Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR Confessions 22:35 - Apr 11 with 12876 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Anything QPR related you want to get of your chest that would normally be shunned by the Parish, judgement free.

[Post edited 11 Apr 2023 22:40]
QPR Confessions on 00:13 - Apr 13 with 2444 viewsFredManRave

QPR Confessions on 22:06 - Apr 12 by hubble

There were several occasions early noughties when we either got to the ground just after half time, or didn't even bother to leave the pub at all. Once, just because it was raining.

In more recent times I've gone the other way (ooo-err) and it drives me nuts when my mates are dawdling in the pub 20 minutes before kick off. It's nice to actually be there before KO!

Second half of the nineties was almost obligatory to have one for the (Loftus) Road and turn up late.

When you say, "Dawdling in the pub 20 minutes before kick off", do you mean getting the last two pints in?!

Last game I went to, I turned up before kick off but then left 10 minutes before the end, as Lootown's 3rd went in.

I hope to complete a full 90 some time soon...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

QPR Confessions on 00:23 - Apr 13 with 2433 viewsFredManRave

Great thread, Bazza*.

I'm still waiting for the guy to post and admit to taking all his clothes off in the Loft just before the winner against Sheff Wednesday.

Actually I probably didn't need to confirm the game because it insinuates that we do it regularly so the actual game didn't really need to be mentioned!

*Congratulating Bazza on a thread is my most recent confession!
[Post edited 13 Apr 2023 0:24]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

QPR Confessions on 01:17 - Apr 13 with 2400 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

QPR Confessions on 00:23 - Apr 13 by FredManRave

Great thread, Bazza*.

I'm still waiting for the guy to post and admit to taking all his clothes off in the Loft just before the winner against Sheff Wednesday.

Actually I probably didn't need to confirm the game because it insinuates that we do it regularly so the actual game didn't really need to be mentioned!

*Congratulating Bazza on a thread is my most recent confession!
[Post edited 13 Apr 2023 0:24]

A true QPR icon.
QPR Confessions on 04:29 - Apr 13 with 2337 viewsSydneyRs

QPR Confessions on 13:31 - Apr 12 by StreathamRanger

Not a massive Gallen fan. Give me Furlong any day of the week.

Gallen pre that awful injury at Pompey was different gravy though. Never the same player afterwards.
QPR Confessions on 04:35 - Apr 13 with 2336 viewsSydneyRs

QPR Confessions on 17:15 - Apr 12 by sparkey

I do not like Kevin Gallen. Sure he may love the club but his drivel on twitter especially really grinds me. Also, his downplay on Uncs being a QPR fan didnt sit well with me. Good player though!

Definitely prefer the player to the person based on his twitter activity. Peter Hucker is another example of this.
QPR Confessions on 09:53 - Apr 13 with 2214 viewsterryb

QPR Confessions on 04:35 - Apr 13 by SydneyRs

Definitely prefer the player to the person based on his twitter activity. Peter Hucker is another example of this.

Peter Hucker?

The goalkeeper or the LFW poster?
QPR Confessions on 10:02 - Apr 13 with 2207 viewsAntti_Heinola

QPR Confessions on 16:57 - Apr 12 by NW5Hoop

Don't dispute his love for the club and his service. He just wasn't as good as everyone thought he was going to be and often pretended he was. He broke all the youth scoring records because he had an adult body a year before anyone else. Unfortunately, then everyone else grew up and he was no longer the strongest and fastest. Just a pretty decent footballer.

But we also romanticise him because he returned. First time round, though, there were a lot of people who were disappointed. Remember the AKUTR cover headlined "Gallen considers new deal" with pictures of four KFC meal deal offers?

I mean, we're football fans: of course we romanticise things. We're the most sanctimonious, romantic, sentimental demographic on earth 'aahhhh! you changed the badge! aaahhh! those hoops are too thick/thin! Aaaahhhh! why are we not honouring ex-players enough?! Aaaahhh! Why are we honouriong *that* ex-player?!' 'I love you, you pklay for me!' '
I hate you, now you play for them!'

We're unpredictable, unreasonable, unfair, self-congratulating, unfailingly loyal, generous, whole-hearted, honest and caring. We're an enigma.

So please, if we're going to start criticising the fact we romanticised Gallen's return (which whether you like it or not, was an enormous turning point for that team), then very quickly the whole structure of fandom is likely to crumble quite quickly. :)

Also, amazing that Kev was the only footballer in history to have grown a bit early as a youngster. F me. By that token, Sinclair Armstrong should have been scoring 150 a season in the U18s. What silliness.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2023 10:05]

Bare bones.

QPR Confessions on 10:31 - Apr 13 with 2174 viewshubble

QPR Confessions on 00:13 - Apr 13 by FredManRave

Second half of the nineties was almost obligatory to have one for the (Loftus) Road and turn up late.

When you say, "Dawdling in the pub 20 minutes before kick off", do you mean getting the last two pints in?!

Last game I went to, I turned up before kick off but then left 10 minutes before the end, as Lootown's 3rd went in.

I hope to complete a full 90 some time soon...

'When you say, "Dawdling in the pub 20 minutes before kick off", do you mean getting the last two pints in?!'

It's that cheeky third pint that does me 'ead in Fred.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Login to get fewer ads

QPR Confessions on 11:05 - Apr 13 with 2140 viewseastside_r

My first season supporting QPR was 1976-77 (glory-hunter?) but I had no idea of the endeavours of the season before.

