Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gaz Pre Match Chat 12:14 - Apr 18 with 14263 viewsJames_Paddocks

Some quite alarming/worrying comments imo...

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 11:36 - Apr 19 with 2292 viewsAntti_Heinola

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 08:34 - Apr 19 by Northolt_Rs

We had prime Willockā€¦.he was the difference. Once he got injured the wheels came off exactly the same way it did last season for Warburton. Except this season is worse because we donā€™t have the goals from Austin and Gray. Starting the season with Dykes, Bonne and Armstrong as our ā€˜strikeforceā€™ was suicidal.

there weren't any goals from Austin last season, let's face it.

Bare bones.

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 11:39 - Apr 19 with 2287 viewsE15Hoop

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 11:19 - Apr 19 by 1JD

Taking aside my own position, which is shared by many fans, his interviews are both erratic and contradictory - sometimes even in the same sentence. And some of things that come out of his mouth have been pretty outrageous.

Take for example the quote a few games back saying he believed we were underdogs in every game, including - and he specifically called it out against ā€œbottom of the table Wiganā€. That statement alone should of had alarm bells ringing loudly.

A new set of quotes, now saying relegation isnā€™t a disaster. Would love to have to seen the faces of the owners on that one who will be a minimum 10m lighter. I think he virtually signed his own P45.

He is also unable to communicate with any depth or substance, with the only answer to the problem, ā€œwork harderā€. He demonstrably has no analysis skills, very little tactical skills, and poor decision-making. As Kevin Gallen said, he will not be received well by the players. All in all, his communication IS a problem whether you like it or not.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 11:22]

I agree with some of that JD.
Not all of it, as you know, but what I definitely DO accept is that his body language and demeanour is poor. It wreaks of underdog as you say, but not in any kind of positive sense. Its very much the language of a small dog when being threatened by a bulldog, where the smaller dog cowers his head, and lies down on the ground to show its not a threat to the bulldog - you can see GA's head literally shrink into his shoulders, and that's absolutely going to get picked up by the players.
Ironically, I still don't think he would have to change his core message that much, IF he was clearer, consistent and decisive with the messsage - for example, as I've just written on the "brainwashing" thread: "We know we've massively underperformed this season, and there's no excuses. I've made that clear to all the players, and reminded them what a privilege it is to play for this great club. They've got 4 matches to save the season, and I'm confident that we can sneak over the line if everyone gives everything, and when they feel they've given everything, they need to find an extra run, block, tackle, cute pass, and shot, because that's what its going to take. No hiding - everyone needs to make their presence count. Do that, and we've still got a chance".
Not much differnt to what he was saying a couple of weeks ago, but just delivering it in a "we're going to take it to the opposition" manner would make a HUGE difference, and its depressing to see that he hasn't either been told this, or realised it himself.
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 11:53 - Apr 19 with 2204 viewsdaveB

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 11:36 - Apr 19 by Antti_Heinola

there weren't any goals from Austin last season, let's face it.

7 more than Armstrong and Bonne managed this year, same number as our current top goalscorer as well.
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 12:00 - Apr 19 with 2163 viewsMalintabuk

I think the Haka was the start of the decline. You could tell by the players reaction.... what the f###.....on their faces
GA is just another cog in the vast machine that is QPR... that is basically kaput
We have tried managers... we have tried coaches... we have tried developing our own players... to buying seasoned pros.... we have gone from this, to that, and back to this again.... and achieved the square root of sod all
GA was indeed a placebo, hired to appease the fans... most on here, myself included, did not think he was the man for the Jon, but was willing to try it ...... after all we tried nearly everything else.
As a club we are the 100 monkeys at a typewriter that will eventually produce a Shakespeare play... just poor Gareth was the monkey without a ribbon
So Lg 1 beckons. I seem to have come full circle with this club. I started out on this road in Div 3 and I guess I may shuffle off this motral coil.... with us back there
Oh and also someone tell him to cut his hair... being the oldest swinger in town is not the look really
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 12:05 - Apr 19 with 2144 viewsQPROslo

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 07:58 - Apr 19 by Northernr

We've won two of 27 matches.

