Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Minutes silence 18:53 - Feb 11 with 9009 viewsPaddyhoops

Well done to the prize dick who shouted out during the minutes silence for the poor souls who perished in the earthquakes. If it was his intention to rise the Millwall fans , he succeeded.
Your family and all belonging to you will be so proud . Shameful.

Minutes silence on 18:56 - Feb 11 with 6837 viewsAntti_Heinola

Was absolutely embarrassing.
Hope he was thrown out.

Bare bones.

Minutes silence on 19:49 - Feb 11 with 6527 viewsMrSheen

Total tosser. To be fair to Millwall, they were taking it much more seriously than I expected until he intervened.
Minutes silence on 19:55 - Feb 11 with 6465 viewssimmo

Agreed, a proper dickhead and hope those around him told him so.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Minutes silence on 20:01 - Feb 11 with 6395 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I know this is probably a bit insensitive, but when the Millwall fans erupted I hoped it would spur us on a bit and was secretly glad.
Minutes silence on 20:07 - Feb 11 with 6354 viewsJules4367

The guy was and is just plain ill bred and ignorant - his friends know it but no one tells him and if they did, he'd not understand the message.

However, i few weeks back I said that the players are never held accountable for their actions and they should be made to be accountable. As they each only really played like professionals for about the last 15 minutes (25% of their pay for today) then the other 75% should be deducted and sent to the Nurses in this country and some to the charity overseeing earthquake relief, and that should happen with 'Charity or Benefit of the Week' for each time they fail to deliver ion what they are paid to do!
Minutes silence on 20:14 - Feb 11 with 6290 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Minutes silence on 20:07 - Feb 11 by Jules4367

The guy was and is just plain ill bred and ignorant - his friends know it but no one tells him and if they did, he'd not understand the message.

However, i few weeks back I said that the players are never held accountable for their actions and they should be made to be accountable. As they each only really played like professionals for about the last 15 minutes (25% of their pay for today) then the other 75% should be deducted and sent to the Nurses in this country and some to the charity overseeing earthquake relief, and that should happen with 'Charity or Benefit of the Week' for each time they fail to deliver ion what they are paid to do!

Is that not what win bonuses do?
Minutes silence on 20:18 - Feb 11 with 6236 viewsHastings_Hoops

25000 confirmed dead so far. Absolute scumbag morons - not a family club. In fact they’re actually quite a nasty bunch of humans - anyone associated with that club should be ashamed.
Minutes silence on 20:29 - Feb 11 with 6140 viewsstevec

I hope nobody in the media portrays Millwall in a bad light over that, really disappointed a fan of ours provoked that response. Totally unnecessary.
Login to get fewer ads

Minutes silence on 20:31 - Feb 11 with 6099 viewsParkRoyalR

Minutes silence on 18:56 - Feb 11 by Antti_Heinola

Was absolutely embarrassing.
Hope he was thrown out.

I was told by club official at HT he was identified on CCTV and thrown out.
Minutes silence on 20:53 - Feb 11 with 5967 viewsBlackCrowe

Some of our fans are appalling. We got held on Uxbridge Rd at around 2.15pm whilst police were shepherding Millwall fans into Blomfontein. 30 or 40 Rangers fans who mostly were old enough to know better were trying to break through police lines to get to them/goad them. It was pathetic and embarrassing.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Minutes silence on 20:59 - Feb 11 with 5928 viewssystemsguy

Whoever shouted across to the Millwall fans should be banned for the rest of the season....

They actually were being respectful up to that point.....

Really ashamed of our fans.... Millwall? they laughed last you mug

2022/2023.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Minutes silence on 21:19 - Feb 11 with 5776 viewsHayesender

What actually happened? From where I sit, I just presumed it was the Millwall fans being dicks, but obviously not

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Minutes silence on 21:22 - Feb 11 with 5761 viewsBlackCrowe

Minutes silence on 21:19 - Feb 11 by Hayesender

What actually happened? From where I sit, I just presumed it was the Millwall fans being dicks, but obviously not

Some pr1ck from school end of Ellerslie Road screamed out 'fck Millwall' when the silence was being impeccably observed.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Minutes silence on 21:36 - Feb 11 with 5677 viewsMrSheen

Minutes silence on 21:22 - Feb 11 by BlackCrowe

Some pr1ck from school end of Ellerslie Road screamed out 'fck Millwall' when the silence was being impeccably observed.

That was it. You could hear Millwall fans shushing their own into silence before he did it.
Minutes silence on 21:41 - Feb 11 with 5626 viewsPaddyhoops

Minutes silence on 21:22 - Feb 11 by BlackCrowe

That’s the impression I got. This guy knew he’d get a reaction and he got his wish . It was been quiet well observed so credit to the Millwall fans for that.
Minutes silence on 00:20 - Feb 12 with 5320 viewsNW5Hoop

It was inglorious all round.
The original shouter. The Millwall fans' response. And then our fans responding. Pretty sure the ref blew the minute very early because it was such a farce.
Minutes silence on 01:02 - Feb 12 with 5221 viewsqpr1976

Minutes silence on 00:20 - Feb 12 by NW5Hoop

It was inglorious all round.
The original shouter. The Millwall fans' response. And then our fans responding. Pretty sure the ref blew the minute very early because it was such a farce.

