Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sturgeon resigns 11:01 - Feb 15 with 17386 viewscolinallcars

Something fishy there. Perhaps she's got another job lined up………
Sturgeon resigns on 17:28 - Feb 15 with 2202 viewsheadhoops

Sturgeon resigns on 13:16 - Feb 15 by TGRRRSSS

Thats a VERY long way north for QPR

and they already have Queens Park, and a Rangers. Pretty certain their manager is a snakey khunt too.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Sturgeon resigns on 17:35 - Feb 15 with 2181 viewscolinallcars

Sturgeon resigns on 14:03 - Feb 15 by Sonofpugwash

First Jacinda Ardern and now Sturgeon.
Let's hope it's Trudeau next.

As long as ol' Rishi Lurpak stays, we'll be OK.
Sturgeon resigns on 18:22 - Feb 15 with 2128 viewsHooping_Mad

Sturgeon resigns on 17:10 - Feb 15 by BucksRanger

"There are only two nations that use our version of FPtP. Us and Belarus."

I'm pretty sure that's codswallop. Got a link that proves that statement Bazza?

For the record I'm totally confused.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Sturgeon resigns on 18:39 - Feb 15 with 2082 viewsBucksRanger

Sturgeon resigns on 18:22 - Feb 15 by Hooping_Mad

It's just some left wing twaddle quoted by Bazza again. There's no truth in it the way Bazza has modified the original quote from a 6 year old pressure group. Lies, damned lies, and twisted statistics.
Sturgeon resigns on 18:49 - Feb 15 with 2072 viewsBluce_Ree

Sturgeon resigns on 18:39 - Feb 15 by BucksRanger

It's just some left wing twaddle quoted by Bazza again. There's no truth in it the way Bazza has modified the original quote from a 6 year old pressure group. Lies, damned lies, and twisted statistics.

Must be time for the Krankies to reform.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Sturgeon resigns on 19:33 - Feb 15 with 2016 viewsJimmyR

Sturgeon resigns on 17:10 - Feb 15 by BucksRanger

"There are only two nations that use our version of FPtP. Us and Belarus."

I'm pretty sure that's codswallop. Got a link that proves that statement Bazza?

Sounds like you know absolutely nothing about it?

If it’s codswallop why don’t you just name 5 national governments (other than Northern Ireland) that do use FPTP
Sturgeon resigns on 20:01 - Feb 15 with 1967 viewsSonofpugwash

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FpCFojIXEA8aI-o?format=png&name=small

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Sturgeon resigns on 20:47 - Feb 15 with 1912 viewsBucksRanger

Sturgeon resigns on 19:33 - Feb 15 by JimmyR

Sounds like you know absolutely nothing about it?

If it’s codswallop why don’t you just name 5 national governments (other than Northern Ireland) that do use FPTP

Have you got a link that says it's just those two? Are you Bazza in disguise?
Login to get fewer ads

Sturgeon resigns on 20:57 - Feb 15 with 1899 viewsRangersw12

Sturgeon resigns on 20:47 - Feb 15 by BucksRanger

Have you got a link that says it's just those two? Are you Bazza in disguise?

Not interested in either argument but I did a quick Google and this came up

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First-past-the-post_voting
Sturgeon resigns on 21:00 - Feb 15 with 1882 viewsBucksRanger

Sturgeon resigns on 20:57 - Feb 15 by Rangersw12

Not interested in either argument but I did a quick Google and this came up

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First-past-the-post_voting

More than Bazza's duo then.

Antigua and Barbuda
Azerbaijan
The Bahamas
Bangladesh
Barbados
Belarus
Belize
Bhutan
Botswana
Canada
Dominica
Dominican Republic
Eritrea
Eswatini
Ethiopia
The Gambia
Ghana
Grenada
India
Jamaica
Kenya
Liberia
Malaysia
Malawi
Maldives
Federated States of Micronesia
Myanmar
Nigeria
Palau
Poland
Qatar
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Samoa
Solomon Islands
Tonga
Trinidad and Tobago
Uganda
United Kingdom
United States
Yemen
Zambia
Sturgeon resigns on 21:24 - Feb 15 with 1874 viewsJimmyR

