Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crying out for Warburton 15:02 - Feb 27 with 9572 viewsWestbourneR

In the annals of bad decisions, removing Warbs now looks like the extraordinarily stupid decision it looked at the time.

A few things to think about

- Our 'collapse' last season now looks like a dream compared to our current freefall.

- He was ostensibly sacked because he didn't play youth teamers - but he did when they were GOOD. He immediately made more out of BOS and Manning, he played Chair and of course Eze. He even persevered with Kakay and bombed out Todd Kane for the cause. The players he didn't play weren't, and almost certainly never will be, good enough. Sinclair Armstrong aside Beale didn't play any more of them than Warbs either.

- The club was well run, on a budget, with respect and good attitude.

- I've never been anti Ferdinand but to me it's now clear he sacked Warbs because he felt threatened and didn't like that Warbs was his own man. It was ego. An ego clash. And for me, that is unforgivable.

- If we'd kept Warbs and the STABILITY we've all craved for so long we'd be in so much better shape now. I guarantee it.

To think we sacked MW for being in the playoffs most the season now seems to STUPID it is laughable.

A huge mistake that may we see us relegated.

And yeah I'm afraid it's on Les.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Crying out for Warburton on 15:18 - Feb 27 with 4273 viewsstanistheman

I have to day i agree with you.

I was concerned about the collapse last season ad thought perhaps that Warburton had run out of ideas , especially with his like for like subs and refusal to play 2 forwards.

However, I think the behind the scenes issues between him and Ferdinand might also have played a role in the collapse.

Clearly one of them had to go and unfortunately the best man lost.
Crying out for Warburton on 15:26 - Feb 27 with 4250 viewsrobith

I have to quibble several of the detail here. He wasn't sacked for not playing youth players, though I don't think that helped his cause. He ultimately paid the price for asking for the FFP boat to be pushed out to the limits for a shot at promotion which he ultimately failed to deliver
Crying out for Warburton on 15:30 - Feb 27 with 4210 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Crying out for Warburton on 15:26 - Feb 27 by robith

I have to quibble several of the detail here. He wasn't sacked for not playing youth players, though I don't think that helped his cause. He ultimately paid the price for asking for the FFP boat to be pushed out to the limits for a shot at promotion which he ultimately failed to deliver

I'm not sure that's true. He was offered a striker in January but declined the offer.
Crying out for Warburton on 15:34 - Feb 27 with 4183 viewsWokingR

There was obviously a lot more to this than most of us were aware of.
As was pointed out at the time, if the answer to the question is Warburton, then why sack Warburton ?
Crying out for Warburton on 15:34 - Feb 27 with 4173 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Whilst I don't disagree with some of the points raised by the OP, I don't think anyone can guarantee that QPR would be in a better position now had Warburton stayed. This is QPR, after all. It's a club that can land in a barrel of tits and still come out sucking its own thumb.
Crying out for Warburton on 15:35 - Feb 27 with 4179 viewsconnell10

I think we are suffering now from the style of football he drilled into the players ....total over passing and no shooting.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Crying out for Warburton on 15:38 - Feb 27 with 4166 viewsTheChef

Easy to say in hindsight.

As mentioned many times elsewhere, it's clearly the players and their recruitment which is the issue, not the managers.

We've had some pretty rubbish luck with injuries as well. But then that also begs the question about the youth/academy players and them not being good enough to step up when required.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Crying out for Warburton on 15:41 - Feb 27 with 4147 viewsDWQPR

From what I understood he didn’t want to play youth players because they weren’t good enough to be fair, they ain’t. I don’t think Armstrong is nothing more than a league 2 player which I hope to be wrong on. The academy coaches have so far failed to deliver any kids of note and by which I mean those who have been at the club from before their teens. The likes of Eze, Chair, Dieng have all been discards from other clubs and well into their late teens. To me that isn’t an academy product. I’ve never did this before but more and more it has been a ‘job for the boys’ situation with the academy. And Warburton paid the price for standing his ground whilst Ferdinand protected his mates. I’d take Warburton back tomorrow because even with the slumps that we suffered with him, it felt that a structure was at last being developed. To my mind, with his business brain I’d have him back tomorrow as a combined DofF and CEO.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Login to get fewer ads

Crying out for Warburton on 15:43 - Feb 27 with 4136 viewsrobith

Crying out for Warburton on 15:41 - Feb 27 by DWQPR

From what I understood he didn’t want to play youth players because they weren’t good enough to be fair, they ain’t. I don’t think Armstrong is nothing more than a league 2 player which I hope to be wrong on. The academy coaches have so far failed to deliver any kids of note and by which I mean those who have been at the club from before their teens. The likes of Eze, Chair, Dieng have all been discards from other clubs and well into their late teens. To me that isn’t an academy product. I’ve never did this before but more and more it has been a ‘job for the boys’ situation with the academy. And Warburton paid the price for standing his ground whilst Ferdinand protected his mates. I’d take Warburton back tomorrow because even with the slumps that we suffered with him, it felt that a structure was at last being developed. To my mind, with his business brain I’d have him back tomorrow as a combined DofF and CEO.