Announcer never specified it would be a minute, just inferred the Ref would blow his whistle to indicate he end. Obviously, normally a minute, or two.
Minutes silence on 11:43 - Feb 12 with 4781 viewsHadders

Perhaps I should let it go, but the level of disrespect shown during that disgusted me. Sometimes going to football blinds us to terrible behaviour - but that was off the scale, horrible. Obviously the scrote QPR supporter who shouted should be banned, but any Millwall fans hearing that could have righteously ignored it, at least until the minute was over. For us to excuse them by saying it was "provoked" is far too generous: it's 60 seconds, FFS. For hundreds of them to react in that moronic way was appalling, even for them - and I can't help thinking they would never have done that if it was for the Queen or British veterans.

Give generously. https://www.dec.org.uk/appeal/turkey-syria-earthquake-appeal
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 11:55]
Minutes silence on 13:02 - Feb 12 with 4590 viewsterryb

Minutes silence on 11:43 - Feb 12 by Hadders

Perhaps I should let it go, but the level of disrespect shown during that disgusted me. Sometimes going to football blinds us to terrible behaviour - but that was off the scale, horrible. Obviously the scrote QPR supporter who shouted should be banned, but any Millwall fans hearing that could have righteously ignored it, at least until the minute was over. For us to excuse them by saying it was "provoked" is far too generous: it's 60 seconds, FFS. For hundreds of them to react in that moronic way was appalling, even for them - and I can't help thinking they would never have done that if it was for the Queen or British veterans.

You are correct that ideally they should have waited until the silence was over before responding.

The same could be said about Rangers fans booing them during the silence.
Minutes silence on 13:13 - Feb 12 with 4560 viewsJules4367

Minutes silence on 20:14 - Feb 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

Is that not what win bonuses do?

No, the win bonuses are extra incentive but they still get paid a wage, as do you and I. But if you and I don't do what we are paid for we can be reprimanded and have pay docked....but the players get paid irrespective of whether or not they put in a 95 minute shift!

So what i am saying is ...if we in our lives have to be culpable for not working hard or professionally, then so should these guys and one way to do this is to make them not get as much in their pay packet and for it to go to a good cause.

It is all about whether they actually care enough about their performances and if you got paid, irrespective of whether you put in a shift or not, would you work as hard as you do??
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 13:15]
Minutes silence on 13:15 - Feb 12 with 4533 viewsHayesender

Apparently the idiot who shouted was thrown out. His punishment should be he has to attend every remaining game this season

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Minutes silence on 13:29 - Feb 12 with 4493 viewsNorthernr

Completely depressing, and oh so brave from behind a fence and a line of police.

Walking to the ground yesterday we got caught up in a group of maybe a dozen or so QPR giving it the biggun to the Millwall fans, first from behind the police line as Halsbury road joins Bloemfontein Road, then again from behind the police line at the alley way leading up to the Sainsburys. Very keen to fight, it seemed, giving it the big come on, all from behind the safety of the police line. If only the police weren;'t there, then we could have a big punch up and show them who's boss.

Anyway, we have to walk all the way around via Womrholt Park to get into SARS, and as we're doing so these lads are walking down the middle of the road when a Ford Fiesta drives up behind them. Not without reason he gives it a bit of a horn and wants them to get out of the road so he can drive on. They start again, 12 of them, against this one bloke in a car, Bertie Big Potatoes routine. Except this bloke isn't having it. He gets out of the car, 1v12, and lets them know in no uncertain terms that if they want to go, he's more than willing to go right now. You have never, ever, ever seen a group of grown adult men melt as quickly. "Kai, Kai he's got something in his hand, he's got something in his hand, come on it's not worth it mate, come on". And off they scarpered, at quite a fcking lick.

Absolutely pathetic. Tiny dick syndrome.
Minutes silence on 13:33 - Feb 12 with 4475 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Minutes silence on 13:13 - Feb 12 by Jules4367

No, the win bonuses are extra incentive but they still get paid a wage, as do you and I. But if you and I don't do what we are paid for we can be reprimanded and have pay docked....but the players get paid irrespective of whether or not they put in a 95 minute shift!

So what i am saying is ...if we in our lives have to be culpable for not working hard or professionally, then so should these guys and one way to do this is to make them not get as much in their pay packet and for it to go to a good cause.

It is all about whether they actually care enough about their performances and if you got paid, irrespective of whether you put in a shift or not, would you work as hard as you do??
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 13:15]

I dunno mate…

Some employers react to underperformance with development training plans and seeking long term solutions because they believe that happy workers are more productive.
Minutes silence on 13:35 - Feb 12 with 4452 viewsessextaxiboy

Minutes silence on 11:43 - Feb 12 by Hadders

I dont see how they could co ordinate a response on the spur of the moment to be honest .
Minutes silence on 17:36 - Feb 12 with 3983 viewsBushRanger82

Once it was called, the minute's silence should have been observed.
Having said that, had an earthquake happened here, does anybody really believe the Galatassary fans, or any other set of Turkish fans for that matter, would have observed a minute's silence?
I doubt it would have even been called.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024