Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huddersfield match fred 09:46 - Feb 3 with 34679 viewsTheChef

Not seen one yet, not done one for a while. So here we go!

Charity Park Rangers out in force, no Dykes, 2-0 Huddersfield.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Huddersfield match fred on 22:07 - Feb 4 with 2414 viewsozexile

Huddersfield match fred on 17:44 - Feb 4 by QPRSteve

I think a big miss for us has been Richards. Every game we look a bit weak in the middle with one of whoever has been picked either going missing in action or playing poorly. The little we've seen of Richards suggests to me he could be what the team has been missing. I hope we can get him up and running soon.

What's up with him now? Just not selected. He better be a cross between Pele and Maradona when he does play or he'll be written off immediately.
Huddersfield match fred on 22:33 - Feb 4 with 2303 viewsNorthernr

Honestly, if you think that was very much different or better than anything we've done previously, then you're kidding yourself. Huddersfield are just so much worse than anything we've played since Cardiff at Christmas, so we got a point rather than a hiding. We didn't beat Cardiff, and we didn't win today. We're not going to beat anybody playing like this. I fear that Millwall game next week.
Huddersfield match fred on 00:56 - Feb 5 with 2126 viewsdistortR

Huddersfield match fred on 16:53 - Feb 4 by traininvain

The ball was over hit and poor. Armstrong needs to work on his composure in such situations.

Sorry, just back from a drinking bout!
Ball was overhit, but in a good area. None of our players ever take the gamble to attack the ball, they always drop back for the cut-back. Which is why Laird had so much success earlier in the season, it's what he does. Which is why we need to go 3 at the back imo, with our players it's our fullbacks who give us best delivery.
Huddersfield match fred on 03:48 - Feb 5 with 2048 viewsswisscottage

Huddersfield match fred on 18:08 - Feb 4 by davman

That tactic of getting Field to win the ball in the air was great for today, but so, so easy to counteract, which I am sure 'wall and' 'derlnd' will be wise too.

Face it, Critchley-ball demands a Helgusin at centre forward and we have no-one fit enough to play that role. Not sure that he has found his "Plan B" yet...

We had no options though.

They pressed up on our back four and midfield knowing full well that without Dykes we had no options. Pushing Field up was the best we could do to provide an out ball.

For people that wanted to see Dykes out without a replacement, well that's it. Teams will be pressing us rubbing their hands in glee at the thought of balls to Chair Willock and Lowe.

Bringing Armstrong on provides a different outlet, but no end product and not for more than 50 minutes before he's exhausted.

I'd love for someone to explain to me how else Critchley is supposed to deal with teams pressing up on our back four and midfield, with the players he has at his disposal.
Huddersfield match fred on 04:48 - Feb 5 with 2022 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Huddersfield match fred on 03:48 - Feb 5 by swisscottage

They pressed up on our back four and midfield knowing full well that without Dykes we had no options. Pushing Field up was the best we could do to provide an out ball.

For people that wanted to see Dykes out without a replacement, well that's it. Teams will be pressing us rubbing their hands in glee at the thought of balls to Chair Willock and Lowe.

Bringing Armstrong on provides a different outlet, but no end product and not for more than 50 minutes before he's exhausted.

I'd love for someone to explain to me how else Critchley is supposed to deal with teams pressing up on our back four and midfield, with the players he has at his disposal.

Great post , Lowe could be an excellent signing with help up top but alone he is easily dealt with.He made that great run when he headed the ball to himself but got taken out way too easily.We need a hold up striker who gets it ,holds it , releases it then sprints into the box .
A cheaper version of Haaland who lives in the box and finishes.
Love Armstrong but he is never going to make that jump to top finisher without lots of coaching and playing time.
Huddersfield match fred on 08:18 - Feb 5 with 1882 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Huddersfield match fred on 04:48 - Feb 5 by CLAREMAN1995

Great post , Lowe could be an excellent signing with help up top but alone he is easily dealt with.He made that great run when he headed the ball to himself but got taken out way too easily.We need a hold up striker who gets it ,holds it , releases it then sprints into the box .
A cheaper version of Haaland who lives in the box and finishes.
Love Armstrong but he is never going to make that jump to top finisher without lots of coaching and playing time.

Isn't the point of our supposed DoF system that all teams within the club play the same system, so if Dykes is injured, you play the reserve CF, who is of a similar ilk. I suppose Bonne was that player, but not much point having a reserve who you don't put on the pitch in case you have to pay appearance-based add-ons.
Huddersfield match fred on 09:33 - Feb 5 with 1747 viewsdavman

Huddersfield match fred on 03:48 - Feb 5 by swisscottage

Well, yeah, but isn't this the point about just how much this lot (not Critchley) has landed us with an unbalanced squad? We have Roberts, Willock and Armstrong, who should be able to cover the Lowe role, but no-one who can be that out ball from the back when Dykes is out.

So, a replacement (even a short term one) was essential, but we ended up with nothing.

