Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gaz Pre Match Chat 12:14 - Apr 18 with 14260 viewsJames_Paddocks

Some quite alarming/worrying comments imo...

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 21:18 - Apr 18 with 2618 viewsCateLeBonR

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 20:57 - Apr 18 by The_Beast1976

The one thing that hasn't been tried is the fans booing the players from the minute they walk onto the pitch, and getting stuck into them for the whole game. Treat them like they are Chels*a players. Abuse them throughout. See what the tosser$ make of that. As you say, nothing else has worked so maybe that will.

I think we should all just get very drunk before the match. That usually helps.
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 21:24 - Apr 18 with 2560 viewsibnumber10

He does sound broken, if we lose the last 4 games he will overtake Critchley as the manager with the lowest win percentage ever. As it stands he currently has the 2nd lowest win percentage. Mind you back to back managers with the worst win ratio records in our history tells you more about the club and the players than the managers. Although GA seems at a loss now and resigned to relegation, maybe that is what the club has done to him in his short tenure. Acceptance of mediocrity or worse by people who have responsibilities at all levels, no accountability and players who just donā€™t want it when the going got tough.
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 21:43 - Apr 18 with 2461 viewsCateLeBonR

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 21:24 - Apr 18 by ibnumber10

He does sound broken, if we lose the last 4 games he will overtake Critchley as the manager with the lowest win percentage ever. As it stands he currently has the 2nd lowest win percentage. Mind you back to back managers with the worst win ratio records in our history tells you more about the club and the players than the managers. Although GA seems at a loss now and resigned to relegation, maybe that is what the club has done to him in his short tenure. Acceptance of mediocrity or worse by people who have responsibilities at all levels, no accountability and players who just donā€™t want it when the going got tough.

From Alan Mulleryā€™s Wikipedia.

In 1985, Mullery said that his time at QPR "turned me into a monster". He suggested that the players couldn't overcome their disappointment that Terry Venables had left the club. Mullery blamed what he called "the moaning, groaning bunch of players who treated me, themselves and their profession with contempt" for killing his love of football.

I donā€™t think this is Ainsworth btw. I think Ainsworth knows far more than any of us how difficult this job is.
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 21:46 - Apr 18 with 2432 viewsdaveB

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 21:24 - Apr 18 by ibnumber10

He currently has the highest loss percentage of all time (of managers who have managed more than 1 game) losing 65% of his 20 games in 3 spells. Slightly worse than Bill Dodgin (61%) and Mark Hughes (58%)

I found his comments about relegation bizarre, this whole 2 months under him has been a bit surreal really

Results not great tonight, Huddersfield & Rotherham both picked up a point. Wigan won at Stoke
We have to win tomorrow.

Burnley had another off night, a win Saturday and they win the league so at least 5-0 that one
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 22:04 - Apr 18 with 2354 viewsPaddyhoops

Feel for Ainsworth. Hasnā€™t been able to motivate this sorry lot.
Is he good enough. I donā€™t think so but we might as well stick with him for the future.
At least with Critchley we picked up the odd point here and there and it would have been interesting to see how he would have managed with the returning injured players.
We will never know.
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 22:23 - Apr 18 with 2263 viewsdaveB

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 22:04 - Apr 18 by Paddyhoops

Feel for Ainsworth. Hasnā€™t been able to motivate this sorry lot.
Is he good enough. I donā€™t think so but we might as well stick with him for the future.
At least with Critchley we picked up the odd point here and there and it would have been interesting to see how he would have managed with the returning injured players.
We will never know.

Most motivation comes from within the players, There is just a real lack of self belief which comes across as not trying or caring. The first time something goes wrong in a game they just crumble, a here we go again attitude. You can have the manager tell you all week you are great you can do it etc but once they hit adversity they know that means they will lose as it keeps happening. Look at the difference when they got the first goal v Watford, completely different mindset

The gameplan for me is a massive problem and has been under both Ainsworth & Critchley, we have no plan for how to score a goal apart from a set piece. You could see patterns of play under Beale, things they had clearly worked on finding ways to get in behind, pull cross back get people on the end of them, that's all gone now, we don't even attempt it just lump balls into the mixer and hope for the best.

Ainsworth started as a high pressing team which had promise in the first 3 games but we've abandoned that now and I really don't know what we are trying to do anymore
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 22:40 - Apr 18 with 2187 viewsCamberleyR

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 21:43 - Apr 18 by CateLeBonR

From Alan Mulleryā€™s Wikipedia.

In 1985, Mullery said that his time at QPR "turned me into a monster". He suggested that the players couldn't overcome their disappointment that Terry Venables had left the club. Mullery blamed what he called "the moaning, groaning bunch of players who treated me, themselves and their profession with contempt" for killing his love of football.

