Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gaz Pre Match Chat 12:14 - Apr 18 with 14261 viewsJames_Paddocks

Some quite alarming/worrying comments imo...

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 15:07 - Apr 18 with 2853 viewsmart_Goblin

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 13:16 - Apr 18 by LongsufferingR

So far the following have been tried:

New manager (twice)
Criticising players
Not criticising players
Psychologist
Bonding/haka
Bringing players back from injury as soon as possible
Leaving injured players out a bit longer
Loan players
Playing without loan players
Honest interviews
Interviews with nothing given away

...and absolutely nothing has worked.

Leave the man alone, we don't need interviews before and after the game. Leave him alone to get on with trying to get a win or two. He's broken just as Critchley was broken by this team of wasters. Good interview or bad interview - doesn't matter except for us all to see what this lot have done to GA, NC and all of us. For the first time ever I will be missing a home match through reasons other than illness or family events that can't be changed. I've had enough and clearly GA has as well.

Spot on
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 15:11 - Apr 18 with 2814 viewsmart_Goblin

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 13:00 - Apr 18 by Hunterhoop

Exasperated by many things, especially Tyler Roberts. Farcical that he has another niggle that no physio can’t identify and won’t show up on scans. Leeds sent him back because they thought nothing was wrong with him. First time he gets close to an appearance a mystery niggle crops up again.

He makes a good point about the players possibly playing with fear, and I can see what he’s trying to do in terms of taking the pressure off, but I’m not sure he should be removing accountability from the players’ shoulders to his. We need them to take a lot more accountability for their performances, and work a lot harder to make up for port execution down to pressure.

Roberts had just in the last few hours filled his Instagram stories with pics of him being tattooed with the caption “putting pain into art…”

He doesn’t do irony then.
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 15:12 - Apr 18 with 2810 views1JD

He can pump his fists and say he is mr positive all he likes, but his comments are a walking contradiction. He has a negative underdog mentality that is pervasive in everything he says and does. A penny for the players thoughts. And a penny for the owners. It worked at Wycombe, a small club with no expectations, mixed with a group of inferior quality players, but his management style is never ever going to work at a higher level.
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 15:20 - Apr 18 with 2725 viewsLogman

I can see where he is coming from. After WBA he gave it all the gung-ho, we will be OK, only going in one direction jibe and look how the players responded. Maybe he thinks that a bit of bluff is needed, 'Lads, League One is not too bad, who's coming with me ?'
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 15:37 - Apr 18 with 2669 viewsNorthantsHoop

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 13:21 - Apr 18 by TheChef

Thank goodness we have an experienced League One manager for next season. Can't help but feel for the guy, he must be wondering what the hell he has done.

Just get this terrible season finished, clear out the dead wood and try and build a squad of honest (ideally physically fit) professional footballers who will give everything for the shirt and at least make themselves hard to beat.

Summer 2001 all over again.

Whatever the season, etc.

We'll be back.

Think you are right on this, clear out all the wasters and build a team of physically stronger players. If we survive relegation it will be by more luck than judgement, this set of players are an embarrassment. Ainsworth already looks done in by them or is it they are done in by him. On Saturday there were a lot of words being exchanged by Ainsworth and Dickie in the first half, seemed to be a lot of frustration.
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 15:43 - Apr 18 with 2638 viewsNov77

When he arrived (8 points clear) he said ‘doesn’t fear relegation at all’, then it was ‘waiting for the cavalry’ and now it would be a ‘magnificent achievement’ if we stay in the championship.

All guff, all of it.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 15:46 - Apr 18 with 2612 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Just declare on 43 and let Cardiff and Reading decide it for us.

Because we've no effing idea what division we should be in next season and the actual playing of games malarkey is too divisive, it's killing us!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 15:53 - Apr 18 with 2583 viewsAndybrat

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 14:30 - Apr 18 by TK1

"It'll be a magnificent achievement if we can stay in The Championship"?!

Eh? We were eight points clear when he joined. How would we have reacted if he'd said "It'll be a magnificent achievement if we can stay in The Championship" when he joined the club? That's what he's turned it into. We were ten points off the play-offs when he joined: "It'll be a magnificent achievement if we can get in the play-offs". Ha ha, good old Gareth, always positive.

He can't have it both ways. He can't start telling us relegation isn't that bad, that we've been there before, and also run to the fans after a 1-0 at home to Watford and a 2-2 at WBA like he's got us in the top six.

"It'll be a magnificent achievement if we can stay in The Championship". It really won't mate. Win a couple of your home games, get draws at Wigan and Blackpool. Play some midfielders and stifle a few games for draws. It shouldn't have been this hard. People keep telling me how bad this squad is - and it's got big problems - but I've seen them play well this season. A good manager would've have steered it home from eight points clear (plus two sets of points reductions!) by now and would be planning for next season.

