on there’s usually going to be a reaction from half decent opposition. I actually thought we managed the second half quite comfortably but would’ve liked a third goal to settle the nerves!

IMO The reason qpr lost its way in the second half a bit was bc Beale was too slow to bring on dykes

Roberts is more of a linkup forward rather than one who holds the ball up… Bristol was naturally going to put some pressure on us and we needed a battering ram who you could kick it long to and try to win aerial duels, hold up the ball and win back possession

For all his attributes, roberts isn’t going to win you those duels that allow you to stop waves and waves of opposition attacks
Brizzle reflections on 00:20 - Oct 2 with 2413 viewsLblock

Brizzle reflections on 20:42 - Oct 1 by Paddyhoops

Sadly missed this game as we were flying back from the west of Ireland after the funeral of my dear dad . He passed away after his condition took a turn for this worst on Tuesday.
He loved his football but could not understand how his three sons supported QPR in a country dominated by Liverpool and Man Utd fans!
However I’m pretty certain it was the first result he looked out for.
He had a huge funeral and we drank to his memory into the small hours.
Great result today and it didn’t half cheer me up .
Real chance of play offs this season. We have some quality players!

My utmost condolences

RIP

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Brizzle reflections on 00:20 - Oct 2 with 2413 viewsMrSheen

Brizzle reflections on 23:40 - Oct 1 by qprd

IMO The reason qpr lost its way in the second half a bit was bc Beale was too slow to bring on dykes

Roberts is more of a linkup forward rather than one who holds the ball up… Bristol was naturally going to put some pressure on us and we needed a battering ram who you could kick it long to and try to win aerial duels, hold up the ball and win back possession

For all his attributes, roberts isn’t going to win you those duels that allow you to stop waves and waves of opposition attacks

Condolences Paddy. Irish funerals are amazing events, you can see the lines from space. It’s an incredible feeling to see what people thought of your family members.
Brizzle reflections on 00:27 - Oct 2 with 2401 viewsKonk

Sorry to hear about your Dad, mate. Glad he had a great send-off and hopefully your memories will be a comfort. Take it easy. Hopefully the win gave you a bit of light at the end of a tough week.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Login to get fewer ads

Brizzle reflections on 01:02 - Oct 2 with 2343 viewsKerryE

Sadly missed this game as we were flying back from the west of Ireland after the funeral of my dear dad . He passed away after his condition took a turn for this worst on Tuesday.
He loved his football but could not understand how his three sons supported QPR in a country dominated by Liverpool and Man Utd fans!

Such sad news. For those of us who have lost our Dad's, I wish you well.
Brizzle reflections on 06:44 - Oct 2 with 2219 viewsqprd

RIP
Brizzle reflections on 07:55 - Oct 2 with 2129 viewsdmm

Thinking further about being a first half team, I've looked at when we've scored our goals this season. In both league and cup games, it's 11 in the first half and 6 in the second half. So far we've not yet scored a home goal at the LR end.

Over the years it's often occurred to me that we've been better in one half or another. This season looks like being the first 45.
Brizzle reflections on 08:11 - Oct 2 with 2104 views222gers

Brizzle reflections on 21:59 - Oct 1 by Paddyhoops

My brother and are I both in or late 50s now so it was the 74 team and the Irish connection of Din Givens that did for us . Couldn’t believe our luck when we nearly won the league a couple of years later. I emigrated here in 87 and although I always got a few games in a season , I didn’t become a regular until our star started to wain in the late nineties.
Ironically I was born a stones throw from Fullers brewery so I suppose it was fate I would become a QPR fan.

Oh, I wouldn't throw stones at Fuller's brewery Paddy !
Brizzle reflections on 08:36 - Oct 2 with 2046 viewsdavman

Brizzle reflections on 18:10 - Oct 1 by NorthantsHoop

I feel confident if we go ahead that we won't lose. Some great performances all round, again Johansen a stand out for me.

I'm not. We go 3 up and I am still worried...

Not like we closed the game out and they didn't have a chance yesterday was it? We are much improved, but still worry me...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Brizzle reflections on 08:52 - Oct 2 with 1999 viewsDWQPR

Paddy, my condolences. I would trust that you dear Dad was as good a father as our Mum was as good a mother to us. We lost Mum on 22nd September. She was 86. When she married Dad she married into a staunch QPR family from Notting Dale. She would occasionally go with Dad in the 50’s and her favourite player was Bobby Cameron. She went to the League Cup final and FA Cup final and even went to that fateful day at Norwich in ‘76. She was president of the Paddington British Legion, Freeman of the City of London and a member of the City & Guilds. In her time she opened Tower Bridge, with my son closing it, lunched with Black Rod in the Lords dining room and was a great, Mum, Grandma and great-Grandma. She was also a cockney and very proud of being a Londoner and of her home town.

