Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kakay 00:01 - Jan 3 with 5926 viewsOakR

I'm so pleased for him. What a great game he had tonight. He was also great pre-season and the first game he played. I really wasn't sure if he could make it but I really think he could cut it at this level now.

He's also been a total pro, throughout the Todd Kane nonsense and being dropped at the start of this season. Seems very likeable as well.

Lots of positives tonight - what a difference a few days makes!

Poll: Will we stay up?

Kakay on 00:06 - Jan 3 with 4192 viewsnix

I thought it was his best performance for us. Really involved, a couple of good runs and good crosses. Hope it encourages him going forward.
Kakay on 00:08 - Jan 3 with 4162 viewsParkRoyalR

Yes, always 100%, strong in the tackle and can support attack, his positional play is sometimes his Achilles so prefer him in a 4 rather than as a Wing-back in a 5.
Kakay on 00:20 - Jan 3 with 4108 viewsHunterhoop

I love Ossie. Great squad player. Gives everything. Versatile. Plays far better than he gets credit for.

But, he was the primary fault for the equaliser. Got sucked in narrow and under the cross completely unnecessarily. From there it came back in a couple of times and they score. If he holds his original position (which was good!) he clears it easily and we win.

I love him, but it was a basic error and you could see it unfolding from the Loft.
Kakay on 00:55 - Jan 3 with 3984 viewsGreenbay

Agree with above especially the OP.
If/when Laird returns - I've always thought that Ozzy could play on the right of midfield.
Mentioned this last year.
He's strong and powerful and has pace.
Based on this game and some sub appearances Ozzy has hugely improved despite losing his place to loan Laird at the start of the season.
He has been prone to the occasional error - there were a couple against SU - that's very tough for a defender but overall he was really good.
But in midfield I think he would be great along with being the cover at right/wing-back
He's QPR though and through - been at the club since he was 7 - now he's 25.
Whadya think NC?
Kakay on 02:23 - Jan 3 with 3868 viewsnumptydumpty

Well done Ossie

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Kakay on 09:13 - Jan 3 with 3435 viewsE17hoop

Kakay on 00:55 - Jan 3 by Greenbay

Agree with above especially the OP.
If/when Laird returns - I've always thought that Ozzy could play on the right of midfield.
Mentioned this last year.
He's strong and powerful and has pace.
Based on this game and some sub appearances Ozzy has hugely improved despite losing his place to loan Laird at the start of the season.
He has been prone to the occasional error - there were a couple against SU - that's very tough for a defender but overall he was really good.
But in midfield I think he would be great along with being the cover at right/wing-back
He's QPR though and through - been at the club since he was 7 - now he's 25.
Whadya think NC?

The frustrating thing is he was slow to get up - probably because of the injury on 90 - and didn't challenge the header back into the box for their goal. No blame, just frustration.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: How has this season been?

Kakay on 09:27 - Jan 3 with 3348 viewsswisscottage

There's one thing Kakay gives that Laird doesn't, is he's much more likely to put in an early cross .. or any cross at all. Whilst I believe Laird to be the better defender and he has the better technical ability he still manages to spend most of his time running into trouble/

I personally wouldn't be too upset if Laird went back to ManU in Jan, and Kakay was given the second half of the season outside of it leaving us a bit light at right back.

I've always liked him, and his one major flaw over the last couple of seasons has been his slight dithering and vulnerability to losing the ball when put under pressure when there aren't any easy options for him.
Kakay on 09:28 - Jan 3 with 3341 viewsdaveB

Kakay on 00:20 - Jan 3 by Hunterhoop

I love Ossie. Great squad player. Gives everything. Versatile. Plays far better than he gets credit for.

But, he was the primary fault for the equaliser. Got sucked in narrow and under the cross completely unnecessarily. From there it came back in a couple of times and they score. If he holds his original position (which was good!) he clears it easily and we win.

I love him, but it was a basic error and you could see it unfolding from the Loft.

bang on here, i thought he played really well but his mistake at the end was very costly
Login to get fewer ads

Kakay on 09:35 - Jan 3 with 3260 viewsPinnerPaul

Kakay on 09:28 - Jan 3 by daveB

bang on here, i thought he played really well but his mistake at the end was very costly

They put that many balls in the box, someones bound to mess up in the end.

They had 3 one on ones with Seny don't forget, so while the late timing is always going to hurt, but that was probably a fair result in the end.
Kakay on 09:48 - Jan 3 with 3210 viewsJPC

It was noticeable how high up the field Os played - which really helped crowd the Sheffield midfield and took the game to them. I don’t think the last 15 were a question of sitting back, more simply being really tired from what was a very good high pressing performance.

Play like this every week, and that’s a team I can get behind, whatever the deficiencies…

And love the way Os actually seems to enjoy himself
Kakay on 09:51 - Jan 3 with 3200 viewsbosh67

I think if Kakay can improve his passing going forward he is pretty decent all round. Works very hard and has pace. I am a big fan of Laird but Kakay as one of our own is improving.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Kakay on 09:53 - Jan 3 with 3186 viewsnix

Kakay on 09:51 - Jan 3 by bosh67

I think if Kakay can improve his passing going forward he is pretty decent all round. Works very hard and has pace. I am a big fan of Laird but Kakay as one of our own is improving.

His crossing seems to have improved this season and he's more aggressive going forward.
Kakay on 09:56 - Jan 3 with 3177 viewsPhilmyRs

Agree with this. Would add he was also ball watching after he hit the ground, should have got to his feet straight away and been proactive. I don't think I've seen a game where Kakay's started and not fallen over.

