Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wilder sacked 09:43 - Oct 3 with 3943 viewsPhildo

not one you would have expected at the start of the season
Wilder sacked on 09:47 - Oct 3 with 3864 viewstoboboly

Classic LFW curse right there

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Wilder sacked on 09:56 - Oct 3 with 3802 viewsToast_R

Good manager Chris Wilder until it s starts to go wrong and then it appears he struggles to get it back on track. Always comes across as a complete knob when things don't go his way so you do wonder if his attitude loses the dressing room.
Wilder sacked on 09:58 - Oct 3 with 3795 viewsNorthernr

Wilder sacked on 09:47 - Oct 3 by toboboly

Classic LFW curse right there

This one really is a classic of that genre.
Wilder sacked on 10:04 - Oct 3 with 3747 viewstoboboly

Wilder sacked on 09:58 - Oct 3 by Northernr

I don't think anyone would have had Boro struggling so badly, or Huddersfield or Coventry for that matter.

Wilder sacked on 10:05 - Oct 3 with 3742 viewsNorthernr

Wilder sacked on 10:04 - Oct 3 by toboboly

I don't think anyone would have had Boro struggling so badly, or Huddersfield or Coventry for that matter.

TBF I did say Huddersfield would struggle.

Reading, Coventry and Boro I'm surprised at.

I'm not that surprised at West Brom, wish I'd stuck to my guns and had them midtable.
Wilder sacked on 10:06 - Oct 3 with 3728 viewslightwaterhoop

He's too tough and old fashioned for a lot of players i suspect.
Wilder sacked on 10:10 - Oct 3 with 3693 viewstoboboly

Wilder sacked on 10:05 - Oct 3 by Northernr

I'm not that surprised at West Brom, wish I'd stuck to my guns and had them midtable.

Yeah Reading are a peculiar one, I am hoping that after we batter them on Friday they will sink like a stone. They can't be this lucky every year.

Also surprised Brum are doing as well as they are.

Wilder sacked on 10:15 - Oct 3 with 3664 viewsAntti_Heinola

Wilder sacked on 09:58 - Oct 3 by Northernr

Unless the new manager storms it!

Twitter keyboard warriors screaming we should have sacked Warbs for Wilder in Jan might be a bit quiet today...

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Wilder sacked on 10:27 - Oct 3 with 3601 viewscyprusmel

Wilder sacked on 10:05 - Oct 3 by Northernr

I have Middlesborough in a promotion treble with Ipswich and Salford.
Just cannot believe how badly they are playing.
Wilder sacked on 10:42 - Oct 3 with 3503 viewsHunterhoop

Something must have gone on in the dressing room and behind the scenes up there. Huge surprise they’re doing so badly with that squad.

West Brom, I think are the biggest under performers. Their first XI and bench has to be the strongest in depth in the league. Their wage bill must be HUGE. If any manager deserves the sack, it is Bruce. Game has moved on and he’s out of his depth. Their squad should be challenging for automatic.

I assume the only reason he’s still in the job is because of the chairman’s ego. Isn’t Bruce a mate of his who he was desperate to bring in?

Reading are weird. Hopefully we stuff them on Friday and the wheels falls off. Interested about Utd. McBurnie is on fire but his career record is pretty poor so can’t see him keeping that up, and I’m not sure their squad is a deep as others think.

Watford are hugely under performing and still the most likely to win the league, IMO. Them or boring old Norwich.
Wilder sacked on 10:58 - Oct 3 with 3418 viewsNorthernr

Wilder sacked on 10:42 - Oct 3 by Hunterhoop

Something must have gone on in the dressing room and behind the scenes up there. Huge surprise they’re doing so badly with that squad.

West Brom, I think are the biggest under performers. Their first XI and bench has to be the strongest in depth in the league. Their wage bill must be HUGE. If any manager deserves the sack, it is Bruce. Game has moved on and he’s out of his depth. Their squad should be challenging for automatic.

I assume the only reason he’s still in the job is because of the chairman’s ego. Isn’t Bruce a mate of his who he was desperate to bring in?

Reading are weird. Hopefully we stuff them on Friday and the wheels falls off. Interested about Utd. McBurnie is on fire but his career record is pretty poor so can’t see him keeping that up, and I’m not sure their squad is a deep as others think.

Watford are hugely under performing and still the most likely to win the league, IMO. Them or boring old Norwich.

West Brom's owner has gone skint, is desperate to offload the club, took £5m out of it last year to prop up one of his other businesses. I wonder whether the cost of sacking Bruce might come into this.
Wilder sacked on 11:06 - Oct 3 with 3382 viewsenfieldargh

Brum have a good progeressive young manager plus they added Bielik who is prem class when fit and Chong from manU.

Hogan has rediscovered his scoring touch plus plenty of experience at the back. Mid table easily for them unless behind the scenes rerails them.