Armstrong just HAS to go out on loan, but we can't because we have no-one else.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Huddersfield match fred on 09:52 - Feb 5 with 1685 viewspaulparker

Huddersfield match fred on 08:18 - Feb 5 by Wegerles_Stairs

Isn't the point of our supposed DoF system that all teams within the club play the same system, so if Dykes is injured, you play the reserve CF, who is of a similar ilk. I suppose Bonne was that player, but not much point having a reserve who you don't put on the pitch in case you have to pay appearance-based add-ons.

Bone was as much as a hold up striker as me a lap dancer

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Huddersfield match fred on 10:44 - Feb 5 with 1574 viewsRangersw12

Thought we were pretty awful and just so boring to watch

Chair and Willock half the players they were last season or even 3 months ago

Very poor and depressing with zero excitement.
Huddersfield match fred on 10:45 - Feb 5 with 1570 viewsstanistheman

Huddersfield match fred on 17:07 - Feb 4 by Damo1962

I found being top hard to believe TBH.I knew it wouldn't last, Beale or no Beale. We aren't as good as some think, but we shouldn't be this bad either. Most, me included expected to lose today...and we didn't.So job done for today. Of course not having to watch the dross we are serving up...makes me more pragmatic. Those who pay their hard earned, and do make the effort to follow this lot...have my enduring admiration.

Good comments there. I expected a loss, but we got a point against a relegation candidate.

The players look disinterested and a bit unfit compared to other clubs players.
We haven’t got a well balanced squad with no cover at left back or centre forward. Blame the weasel and DoF for that. It’s going to be s long end to the season and I expect nothing much to change over the next 3-4 weeks. Games against Millwall Sunderland Middlesbrough will be difficult and tbh I can’t be bothered to turn up to watch those 2 home games next week.

As for Critchley, it’s a poor start to his stint at QPR. One lucky win at Preston in his 1st game followed up with a load of draws and a couple of 3-0 drubbings. Will he change from plan A to a plan B? I am not in the slightest impressed by what I have seen so far. Last week at Hull the team was disgraceful and his after match commentary he said things needed changing and hinted at bringing in new players. After the window closed this week he says he is happy with the players in his squad!

I would like to see a return to 3 at the back so that we can make more use of the attacking full backs we have. This will allow the team to move the ball quicker without the need to hit long high balls to a cf (given the absence of Dykes). It also could work whe he returns to the side as the full backs can cross the ball to him.
Huddersfield match fred on 10:46 - Feb 5 with 1558 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Huddersfield match fred on 09:52 - Feb 5 by paulparker

Bone was as much as a hold up striker as me a lap dancer

Not disputing that, just trying to figure out why we have so few strikers when clubs like Luton (and even Rotherham) have zillions.
Huddersfield match fred on 09:12 - Feb 6 with 1273 viewsTheChef

Huddersfield match fred on 10:45 - Feb 5 by stanistheman

Good comments there. I expected a loss, but we got a point against a relegation candidate.

The players look disinterested and a bit unfit compared to other clubs players.
We haven’t got a well balanced squad with no cover at left back or centre forward. Blame the weasel and DoF for that. It’s going to be s long end to the season and I expect nothing much to change over the next 3-4 weeks. Games against Millwall Sunderland Middlesbrough will be difficult and tbh I can’t be bothered to turn up to watch those 2 home games next week.

As for Critchley, it’s a poor start to his stint at QPR. One lucky win at Preston in his 1st game followed up with a load of draws and a couple of 3-0 drubbings. Will he change from plan A to a plan B? I am not in the slightest impressed by what I have seen so far. Last week at Hull the team was disgraceful and his after match commentary he said things needed changing and hinted at bringing in new players. After the window closed this week he says he is happy with the players in his squad!

I would like to see a return to 3 at the back so that we can make more use of the attacking full backs we have. This will allow the team to move the ball quicker without the need to hit long high balls to a cf (given the absence of Dykes). It also could work whe he returns to the side as the full backs can cross the ball to him.

Well Critchley used the stick for the games we've lost and after Saturday's draw felt he needed to use the carrot (whether that was deserved or not), I suppose he needs to find ways to keep the players onside.

I don't envy his position but he does need to find ways to get the best out of the squad, it's not as if most of the teams in this division are world beaters. The bare minimum of effort and organisation should yield some positive results.

I mean Dyche showed what is possible within one week against the league leaders, so fair play to him. But QPR must be about the only team that never gets a new manager bounce!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Huddersfield match fred on 15:29 - Feb 6 with 1037 viewsA40Bosh

Did I missing something or does anyone know why there is no report from the boss on here for the Huddersfield match?

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Huddersfield match fred on 15:30 - Feb 6 with 1023 viewsQPunkR

Huddersfield match fred on 15:29 - Feb 6 by A40Bosh

Did I missing something or does anyone know why there is no report from the boss on here for the Huddersfield match?

Hopefully not been pushed over the edge by marginally improved performance and a couple of political threads on here..

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024