Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gaz Pre Match Chat 12:14 - Apr 18 with 14101 viewsJames_Paddocks

Some quite alarming/worrying comments imo...

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 12:29 - Apr 18 with 6251 viewsRs_Holy

seems a bit broken now... His reaction at 4:05 re Tyler Roberts injury during the warm up says so much more than words can.
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 12:32 - Apr 18 with 6215 viewsHayesender

Like me, he's given up

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 12:38 - Apr 18 with 6156 viewsozexile

Where's that chirpiness? If chirpy Ainsworth can't motivate them lord above knows how the players will react to down in the dumps Ainsworth.
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 12:49 - Apr 18 with 6063 viewsaston_hoop

I know its hardly the biggest point in this but did he really say Stoke and Bristol City will have playoff hopes?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 12:53 - Apr 18 with 6013 viewsngbqpr

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 12:38 - Apr 18 by ozexile

Where's that chirpiness? If chirpy Ainsworth can't motivate them lord above knows how the players will react to down in the dumps Ainsworth.

At the start of his post-match on Sat, he had a rueful smile. Dozens of comments on Instagram along the lines of "why are you fkn smiling"...so dread to think what Twitter was like.

Maybe a reaction to that?

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 12:55 - Apr 18 with 5959 viewsLogman

Yep, seems to be more in hope than expectation now. Maybe having his hands tied by our injury list will be a blessing in disguise.

He's right about Gyokeres. Really impressed with him. Has something else.
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 12:58 - Apr 18 with 5901 viewsLoftgirl

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 13:00 - Apr 18 with 5891 viewsHunterhoop

Exasperated by many things, especially Tyler Roberts. Farcical that he has another niggle that no physio can’t identify and won’t show up on scans. Leeds sent him back because they thought nothing was wrong with him. First time he gets close to an appearance a mystery niggle crops up again.

He makes a good point about the players possibly playing with fear, and I can see what he’s trying to do in terms of taking the pressure off, but I’m not sure he should be removing accountability from the players’ shoulders to his. We need them to take a lot more accountability for their performances, and work a lot harder to make up for port execution down to pressure.
Login to get fewer ads

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 13:05 - Apr 18 with 5834 viewsLogman

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 13:00 - Apr 18 by Hunterhoop

Exasperated by many things, especially Tyler Roberts. Farcical that he has another niggle that no physio can’t identify and won’t show up on scans. Leeds sent him back because they thought nothing was wrong with him. First time he gets close to an appearance a mystery niggle crops up again.

He makes a good point about the players possibly playing with fear, and I can see what he’s trying to do in terms of taking the pressure off, but I’m not sure he should be removing accountability from the players’ shoulders to his. We need them to take a lot more accountability for their performances, and work a lot harder to make up for port execution down to pressure.

I'm sure a lot of that is being said behind closed doors. The fact is that in our current scenario (for reasons that I prefer not to go into) it is going in one ear and out of the other.
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 13:12 - Apr 18 with 5766 viewsCLAREMAN1995

"its good that Norwich will attack us that will leave gaps which we can exploit " that is enough to sink our hopes.We could get destroyed yet he thinks we will be able to score with our non existant counter attack did he watch Liverpool yesterday and dream it was QPR.
The players were not able /interested to play his style when he came here first so he relented and is now pissing up a downspout trying to make us harder to break down and its failing so miserably
He has truly been QPRd I feel bad for him .
Maybe we can pull the rabitt out of the hat and win tomorrow but its looking unlikely
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 13:16 - Apr 18 with 5715 viewsLongsufferingR

So far the following have been tried:

New manager (twice)
Criticising players
Not criticising players
Psychologist
Bonding/haka
Bringing players back from injury as soon as possible
Leaving injured players out a bit longer
Loan players
Playing without loan players
Honest interviews
Interviews with nothing given away

...and absolutely nothing has worked.