In my defence this was my first year at junior school and everyone else had a team so I 'needed' to pick one. QPR featured loads on the Big Match (probably because of 75-76) and I was sold.

I endorsed that Stan Bowles was the star player and that home matches were played at Loftus Road, although I am sure that at that time, I had no idea where on earth that was.

So 45+ years on, I really only have myself to blame!
QPR Confessions on 11:20 - Apr 13 with 2102 viewsMarshy67

I had the late 60's Rodney poster with him wearing a floral shirt.
It was the last thing I looked at before I went to sleep.
QPR Confessions on 11:57 - Apr 13 with 2038 viewsrobith

I didn't go to the Ageuro game cos I woke up with a hangover and cba to go to Manchester to see us relegated on my birthday
QPR Confessions on 12:16 - Apr 13 with 2011 viewsMrSheen

I used to do almost all my work travel to Asia in May, so i saw the Leeds promotion game and City away on TV in hotels and followed the Wigan semi-final on LFW in the middle of the night. Palace 6-0 was pre-internet for me. I rang Mrs Sheen at full time, and she couldn't even get Ceefax to work to tell me. I hate to wait until I was in a bank office the next day to find the score on a Reuters terminal, nearly bit my tongue off trying to control my reaction.
QPR Confessions on 17:25 - Apr 13 with 1860 viewsRed_Ranger

QPR Confessions on 11:57 - Apr 13 by robith

I didn't go to the Ageuro game cos I woke up with a hangover and cba to go to Manchester to see us relegated on my birthday

WTF????? Thats a mental confession.
QPR Confessions on 18:52 - Apr 13 with 1791 viewsloftboy

Ran onto the pitch totally wànkered after we beat Wimbledon last game of the season amd tried to get Dominic Iorfas shirt off his back , must have been 1990.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

QPR Confessions on 20:54 - Apr 13 with 1711 viewsrobith

QPR Confessions on 17:25 - Apr 13 by Red_Ranger

WTF????? Thats a mental confession.

I was DJing until 5am, there was no way I wasn't painting the inside of the car purple on the drive up
QPR Confessions on 22:31 - Apr 13 with 1615 viewsnumptydumpty

QPR Confessions on 04:29 - Apr 13 by SydneyRs

Gallen pre that awful injury at Pompey was different gravy though. Never the same player afterwards.

Got vague memories of that day.
This is the injury where he scored from a feet first dive to tap in a cross at full stretch but the follow through was to mean he straddled the far post at pace thus causing amongst other things great pain within his nether regions !!

Whole crowd felt the pain.

He did score though as well !!
[Post edited 13 Apr 2023 22:32]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

QPR Confessions on 05:18 - Apr 14 with 1529 viewsOregonQPR

When I first began supporting the R’s as a 6 year old after attending my first match (grandad took me as his team Spurs team and Millwall, our local team, were playing away) and for 2-3 years afterwards my footballing affection was shared between QPR and Ipswich.

It seemed to disappear after attending my first game alone at home to Everton as a 9 year-old
1-1 draw Gillard 53rd minute equalizer after Bob Latchford scored. Been QPR ever since.

Another one is I got the match ball after our 1-0 League Cup defeat at Bury and together with a Chelsea mate who went to the game with me and a London based Forest fan we met at Manchester Piccadilly we got on a train to get out of Manchester before the 12:45am mail train to Euston as lots of Citeh fans were looking for agg.

We get a train that takes us to Crewe knowing said mail train will arrive later and climb into Gresty Road have a kickabout on their pitch and nick a load of food and drink from a stadium snack bar for the trip home.
QPR Confessions on 07:18 - Apr 14 with 1478 viewsdsw2509

QPR Confessions on 10:50 - Apr 12 by Antti_Heinola

Paul Bruce was a not very good player for us.

I remember once he ewas subbed and I thought he was so sh!te I just stood up and screamed 'Get off, stay off and don't ever 'kin come back'. People looked at me like I was a bit mad. I still cringe when I think of it and it's why I'm not quite so shouty these days and rein the hatred in. He wasn't good enough, but it wasn't his fault.

I also misheard some people chanting about Rob Steiner and thought the fans had given him the nickname of Rhino, which made perfect sense for his bizarre playing style of dribbling through people rather than round them (the onto-your-shin-back-off-my-shin-and-past-you technique), and for several weeks was calling him Rhino at games before eventually working out I'd heard 'Steiner' as 'Rhino' (somehow). I still think of him as Rhino though.

Saw most of the 68/69 and 69/70 seasons at Brentford. My mum wouldn’t let me go to “those nasty rough boys at Shepherd’s Bush”. My first game at LR wasn’t until 1982.

I somehow knew that the day Gerry Francis resigned as manager in 1994 would be the end of the good times.

Now Brentford and Fulham are light years ahead of us-and we used to play pre season games against them.

I have moved away from London now. I went to the Wigan game this season and thought Beale would be good for us. Then I started reading all the crap about the other Rangers.

Now I just hope there will be a team to support. You’re one about being dependent on the owners’ benevolence while being killed by their incompetence was spot on.
QPR Confessions on 15:10 - Apr 16 with 1127 viewsE17hoop

There are 2:

I love Pigbag but hate the community clapalong at the start of the game.

I once fell asleep in my seat in the R block when we were being managed by JFH.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

QPR Confessions on 15:46 - Apr 16 with 1077 viewsPeterHucker

QPR Confessions on 09:53 - Apr 13 by terryb

Peter Hucker?

The goalkeeper or the LFW poster?

He means the real Peter Hucker, not me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024