I donā€™t think this is Ainsworth btw. I think Ainsworth knows far more than any of us how difficult this job is.

The similarities that season with Mullery following in the aftermath of Terry Venables is a fair comparison to what's happened here post Bealeshitter and something that hadn't occurred to me.

Where we ended up, escaping relegation by the skin of our teeth, there probably was an element of the players pining for the departed Venables and not respecting Mullery at all. The exception maybe was John Byrne who Mullery signed and was about the only decent thing that happened under his management.

Why Uncle Jim decided on Mullery god only knows when we possibly could have had someone like David Pleat or Terry Neill.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 23:23 - Apr 18 with 2046 viewsnumptydumpty

It appeared he is just hoping but not believing its possible

Four four two and bang it up to the big man to flick it on to no one.

Get caught on e ery break going and leave the danger man to drift and score.

Coventry got and excellent goalscorer as have Norwich with Pukki.
He is 33 and is leaving Norwich at the end of the season

Qpr could do worse then getting in a player such as this.

But I think we will be in league one and buy a brick sh*thouse up front.

The joys !!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Login to get fewer ads

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 23:49 - Apr 18 with 2007 viewsCanadaRanger

He's going to be grey within six months if things don't change...
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 00:04 - Apr 19 with 1983 viewsconnell10

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 23:49 - Apr 18 by CanadaRanger

He has a fresh supply of Just For Men. I bet .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 00:16 - Apr 19 with 1959 viewsnumptydumpty

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 23:49 - Apr 18 by CanadaRanger

He probably would be perfect for league one but I think he will be released at end of this season

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 03:52 - Apr 19 with 1857 viewsSydneyRs

Looks like a guy that's tried everything to get through to these players and knows it isn't working. There's being poor enough to be relegated despite fighting hard and there's the absolutely embarrassing phone it in crap that's been served up by our squad for ages now.

Ainsworth is used to working with players that buy into his work ethic etc and he's faced with our lot, many of whom couldn't give a stuff and aren't afraid to show it. I feel for him.
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 05:22 - Apr 19 with 1817 viewsQPROslo

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 21:16 - Apr 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

Yeah probably. I'll leave all the venting to others.

In reality I have the stomach lining of an air traffic controller.

I'm with you. If we were in the play-off places many on these forums would be moaning that if we got promoted we'd get hammered game after game, the PL is a League full of rich men's toys, ticket prices too high, we'd have to get rid of all the players they are'nt good enough, keep all the players because we're coming back down anyway, get rid of everyone at the Club, they've given us these false hope's, VAR sucks.
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 07:00 - Apr 19 with 1758 viewskernowhoop

The one thing that hasn't been tried is the fans booing the players from the minute they walk onto the pitch, and getting stuck into them for the whole game. Treat them like they are Chels*a players. Abuse them throughout. See what the tosser$ make of that. As you say, nothing else has worked so maybe that will.

Something is needed but that just sounds suicidal.
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 07:51 - Apr 19 with 1650 viewsdavman

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 17:31 - Apr 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

In general though lads, taking manager comments seriously is a fools errand, even in the good times.

Exactly what our players must think...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 07:58 - Apr 19 with 1633 viewsNorthernr

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 05:22 - Apr 19 by QPROslo

I'm with you. If we were in the play-off places many on these forums would be moaning that if we got promoted we'd get hammered game after game, the PL is a League full of rich men's toys, ticket prices too high, we'd have to get rid of all the players they are'nt good enough, keep all the players because we're coming back down anyway, get rid of everyone at the Club, they've given us these false hope's, VAR sucks.

We've won two of 27 matches.
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 08:34 - Apr 19 with 1558 viewsNortholt_Rs

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 22:23 - Apr 18 by daveB

Most motivation comes from within the players, There is just a real lack of self belief which comes across as not trying or caring. The first time something goes wrong in a game they just crumble, a here we go again attitude. You can have the manager tell you all week you are great you can do it etc but once they hit adversity they know that means they will lose as it keeps happening. Look at the difference when they got the first goal v Watford, completely different mindset

The gameplan for me is a massive problem and has been under both Ainsworth & Critchley, we have no plan for how to score a goal apart from a set piece. You could see patterns of play under Beale, things they had clearly worked on finding ways to get in behind, pull cross back get people on the end of them, that's all gone now, we don't even attempt it just lump balls into the mixer and hope for the best.

Ainsworth started as a high pressing team which had promise in the first 3 games but we've abandoned that now and I really don't know what we are trying to do anymore

We had prime Willockā€¦.he was the difference. Once he got injured the wheels came off exactly the same way it did last season for Warburton. Except this season is worse because we donā€™t have the goals from Austin and Gray. Starting the season with Dykes, Bonne and Armstrong as our ā€˜strikeforceā€™ was suicidal.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 08:38 - Apr 19 with 1544 viewshoops_legend

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 14:22 - Apr 18 by Hayesender

Is this our Spursy?