Sturgeon resigns on 21:00 - Feb 15 by BucksRanger

Antigua and Barbuda
Azerbaijan
The Bahamas
Bangladesh
Barbados
Belarus
Belize
Bhutan
Botswana
Canada
Dominica
Dominican Republic
Eritrea
Eswatini
Ethiopia
The Gambia
Ghana
Grenada
India
Jamaica
Kenya
Liberia
Malaysia
Malawi
Maldives
Myanmar
Nigeria
Palau
Poland
Qatar
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Samoa
Solomon Islands
Tonga
Trinidad and Tobago
Uganda
United Kingdom
United States
Yemen
Zambia

okay so only Poland is in Europe and they have proportional representation?

https://www.coe.int/en/web/electoral-assistance/elecdata-poland

So you haven't even managed to name one!

Yes - I'm bazza in disguise, i set another account so i could point out your ignorance from both of them!

You could have had Wales btw, i gave you a clue with not northern ireland
Sturgeon resigns on 21:29 - Feb 15 with 1869 viewsJimmyR

Antigua and Barbuda
Azerbaijan
The Bahamas
Bangladesh
Barbados
Belarus
Belize
Bhutan
Botswana
Canada
Dominica
Dominican Republic
Eritrea
Eswatini
Ethiopia
The Gambia
Ghana
Grenada
India
Jamaica
Kenya
Liberia
Malaysia
Malawi
Maldives
Myanmar
Nigeria
Palau
Poland
Qatar
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Samoa
Solomon Islands
Tonga
Trinidad and Tobago
Uganda
United Kingdom
United States
Yemen
Zambia

See this yeah, it's not, can you google the name of a book. Its, can you name one?

So i've already given you one: Wales

Can you name another with or without the help of Google? As you've actually used Google and actually still managed to fail.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 21:31]
Sturgeon resigns on 22:11 - Feb 15 with 1804 viewsBucksRanger

Like Bazza, JimmyR you are also prone to modifying your posts when it suits your tale. Bazza never said anything about countries in Europe in his original post. He said two countries - England and Belarus. I asked for a link to his twaddle in the belief he could not do so. He hasn't done so thus proving he wasn't telling the truth. When I said his post was codswallop, it really, really was. He knew it and subsequently altered the original post as he often does when confronted. The man appears addicted to posting misleading information to make the UK look bad. He needs an honesty adjustment. Christ knows what kind of political system he wants for England but it most certainly will not be founded on honesty as a principle. Is it just you left wingers in general who can't tell the truth or are you really merelyt Bazza in disguise?
Sturgeon resigns on 22:53 - Feb 15 with 1775 viewsdistortR

Sturgeon resigns on 16:35 - Feb 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

I think it could be argued that we already have extremists in government. Sending migrants to Rwanda, calling for the death penalty, and putting protesters in jail for ten years doesn’t seem very mainstream to me.

There are only two nations that use our version of FPtP in Europe. Us and Belarus.

You are saying that famous beacon of non extremism Belarus has a better system than Norway for avoiding extremists.

Also, people’s definition of extremists is usually flexible to suit their own politics. Ghandi, Nelson Mandela, Che Guevara, and James Connolly famously labelled terrorists and extremists. Now they have statues in Parliament and are printed on T Shirts.

No more from me. Happy to DM though.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 18:05]

Sigh. It's like we don't exist over here.
Sturgeon resigns on 22:54 - Feb 15 with 1773 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Antigua and Barbuda
Azerbaijan
The Bahamas
Bangladesh
Barbados
Belarus
Belize
Bhutan
Botswana
Canada
Dominica
Dominican Republic
Eritrea
Eswatini
Ethiopia
The Gambia
Ghana
Grenada
India
Jamaica
Kenya
Liberia
Malaysia
Malawi
Maldives
Myanmar
Nigeria
Palau
Poland
Qatar
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Samoa
Solomon Islands
Tonga
Trinidad and Tobago
Uganda
United Kingdom
United States
Yemen
Zambia

As a former resident of Yangon, we can safely say that following the 1 February 2021 coup by the generals, the next election - should it be allowed - will be totally devoid of democratic processes and any FPTP winners not a general, will likely be shot or imprisoned.