CEO, I've heard it all now

"Sorry lads, I can't look at these scouting reports, I need to sign off on ticketing pricing strategy"
Crying out for Warburton on 15:44 - Feb 27 with 4130 viewsrobith

Crying out for Warburton on 15:30 - Feb 27 by Benny_the_Ball

I'm not sure that's true. He was offered a striker in January but declined the offer.

The striker I understand came with the condition of sending one of his pets back home which he didn't want
Crying out for Warburton on 15:44 - Feb 27 with 4125 viewsrobith

I don't want to sound horrible cos I genuinely loved the years Warbz was in charge. But there's a lot of revisionism going on imo
Crying out for Warburton on 15:48 - Feb 27 with 4100 viewsJuzzie

I have heard the term 'sacked' often used in regards to Warburton. He wasn't sacked, it was decided that his contract was not going to be renewed. It may amount to the same thing in the end but non-renewal is not the same as being sacked.
Crying out for Warburton on 15:53 - Feb 27 with 4067 viewsbosh67

Problem for Warburton at Brentford and QPR allegedly is that he wanted to have more say in the way the club was run financially and day to day and neither club wanted him near that. Shame because he has the skills to know that side too.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Crying out for Warburton on 15:56 - Feb 27 with 4036 viewsNewBee

As a coach, MW has many qualities, no doubt about that.

And I daresay that had he stayed on, QPR would have done better than they subsequently have (not so hard, admittedly).

But you ask anyone at Brentford and they will tell you that on a personal level, he is about as trustworthy as eg Michael Beale, meaning that ultimately, it is only ever a question of when he falls out with his employers, not whether.

I mean, look at his subsequent career since leaving BFC - his departure from Ibrox was acrimonious; not that much better from Forest; while the "Sorry You're Leaving" card from Loftus Road won't have had too many signatures either.

All of which probably explains why he was forced to take a lesser job at WHU last summer than you might have expected from someone with his CV - word gets out.
Crying out for Warburton on 16:01 - Feb 27 with 3980 viewsNewBee

Crying out for Warburton on 15:48 - Feb 27 by Juzzie

I have heard the term 'sacked' often used in regards to Warburton. He wasn't sacked, it was decided that his contract was not going to be renewed. It may amount to the same thing in the end but non-renewal is not the same as being sacked.

Aye, and he wasn't "sacked" from Brentford, either. Rather it was "mutually agreed" in January that he would "voluntarily leave his post" at the end of the season in June.

Meanwhile in other news, I have a bridge for sale...
Crying out for Warburton on 16:01 - Feb 27 with 3984 viewsDejR_vu

Crying out for Warburton on 15:44 - Feb 27 by robith

I don't want to sound horrible cos I genuinely loved the years Warbz was in charge. But there's a lot of revisionism going on imo

There were of few of us saying it at the time. It was stupid and/or arrogant and/or self-serving for him to be ‘released’. He did a bloody good job in difficult circumstances. Almost universally that was all met with ‘yeah, but we collapsed’, overlooking the fact we had lost an in-form Willock, Seny, and enough goalkeepers to populate a small village. The answer to that was that the collapse started before Willock was injured, as if no club ever has a dip (I’m pretty sure we’d have come through that if it wasn’t for all the other injuries).

Look at the sh1t storm we’re in now. F&cking genius whoever made that decision. Either an absolutely clueless DoF or a clueless Board, which makes the DoF complicit. Wouldn’t trust this lot to run a bath.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Crying out for Warburton on 16:04 - Feb 27 with 3959 viewspaulparker

Warburton did ok but should of done a hell of a lot better with the players at his disposal
The football under him from January last year was god awful , there were games were we didn’t have a shot on target at home , the loan signings did for him especially playing Virgil van Sanderson every single game

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Crying out for Warburton on 16:06 - Feb 27 with 3952 viewsrobith

Crying out for Warburton on 16:01 - Feb 27 by DejR_vu

There were of few of us saying it at the time. It was stupid and/or arrogant and/or self-serving for him to be ‘released’. He did a bloody good job in difficult circumstances. Almost universally that was all met with ‘yeah, but we collapsed’, overlooking the fact we had lost an in-form Willock, Seny, and enough goalkeepers to populate a small village. The answer to that was that the collapse started before Willock was injured, as if no club ever has a dip (I’m pretty sure we’d have come through that if it wasn’t for all the other injuries).

