Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thomas next ? 19:20 - Jan 4 with 6874 viewspaulhoop2

Got to seriously think about letting him go next surely ?

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Thomas next ? on 19:33 - Jan 4 with 4766 viewsToast_R

By George!
Yeah he seems like a player who needs to drop a level.
Thomas next ? on 19:37 - Jan 4 with 4742 viewsHayesender

Him, Nico, Bettach and a few more need to be shipped out unfortunately

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Thomas next ? on 20:09 - Jan 4 with 4611 viewsstanistheman

Thomas next ? on 19:37 - Jan 4 by Hayesender

Him, Nico, Bettach and a few more need to be shipped out unfortunately

Them and also Owens whol is on loan but been injured, again, since September!
Thomas next ? on 20:17 - Jan 4 with 4569 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Thomas next ? on 20:09 - Jan 4 by stanistheman

Them and also Owens whol is on loan but been injured, again, since September!

Poor Owens, if he were a horse he’d have been turned into glue long ago.

It seems to me he’d be better off giving it up to protect his legs/health, and set himself up with the insurance money. Shame for the lad, but he and we need to move on. No problem that we initially stood by him, but we’ve probably done so for too long. We really should have done pulled the plug a while back and saved ourselves a few quid.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Thomas next ? on 20:40 - Jan 4 with 4434 viewsBoston

Thomas next ? on 20:17 - Jan 4 by PlanetHonneywood

Poor Owens, if he were a horse he’d have been turned into glue long ago.

It seems to me he’d be better off giving it up to protect his legs/health, and set himself up with the insurance money. Shame for the lad, but he and we need to move on. No problem that we initially stood by him, but we’ve probably done so for too long. We really should have done pulled the plug a while back and saved ourselves a few quid.

Invaluable part of the squad, every business needs tax write offs.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Thomas next ? on 20:48 - Jan 4 with 4393 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Thomas next ? on 20:40 - Jan 4 by Boston

Invaluable part of the squad, every business needs tax write offs.

No wonder the UK is fecked, QPR must be draining the treasury coffers with a yearly tax rebate.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Thomas next ? on 21:08 - Jan 4 with 4258 viewsLblock

DING DONG!! Has he gone???

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Thomas next ? on 21:27 - Jan 4 with 4188 viewsdaveB

I doubt he is on much money so would probably keep him until the summer in case we get any injuries
Login to get fewer ads

Thomas next ? on 09:43 - Jan 5 with 3802 viewsfrancisbowles

Thomas next ? on 21:27 - Jan 4 by daveB

I doubt he is on much money so would probably keep him until the summer in case we get any injuries

Exactly DaveB, no point in paying up his contract. Unless another club signs him, let him stay as cover until he is out of contract.
Thomas next ? on 09:58 - Jan 5 with 3741 viewsBlue_Castello

Thomas next ? on 09:43 - Jan 5 by francisbowles

Exactly DaveB, no point in paying up his contract. Unless another club signs him, let him stay as cover until he is out of contract.

Yup no player is going to walk away from a contract unless they are pretty certain they will get as good or a better offer elsewhere. Bonne had his contract terminated which I am assuming means we didn't give him a pay off, it's saved us about a £200 to 250 thousand and he becomes a free agent putting him in an advantageous position for a deal with a new club, another assumption is that his agent has had contact with other clubs and they are confident of getting a deal elsewhere.
Thomas next ? on 10:09 - Jan 5 with 3703 viewsPBLOCK

Thomas next ? on 09:58 - Jan 5 by Blue_Castello

Yup no player is going to walk away from a contract unless they are pretty certain they will get as good or a better offer elsewhere. Bonne had his contract terminated which I am assuming means we didn't give him a pay off, it's saved us about a £200 to 250 thousand and he becomes a free agent putting him in an advantageous position for a deal with a new club, another assumption is that his agent has had contact with other clubs and they are confident of getting a deal elsewhere.