Similarly, as a former Doha resident, the FPTP is likely to result in the winner coming from the ruiling family. Again.

Equally, as a forner resident of Atlanta, for many black people, the FPTP really means the first black person allowed to vote in that ward is also the last person likelyto vote.

So the wiki list might say FPTP exists in several countries, but it's hiding a multitude of 'factors' in some that I know of.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 23:04]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Sturgeon resigns on 23:11 - Feb 15 with 1749 viewsLordPork

FptP system came home to me during a trip to Rome a couple of years back

A heavy night of rain left the roads flooded. Bored waiting for our return flight in the hotel I suggested we may just as well wait at the airport and duly ordered a taxi.

2 hours later, still no sign of a taxi the maître de puffed away on a ciggy outside on the street. " I am so sorry, I do apologise on behalf of Italy and Rome, its a xxxxing shambles every time. This is all because of the Communists and the Greens, they have 1 or 2 seats at our Town Council and insure the taxi's go off the road when most needed, ie when is floods/rains heavily, train strikes etc. What ever you do make sure GB NEVER goes for proportional representation"......

Came away with happy thoughts of Rome, but a City stifled by it's council and small time politicians, meanwhile........

Who gives a shit about what Belarus does?
Sturgeon resigns on 00:03 - Feb 16 with 1720 viewsDevonwhitewhitewhite

Sturgeon resigns on 16:35 - Feb 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

I think it could be argued that we already have extremists in government. Sending migrants to Rwanda, calling for the death penalty, and putting protesters in jail for ten years doesn’t seem very mainstream to me.

There are only two nations that use our version of FPtP in Europe. Us and Belarus.

You are saying that famous beacon of non extremism Belarus has a better system than Norway for avoiding extremists.

Also, people’s definition of extremists is usually flexible to suit their own politics. Ghandi, Nelson Mandela, Che Guevara, and James Connolly famously labelled terrorists and extremists. Now they have statues in Parliament and are printed on T Shirts.

No more from me. Happy to DM though.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 18:05]

It could be argued but it would be wrong. There aren't any Extremists in this Government, come on, we don't do extremists, its not British! The Rwanda policy is daft but not illegal, its just a stupid way of trying to deal with a serious problem of illegal entrants risking their lives (and paying traffickers a lot of money) to come here, I've not heard anything about the Death Penalty in the real media and most protesters get away with blue murder, has anyone ever actually gone to jail for blocking a road? Let alone for 10 years. The problem with PR is that it does give a voice to extremism. we would have had three BNP MPs on that basis at the turn of the century and three can become many very quickly. It was as another poster points out roundly rejected 10 years ago anyway in a referendum as part of the Coalition agreement. And its why Sweden is suddenly lurching to the right on migration, why Israel is currently in hock to Religious Maniacs etc. etc. And making a comparison to Belarus is fatuous, its not a functioning democracy. But, yes, definitions of Extremism tend to be printed by victors, and one persons Terrorist is another's Freedom Fighter. All three you mention could be argued to have much blood on their hands and Gandhi supported the Japanese in WW2 as well. So, history is complicated but we have the best, oldest and fairest democracy in the world. As Tony Benn once said: "the best test is can I choose who I like to lead me, and can I get rid of them easily". We pass that test as successive Tory PMs can testify..
Sturgeon resigns on 00:46 - Feb 16 with 1695 viewsBoston

As my father said to me many decades ago, it's far cheaper to give a wad in a brown paper bag than vote for them.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Sturgeon resigns on 03:58 - Feb 16 with 1630 viewsSharpy36

"extremists"

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Sturgeon resigns on 07:45 - Feb 16 with 1544 viewsBushRanger82

Sturgeon resigns on 11:08 - Feb 15 by slmrstid

Maybe she'll take us to Scotland. I'm sure even we can beat Ross County. Surely?