Look at the sh1t storm we’re in now. F&cking genius whoever made that decision. Either an absolutely clueless DoF or a clueless Board, which makes the DoF complicit. Wouldn’t trust this lot to run a bath.

We'd have sacked Warburton if fans were allowed in the ground post COVID restart imo. And my point about revisionism is not that people were saying he shouldn't have gone - I was one of them. But everyone painting a sunlight uplands, only fired in a political struggle - forgetting in all 3 of his seasons he had huge terrible streaks, got his way on all transfers and was baled out of a huge hole by the club managing to get Johansen, Austin and Field in
[Post edited 27 Feb 2023 16:08]
Crying out for Warburton on 16:07 - Feb 27 with 3943 viewsNewBee

Crying out for Warburton on 15:53 - Feb 27 by bosh67

Problem for Warburton at Brentford and QPR allegedly is that he wanted to have more say in the way the club was run financially and day to day and neither club wanted him near that. Shame because he has the skills to know that side too.

As regards BFC, if it was only that, they might have worked something out (though MW imagining he knew better than Benham about running a club is quite amusing, actually).

But the fact that he was continually going behind the club's back in chasing other, "bigger", jobs, even while things were going well at Brentford, did him no favours.

And to start briefing anonymously against the club via a friendly local journalist while he was still employed by them will have been the final straw.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2023 16:09]
Crying out for Warburton on 16:07 - Feb 27 with 3938 viewsBerkoRanger

What an extraordinarily depressing thread this is. Gareth has been in charge for ONE game having had TWO days training with the players. For goodness sake, guys, give the man a chance. Of course the new management team can turn things around.
Lets have some faith here!!!
Crying out for Warburton on 16:13 - Feb 27 with 3894 viewsDejR_vu

Crying out for Warburton on 16:01 - Feb 27 by NewBee

Aye, and he wasn't "sacked" from Brentford, either. Rather it was "mutually agreed" in January that he would "voluntarily leave his post" at the end of the season in June.

Meanwhile in other news, I have a bridge for sale...

Easy to say for a club that got better when he left.

This is QPR, we don’t need to go looking for trouble. I’ve never known a regime with the knack of getting 90% of the decisions wrong. If you just tossed a coin you’d expect to get 50% right. This lot have got f^ck ups down to a fine art, you just have to stare, open mouthed, in amazement.

If we had Guardiola / Klopp dreamteam they’d balls it up somehow.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Crying out for Warburton on 16:19 - Feb 27 with 3858 viewsRanger_1969

Nail. On. Head. (To the OP)
[Post edited 27 Feb 2023 16:20]
Crying out for Warburton on 16:19 - Feb 27 with 3856 viewstoboboly

Crying out for Warburton on 15:30 - Feb 27 by Benny_the_Ball

No, the daft tw@t went for Jeff Hendrick instead. Should have been fired for that alone.

In all seriousness though I think a lot of people are looking at the Warburton years through very rose tinted specs. I didn't think we should have let him go however the amount of long collapses we had were semi regular.

We had two years where if you took a half of each year we would either have been promoted or relegated. The problems were still very much there, just not as acute.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Crying out for Warburton on 16:20 - Feb 27 with 3847 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Crying out for Warburton on 16:07 - Feb 27 by BerkoRanger

What an extraordinarily depressing thread this is. Gareth has been in charge for ONE game having had TWO days training with the players. For goodness sake, guys, give the man a chance. Of course the new management team can turn things around.

100%

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Crying out for Warburton on 16:22 - Feb 27 with 3827 viewsjohnhoop

Crying out for Warburton on 16:07 - Feb 27 by BerkoRanger

Of course Ainsworth has had no time at all and we very much need to give him a chance but I greatly fear that with the playing resources currently at his disposal, it would be beyond any manager you could name to get the results necessary to dig us out of the mire. ( And that obviously includes Warburton).
[Post edited 27 Feb 2023 16:22]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024