Bonne was mutually terminated so say for example he’s on £5k a week and has 25 weeks left on his contract we would owe him £125k (made up figures) we offer him £75k we save £50k and like you say he is then in a position as a free agent to negotiate a better signing on fee when he joins the new club

We would definitely have made a payment of some description as otherwise he would have sat it out til the summer the offer we have made just means we accelerated the situation by 6 months and maybe saved a few quid
Thomas next ? on 10:13 - Jan 5 with 3676 viewsfrancisbowles

Thomas next ? on 10:09 - Jan 5 by PBLOCK

Bonne was mutually terminated so say for example he’s on £5k a week and has 25 weeks left on his contract we would owe him £125k (made up figures) we offer him £75k we save £50k and like you say he is then in a position as a free agent to negotiate a better signing on fee when he joins the new club

We would definitely have made a payment of some description as otherwise he would have sat it out til the summer the offer we have made just means we accelerated the situation by 6 months and maybe saved a few quid

I agree and it may have been more, if there was a number of games fee issue which meant we won't be playing him, we would probably want him away from the club.
Thomas next ? on 10:24 - Jan 5 with 3651 viewsBlue_Castello

Thomas next ? on 10:09 - Jan 5 by PBLOCK

Thanks it was very naive of me to think we wouldn't have to give him a part payment fee towards the remainder of his contract, hopefully we saved a bit of money and can put that towards the next deal.....
Thomas next ? on 10:44 - Jan 5 with 3529 viewsShotKneesHoop

Thomas next ? on 21:08 - Jan 4 by Lblock

DING DONG!! Has he gone???

"Ding Dong" was Leslie Phillips' catch phrase, Terry Thomas's catch phrase was "You're a shower, an absolute shower" which appears to be a more accurate phrase, after the Luton game.

[Post edited 5 Jan 2023 10:46]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Thomas next ? on 14:36 - Jan 5 with 3253 viewspaulhoop2

Another signing we must question. Not up to championship status they bang on about Andy Belk but not impressed going on bonne , Thomas etc

Thomas next ? on 15:02 - Jan 5 with 3161 viewsPinnerPaul

Thomas next ? on 14:36 - Jan 5 by paulhoop2

Another signing we must question. Not up to championship status they bang on about Andy Belk but not impressed going on bonne , Thomas etc

If you watch the interview, he actually says that all clubs have a recruitment/scouting/analytics department and use it for all age groups.

If there was a magic formula, everyone would be using it - there isn't of course, as we're dealing with real life human beings and not a computer game!

Despite the impression on here, ALL clubs sign players who don't work out.

Just read Clive's interviews with oppo fans each game - he lists the season incomings of each club there - there's loads of players in those lists who have been "unsuccessful"

Of course we made the not unique, but not that usual on that scale, mistake of big rubbish signings when we were in the PL, but not sure what the Bonne signing has to do with those mistakes that have been discussed about 1,000,000 times on here already.
Thomas next ? on 15:16 - Jan 5 with 3126 viewsAntti_Heinola

Thomas next ? on 14:36 - Jan 5 by paulhoop2

Yep - but it's not an exact science. I remember when we signed Hoilett, there wasn't a fan on here that wasn't delighted, and fans of clubs as big as Man U were annoyed they hadn't gone for him. Now most on here, unfairly imo, regard him with disdain (not saying he was fantastic, but doesn't deserve quite the vitriol he gets). As Clive often points out, Caulker was another one greeted with universal approval.
Thomas looked like very good business: young, had done well at league one as a youngster, had a great attitude, was captain of Leicester's second side, fitted into our formation, space to grow, sell-on potential. Other clubs interested. Well thought of at Leicester.
It's all right now going 'oh another fk up' but sadly Belk can't time travel, he can't legislate for the bloke having a strong debut before getting immediately injured and so on.
I know it's hard to accept but some transfers will be bombs. Look at the amount of absolute dross Fergie signed! It took him about 6 goes to find a proper Schmecihel replacement.

Bare bones.

Thomas next ? on 15:21 - Jan 5 with 3097 viewsPinnerPaul

Thomas next ? on 15:16 - Jan 5 by Antti_Heinola

Yep - but it's not an exact science. I remember when we signed Hoilett, there wasn't a fan on here that wasn't delighted, and fans of clubs as big as Man U were annoyed they hadn't gone for him. Now most on here, unfairly imo, regard him with disdain (not saying he was fantastic, but doesn't deserve quite the vitriol he gets). As Clive often points out, Caulker was another one greeted with universal approval.
Thomas looked like very good business: young, had done well at league one as a youngster, had a great attitude, was captain of Leicester's second side, fitted into our formation, space to grow, sell-on potential. Other clubs interested. Well thought of at Leicester.
It's all right now going 'oh another fk up' but sadly Belk can't time travel, he can't legislate for the bloke having a strong debut before getting immediately injured and so on.
I know it's hard to accept but some transfers will be bombs. Look at the amount of absolute dross Fergie signed! It took him about 6 goes to find a proper Schmecihel replacement.