Yes so you keep reminding us, and now possibly we need to win our last 4 to stay in the Division. Players like Willock and Chair who have been among the best in the Championship seem to have lost all confidence and form, as have others. I don't see players who arent trying but I do see them panic all too easily, 3 going for the same ball last game and so we go 0-1, defenders desperately hacking the ball into the stands repeatedly often when they had time to control it and clear to one of our own. Clear signs of loss of confidence in themselves and each other. As Gareth keeps saying too for all that helps. I think the players really need to shake it all off, forget the table, and go out and enjoy themselves. That might just get them playing like they once did again, but they are leaving it very very late. No, I've got little hope left either. 2 wins in 27, you'd think it couldnt get worse but it probably will.
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 12:18 - Apr 19 with 2110 views1JD

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 11:39 - Apr 19 by E15Hoop

I agree with some of that JD.
Not all of it, as you know, but what I definitely DO accept is that his body language and demeanour is poor. It wreaks of underdog as you say, but not in any kind of positive sense. Its very much the language of a small dog when being threatened by a bulldog, where the smaller dog cowers his head, and lies down on the ground to show its not a threat to the bulldog - you can see GA's head literally shrink into his shoulders, and that's absolutely going to get picked up by the players.
Ironically, I still don't think he would have to change his core message that much, IF he was clearer, consistent and decisive with the messsage - for example, as I've just written on the "brainwashing" thread: "We know we've massively underperformed this season, and there's no excuses. I've made that clear to all the players, and reminded them what a privilege it is to play for this great club. They've got 4 matches to save the season, and I'm confident that we can sneak over the line if everyone gives everything, and when they feel they've given everything, they need to find an extra run, block, tackle, cute pass, and shot, because that's what its going to take. No hiding - everyone needs to make their presence count. Do that, and we've still got a chance".
Not much differnt to what he was saying a couple of weeks ago, but just delivering it in a "we're going to take it to the opposition" manner would make a HUGE difference, and its depressing to see that he hasn't either been told this, or realised it himself.

GA has flipped flopped between styles, firstly playing to his strengths and what he knows (a really poor judgment call), and now he says, back to more of a style the players know and asked for in the clear the air meeting. But to get to that point, there is already an obvious issue. No surprises if he has already lost the dressing room. Additionally, when I see chair hook it first time with an up and under against Cov, and he was far from alone in that, itā€™s quite obvious to me the players are still playing under strict instruction. They are caught in no manā€™s land.

I think the best thing he can do is play three CMs, and re-implement the two number 10s, and just tell them to play with total freedom. He needs to get out of the way. His team talk should have far less emphasis on hard work, and far more emphasis on showcasing our skill and talent. Focus on technique. Focus on quality. Go and show everyone that you are in fact as talented, if not more so, than the opposition. Just like you did earlier in the season. No more inferior underdog b**locks.
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 13:05 - Apr 19 with 1986 viewsE15Hoop

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 12:18 - Apr 19 by 1JD

GA has flipped flopped between styles, firstly playing to his strengths and what he knows (a really poor judgment call), and now he says, back to more of a style the players know and asked for in the clear the air meeting. But to get to that point, there is already an obvious issue. No surprises if he has already lost the dressing room. Additionally, when I see chair hook it first time with an up and under against Cov, and he was far from alone in that, itā€™s quite obvious to me the players are still playing under strict instruction. They are caught in no manā€™s land.

I think the best thing he can do is play three CMs, and re-implement the two number 10s, and just tell them to play with total freedom. He needs to get out of the way. His team talk should have far less emphasis on hard work, and far more emphasis on showcasing our skill and talent. Focus on technique. Focus on quality. Go and show everyone that you are in fact as talented, if not more so, than the opposition. Just like you did earlier in the season. No more inferior underdog b**locks.

I do agree with that. In fact, I actually advocated throwing Taylor Richards into the mix as well. even though Ainsworth has obviously been protecting him, so that you can start to get some clever interplay going between Richards, Chair and Willock.
That way, you could still do long ball out from the back, but get the two 10s closer to Dykes, so that when he does his flick-ons, there's actually someone who can do something positive and creative with them.
The trouble is that Chair also looks in hangdog mode, and Willock looks like he can't muster the power to do anything apart from a pass to the opposition keeper.
I'm still with you, though - give these players the power but also the confidence to play through the crap, and once you get two or three passing moves together you'll get confidence back, as we saw against West Brom.
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 13:19 - Apr 19 with 1940 viewstraininvain

Letā€™s be honest, Ainsworth looks completely out of his depth which isnā€™t surprising given results and performances.

The sad thing is that weā€™d have been better off sticking with Critchley (or a stop gap) and keeping the Ainsworth card for post relegation to League One. It mightā€™ve galvanised the club over the summer.