God bless you Mum.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Brizzle reflections on 09:02 - Oct 2 with 1954 viewsfrancisbowles

Brizzle reflections on 08:52 - Oct 2 by DWQPR

Paddy, my condolences. I would trust that you dear Dad was as good a father as our Mum was as good a mother to us. We lost Mum on 22nd September. She was 86. When she married Dad she married into a staunch QPR family from Notting Dale. She would occasionally go with Dad in the 50’s and her favourite player was Bobby Cameron. She went to the League Cup final and FA Cup final and even went to that fateful day at Norwich in ‘76. She was president of the Paddington British Legion, Freeman of the City of London and a member of the City & Guilds. In her time she opened Tower Bridge, with my son closing it, lunched with Black Rod in the Lords dining room and was a great, Mum, Grandma and great-Grandma. She was also a cockney and very proud of being a Londoner and of her home town.

God bless you Mum.

Lovely tribute to your Mum DW. Condolences to you and Paddy.
Brizzle reflections on 10:13 - Oct 2 with 1788 viewsBlackCrowe

Best wishes to you Paddyhoops.x

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Brizzle reflections on 10:31 - Oct 2 with 1732 viewsPaddyhoops

Brizzle reflections on 08:52 - Oct 2 by DWQPR

God bless you Mum.

My condolences DW. She sounds like a wonderful woman .
Many thanks to everyone on this wonderful forum . We argue about politics and it’s gets a bit aggy at times but at times of sadness the love That comes through is touching .
We’re all united in our passion for QPR and that enough .
Thanks to everyone here. Your all legends .
Brizzle reflections on 11:02 - Oct 2 with 1640 viewsBklynRanger

I missed the whole thing yesterday so looking forward to watching the first half at least when it comes available - sounds like it was a good one. This idea of starting a game at speed is a simple but very welcome one.

And RIP to your dad, Paddy - sounds like he got a great send off. My dad passed away over 20 years ago now, but he had the same bemusement as yours about my QPR support.

Condolences to you too DW - your mum had some life.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2022 13:03]
Brizzle reflections on 11:03 - Oct 2 with 1637 viewshook_hoops

Sincere condolences to Paddyhoops and DW. You have both lost a wonderful parent.

RIP
Brizzle reflections on 11:29 - Oct 2 with 1584 viewsPaddyhoops

Brizzle reflections on 11:03 - Oct 2 by hook_hoops

Sincere condolences to Paddyhoops and DW. You have both lost a wonderful parent.

RIP

Many thanks to the wonderful QPR fans on here and Konk!
Your all legends!
Brizzle reflections on 11:53 - Oct 2 with 1541 viewsderbyhoop

My condolences, Paddy.

I suspect Irish funerals are not the most sombre of events, as people remember the good times. So should you. Keep your chin up.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Brizzle reflections on 12:37 - Oct 2 with 1466 viewsPaddyhoops

Brizzle reflections on 11:53 - Oct 2 by derbyhoop

My condolences, Paddy.

I suspect Irish funerals are not the most sombre of events, as people remember the good times. So should you. Keep your chin up.

No mate . He came back to his house in the coffin and we had an all night wake . Full of laughter and anecdotes. I know it sounds like a contradiction in terms but it was joyous.
Brian might put me right on this but they’re trying to put a stop to it on health and safety grounds.
I hope not but it would be another culling of our culture here if they did.
Brizzle reflections on 12:59 - Oct 2 with 1427 viewsPunteR

Condolences to you Paddy and to you DW.
Football can seem meaningless in the circumstances but hopefully a good result plus some kind words from your fellow QPR supporters goes some way to ease your grief.
Take care lads x

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Brizzle reflections on 16:00 - Oct 2 with 1191 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Yesterday's victory is for your old man. May he rest in peace.
Brizzle reflections on 17:25 - Oct 2 with 1050 viewsNoelmc

Condolences Paddy & DW. It was nice to hear the stories about your late parents funerals, which obviously were uplifting experiences.

Sounds like the R's performance yesterday was very uplifting too. It's great that our loyal away support are being rewarded with some impressive performances over the last few seasons (including MW's tenure) after many years where away games were mainly disappointing affairs. Long may it continue.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024