Leave the man alone, we don't need interviews before and after the game. Leave him alone to get on with trying to get a win or two. He's broken just as Critchley was broken by this team of wasters. Good interview or bad interview - doesn't matter except for us all to see what this lot have done to GA, NC and all of us. For the first time ever I will be missing a home match through reasons other than illness or family events that can't be changed. I've had enough and clearly GA has as well.
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 13:21 - Apr 18 with 5634 viewsTheChef

Thank goodness we have an experienced League One manager for next season. Can't help but feel for the guy, he must be wondering what the hell he has done.

Just get this terrible season finished, clear out the dead wood and try and build a squad of honest (ideally physically fit) professional footballers who will give everything for the shirt and at least make themselves hard to beat.

Summer 2001 all over again.

Whatever the season, etc.

We'll be back.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 13:28 - Apr 18 with 5543 viewsted_hendrix

He looks and sounds like a loser, once again I only lasted just after three minutes before switching It off.
I've got my own POV but I'd love to know what the hell has gone on behind the scenes at our club, we are welded into a losing culture, I hate It I wish the bastard season would just end.
Maybe come August I'll feel different again but right now I hate It all.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 13:37 - Apr 18 with 5466 viewskropotkin41

I honestly don't think that anyone could have done better than Critchley or GA have done. We were absolutely a busted flush when Beale walked out.... if not prior to that with the Wolves thing.... if not prior to that when Warburton fell out with the hierarchy etc etc.
It's League One.
One thing GA did get wrong imho is thinking he was coming to QPR with his eyes open... I don't think he knew quite how bad it was or is.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 13:43 - Apr 18 with 5444 viewsRs_Holy

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 13:28 - Apr 18 by ted_hendrix

He looks and sounds like a loser, once again I only lasted just after three minutes before switching It off.
I've got my own POV but I'd love to know what the hell has gone on behind the scenes at our club, we are welded into a losing culture, I hate It I wish the bastard season would just end.

Look at what he did at Wycombe and look at what Critchley did at Blackpool... Nothing wrong with these 2 managers.

You are right tho Ted, he does sound a loser in that interview ... QPR have destroyed him in 9 games.
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 13:48 - Apr 18 with 5401 viewsNortholt_Rs

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 12:55 - Apr 18 by Logman

Yep, seems to be more in hope than expectation now. Maybe having his hands tied by our injury list will be a blessing in disguise.

He's right about Gyokeres. Really impressed with him. Has something else.

Makes it even more insane nobody was assigned to mark him. They had two players on Chair every time he got the ball.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2023 13:48]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 14:03 - Apr 18 with 5254 views08olesen

Quite sad really. What the hell has gone on.

His temperament is awful, sounds like he thinks staying up is a bonus. Bit like 'Arrys view on away days in the prem.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 14:10 - Apr 18 with 5212 viewsPhilmyRs

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 13:37 - Apr 18 by kropotkin41

I honestly don't think that anyone could have done better than Critchley or GA have done. We were absolutely a busted flush when Beale walked out.... if not prior to that with the Wolves thing.... if not prior to that when Warburton fell out with the hierarchy etc etc.
It's League One.
One thing GA did get wrong imho is thinking he was coming to QPR with his eyes open... I don't think he knew quite how bad it was or is.

I disagree with this. A better manager could have kept this team up from the position we were in, 100%. He's been unbelievably naive in some of his tactical decisions, hinting at it in this interview about trying to introduce his high press but players not taking to it. Even if Critchley had stayed I think he would have kept us up. He got 8 points from his first 9 games, compared to Gareth's 4, and arguably had the easier games. I think if we'd continued on the same trajectory, based on how poor the league is, he would have got us over the line.
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 14:12 - Apr 18 with 5179 viewsMatch82

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 13:28 - Apr 18 by ted_hendrix

I'm just shellshocked about just how quickly it's happened. Less than 6 months ago we were sitting top of the table and our only concerns were if we'd be able to hold onto our best player Willock in January and if we'd be able to hold onto our manager.
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 14:14 - Apr 18 with 5158 viewsNorthernr

He's been QPR'd.
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 14:18 - Apr 18 with 5119 viewsR_from_afar

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 13:16 - Apr 18 by LongsufferingR

So far the following have been tried:

New manager (twice)
Criticising players
Not criticising players
Psychologist
Bonding/haka
Bringing players back from injury as soon as possible
Leaving injured players out a bit longer
Loan players
Playing without loan players
Honest interviews
Interviews with nothing given away

...and absolutely nothing has worked.