Now it looks increasingly difficult for Ainsworth to continue as the performances deteriorate and he looks completely beaten by the job.
Login to get fewer ads

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 13:21 - Apr 19 with 1935 viewsPhilmyRs

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 12:18 - Apr 19 by 1JD

Agree with a lot of this too.

Think Nedum Onuoha once said about the different styles/mentalities of players/Managers and how they approach games.

You get the group that want you to put in that early "reducer" challenge, be prepared to get in the opposition's face, view it as a battle for every ball and have no issue playing ugly, direct football.

Then there's the group that favour 'showing some personality with the ball', getting in possession and knocking it about and having the confidence to do it. Think with the profile of player we have, when all fit, packing the midfield, getting the creative players on the ball and in Warbs words "looking after the Football" is the best approach for us. High press, direct style with centre backs at full back, going long, getting your best players out wide an encouraging them to put crosses into the box is just not working and reducing the limited attacking threat we pose, while clearly not addressing any defensive deficiencies.

We've played a certain way for so long, as they alluded to in the West London podcast and built up an identity, although valid arguments that we need to tweak this and mix it up a bit more, you don't try and change literally years of footballing identity in the space of a couple of months.
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 13:32 - Apr 19 with 1894 viewsTheChef

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 13:21 - Apr 19 by PhilmyRs

Agree with a lot of this too.

Think Nedum Onuoha once said about the different styles/mentalities of players/Managers and how they approach games.

You get the group that want you to put in that early "reducer" challenge, be prepared to get in the opposition's face, view it as a battle for every ball and have no issue playing ugly, direct football.

Then there's the group that favour 'showing some personality with the ball', getting in possession and knocking it about and having the confidence to do it. Think with the profile of player we have, when all fit, packing the midfield, getting the creative players on the ball and in Warbs words "looking after the Football" is the best approach for us. High press, direct style with centre backs at full back, going long, getting your best players out wide an encouraging them to put crosses into the box is just not working and reducing the limited attacking threat we pose, while clearly not addressing any defensive deficiencies.

We've played a certain way for so long, as they alluded to in the West London podcast and built up an identity, although valid arguments that we need to tweak this and mix it up a bit more, you don't try and change literally years of footballing identity in the space of a couple of months.

Well quite.

Not wishing to defend the players, who have the most to answer for - but if in my job I'd had four line managers in less than a year, all with different personalities and ways of working, I wouldn't know if I was coming or going either.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 13:54 - Apr 19 with 1818 viewstoboboly

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 13:32 - Apr 19 by TheChef

Well quite.

Not wishing to defend the players, who have the most to answer for - but if in my job I'd had four line managers in less than a year, all with different personalities and ways of working, I wouldn't know if I was coming or going either.

True but if you'd caused one of those to go and now didn't like the next one you are complicit.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 14:02 - Apr 19 with 1791 viewsPhilmyRs

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 13:32 - Apr 19 by TheChef

Well quite.

If a Manager came into your organisation (Warbs), and said this is how we're going to start doing things, with the support of the Director sets out a long term vision for the organisation, states how he wants the culture of the organisation to develop, starts employing people suited to the new way of working and takes the organisation forward, after 3 years you may want a change but unless drastic change is required, you'd probably want to replace them with someone with a similar mindset but with a bit more energy to take it to the next level (Beale). Critchley is a bit of anomaly as his background is similar to Beale but the lack of personality was a major hindrance but GA is clearly a major departure to whats gone before.

Not totally against some sort of re-set as we've clearly become a soft touch, as Critchley himself said, but don't try big change with so few games left and in the middle of testing period, especially when you don't have the profile of player to implement what you want.
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 14:05 - Apr 19 with 1766 viewsTheChef

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 13:54 - Apr 19 by toboboly

True but if you'd caused one of those to go and now didn't like the next one you are complicit.

Ha, fair enough!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 14:10 - Apr 19 with 1743 viewsCLAREMAN1995

This is a brilliant discussion despite the situation we are in but I have 3 questions for more knowledgable QPR fans than me espiceally those season ticket holders .
Is GA just not able to set up his team correctly after scouting the opposition . The midfield against Coventry appears to have broken the floodgates on here .
Is he too slow to adjust his game plan when it goes to hell in a handbasket like switching formations ,subs etc.
Have the players simply just refused to listen and basically do their own thing on the field leading to chaos thats unfolding before our eyes.Thanks
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 16:18 - Apr 19 with 1553 viewsE15Hoop

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 14:10 - Apr 19 by CLAREMAN1995