I think many of the teams best starting 11's are pretty good however age, injuries, suspensions, squad depth is going to effect how teams remain consistent.

Hope Dyche doesnt get involved in this league as I quite like the ways clubs are pressing the panic button so early.

Love to see Alex Neal jump ship from Stoke to Boro

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Wilder sacked on 11:16 - Oct 3 with 3336 viewsted_hendrix

Cash Is key.

Plain and simple.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Wilder sacked on 11:58 - Oct 3 with 3173 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Wilder sacked on 10:27 - Oct 3 by cyprusmel

I have Middlesborough in a promotion treble with Ipswich and Salford.
Just cannot believe how badly they are playing.

Same here. Every season my syndicate picks five lines of accumulators picking one team from each of the top four divisions. I had Boro in four of my five lines!
Wilder sacked on 12:23 - Oct 3 with 3052 viewsderbyhoop

On Saturday I speculated who'd be first to go - Wilder or Bruce.

Now we know. Hardly a shock, although Boro's start is.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Wilder sacked on 12:42 - Oct 3 with 2936 viewsWestbourneR

This is so weird.
They were best team at Loftus Road last year, slightly terrifying.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Wilder sacked on 12:42 - Oct 3 with 2932 viewssprocket

Wilder sacked on 12:23 - Oct 3 by derbyhoop

On Saturday I speculated who'd be first to go - Wilder or Bruce.

Now we know. Hardly a shock, although Boro's start is.

Although Wilder is very different to new coaches like Beale and all that bullshit about modern day methods etc.. I would take Wilder in a heartbeat as a QPR manager.
Wilder sacked on 12:46 - Oct 3 with 2909 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Wilder sacked on 10:15 - Oct 3 by Antti_Heinola

Unless the new manager storms it!

Twitter keyboard warriors screaming we should have sacked Warbs for Wilder in Jan might be a bit quiet today...

I don't know about that. He'd more than likely have got us in the play-offs as he's a decent manager on a bad run.

I imagine Steve Bruce will have some more time for his novel writing pretty soon too.
Wilder sacked on 13:06 - Oct 3 with 2834 viewsAntti_Heinola

Wilder sacked on 12:46 - Oct 3 by Wegerles_Stairs

I don't know about that. He'd more than likely have got us in the play-offs as he's a decent manager on a bad run.

I imagine Steve Bruce will have some more time for his novel writing pretty soon too.

My point was more that changing a manager isn’t always the answer. The evidence at Boro doesn’t support the idea he might’ve got us in the playoffs, especially with the personnel he would have had, which certainly doesn’t suit his very particular style.
Warbs was also a good manager on a bad run, but i suppose when it’s your own club you have less patience. Gibson doesn’t usually act quickly either. I don’t think we’ll see much of Wilder as a force at this level anymore personally.

Bare bones.

Wilder sacked on 13:08 - Oct 3 with 2817 viewsTheChef

Wilder sacked on 10:58 - Oct 3 by Northernr

West Brom's owner has gone skint, is desperate to offload the club, took £5m out of it last year to prop up one of his other businesses. I wonder whether the cost of sacking Bruce might come into this.

That must be one of the few key reasons why Bruce is still in the job. Anyone else surely would have gone by now?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Wilder sacked on 13:14 - Oct 3 with 2779 viewsTacticalR

This is quite strange.

Northernr said in his match preview before we played Sheffield United in October 2017: 'Since taking over at Bramall Lane at the start of last season Chris Wilder has won 40 and drawn ten of his 60 matches in charge — only Antonio Conte and Mauricio Pochettino have a better record in this country over the same period of time'.

I wonder if the problem is that Wilder is one of those people who needs complete control of everything so finds it difficult to get on with owners? That seemed to be the reason why he left Sheffield United when Abdullah took full control of the club.

Air hostess clique

Wilder sacked on 14:02 - Oct 3 with 2565 viewsNorthantsHoop

I am not so sure Wilder will be unduly worried about losing the Boro job, he will get another decent job soon. Never really thought he was totally comfortable at Boro.
Wilder sacked on 15:02 - Oct 3 with 2397 viewsCamberleyR

Given how he was eased out saying the club wanted a change of direction, I suspect our old friend Uncle Neil will be having a wry smile today.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2022 15:04]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Wilder sacked on 15:52 - Oct 3 with 2245 viewskensalriser

Obvious as soon as that result v Coventry came in.

Not sure I'd want to swap Beale with any other manager in the division right now and I'm surprised any other Rs fan would.

Somebody needs to explain Reading to me though.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Wilder sacked on 15:52 - Oct 3 with 2240 viewsdanehoop

Wilder sacked on 15:02 - Oct 3 by CamberleyR

Given how he was eased out saying the club wanted a change of direction, I suspect our old friend Uncle Neil will be having a wry smile today.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2022 15:04]

Well it is truthful to say they got a change of direction I guess

Never knowingly understood

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024