I found that really depressing and quite worrying for the future.

I get you, but now I am agreeing with him ( which means I was agreeing with you). I missed the Watford game so the last home win I saw we were singing “ we are QPR, WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE”. The one loan player we need is Tim in the middle with Sam, I know he has his lazy moments but he now knows where the net is and if “on it” will make a difference. No point saying we should have kept Critchley, we are where we are and all we can do is try and make some noised tomorrow night. Fully expect us to lose btw and looking at GA body language I suspect he may too.
Login to get fewer ads

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 16:05 - Apr 18 with 2519 viewsPhilmyRs

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 14:30 - Apr 18 by TK1

"It'll be a magnificent achievement if we can stay in The Championship"?!

Eh? We were eight points clear when he joined. How would we have reacted if he'd said "It'll be a magnificent achievement if we can stay in The Championship" when he joined the club? That's what he's turned it into. We were ten points off the play-offs when he joined: "It'll be a magnificent achievement if we can get in the play-offs". Ha ha, good old Gareth, always positive.

He can't have it both ways. He can't start telling us relegation isn't that bad, that we've been there before, and also run to the fans after a 1-0 at home to Watford and a 2-2 at WBA like he's got us in the top six.

"It'll be a magnificent achievement if we can stay in The Championship". It really won't mate. Win a couple of your home games, get draws at Wigan and Blackpool. Play some midfielders and stifle a few games for draws. It shouldn't have been this hard. People keep telling me how bad this squad is - and it's got big problems - but I've seen them play well this season. A good manager would've have steered it home from eight points clear (plus two sets of points reductions!) by now and would be planning for next season.

I found that really depressing and quite worrying for the future.

Agree, good post.
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 16:57 - Apr 18 with 2382 viewskropotkin41

I fully accept I might be well off the mark on GA's responsibility for this situation and all of that. I tell you what though, these interviews are an absolute no win for him or any manager in this kind of situation. If he celebrates a comeback and the next game is bad, flak, if he seems too happy, flak, too glum, flak... Never informative, these interviews are just part of the problem at the moment.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 17:25 - Apr 18 with 2257 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 13:00 - Apr 18 by Hunterhoop

Exasperated by many things, especially Tyler Roberts. Farcical that he has another niggle that no physio can’t identify and won’t show up on scans. Leeds sent him back because they thought nothing was wrong with him. First time he gets close to an appearance a mystery niggle crops up again.

He makes a good point about the players possibly playing with fear, and I can see what he’s trying to do in terms of taking the pressure off, but I’m not sure he should be removing accountability from the players’ shoulders to his. We need them to take a lot more accountability for their performances, and work a lot harder to make up for port execution down to pressure.

Publicly calling for player accountability gets you Critched.

He‘s damned if he does damned if he doesn’t with this lot!
[Post edited 18 Apr 2023 19:15]
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 17:25 - Apr 18 with 2268 viewsEastR

Its depressing to see the positivity squeezed out of him over the past few weeks. We’ve broken him.
He should have sat on his hands until we were mathematically safe, and then he could have fist pumped his way into the summer.
Sadly, it looks like less rock n’roll for GA, its gonna be strictly the blues from here.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 17:31 - Apr 18 with 2231 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

In general though lads, taking manager comments seriously is a fools errand, even in the good times.
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 17:40 - Apr 18 with 2187 views1JD

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 16:57 - Apr 18 by kropotkin41

I fully accept I might be well off the mark on GA's responsibility for this situation and all of that. I tell you what though, these interviews are an absolute no win for him or any manager in this kind of situation. If he celebrates a comeback and the next game is bad, flak, if he seems too happy, flak, too glum, flak... Never informative, these interviews are just part of the problem at the moment.

They could stop the interviews. But not only would that speak volumes, and be unprecedented, but the cat has already been let out of the bag. And by extension, the obvious concern is that if you can’t communicate or connect effectively with your audience, you likely won’t be doing it with the players either.
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 18:38 - Apr 18 with 2033 viewsted_hendrix

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 16:57 - Apr 18 by kropotkin41

He'll get no sympathy vote from me, nobody forced the job on him he came into the job with his eyes wide open, cant give me any crap about him not knowing about our squad and It's footballing deficiencies, all In all since the bloke arrived he's managed to actually make matters worse much worse result wise and league position wise.
We're now hanging onto our Championship status and all I seem to be reading Is Gareth will be just the Manager we need In League One??????
A total acceptance of failure by our fans and Its all so unnecessary, we should have 'banked' about 48 points by now.