Wouldn't bet on it.
Sturgeon resigns on 08:01 - Feb 16 with 1506 viewsdistortR

She caught herself in a logic trap she couldn't escape, by being an ideologue.
It was exquisite watching her try to wriggle out of it, though.
Sturgeon resigns on 08:13 - Feb 16 with 1490 viewsBushRanger82

Sturgeon resigns on 18:22 - Feb 15 by Hooping_Mad

Let's hope she never rolls up at Loftus Rd then, or you will be identifying yourself as a what-the-hell-am-I, and going for a slash in the ladies.
Sturgeon resigns on 11:48 - Feb 16 with 1404 viewsJimmyR

Sturgeon resigns on 22:11 - Feb 15 by BucksRanger

Like Bazza, JimmyR you are also prone to modifying your posts when it suits your tale. Bazza never said anything about countries in Europe in his original post. He said two countries - England and Belarus. I asked for a link to his twaddle in the belief he could not do so. He hasn't done so thus proving he wasn't telling the truth. When I said his post was codswallop, it really, really was. He knew it and subsequently altered the original post as he often does when confronted. The man appears addicted to posting misleading information to make the UK look bad. He needs an honesty adjustment. Christ knows what kind of political system he wants for England but it most certainly will not be founded on honesty as a principle. Is it just you left wingers in general who can't tell the truth or are you really merelyt Bazza in disguise?

What a load of old flannel.

If I was bazza, why would I contradict my own point — Can you provide a link to prove your own assertions? FYI, all a link proves is that someone else has a computer/phone with internet access.

If someone says something you don’t think is correct why don’t you do a bit of thinking/research about it for yourself and come to your own conclusion? You might just learn something. Otherwise, prepare (if you haven’t already) to be superseded by Google, AI, Chatbot etc

There was a discussion about which countries operate a FPTP voting system and you’ve named QATAR?!?! Jesus wept! Now it’s all a left wing conspiracy, the game is rigged against you, people are lying and their posts have edited, the goal posts have moved — the wambulance will be right over.
Sturgeon resigns on 12:07 - Feb 16 with 1382 viewsBucksRanger

Sturgeon resigns on 11:48 - Feb 16 by JimmyR

What a load of old flannel.

If I was bazza, why would I contradict my own point — Can you provide a link to prove your own assertions? FYI, all a link proves is that someone else has a computer/phone with internet access.

If someone says something you don’t think is correct why don’t you do a bit of thinking/research about it for yourself and come to your own conclusion? You might just learn something. Otherwise, prepare (if you haven’t already) to be superseded by Google, AI, Chatbot etc

There was a discussion about which countries operate a FPTP voting system and you’ve named QATAR?!?! Jesus wept! Now it’s all a left wing conspiracy, the game is rigged against you, people are lying and their posts have edited, the goal posts have moved — the wambulance will be right over.

At the end of it all Bazza was telling lies again and he shouldn't. He's here on a QPR chat board and he's trying to denigrate the UK just so his left wing dribble looks better. This is a QPR family and he is being dishonest to people he professes to have a deep footballing conection with. He lies to the people on this board to score political points. In my opinion, that stinks and he should be ashamed.
Sturgeon resigns on 13:04 - Feb 16 with 1350 viewsJimmyR

Sturgeon resigns on 12:07 - Feb 16 by BucksRanger

At the end of it all Bazza was telling lies again and he shouldn't. He's here on a QPR chat board and he's trying to denigrate the UK just so his left wing dribble looks better. This is a QPR family and he is being dishonest to people he professes to have a deep footballing conection with. He lies to the people on this board to score political points. In my opinion, that stinks and he should be ashamed.

okay so it doesn't look like bazza was correct as there are according to this 3 out of the 43 (according to whoever wrote this website at least) countries in europe that use PR. Is that your point? that it's actually 3 and not 2? You couldn't name one when asked, and produced a bullshit list that included Qatar

https://www.electoral-reform.org.uk/which-european-countries-use-proportional-re

The fact is (and i didn't need google for this) that most countries in europe do use PR and not FPTP. I'm fairly confident this info would be somewhere in the national curriculum, i was certainly aware of it from an A level in politics

Whether you like it or not - Most countries in Europe don't use FPTP. Your response to this inconvenient fact: 'Codswallop'

At the end of it all, as i said at the start, you talk absolute Sh!te, in a world where thousands of years worth of knowledge can be with you in under a second? But you can't see past the daily hate mail/express or hear it over nigel farage
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024