People who laugh at spurs always crack me up. I would do anything for qpr to be anywhere near like spurs. Honestly itā€™s a well run club, very consistent and get great games

QPR destroy careers and are often a shambles

Spurs and arsenal fans have no idea what itā€™s like for us as an example

Itā€™s much more fun supporting us though because when we get a win or a draw itā€™s worth celebrating whereas other fans expect i
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 09:01 - Apr 19 with 1502 viewsdaveB

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 08:34 - Apr 19 by Northolt_Rs

We had prime Willockā€¦.he was the difference. Once he got injured the wheels came off exactly the same way it did last season for Warburton. Except this season is worse because we donā€™t have the goals from Austin and Gray. Starting the season with Dykes, Bonne and Armstrong as our ā€˜strikeforceā€™ was suicidal.

I do agree but Willock got injured at Sheff Utd and we went top after that winning 2 of the 3 games he missed
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 09:12 - Apr 19 with 1451 viewsenfieldargh

I said the same on another thread, it might work, will baffle the opposition and get an almighty weight off the mental fragility of anyone not on the pitch.

(imagine being the one to trying to start that off!)

And heres your QPR
#1 Seny Dieng booooooooooooooooo
#2 Kenneth Paal booooooooooooooooooooooooo
#3 Jimmy Dunne booooooooooooooooooo
#11 Tyler Roberts defening silence

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 09:26 - Apr 19 with 1392 viewsNortholt_Rs

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 09:12 - Apr 19 by enfieldargh

I said the same on another thread, it might work, will baffle the opposition and get an almighty weight off the mental fragility of anyone not on the pitch.

(imagine being the one to trying to start that off!)

And heres your QPR
#1 Seny Dieng booooooooooooooooo
#2 Kenneth Paal booooooooooooooooooooooooo
#3 Jimmy Dunne booooooooooooooooooo
#11 Tyler Roberts defening silence

#11 Tyler Roberts WHO?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 10:05 - Apr 19 with 1294 viewsPinnerPaul

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 17:40 - Apr 18 by 1JD

They could stop the interviews. But not only would that speak volumes, and be unprecedented, but the cat has already been let out of the bag. And by extension, the obvious concern is that if you canā€™t communicate or connect effectively with your audience, you likely wonā€™t be doing it with the players either.

Communicating 'effectively' isn't the same as only saying things you agree with.
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 10:08 - Apr 19 with 1289 viewsPinnerPaul

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 20:09 - Apr 18 by DejR_vu

He's just along for the ride. He has no idea if we're going to get a Watford performance or a Preston one. He doesn't seem to understand why there was a difference between the West Brom and Coventry results.

Does anyone?

Or why we were top Oct and now where we are

or why we were great under Beale INC after the Wolves 'thing' and then didn't score for 5

or why we only had to finish 17th best from Feb to make the top 6 but were in fact 23rd best under MW?

As the song said "There are more questions than answers"!
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 11:15 - Apr 19 with 1152 viewsdaveB

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 10:08 - Apr 19 by PinnerPaul

Does anyone?

Or why we were top Oct and now where we are

or why we were great under Beale INC after the Wolves 'thing' and then didn't score for 5

or why we only had to finish 17th best from Feb to make the top 6 but were in fact 23rd best under MW?

As the song said "There are more questions than answers"!

you'd hope the manager might have a clue as to why things were so different.

I mean I could give him a clue in that Coventry played with 3 in midfield outnumbered us and didn't allow Chair any space, put 2 men on him so he couldn't drift inside
Gaz Pre Match Chat on 11:19 - Apr 19 with 1137 views1JD

Gaz Pre Match Chat on 10:05 - Apr 19 by PinnerPaul

Communicating 'effectively' isn't the same as only saying things you agree with.

Taking aside my own position, which is shared by many fans, his interviews are both erratic and contradictory - sometimes even in the same sentence. And some of things that come out of his mouth have been pretty outrageous.

Take for example the quote a few games back saying he believed we were underdogs in every game, including - and he specifically called it out against ā€œbottom of the table Wiganā€. That statement alone should of had alarm bells ringing loudly.

A new set of quotes, now saying relegation isnā€™t a disaster. Would love to have to seen the faces of the owners on that one who will be a minimum 10m lighter. I think he virtually signed his own P45.

He is also unable to communicate with any depth or substance, with the only answer to the problem, ā€œwork harderā€. He demonstrably has no analysis skills, very little tactical skills, and poor decision-making. As Kevin Gallen said, he will not be received well by the players. All in all, his communication IS a problem whether you like it or not.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 11:22]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024