Honestly nothing personal against GA but he's falling apart at the seams and taking us with him.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 18:58 - Apr 18 with 1980 viewsTK1

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 18:38 - Apr 18 by ted_hendrix

He'll get no sympathy vote from me, nobody forced the job on him he came into the job with his eyes wide open, cant give me any crap about him not knowing about our squad and It's footballing deficiencies, all In all since the bloke arrived he's managed to actually make matters worse much worse result wise and league position wise.
We're now hanging onto our Championship status and all I seem to be reading Is Gareth will be just the Manager we need In League One??????
A total acceptance of failure by our fans and Its all so unnecessary, we should have 'banked' about 48 points by now.

Honestly nothing personal against GA but he's falling apart at the seams and taking us with him.

Four points taken from 27 available, including three games lost against teams that were below us in the table is damning. And we're still not in the bottom three, haven't been all season and he's trying to portray staying up as a great escape. It's nonsense.
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 19:11 - Apr 18 with 1937 viewsdistortR

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 18:58 - Apr 18 by TK1

Four points taken from 27 available, including three games lost against teams that were below us in the table is damning. And we're still not in the bottom three, haven't been all season and he's trying to portray staying up as a great escape. It's nonsense.

It's in our hands.

Oh shit...........
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 19:50 - Apr 18 with 1810 viewsterryb

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 19:11 - Apr 18 by distortR

It's in our hands.

Oh shit...........

Actually, it might be in Cardiff's hands!

As much as I can't envisage where we will get any more points, I suspect that their fans feel the same about their club.

Tomorrow night might be the easiest left for both teams, with both playing against a relegated club whose players look to have lost interest.
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 20:01 - Apr 18 with 1759 viewswesty

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 15:12 - Apr 18 by 1JD

He can pump his fists and say he is mr positive all he likes, but his comments are a walking contradiction. He has a negative underdog mentality that is pervasive in everything he says and does. A penny for the players thoughts. And a penny for the owners. It worked at Wycombe, a small club with no expectations, mixed with a group of inferior quality players, but his management style is never ever going to work at a higher level.

Not too dissimilar to QPR then tbh only QPR being a small club with massive expectations from certain deluded fans, certainly got the inferior players. Maybe not skill wise but mentally. Certain amount of perspective needed I think
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 20:09 - Apr 18 with 1708 viewsDejR_vu

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 18:58 - Apr 18 by TK1

He's just along for the ride. He has no idea if we're going to get a Watford performance or a Preston one. He doesn't seem to understand why there was a difference between the West Brom and Coventry results.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 20:33 - Apr 18 with 1605 viewsnumbers912

I find myself agreeing with all points both positive and negative about GA but to me he seems completely at a loss as to what to say now so is trying everything and hoping something sticks. The comments about relegation not being that bad are very alarming though, I’m not sure I’ve ever heard any manager of any club come out with that. I wonder if he will think that as he takes his seat in the away dugout At Wycombe
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 20:44 - Apr 18 with 1556 viewsNorthernr

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 17:31 - Apr 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

In general though lads, taking manager comments seriously is a fools errand, even in the good times.

Are you going to keep trying to put a brave face on everything all the way into League One? Start chucking stuff FFS
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 20:44 - Apr 18 with 1556 views1JD

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 20:01 - Apr 18 by westy

Not too dissimilar to QPR then tbh only QPR being a small club with massive expectations from certain deluded fans, certainly got the inferior players. Maybe not skill wise but mentally. Certain amount of perspective needed I think

We are about to get relegated under a manager that took over when we were 8 points clear. His record reads, 9 games played, 1 win, 1 draw, 7 defeats. That’s 4 points out of 27. Results are awful, performances are even worse. And you want a sense of perspective? The mind boggles.
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 20:57 - Apr 18 with 1504 viewsThe_Beast1976

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 13:16 - Apr 18 by LongsufferingR

So far the following have been tried:

New manager (twice)
Criticising players
Not criticising players
Psychologist
Bonding/haka
Bringing players back from injury as soon as possible
Leaving injured players out a bit longer
Loan players
Playing without loan players
Honest interviews
Interviews with nothing given away

...and absolutely nothing has worked.

Leave the man alone, we don't need interviews before and after the game. Leave him alone to get on with trying to get a win or two. He's broken just as Critchley was broken by this team of wasters. Good interview or bad interview - doesn't matter except for us all to see what this lot have done to GA, NC and all of us. For the first time ever I will be missing a home match through reasons other than illness or family events that can't be changed. I've had enough and clearly GA has as well.

The one thing that hasn't been tried is the fans booing the players from the minute they walk onto the pitch, and getting stuck into them for the whole game. Treat them like they are Chels*a players. Abuse them throughout. See what the tosser$ make of that. As you say, nothing else has worked so maybe that will.
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 21:16 - Apr 18 with 1419 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 20:44 - Apr 18 by Northernr

Are you going to keep trying to put a brave face on everything all the way into League One? Start chucking stuff FFS

Yeah probably. I'll leave all the venting to others.

In reality I have the stomach lining of an air traffic controller.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024