Leave the man alone, we don't need interviews before and after the game. Leave him alone to get on with trying to get a win or two. He's broken just as Critchley was broken by this team of wasters. Good interview or bad interview - doesn't matter except for us all to see what this lot have done to GA, NC and all of us. For the first time ever I will be missing a home match through reasons other than illness or family events that can't be changed. I've had enough and clearly GA has as well.

Great post.

Every game, for over half a season, it has been the same: It's like the home guard taking on a panzer division.

I think there are some players in our squad who care and who try their hardest but we simply don't have eleven of them. The few who are professional are not good enough to carry the rest.

It's grim.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 14:22 - Apr 18 with 5074 viewsHayesender

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 14:14 - Apr 18 by Northernr

He's been QPR'd.

Is this our Spursy?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 14:30 - Apr 18 with 5035 viewsTK1

"It'll be a magnificent achievement if we can stay in The Championship"?!

Eh? We were eight points clear when he joined. How would we have reacted if he'd said "It'll be a magnificent achievement if we can stay in The Championship" when he joined the club? That's what he's turned it into. We were ten points off the play-offs when he joined: "It'll be a magnificent achievement if we can get in the play-offs". Ha ha, good old Gareth, always positive.

He can't have it both ways. He can't start telling us relegation isn't that bad, that we've been there before, and also run to the fans after a 1-0 at home to Watford and a 2-2 at WBA like he's got us in the top six.

"It'll be a magnificent achievement if we can stay in The Championship". It really won't mate. Win a couple of your home games, get draws at Wigan and Blackpool. Play some midfielders and stifle a few games for draws. It shouldn't have been this hard. People keep telling me how bad this squad is - and it's got big problems - but I've seen them play well this season. A good manager would've have steered it home from eight points clear (plus two sets of points reductions!) by now and would be planning for next season.

I found that really depressing and quite worrying for the future.
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 14:58 - Apr 18 with 4899 viewsTheChef

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 14:30 - Apr 18 by TK1

"It'll be a magnificent achievement if we can stay in The Championship"?!

Eh? We were eight points clear when he joined. How would we have reacted if he'd said "It'll be a magnificent achievement if we can stay in The Championship" when he joined the club? That's what he's turned it into. We were ten points off the play-offs when he joined: "It'll be a magnificent achievement if we can get in the play-offs". Ha ha, good old Gareth, always positive.

He can't have it both ways. He can't start telling us relegation isn't that bad, that we've been there before, and also run to the fans after a 1-0 at home to Watford and a 2-2 at WBA like he's got us in the top six.

"It'll be a magnificent achievement if we can stay in The Championship". It really won't mate. Win a couple of your home games, get draws at Wigan and Blackpool. Play some midfielders and stifle a few games for draws. It shouldn't have been this hard. People keep telling me how bad this squad is - and it's got big problems - but I've seen them play well this season. A good manager would've have steered it home from eight points clear (plus two sets of points reductions!) by now and would be planning for next season.

I found that really depressing and quite worrying for the future.

Indeed.

WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 15:05 - Apr 18 with 4852 viewsTK1

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 14:58 - Apr 18 by TheChef

Indeed.

WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

Why is he doing interviews with the official site saying "it won't be so bad if we get relegated'?! If we weren't so rudderless, if the directors' box wasn't empty every week that would be him in front of the board. I hope it is, but who does he answer to?

It won't be "a magnificent achievement to stay up". We're fifth from bottom, two points in hand, four games left, two at home. Win one, pack the midfields for two draws JFH-style. Man up. It's very very possible. We're QPR, not Wycombe.

Jesus Christ. Can't believe that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024