Slightly harsh I know, especially as I thought yesterday was one of his better games, but I think Kakay's biggest fault is he doesn't trust, or have the ability, to receive the ball in tight areas. A notable thing with him is that when either centre back have the ball, rather than drop back quickly and demand it to feet, as Laird often does and give them an easy ball, unless he has acres in front of him, he tends to gesture for the ball to go long as he's marked. Occasionally he does get it played in to him just ahead of the opposition press coming and he looks incredibly nervous and more often than a full back playing for a team with top 6 aspirations should, gives up possession or goes long. To be the player we all want him to be, he needs to believe in his technique more, and be willing to receive possession in tight areas throughout the 90 mins. Effort yes, much improved crosser, yes, willing to throw himself into the battle, yes, pace, ok, technical ability...?
Kakay on 09:57 - Jan 3 with 3168 viewstraininvain

I thought Kakay played very well but his legs were gone by the end and perhaps should’ve been subbed. There was a moment late on when a Sheff Utd player ran past Kakay and it looked like he was running through treacle. That was the warning sign.

All of that said, I still think Dunne needs to clear his lines better with the header instead of keeping it in the mix for Sheff Utd to capitalise. But that’s probably being a bit harsh given how tired they must’ve been.
Kakay on 10:16 - Jan 3 with 3107 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I couldn't believe it when he feigned and cut inside in the second half. That is Kakay?????
Kakay on 10:32 - Jan 3 with 3081 viewskernowhoop

Kakay on 10:16 - Jan 3 by Wegerles_Stairs

I couldn't believe it when he feigned and cut inside in the second half. That is Kakay?????

That was lovely. I was thinking 'What to do next?' Not sure he was entirely clear about that!
Kakay on 10:34 - Jan 3 with 3069 viewsdaveB

Kakay on 09:35 - Jan 3 by PinnerPaul

They put that many balls in the box, someones bound to mess up in the end.

They had 3 one on ones with Seny don't forget, so while the late timing is always going to hurt, but that was probably a fair result in the end.

yeah not throwing him under the bus or anything, on balance of play a draw was fair but very cruel how it happened.
Kakay on 10:38 - Jan 3 with 3041 viewsted_hendrix

He's ours too.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Kakay on 11:56 - Jan 3 with 2862 viewsDWQPR

Very harsh to pick out Kakay for their goal. He made very few errors last night and whether he was at fault or not the fact is that Dunne, Dickie and Paal all made the odd error which nobody has cited. That’s defending for you. It happens. That’s why half the time teams score goals and the fact that the divisions second top scorers only managed one and in the 96th minute of 95 that should have been played tells you that as a unit the defence did a very good job. And their goal like ours took a deflection that took it away from being directly hit at Seny.

And as for confidence and ability on the ball, maybe telling Kakay, if Laird does go back that he has the right back slot for the rest of the season may be the thing that helps him to develop into the player we all want him to become. For me he is actually a better defender than Furlong but Furlong was better at getting forward. But last night Kakay’s forward play was everything that we all want to see and cutting in at one point and taking a shot with his left foot which was charged down was to me showing someone who was starting to believe more in his ability.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Kakay on 12:08 - Jan 3 with 2807 viewsdmm

I love a player who plays with a smile on his face. So few do. Kakay does all the time with a lovely infectious grin.
Kakay on 12:18 - Jan 3 with 2772 viewsHooping_Mad

He had a great game, his feet aren't as quick as Laird but I think he's better in a 4.

Seems like a confidence player, hope he watches the game back so he can see what worked well for him.

Of all the players in the squad, he's the one I most want to get a goal.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Kakay on 12:28 - Jan 3 with 2716 viewsLazyFan

He played great.

Remember this is a player who is not as match sharp as the others, as he was just dropped back into the team again.

Compared to people like Shodpio or Thomas who are in the same situation he did a great job. Imagine if we had to rely on Travelman as cover.

We need Kaky to sign a new contract now really.

zzzzzzzzzz

Kakay on 12:30 - Jan 3 with 2709 viewsdmm

Kakay on 12:28 - Jan 3 by LazyFan

He played great.

Remember this is a player who is not as match sharp as the others, as he was just dropped back into the team again.

Compared to people like Shodpio or Thomas who are in the same situation he did a great job. Imagine if we had to rely on Travelman as cover.

We need Kaky to sign a new contract now really.

Don't worry too much as his present contract runs to 2024.
Kakay on 14:00 - Jan 3 with 2571 viewsgolborne

Kakay on 09:28 - Jan 3 by daveB

Sadly, fatigue set in, but totally understandable given his lack of minutes over the past 4 months - he had a cracking game up until about 80 mins, but struggled there in with nobody on the bench able to fill in. Hats off to him for the hunger he shows when given a chance.
Kakay on 14:42 - Jan 3 with 2483 viewsOakR

You're right, he didn't need to challenge for the header, and he can learn from that, and he might have responded faster after.

But considering it's his first game in ages, he played the full 95 (and must have been shattered), we could maybe have cleared it better, we left someone unmarked in the area and it was a deflection I don't blame him too much. Just a bit unfortunate, and they had other chances not down to him, which they didn't score from. We also could have done better going forwards at times to make it 2-0 and get the win.

So I think you are both right and wrong - he could have done better, but I don't think it's the reason we drew the game. For a first game in a long time though - he did well.

I'd like to see him have a run in the team and see how he does - I really feel he has improved, and hopefully that would contiue the more he plays.

Poll: Will we stay up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024