This is a brilliant discussion despite the situation we are in but I have 3 questions for more knowledgable QPR fans than me espiceally those season ticket holders .
Is GA just not able to set up his team correctly after scouting the opposition . The midfield against Coventry appears to have broken the floodgates on here .
Is he too slow to adjust his game plan when it goes to hell in a handbasket like switching formations ,subs etc.
Have the players simply just refused to listen and basically do their own thing on the field leading to chaos thats unfolding before our eyes.Thanks

I think this will answer a lot of those questions, Fella: https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/should-qpr-have-kept-critchley

Now bear in mind, that Kev Gallen was a teammate of GA's for however long, and Ian McCullough has interviewed GA a fair few times by now.
They've both been pushed to the end of their tether, particularly McCullough.
When you're getting shot at by those who would most love you to succeed, it suggests you may be best off asking yourself a few serious questions..
Careful with this - you might need a break just to come up for oxygen, and reassure yourself that life is still worth living..
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 16:26 - Apr 19 with 1513 viewsdaveB

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 16:18 - Apr 19 by E15Hoop

I think this will answer a lot of those questions, Fella: https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/should-qpr-have-kept-critchley

Now bear in mind, that Kev Gallen was a teammate of GA's for however long, and Ian McCullough has interviewed GA a fair few times by now.
They've both been pushed to the end of their tether, particularly McCullough.
When you're getting shot at by those who would most love you to succeed, it suggests you may be best off asking yourself a few serious questions..
Careful with this - you might need a break just to come up for oxygen, and reassure yourself that life is still worth living..

Maybe watch it after tonight as it is quite depressing even though they are bang on with what they both said
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 16:45 - Apr 19 with 1453 viewsAntti_Heinola

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 11:53 - Apr 19 by daveB

7 more than Armstrong and Bonne managed this year, same number as our current top goalscorer as well.

have to admit I'm surprised it was that many because he was absolutely rank last season, as bad as anything this season. Couldn't trap a ball let alone much else. Out of all those games, the Everton first half was the only one where he looked like Charlie of the previous season.

Bare bones.

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 12:35 - Apr 22 with 1137 viewsSydneyRs

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 12:00 - Apr 19 by Malintabuk

I think the Haka was the start of the decline. You could tell by the players reaction.... what the f###.....on their faces
GA is just another cog in the vast machine that is QPR... that is basically kaput
We have tried managers... we have tried coaches... we have tried developing our own players... to buying seasoned pros.... we have gone from this, to that, and back to this again.... and achieved the square root of sod all
GA was indeed a placebo, hired to appease the fans... most on here, myself included, did not think he was the man for the Jon, but was willing to try it ...... after all we tried nearly everything else.
As a club we are the 100 monkeys at a typewriter that will eventually produce a Shakespeare play... just poor Gareth was the monkey without a ribbon
So Lg 1 beckons. I seem to have come full circle with this club. I started out on this road in Div 3 and I guess I may shuffle off this motral coil.... with us back there
Oh and also someone tell him to cut his hair... being the oldest swinger in town is not the look really

The decline started a loooong time before that
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 12:38 - Apr 22 with 1134 viewsSydneyRs

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 16:45 - Apr 19 by Antti_Heinola

have to admit I'm surprised it was that many because he was absolutely rank last season, as bad as anything this season. Couldn't trap a ball let alone much else. Out of all those games, the Everton first half was the only one where he looked like Charlie of the previous season.

He's playing two divisions lower for a reason.
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 13:06 - Apr 22 with 1068 viewsDavieQPR

Part of GA's problems are that he insists Dunne and Dickie play it long and they are not capable of this. How many times do they kick into touch or straight to the keeper.
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 13:26 - Apr 22 with 993 viewsE15Hoop

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 13:06 - Apr 22 by DavieQPR

Part of GA's problems are that he insists Dunne and Dickie play it long and they are not capable of this. How many times do they kick into touch or straight to the keeper.

They're not capable of playing it short, either - unless you count passing it to each other and then looking progressively more like rabbits caught in the headlights as opposing attackers bear down on them as "playing".
At least by going long, they're only causing damage to the spectators!
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 13:31 - Apr 22 with 979 viewsjohnhoop

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 15:11 - Apr 18 by mart_Goblin

Roberts had just in the last few hours filled his Instagram stories with pics of him being tattooed with the caption ā€œputting pain into artā€¦ā€

He doesnā€™t do irony then.

Reading this again now Iā€™d say he definitely got the wrong caption.
It should have been ā€œputting pain into the tart.ā€
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024