Indeed on a lighter note - just look at the 'showreel' of Paal on that interview.

Compare the goals on that with his, slightly fortunate, 1 header he has scored for us!
Thomas next ? on 15:32 - Jan 5 with 3072 viewsAntti_Heinola

Thomas next ? on 15:21 - Jan 5 by PinnerPaul

Indeed on a lighter note - just look at the 'showreel' of Paal on that interview.

Compare the goals on that with his, slightly fortunate, 1 header he has scored for us!

He's only played 20 odd games mate! Give him a chance to score a worldy!

I'm not having that header as fortunate either. You cheeky blighter.

Bare bones.

Thomas next ? on 15:39 - Jan 5 with 3044 viewspaulhoop2

I wonder if I mentioned Les instead of Belk you all would have agreed lol seems like some are untouchable. Belk heads up recruitment and there are more misses then hits really

Thomas next ? on 16:38 - Jan 5 with 2901 viewsslmrstid

Just a gut feel really but I'd be willing to bet most fans of most clubs grumble that most of their signings end up being rubbish.

Re Antti's point on Fergie/Schmeichel - quite and even then the replacement was an ageing Edwin van der Sar who'd already been playing for Fulham for a few years! Which considering he'd gone to Fulham having already played for Ajax and Juventus...
[Post edited 5 Jan 2023 16:39]
Thomas next ? on 16:46 - Jan 5 with 2861 viewsAntti_Heinola

Thomas next ? on 15:39 - Jan 5 by paulhoop2

I wonder if I mentioned Les instead of Belk you all would have agreed lol seems like some are untouchable. Belk heads up recruitment and there are more misses then hits really

i think if you look at all transfers gnerally, that's correct - more misse than hits - at all clubs.

Bare bones.

Thomas next ? on 16:48 - Jan 5 with 2842 viewsLblock

Thomas next ? on 15:16 - Jan 5 by Antti_Heinola

"he can't legislate for the bloke having a strong debut before getting immediately injured"

This is the George Thomas who was almost always injured at Leicester City? Or is it another one?

Of course we'll have the odd success story like Sam Field but keep on following the Keiron Dyer Transfer Policy and you'll be skint, in terrible form and relegated.

If you went looking for a new Second hand car and the full and open history of vehicles were there would you:
a) Buy the trendy one that had spent the last two years off the road being repaired so it's available at a knock down price
Or
b) Purchase one that had been a reliable solid runner for that same period but doesn't look as trendy however it's a fair price

You may say I'll go for a) as I'm not a bad mechanic and I can fix cars.
Great.
But if you don't get it fixed you'll be spending dosh on hire cars whilst this piece of shite sits in a garage still costing you money to insure, tax etc.

The policy is madness and if people think that's a negative view then fair enough... see you on the 237 bus!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Thomas next ? on 16:55 - Jan 5 with 2811 viewsOldPedro

Thomas next ? on 16:48 - Jan 5 by Lblock

"he can't legislate for the bloke having a strong debut before getting immediately injured"

This is the George Thomas who was almost always injured at Leicester City? Or is it another one?

Of course we'll have the odd success story like Sam Field but keep on following the Keiron Dyer Transfer Policy and you'll be skint, in terrible form and relegated.

If you went looking for a new Second hand car and the full and open history of vehicles were there would you:
a) Buy the trendy one that had spent the last two years off the road being repaired so it's available at a knock down price
Or
b) Purchase one that had been a reliable solid runner for that same period but doesn't look as trendy however it's a fair price

You may say I'll go for a) as I'm not a bad mechanic and I can fix cars.
Great.
But if you don't get it fixed you'll be spending dosh on hire cars whilst this piece of shite sits in a garage still costing you money to insure, tax etc.

The policy is madness and if people think that's a negative view then fair enough... see you on the 237 bus!

But what do you do if you can only afford to take a risk on the car that's been repaired and at a knockdown price.....??

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Thomas next ? on 18:11 - Jan 5 with 2670 viewspaulparker

Awful footballer who some on here like because he errr runs about a bit
Another to add to the pile of injured, crap and a waste of money
Just waiting for stainistheman to post that thomas hasn’t been given a chance yet

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024